PDA

View Full Version : Sorry bout that. I up & went to Disney World and didn't tell anyone.

Charley
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:18:00 PM
Title pretty much says it all.

I've been at Disney World from the 13th till today, and I neglected to tell many people. S'Il, LV, and Morg knew, but I guess I forgot to tell anyone else.

So here I am, if you need anything.

ReaperFett
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:18:50 PM
I want a cookie :)

Charley
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:20:45 PM
I had some, but I ate them. Sorry.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:23:14 PM
I want a hug :cry

ReaperFett
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:26:37 PM
I want a cookie :cry

Crystal
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:40:14 PM
I wanted to go with you :cry

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:44:07 PM
Wondered where you'd gone off too, thought you were sick possibly. Hope you had a great time!!! :D

Charley
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:44:09 PM
:hug

Oh, and to those who want to ask for money, don't bother:

-$155 - 3 day pass to Disney World (MGM Studios, Magic Kingdom, Epcot)

-$55 - 1 day pass to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure

-$29 - All-you-can-eat buffet at Ohanas Polynesian Restaurant

-$9 - "Backscratcher" mixed drink at Ohanas (with complimentary wooden back scratcher inside)

-$20 - All-you-can-eat buffet at Han-Tsu Dragon Restaurant

-$30 - All-you-can-eat buffet at the Safari Hotel African Restaurant

-$30 - Bottle of "Goats May Roam" African Merlot at the Safari Hotel

-$25 - All-you-can-eat Oktoberfest buffet at the Epcot Deutschland Biergarten

-$10 - 1.5 liter stein full of Becks Schwartzbier at the Deutschland Biergarten

-$15 - A turkey leg at $5 each, for lunch for 3 days.

-$5 - Croissant de Fromage e' Jambon (sp?) - (Ham & Cheese Croissant @ Epcot France)

-$8 - Cervesa Dos Equis Lager, at Epcot Mexico.

-$5 - Tsing Tao Chinese Lager at Epcot China.

-$9 - Roergart (sp) Norwegian Lager at Epcot Norway.

-$6 - Kirin Lager at Epcot Japan.

-$6 - Casablanca Moroccan Beer at Epcot Morocco.

-$22 - Boba Fett T-shirt

-$5 - Deutchland Shot glass

-$10 - Suprise for a friend

-$15 - Eiffel Tower paperweight for my sister.

-$15 - Meat Lovers Pizza at Pizza Hut, after Mass, first day.

-$5 - Chicken McNuggets at McDonalds after landing, first day.

+$1 - For taking my part in some girl's bachelorette party

= -$487.00

So yeah, I'm broke now.

Crystal
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:52:13 PM
I'm serious, if someone doesn't take me to disney world by may of next year, I'm going to.. do something bad!! There should be no 18 year old who lives in the US who hasn't been to disney land or world:cry

Darth Viscera
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:24:34 PM
Originally posted by Crystal
I'm serious, if someone doesn't take me to disney world by may of next year, I'm going to.. do something bad!! There should be no 18 year old who lives in the US who hasn't been to disney land or world:cry

I didn't go to Disneyland until 6 weeks ago, and I'm 20 years, 357 days and 20 hours old.

Ace McCloud
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:04:03 PM
Wish i could up and go to disney world. :grumble

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:53:40 PM
+$1 - For taking my part in some girl's bachelorette party

Way to go, you! :D

Glad you had fun...were you with the family, or ? I noticed no hotel bill on there. :)

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:59:26 PM
I was with my friend Mat and his family. They paid for my air fare and my hotel :)

Hunk
Dec 18th, 2003, 09:40:08 PM
Can I have a t-shirt?

Sanis Prent
Dec 18th, 2003, 09:43:41 PM
No. I love my new Boba Fett T-Shirt. It rocks.

James Prent
Dec 18th, 2003, 09:58:45 PM
I'm going to Disneyland in January. :D

Abagael Zellan
Dec 18th, 2003, 11:50:59 PM
Lucky boy :)

The closest my hippie parents ever got to taking us kids to Disney World was spending a weekend at Uncle Herbie's house. His living room had a Dumbo motif.

Hope you had fun! :D

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 19th, 2003, 04:54:38 AM
I want Australia to have a Disneyland :(

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 19th, 2003, 08:05:33 AM
I love the Star Tours attraction at DW!! Hubby and my girls were rolling their eyes as I tried talking them into going through it a second time :\

I SO want to steal the Darth Vader suit thats there!!!! >D

Charley
Dec 19th, 2003, 08:22:04 AM
Somebody before us on Star Tours threw up. The cabin was awash in poorly-chewed turkey. It was kinda funny, the staff was like "Uh, ok, lets go to another tram". Since very few people were there, there were almost no lines, and switching trams was a snap.

Also, NEVER EVER fake an accent for a week-long vacation. It gets stuck. I am now unable to speak in anything except this bizarre half-british bastardization. All my neutral tones and inflections have turned limey on me, and I can't fix it :(

Hunk
Dec 19th, 2003, 11:14:44 AM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Also, NEVER EVER fake an accent for a week-long vacation. It gets stuck.

