PDA

View Full Version : Have a safe and good Christmas!

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:35:14 AM
Usually, I'd pontificate on what I think Christmas means, but after one nasty year, I dont have the energy. I'm so glad this year is over. Admittedly, the last three months have been very good, but oh so busy. It feels like God knows I'm here again :)

So, on behalf of myself and Helen, I wish ye all a good Christmas and a good holiday. We're buggering off for a bit.

Unfortunantly, I wanted to post real pics of this, but delivery is tomroorw, Christmas Eve and I very much doubt I'm going to have the time to upload. I'd liek to say that, as of tomorrow, all manner of hot rods, V8's, sport cars, WRX's and turbo cars will be owned by a boxy Black Pig.

Okay, so what if it's AWD, is light, has low gearing, comes with a 2.5 litre boxer turbo motor, manual, blasts 0-100 kph in 5.5 secs, rips 13.9 quarter miles, comes with climate control, six stack CD player, god knows how much storage compartments, ABS and has the off beat low snarl that every ricer is scared of. It even blows away the race car.

It helps that the Black Pig in question is the Subaru Forester XT. I've wanted a WRX for 10 years, now I'm about to take delivery of somethign considerably faster and cheaper.

I'm goign to remember this Christmas for a looooooooong time :D

http://www.sw-fans.net/photopost/data/503/29after1.jpg

Out of the way V8's, your slowing me down :D

And again, if your not in a V8, a Merry Christmas, thank you and Happy New Year!

Ace McCloud
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:37:39 AM
Aye! Sounds great! Merry Christmas!

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:32:06 AM
Merry Christmas to you and Helen, have a great holiday!!!!

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 23rd, 2003, 06:10:43 AM
You two enjoy yourselves :D

Alpha
Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:56:52 AM
You guys have a fun Christmas! :)

James Prent
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:00:30 PM
MERRRY CHRISTMAS!!! :crack

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:05:13 PM
http://www.grimmshadow.net/swf/fett/Santa_trimmed.jpg

(Nuts to originality, I'll just copy myself:))

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:09:41 PM
Oy Vay, Fett.

Now, everybody...what does dear Mr. Claus say when he's refusing to deliver gifts?

"OH OH OH....Baby!" :p :lol :crack

Cheers!

k[SC] - The Almighty Goddess of the Pillow Terrorists

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:38:09 PM
Originally posted by Falcon Gyndar
Now, everybody...what does dear Mr. Claus say when he's refusing to deliver gifts?

"OH OH OH....Baby!" :p :lol :crack

Santa's garden tool shed is almost empty. Know what he has in it?

Ho, Ho, Ho.

ba dum tishhhhh :)

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:40:33 PM
Clowner, Fett.

You crack me up:crack

:p

And somehow after saying that "OH OH OH" thing, my sister started talking about cat tipping...

k[SC]

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:53:30 PM
Originally posted by Jame Kaman
Clowner, Fett.

You crack me up:crack

:p

Hate to run it, but I have more :)

What does Santa tell his elves when he sees his garden's grass is too long?
Mow, mow, mow!

What did Santa get Robin Hood and his Merry Men for Christmas?
Bow, bow, bow!

What height does Santa like the seat on his sleigh to be?
Low, low, low!

If Santa could clone three Teletubbies in any combination, which would he choose?
Po, Po, Po!

Why did Santa take a laxative?
To help things flow, flow flow!

Thank you, I'm here all week! :D

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:55:45 PM
Oh, my hero. *rolls eyes*

They're umm.. cute, but repetitive.

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:04:48 PM
Well ignore 3 randomly, and it'd be fresh and original ;)

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:07:24 PM
I could be fresh and original...Heh heh heh..

Oh, sorry, you were talking about the jokes, right? :p ;)

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:26:48 PM
Ok, enough of that. We need a stict, bad jokes thread to keep all this locked up and away from threads...those jokes were terrible...

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:28:46 PM
Good man, Rog. Knew I could count on you to point that out...

ummm..yeah.

But still..I was enjoying Fett's attempts at jokery. Really!

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:31:03 PM
Ya, ya. Fett is the joker boy. He needs his own talk show or something so he can tell EVERYONE his bad jokes. :p

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:33:55 PM
No. I think Leno and O'brien are QUITE enough.

Besides, I'd rather watch Mike Bullard. Ha ha.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:37:33 PM
To each his (or her) own.

Nyx
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:40:19 PM

Besides, I'd rather watch Mike Bullard. Ha ha.

*STAB!*

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:07:09 PM
WTF?

Stab yourself,. man.

I'm canadian.

And I don't watch Mike anyways. Not a big fan of TV.

Nyx
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:13:02 PM
WTF?

Stab yourself,. man.

I'm canadian.

And I don't watch Mike anyways. Not a big fan of TV.

I'm stabbing Mike, he sucks, at lot, and I am also Canadian.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:17:29 PM
YEah, I know mike sucks. Sorry for WTFing you man. But over Jay and Conan i'd take Mike. Just like I'd take Michael Slade over Stephen King.

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:29:22 PM
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
those jokes were terrible...
I thought the laxative one was quite clever :(

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:31:10 PM
Aww. Poor Fett.. do you need a hug?

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:32:20 PM
Umm, the jokes were really, really bad.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:34:17 PM
Ok, that was about the only, slightly, funny one because of that. But it was still a bad joke.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:35:21 PM
Yeah. I'd tell some funny jokes, but they're far too dirty. Not a scrubbing in the tub could change that.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:38:18 PM
You mean like: 'What did bill do when he got dirty? He took a bath with bubbles. What did bobby do when he got muddy? He took a bath with bubbles. Bubbles was the girl next door,' kind of thing? (I dont full remember the joke)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:50:17 PM
Nasty mens are hurting poor Smeagol's ears with bad jokes! No! Stop it or Smeagol will be forced to sing the Titanic Theme!

