PDA

View Full Version : New member...OOC

KarlinDarkflame
Dec 19th, 2003, 06:52:00 PM
Hi everyone.
I'm new and I would love to join in on the role play as soon as possible...probably as soon as I get my characters bio up.
I'm willing to role play any needed characters for people (sisters, daughters, etc)...dark siders are iffy because I'm not that good at RPing them, and aliens are iffy as well because I've never role played them. For this character, I will need three characters role played...they're all dark siders, and are Karlin's brother, sister (who are twins), and father. More info will be given about them in the bio. Since the character is fairly new, I will try to give as much info as I can...she doesn't really have a specific time period, but I prefer after Return of the Jedi.
Please visit my fan fiction site. It isn't much, but its something. I'm hoping to start a role play there at some point, and PLEASE send in any fan fics or original medieval/fantasy stories you may have (more info on the page).
Hi everyone.
I'm new and I would love to join in on the role play as soon as possible...probably as soon as I get my characters bio up.
I'm willing to role play any needed characters for people (sisters, daughters, etc)...dark siders are iffy because I'm not that good at RPing them, and aliens are iffy as well because I've never role played them. For this character, I will need three characters role played...they're all dark siders, and are Karlin's brother, sister (who are twins), and father. More info will be given about them in the bio. Since the character is fairly new, I will try to give as much info as I can...she doesn't really have a specific time period, but I prefer after Return of the Jedi.
Please visit my fan fiction site. It isn't much, but its something. I'm hoping to start a role play there at some point, and PLEASE send in any fan fics or original medieval/fantasy stories you may have (more info on the page). Ooops...my bad, I thought this was an OOC thread... http://jedidanielleskywalker.cjb.net
:lol:D

Morgan Evanar
Dec 19th, 2003, 07:12:20 PM
Your post is very confusing. A lot of information is repeated :huh

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 20th, 2003, 10:31:51 AM
Hi. I removed your thread from the recruitment center (being that it was OOC, and that's an IC forum, and of course that you had already posted it here!)

I'm willing to role play any needed characters for people (sisters, daughters, etc)...dark siders are iffy because I'm not that good at RPing them, and aliens are iffy as well because I've never role played them.

Normally, people won't ask you to play a character for them, unless you already know someone here. You just turn up with a character idea, pick a group you like the look of (and that would suit your character) and join. You can stay independent (without a group), too, but most people seem to like being a part of a group - it gives you more chances to interact with others without having to plan storylines.

Since the character is fairly new, I will try to give as much info as I can...she doesn't really have a specific time period, but I prefer after Return of the Jedi.

I know we are definetly after RotJ. Quite some time. I'm not sure how far exactly, but I'm fairly certain that anyone from the canon series would be dead - e.g. Luke, Leia, Yoda, etc. The majority of questions you may have should be answered by the boardwide FAQ (http://sw-fans.net/forum/misc.php?s=&action=faq) or if you want to know specifically about the Greater Jedi Order, check out their FAQ (http://thegjo.com/faq.htm).

Ooops...my bad, I thought this was an OOC thread...

Yes. This forum, and Arcan IV, are both for OOC discussion.

KarlinDarkflame
Dec 20th, 2003, 07:56:23 PM
Wow. See, I'm not used to it being like that, probably because I role play in yahoo chat, and you just kinda...do whatever in it, and if you need someone to RP a character, you can ask...I mean, I COULD NPC her father, brother, and sister...but it wouldn't be as fun. And I wouldn't be good at RPing dark characters. Even if someone volunteered to NPC the characters, as long as they didn't screw it up entirely, it'd be fine...

KarlinDarkflame
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:02:47 PM
Er, I wasn't done posting. Stupid thing.

Normally, people won't ask you to play a character for them, unless you already know someone here. You just turn up with a character idea, pick a group you like the look of (and that would suit your character) and join. You can stay independent (without a group), too, but most people seem to like being a part of a group - it gives you more chances to interact with others without having to plan storylines.

My characters storyline is somewhat planned, so the only real planning I would do would be with whoever would play the characters I need RP'd...if one person were to NPC the brother and father and I NPC'd the sister, that'd be fine...the only thing I'd want to plan is for at some point to have Karlin be captured and taken to her brother, sister, and father...
Also, how do I get a Jedi Master for this character? Do I just start off by having her enter the Academy and just wait for someone to come to her?
I think the thing that confused me about the forums was there not being a "Recruitment Center-IC" name instead of just Recruitment Center...anyone could make the mistake I did. :\ Please let me know a.s.a.p. I'm really excited to start role playing this character.
Oh, btw, the waaaaaaaay after Return of the Jedi thing is fine since she doesn't have a specific part after Return of the Jedi to be in.

http://jedidanielleskywalker.cjb.net <----My web page for fan fics and possible message board RP.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 21st, 2003, 04:38:32 AM
Wow. See, I'm not used to it being like that, probably because I role play in yahoo chat, and you just kinda...do whatever in it, and if you need someone to RP a character, you can ask...I mean, I COULD NPC her father, brother, and sister...but it wouldn't be as fun. And I wouldn't be good at RPing dark characters. Even if someone volunteered to NPC the characters, as long as they didn't screw it up entirely, it'd be fine...

You could put an Ad in the Out Of Character forum, or here in the Roleplay Helpdesk, asking for someone to help you out, I guess :)

Also, how do I get a Jedi Master for this character? Do I just start off by having her enter the Academy and just wait for someone to come to her?

You post an In Character thread in the Recruitment Center. Check out some of the others already in there to see what type of thing to do - it's best if you lurk about for a couple of days to see how things work, so you understand :)

KarlinDarkflame
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:18:38 PM
You could put an Ad in the Out Of Character forum, or here in the Roleplay Helpdesk, asking for someone to help you out, I guess

Okay, thanks for the help!