Ok, I'm intrigued. Care to explain this one?

Charley
Dec 19th, 2003, 11:26:27 AM
Me and my friend Mat have a rule. It states that when outside state lines, it is perfectly acceptible to fake an accent in order to meet women.

He was Scottish, and I did southern English (quasi-cockney). Whenever we were out in public, we put our accents on, and carried it on the entire day. It became second nature to talk in accent. Now that I'm back home, I'm trying very hard to speak with my normal voice (which is a neutral voice with almost no accent or inflection). Instead, I've got this bizarre muted British accent, and it won't go away.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 19th, 2003, 11:53:57 AM
(which is a neutral voice with almost no accent or inflection). Bzzt. Wrong. You have a light southern twang.

Kelt Simoson
Dec 19th, 2003, 12:30:46 PM
People who fake a southen london-cockney accent from the states failes to the point of hell. You can always pick a american on TV trying to put on a stupid fake british accent on TV to play a english person...its crap poor, you shouldent try it :p

Charley
Dec 19th, 2003, 12:34:12 PM
Except I actually know what I'm talking about, you nonce.

Aranel Oronrį
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:04:35 PM
hmm:rolleyes :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:12:22 PM
Everytime I go to London, I end up with a cockney accent for a week, too. I don't even try to do one - I just end up picking it up by accident.

Charley
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:14:15 PM
Managed to convince a few of the natives. Manchester, Sussex, York, to name a few.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:17:28 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Everytime I go to London, I end up with a cockney accent for a week, too. I don't even try to do one - I just end up picking it up by accident.

I have a natural London accent anyway. My ex used to call me "posh". >.<

James Prent
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:22:42 PM
Originally posted by Daiquiri Van-Derveld
I love the Star Tours attraction at DW!! Hubby and my girls were rolling their eyes as I tried talking them into going through it a second time :\

I SO want to steal the Darth Vader suit thats there!!!! >D
One of our vacations at Disneyland, my mom, little brother and I went on Star Tours five times in one day. No joke. :D

imported_Arriana Rezner
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:25:31 PM
Originally posted by Jarek Tchort
I have a natural London accent anyway. My ex used to call me "posh". >.<

I get called posh too. My accent is really odd now though - it's sort of drifting about, being that I'm not around 'upper class' people anymore, since I've left private school.

Originally posted by James Prent
One of our vacations at Disneyland, my mom, little brother and I went on Star Tours five times in one day. No joke. :D

Is that the ride where you accidentally get caught up in the Deathstar attack?

ReaperFett
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:42:53 PM
Yes :D

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:43:42 PM
I loved that! It was so weird, in Paris, because C3PO said everything (in the queue) in about 6 different languages. I missed half of it, because it was on the French version. Great ride, tho :D

AmazonBabe
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:45:41 PM
I WANT MY PRESENT!!! :p

Ya know... there's a GOOD possibility I may go to DisneyWorld for my honeymoon instead of New Zealand (as much as it pains me to not be traveling to Middle Earth :x). The prob is those dang travel agents aren't getting the info to us quickly enough, so we're like "hey, you don't want our business, fine. screw you." Besides, we're thinking of saving NZ for if/when PJ starts work on The Hobbit (maybe get thrown in as extras *wiggles eyebrows* :D)

There's so many things to see at D-world now, though. There are like 5 parks or something, right? 6? Can't rightly remember...

Tear
Dec 19th, 2003, 03:53:43 PM
Make hard R's to get rid of the english accent. Think of it like this..the english accdent is sort of like soldiers standing straight up where its very punctual after each word. Southern accents tend to lean in on every other word. Itd be easier to just say it..stupid internet medium. Anyway..form hard R's to get back into yankee english :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2003, 04:18:12 PM
They're not making the Hobbit...are they?? :D

ReaperFett
Dec 19th, 2003, 04:19:19 PM
Nothing official. McKellan has said he'd do it, but Jackson might want to move on.

EDIT - McKellan was on TV just, reminded me off the problem. The rights for the Hobbit are NOT with the rights for the LOTR trilogy. He thinks it will happen once the two companies come to an agreement and if Jackson signs for it.

AmazonBabe
Dec 19th, 2003, 06:00:20 PM
Yeah, right now it's rumors and whether they can get rights for it.

But as far as McKellan (Gandalf), he's said he'd happily reprise the role and help to give ol Bilbo a "nudge out the door".

I soooooo hope they make it. :)

ReaperFett
Dec 19th, 2003, 06:02:57 PM
I don't know what it's about (BEYOND a Hobbit ;). And I know vaguely), so I'm not hyped just yet :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2003, 06:26:18 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Yeah, right now it's rumors and whether they can get rights for it.

But as far as McKellan (Gandalf), he's said he'd happily reprise the role and help to give ol Bilbo a "nudge out the door".

I soooooo hope they make it. :) Me too me too!!!

Darth Viscera
Dec 19th, 2003, 06:52:02 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
a neutral voice with almost no accent or inflection

I've got one of those :D Isn't it weird how the only country in the world that produces some people who don't have accents is the United States?