PDA

View Full Version : Where am I? [open]

Benedict
Dec 19th, 2003, 03:40:46 PM
The cold months were drawing in with an icy blanket on Coruscant. People hurried into the inviting doorway, and scents, of the bar and grill to escape the cold. While it rained, they sat and enjoyed themselves, discussing the day's events over drinks and a bite to eat. Outside in the cold, a whole other crowd of people gathered together. In alleyways, by dumpsters, in the shadows, the poor and unfortunate souls huddled around oil-bin fires and muttered bitter nothings to the sky as they warmed their wooly hands. There was however another faction, if you will, even further into the dark than the vagrants and beggars.

There in the shadows, he stood trembling, chilled to the bone yet more anxious of his current position than the state of the weather. He did not fit with those stood before him, this much he could see. He watched them silently as they warmed their meager meals over the smoky flames, and teetered his way past with only a quiet chitterchitter to betray his presence. His eyes lingered on them as he wobbled backwards and was halted by a dust bin, quickly whirling his way around to make sure he handed bumped into anyone. Wide-eyed, he looked accusingly at the receptacle while moving in the same manner as before back away from it, and unknowingly out towards the road. Unfortunately, the weather being what it was, a driver up ahead was unable to see him – until the last moment.

The bonnet of the car hit his body and sent him flying like a rag doll, tumbling across the road and pavement. He tumbled and rolled into an awkward semi-foetal ball. Callously, the man drove on without a second thought, leaving the motionless body to whatever fate the Gods would have for it. There he lay frozen, somehow aware of the pain but not yet feeling it. He chitterchittered and lifted his 'hands', his 'fingers' shielding his eyes from the rain. Through the hair matted against his brow, cheeks and face, he saw the glimmering blades and thought on how no matter how long he held them above a fire he would never feel their warmth.

This was his last thought, before he passed out.

Kack Mebuff
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:10:35 AM
Kack had been wandering about outside of Yog's. He loved the holiday season and watched as beings of all race passed by, many doing their holiday shopping, carrying heavy bags of gifts for their loved ones.

Suddenly, as Kack walked down the sidewalk he sensed a man get hit by a car. The man's body was thrown through the air and smashed to the ground like a fallen toy.

He rushed to the man's side, he was unconscious and hurt pretty badly. Kack had some mild healing powers, but nothing that could help this man.

"Help!," the Jedi cried out, "I need a Healer or a doctor!"

Kack did not want to move the man for fear of causing more damage.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:29:29 AM
Hayden had just left a shop with a bag in hand as he noticed a group of people beginning to gather around something in the street. He walked closer and hear someone call. "Help! I need a healer or a doctor!"

Hayden rushed over, "let me through, I'm a doctor!!"

As the people finally began to let him through, he caught sight of the man lying on the ground. He knelt down by him, it was obvious the man had been hit by a speeder.

Hayden checked for a pulse, good, it was there. But, there was not doubt he was hurt bad.

The young doctor got on his comm and punched a couple of buttons. "This is Dr. Hayden Radnor. I need an ambulance at the corner of Fifth and Broadway, we have a hit and run. Humanoid man, age around mid twenties."

"Be there shortly, Dr. Radnor." the answer came.

Hayden did a further investigation and felt a break in the left femur, meaning he could have a pelvis fracture as well and vast internal injuries. It was hard to tell and Hayden didn't have his handheld scanner on him.

"Where's the speeder that did this?" He asked Kack.

Benedict
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:34:06 AM
His eyes snapped open and panic swept over him. The long blades that he called his hands chittered loudly as he tried to move, but found that his body would not allow him to do so. The impact had shocked his system, leaving him belly up and without any feeling. He could still see, however, and looked to the two men above him with wide, helpless eyes – rain streaming down his face in the absence of tears.

Galien Moss
Dec 21st, 2003, 02:00:47 PM
"'Ere now, whut's all this?"

Galien Moss pushed her small frame through the crowd, a short cacophony of sound. The gaudy ammount of cultural necklaces around the short woman's frame was spledidly incredible; how she could remain upright with all that weight around her neck was baffling. Galien seemed to be the only one oblivious to it, as she reached behind her head with nimble fingers--which, with each finger carrying a number of rings, were a wonder in themselves--and tightened the slightly dirty, slightly torn piece of cream cotton that she used as a form of bandana to keep her cinnamon locks away from her face. The dark-skinned woman was sans her tricorn hat this evening, but the rest of her garb--black trousers, a loose white blouse with a low neckline, circled about the waist tightly with a blue sash and a untility belt, and a pair of scuffed boots--were there the same as usual. The only difference tonight was that she had thrown on a long canvas coat because of the chill.

