PDA

View Full Version : Arrival

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:00:09 AM
Kiranna Sunrider walked into the recruitment center. For years, she had debated with herself on whether or not to follow the path of the Jedi. Her own ancestor, Vima Da-Boda had fallen at one point, into a path of betrayal. She often feared the same would happen to her.

However, as the years passed, she felt her passive powers surfacing. She felt that at the very least, she should learn to control them. She had learned that the Sunrider line had brought forth many great Jedi Knights. Kiranna knew that it was time to join them.

As she looked around, she wondered where her path would take her, but even more, she was confused. She had taken the first step by coming here, but now, she didn't know what to do. She didn't know if was supposed to seek someone to help her, or if someone would come to her.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 24th, 2003, 04:53:22 AM
"Greetings," a voice said from behind her. As the girl turned, she was greeted by a tall lithe figure dressed in Jedi robes. He smiled brightly and bowed his head in greeting. "I am Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic. Is there something I can help you with?"

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 24th, 2003, 02:58:09 PM
Kiranna smiled, but felt nervous inside. "I . . . want to become a Jedi Knight." Those words rang in her ears. The realization came full on that once she decided to take this path, her destiny was set. But she realized that the thought held no fear for her. It was time to accept her destiny. From the moment she learned that the Sunrider line consisted of many great Jedi Knights, she knew her path was with the Force.

She straightened and smiled at the Jedi standing before her. It felt as though a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Finally, she could accept her destiny without fear.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 25th, 2003, 01:35:13 PM
He nodded in reply, "Most who come here do," he smiled, "but why is it that you wish to become a Jedi? What motivates you?"

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:27:50 PM
Kiranna thought for a moment. That was a perfectly good question. Why did she want to be a Jedi Knight? Was it because she was a Sunrider? Because her line had produced many Jedi? Or was there some deeper reason?

"I'm not sure," she admitted truthfully. "I had been debating with myself for some time whether or not I should become a Jedi." She looked down at her boots. "I suppose I decided I should because I knew that my path lays in the Force. I felt it."

She looked back at Dasquian, wondering what he would say about that. Some of her nerves came back, but not as much as when she first walked in.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 26th, 2003, 04:01:45 AM
"Yes, some people do feel as though it is their destiny to walk this path. Some of us are born already predestined for great things. That is, however, simply not enough to make a good Jedi… you must want to be a Jedi. Do you?"

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 26th, 2003, 01:55:21 PM
"Yes." Her voice was not timid. There was conviction there. She had finally realized that if she let the Force be her guide, she could do great things. She was finally ready to give herself to the Force.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:08:21 AM
"Tell me what it is, in your opinion, we as Jedi, both as individuals and collectively, do."

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:49:08 PM
"Jedi protect those that are weaker than they are. The live the ways of the Force. Individually, I suppose that they train to recieve a better understanding of the Force, and the world around them," she answered. "They are peacekeepers, mediators, and scholars."

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 29th, 2003, 03:18:43 AM
"What do you know of the Force?"

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:06:22 AM
"I know some of the basics. How to use the Force to make myself jump higher, run faster, etc. I can usually sense people, but mostly only those who are able to use the Force." Kiranna thought she was done until she remembered something else. "I also have this ability . . . I can't use it on command, only when I'm in danger, but if a group of people are attacking me or someone else, I can make them turn against one another."

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:27:03 AM
Dasquian frowned, "That sounds… odd. I think you should be carefully about that last one. It could be treading too close to the Darkside. As for what you already know of the Force, you will be retaught all of this to ensure that you have full knowledge and have learnt it correctly."

He thought a moment.

"You do understand the dangers a Jedi can face, yes?"

Kiranna Sunrider
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:28:48 AM
Kiranna nodded. "Yes. I understand."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2004, 10:49:14 AM
"Very well, then. I welcome you as an initiate to the Jedi Order. Until the time at which your training begins, you are free to explore the grounds. I would advise visiting the onsite Bar and Grill, so that you may speak to those who it is likely you will be working with. If you do not already have residence on Coruscant, that too is available in the LQ. Good luck."

Kiranna Sunrider
Jan 1st, 2004, 04:33:56 PM
"Thank you," Kiranna said. She was looking forward to exploring her new home.