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:57:27 PM
Ok, I'm done.

*leaves the thread to its doom.*

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:59:17 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Stop it or Smeagol will be forced to sing the Titanic Theme!
Do you think we could all pool our money together and get Andy Serkis to do that? :)

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:01:39 PM
Now there's an idea...

Smeagol the Jedi
Dec 23rd, 2003, 07:59:43 PM
Eh? Smeagol sings nassssty boat song? It hurrrsstss us it does! Hurttsss our ears, nasty mens who writes them, Gollum, Gollum! Nuuuu, Smeagol rather sing about nice cold wriggling fish! Eat them, eat them we does, cold and scales, in the deeps we gets them yes. Nice bit of raw fish. Eh? Smeagol likes roleplayer too. Throttle em in their sleeps we does. eats them raw. Is Jame edible? Let us have a bitesesss, precioussss. Smeagol hungry, yes hungry bites in the insides it does, preciouss.

Nyx
Dec 23rd, 2003, 08:05:58 PM
Originally posted by Smeagol the Jedi
Eh? Smeagol sings nassssty boat song? It hurrrsstss us it does! Hurttsss our ears, nasty mens who writes them, Gollum, Gollum! Nuuuu, Smeagol rather sing about nice cold wriggling fish! Eat them, eat them we does, cold and scales, in the deeps we gets them yes. Nice bit of raw fish. Eh? Smeagol likes roleplayer too. Throttle em in their sleeps we does. eats them raw. Is Jame edible? Let us have a bitesesss, precioussss. Smeagol hungry, yes hungry bites in the insides it does, preciouss.

Now I AM scared.

*hands Jame a big heavy stick*

G'luck dude.

*runs away*

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 08:12:32 PM
:: Hands Smeagol a frying pan ::

You know what to do little fella.

Alpha
Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:57:04 PM
I have hit new levels of disturbed...:) And that's saying something for me being here so long. :D

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 24th, 2003, 12:44:11 AM
I have taken delivery.

OMG THIS (word cant be typed cause it would trip swear filter and earn a stupid edit) CAR ROCKS SO HARD! Ay ayayayayay...... it's acceleration is outright lethal. It's bloody brilliant, beyond brilliant, it's just plain wild. There's not enough good words to put into print about the Forester XT. It's a raving insane wagon. The looks on peoples faces as they get their doors blown off by it.......

See ya in a week!

Alpha
Dec 24th, 2003, 07:34:34 AM
Oh my god...He's gone stark raving mad...:)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 24th, 2003, 05:10:44 PM
Originally posted by Alpha
Oh my god...He's gone stark raving mad...:)

No. I've always wanted a WRX, now I have a WRX eater - and a wagon of all things.

Now the initial rush is over, I can be a bit more level headed. It is a wonderful car and in black a real attention grabber.

Three things noted that I dont like - one, the new car smell is giving me a headache, all that paint and fabric protector. Only because I havent really aired the car out, so that'll be no issue shortly. Two, opening the bonnet is an exercise in caution, in the sun the metal is searingly hot and under the bonnet is worse. Just got to be careful. Threee, fuel economy right now sucks. But I suspect that's a combination of running in and a right foot wanting to go too fast.

Complaints aside, there isnt a bump or a squeak or a rattle. That's all a bit more than expected - suspension is harder than expected, seats are more comfortable, stereo works better, etc. The snarl the engine gives on a heel toe downchange is worth the price of purchace alone. It's a bit plainer than expected too. Air conditioning is powerful, simple to use.

It was a bit rough and stiff at delivery, but it's beginnign to loosen up now. The character of the car is changing as the k's get put on - not in a bad way, it's getting more plesant and smoother. Front cupholder, the way it comes out is brilliant!

Black certainly makes it noticable. Best so far was the fire brigaid truck pulling up alongside and the firemen giving it a quick look, then staring at disbelief at the scoop. They worked it out real qucik that this was no ordinary wagon. Much staring and thumbsup.

Now for the real rave - even off turbo, there is a great big whack of power just ready to use. It's best summed up like this - 80kph, overtake someone, get to 110 kph in a huge hurry. Think I'm in third, because it was so quick. Realise I was in fifth. Happened a few times, think I was in a lower gear, just because there is so much power. My brother was urging me to make mods. He had a drive and he agreed, no need for now. Subaru must be understating the power - dont need a dyno to know that. It's just the easy way it lopes along that really shows it's got a good deal more power than advertised. I'm not complaining

In the coming months, I'll put this thing on a drag strip and get some real times. Then, as money allows, Intake, exhaust, brakes and suspension.

Wonder what will need to be done to get a 12sec pass? wonder how it'll do around Eastern Creek raceway? Inquiring minds need to know

Bobby Gara
Dec 24th, 2003, 08:05:49 PM
Ok.

I just read that whole thing and the only thing I understood of it was.

"This car totally r0x0rs!" (Maybe a nice jist of it?)

Crystal
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:21:36 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm rather sick, so I won't be able to enjoy to food very well. :cry

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 25th, 2003, 10:48:00 AM
Just pretend all the food you get for the day is more presents, thank the people who brought it to you as such, and add it to the pile of other stuff you've gotten today =^

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 25th, 2003, 04:18:08 PM
Any car that lifts wheels during cornering because of brute hp rules. God knows what this monster is goign to be like when I get the full rev range. It's quick enough with only 4500, not the full 6500. Max power is 5600.