Her deep brown eyes scrunched up curiously as she moved over to the figure lying on the ground and leaned over him. The woman's eyebrows rose and she tilted her head to the side. Galien had seen her fair share of interesting folk, but never had the woman come across a bloke like this. One could tell that the wheels in her head were slowly cranking, but by the puzzled look on her face it was obvious that nothing was clicking.

"Well, well... 'e's a sharp looking one, eh?"

Galien put one hand on her hip and leaned closer, holding one hand out closer to the fallen form. She held up four fingers, waving them about.

"A'righ' mate, 'ow many fingers am I 'oldin' up? An' don' say 'free', coz tha' ain't it."

When the man didn't answer Galien clapped the doctor on the shoulder in a chummy way, as if she'd known him all her life.

"'E's a quiet fellow, eh? Ye suppose 'e can talk?"

Without waiting for the doctor to answer Galien crouched down low by the mans ear and lifted a clump of his hair out of the way with her thumb and middle finger. She lowered her head slightly more and grinned wickedly, eyes sparkling.

"Can...ye...speak...lad?"

Kack Mebuff
Dec 21st, 2003, 11:50:25 PM
Kack looked over at the doctor, "The speeder took off. Left him for dead, I suppose."

As the woman looked at she made a couple comments much to Kack's annoyance.

"He's in shock, he can't move or speak," he informed her.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:03:27 PM
Hayden about fell over as the woman clapped him on the shoulder. "Miss, if you would please stand back. He needs some air."

He looked at the man. "Sir, you're going to be okay, help is on it's way. I'm a doctor and I'm going to look over you for a while."

Hayden could faintly hear the sirens approaching. Watch officers arrived on the scene and began directing traffic and working on crowd control.

Galien Moss
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:08:03 AM
Galien rolled her eyes and waved her hands in grand sweeping motions at the two men. She didn't appreciate being accosted from two angles, and she'd never been one to hold her tongue.

"Oh, 'e's in shock is 'e?! 'E can't talk can 'e?! Needs air does 'e? Well did ye ever think t' ask 'im if 'e needs all this 'ubbub, 'r did ye jest assume?"

Galien looked down at the injured man with a critical eye.

"'E looks like a strong bloke t' me. I've seen much worse inj'ries 'n' the folk come out o' it un'armed wifou' all this." The short woman motioned vaguely in the general direction of the sirens.

"I didn't go t' medical school 'r what 'ave ye, but I'm no dead 'ead. 'E migh' be alrigh'."

She glared at the Jedi and the doctor.

"Ain' no need t' be gettin' 'igh 'n' migh'y!"

Benedict
Dec 24th, 2003, 09:06:32 AM
Benedict stared wide eyed from one person to another. He looked quite shocked when the female spoke directly to him, then seemed relieved that for a time the attention was drawn away from him. He was very much pleased that they didn't think him odd - anyone else lying eyes on a man who instead of having hands had scissoring blades would probably have run away in fright, yet this trio were trying to help him, it seemed.

"I… I'm sorry," he croaked, "I didn't mean to do it."

By it, he meant getting knocked over. Some how, his logic told him that he was in the wrong for probably putting a dent or scratch on the car of the man who had run him down.

Galien Moss
Dec 24th, 2003, 12:17:54 PM
"Ah ha ha!"

Galien looked gleefully down at the strange man and then did a little jig, pointing first at the doctor and then the Jedi. Jingling and jangling the woman laughed again as if she had accomplished some great feat.

"I tol' ye! 'E's jest go' a case o' th'Jonesies."

Once again Galien stooped over the fallen form, her capped teeth glinting in the streetlight. She glanced down at his "hands", and her smile seemed to grow.

"Now lad, can ye walk by yer onesies, 'r do ye need t' go t' th''ospital?"

Kack Mebuff
Dec 28th, 2003, 06:12:10 PM
"I think it would be best if Dr. Radnor here, took our friend to the hospital. If only for the sake of a check-up and some x-rays."

Kack looked down at Benedict, as much as he could, being blind and all, and smiled.

"Do not apologize, my friend. You were not at fault. Just relax, help is on the way."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:01:32 AM
"Miss, he has a broken leg, I really don't think he can walk. He needs to have it set at least and have a scan." Hayden explained and then wondered why he was explaining this to her, when he could barely understand her.

He looked up at Kack. "He's been bouced around an awful lot, may even have a concussion. I won't know until I get ahold of a scanner."

Kack Mebuff
Dec 31st, 2003, 07:09:14 PM
Kack nodded sternly.

"Do you think he will be alright? I do not have strong enough healing abilities to help him, I'm afraid."

Kack put his robe underneath Benedict's head, sliding it underneath slowly and gently.