PDA

View Full Version : XP Help

Ace McCloud
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:33:55 AM
On Windows XP, when you bring an image up by itself in its own seperate window, XP automatically makes it smaller. And to return it to its orginal size, you have to hold your mouse over the picture until a little box in the bottom right hand corner comes up, then you click that. It has become very tedious. Anyone know how to stop it from making it smaller?

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:36:15 AM
Yes. Yes I do. Not just XP though, it's the new version of IE.

You have to go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Multimedia, and click off "Enable automatic image resizing"

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:38:24 AM
If it's in Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options then go to the Advanced tab. Scroll down to Multimedia and uncheck "Enable Automatic Image Resizing"

I think that might work.

Ace McCloud
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:40:30 AM
Aye, I think thatll do it. Thanks guys.

(Damn IE :grumble)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:57:18 AM
DO NOT USE IE. DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

I should have to say why, it's been said here again and again. Do yourself a favour, now. Get off IE and never return.

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:02:05 AM
Meh, it functions well enough for my purposes =^

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:29:36 AM
Originally posted by Miryan no Trunks
Meh, it functions well enough for my purposes =^

You like being open to spyware and old hacks? You like being so insecure, it allows spammers to use your PC as a open relay? You like countless popups and script attacks? The answer is no, of course not, but you are if you use IE. The solution is Firebird. Firebird even works with my Internet banking site that enforces IE.

Anti virus and anti spyware packages aint going to stop them and either do firewalls. The latest versions even trick Zonealarm into thinking they are safe to let through (from the inside)

It's not worth trashing your PC anymore. Dont use IE.

Edit : Oh, I think I came across as narky. My apologies. I'm just fed up with IE created stress, it's nothing personal at you

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:01:54 AM
Lol, I took no aggression upon myself from your post, just a good bit of information ^_^

Does Firebird just eliminate popups entirely?

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:08:21 AM
Unless you configure it otherwise, yes.

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:10:52 AM
Oooh. If it weren't for my dad's innate hatred of all change, I'd seriously consider switching over. As it is, if I did, and deleted IE, he'd probably throw the computer in the garbage because there's no point in it if I "deleted the internet"

Figrin D'an
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:39:18 AM
Oooh. If it weren't for my dad's innate hatred of all change, I'd seriously consider switching over. As it is, if I did, and deleted IE, he'd probably throw the computer in the garbage because there's no point in it if I "deleted the internet"

Tell him the Internet might delete everything on his computer if he doesn't start using something more secure.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:54:39 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Tell him the Internet might delete everything on his computer if he doesn't start using something more secure.

!

:lol :lol :lol

I have to remember that line, to use it on some of the less technically aware customers :lol

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2003, 08:10:24 AM
Just remember some have problems viewing flashy stuff on Firebird, so end up using that and IE.

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:19:58 PM
Oooh. If it weren't for my dad's innate hatred of all change, I'd seriously consider switching over. As it is, if I did, and deleted IE, he'd probably throw the computer in the garbage because there's no point in it if I "deleted the internet" You can't delete IE, anyway.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:54:58 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Just remember some have problems viewing flashy stuff on Firebird, so end up using that and IE.

Then ask and help shall answer.

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:11:01 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Just remember some have problems viewing flashy stuff on Firebird, so end up using that and IE. I've found clearing Firebird completely off my harddrive then reinstalling it solves that problem.

Flash works fine in Firebird.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 06:02:54 PM
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

Popup blocking is in the privacy options. :)