PDA

View Full Version : The "dotnet" project is...

TheHolo.Net
Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:05:13 AM
...nearly complete. As a matter of fact its so close that s'Il and I went ahead and announced it to the RPers in OOC. A link is also currently present on the Portal page.

I intend to put some finishing touches on the admin side of the pages (for s'Il and I) over the next couple of days, and after some more content is present on the dotnet pages, make a Portal - News announcement/post regarding the dotnet comic srrip pages.

I wrote a lot of custom php and mysql stuff (almost every line of it for the dotnet pages) to make this happen and make it easy to administer/update, and am feeling quite proud.

Check it out at

http://dotnet.sw-fans.net

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:03:14 PM
It looks amazing. I love it. Kudos to s'Il and you. :D

ReaperFett
Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:24:25 PM
They're great :D

TheHolo.Net
Dec 22nd, 2003, 10:57:02 PM
Thanks. :)

Ahhh, the coding is nearly complete. Editing/Deleting of news, funstuff, and s'Il's desk articles is now possible for s'Il or myself. Smilies and bbcode also work now.

All thats left for me to work on are: An edit system for already uploaded comic strips and a better page navigation system for going to previous strips from the main index page.

I may also tweak the archive strip view process so they don't pop up in new windows.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2003, 03:37:54 PM
this .. is awesome.. wow!

TheHolo.Net
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:55:40 PM
:D

More notes to self:

The page navigation for past strips via the previous arrow and next arrow is now complete, as is the archive strip view process. A vbPortal side module has also been added to the Portal and Gallery for dotnet "latest comic" title update with links.

Now I need to make a system for specifying the number of news, funstuff, or desk articles per page, and apply that system to the archive strip listing as well.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:27:45 PM
Wow!

I think I am all done with the major coding tweaks. I got an article per page system finished and will add the same type of system to the archive listing page soon (no need right now since there are so few comics in the archive listing).

It sure feels good to have the hard stuff done. Tweaking esthetics may occur gradually. Any and all ideas are welcome.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 28th, 2003, 09:48:18 PM
hmmm, just had a thought about dotnet that I posted in the OOC dotnet thread.

An individual comic comment system could be cool...maybe.

ReaperFett
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:59:41 PM
Would it be like the galelry area, or just a normal website comment system?

Sounds good either way.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2003, 11:36:54 AM
Try it out and find out for yourself Fett. ;) It works great, good job Ogre :)

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2003, 11:45:43 AM
Don't mock me smartypants :)

It's good :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:51:39 PM
*mocks you*

:p

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:13:24 PM
:cry

TheHolo.Net
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:19:26 PM
Thanks, and yes the dotnet comment system appears to work quite well and is also very easy. There is just one small trick:

You have to be logged into the http://sw-fans.net domain to be able to see the add comment box. If you aren't logged in you will see a message about having to be registered (with a link to register) where the add coment box would normally be.

I had to hard code the domain name because the dotnet pages can be reached via a subdomain (http://dotnet.sw-fans.net)and the vB cookies won't work on the subdomain and neither will relative links back to the base URL.