PDA

View Full Version : Long Time, No See [Lillian Snow]

Salemn Lysce
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:10:02 PM
It had been much too long since she had seen Lillian and finally, after scrounging up the courage to get out of her quarters, decided it was time to pay a visit. She had heard no word of the girl and dearly hoped that she had coped with the traumatizing ordeal far better than Salemn.

Now, where was her room ... ah yes, I believe this is it.

Standing infront of a door she knocked rather timidly on it. Hopefully Lillian would still be there and not hold any grudges. She had often thought about her padawan during her quarantine - or was it now ex-padawan ?

Lillian Snow
Dec 17th, 2003, 08:36:58 PM
Lillian opens the door slowly, but she is not the first person Salemn sees. Rather, her son Titian peeks around the corner first, shielding his mother from whatever wrath the person on the other side of the door may incur. Titian blows a spit bubble at Salemn as Lillian finally looks to see her visitor and finds himself clinging onto his mother's shirt as she nearly fumbles the boy in surprise.

"Salemn!"

There's no formal "Master" attached; it has slowly dwindled away in Lillian's nightmares as she relived the moments of torture with her. The Padawan eases open the door, clinging to Titian to keep him from falling.

"You're okay! I was so worried about you, they said you'd been hurt more even than I had! Are you well? Did they...do things to you? Like they did to me?"

She swallows hard, with tears welling up in her eyes. Salemn as she appears now looks as weak and fragile as herself, and it hurts Lillian to see her this way. Salemn was her first great protector, after all, preceeding even the droids that have watched over her, and the baby she now holds as a shield when she ventures out into the open.

"Salemn..."

Salemn Lysce
Dec 18th, 2003, 10:00:42 AM
"Lillian ...."

A great sense of relief washed over the Jedi as she reached out and cupped the young lady's face gently. Her eyes were so full of life and compassion, still as beautiful as she remembered.

"I'm fine now, Lillian. Time heals everything. I just don't think I can express how happy I am to see you."

Withdrawing her hand, it seemed to be only then she noticed the boy. A smile tugged on her pale lips as she noticed he shared the woman's eyes. Was it possible that Lillian was a mother now ? Ah, she had most definitely kept away from the Order much too long.

"And who's this ?"

Lillian Snow
Dec 19th, 2003, 10:36:54 PM
"Ti-Titian..." she stutters, placing the boy in his crib. "He's...he's my son."

The boy wriggles as he tries to keep Salemn in his sight, and he makes a short squeal of protest as Lillian places him in the crib. The girl changes his position and the crying stops; Salemn is now in plain view.

"He never sleeps, he screams every time I try to go out, and he attracts so many people it's hard to avoid the men..." Lillian complains.

Salemn Lysce
Dec 22nd, 2003, 10:57:32 AM
"But you must not overlook one thing - he's yours. You've created a new life which is innocent and loving."

As the child would grow, the dark circles under Lillian's eyes would disappear and soon she would realize just how precious he really was.

"Who is the father ?"

Lillian Snow
Dec 25th, 2003, 10:57:44 PM
Lillian's hands clench into fists, and after a few moments of silently trying to make her voice work, she identifies the father in a quiet, rasping voice full of hate, anger, sorrow, and fear.

"The madman who tortured us...it's his child!"

Salemn Lysce
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:18:18 PM
Salemn's knees buckled and nearly gave out as she stared in horror at the child. Lillian was raped ? Anger flooded the Knight as she inhaled deeply, replaced by a new calmness.

"Lillian ... I am so sorry. I should've been there to protect you, but ..."

She quickly steadied herself and lowered her gaze to the ground. She thought nothing of this sort had happened to Lillian.

Lillian Snow
Jan 1st, 2004, 10:58:27 PM
Lillian sits down on the edge of her bed, pressing her hands hard into her lap as she tries not to cry. She's cried too much lately.

"You...you can't always protect me," Lillian says, trying unsuccessfully to keep her voice from cracking. "No one can. I...I should have tried to defend myself. I should have done that all along..."

She swallows hard and tries to look into Salemn's eyes.

"If I had...maybe I could have protected you, too...maybe a little..."

Salemn Lysce
Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:00:00 PM
"No," Shaking her head, she continued, "there was nothing we both could've done. And I'm sorry for that."

Pausing for a minute, her brows knitted together in thought.

"... Do you wish to continue your training ?"

Lillian Snow
Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:53:34 PM
Lillian just nods, trying to make her voice work. When she does speak, her eyes turn to Titian.

"If...if he will let me," she answers. Titian makes a happy squeal; he's found his teething ring. Lillian buries her face in her hands. "He's more of a burden than a blessing!" she hisses. "I wish I wouldn't have to keep him, but I have to, Salemn, I have to! If I don't I'm no better than him..."

Salemn Lysce
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:25:34 AM
"Do what you feel is right, Lillian, I cannot help you there."

Placing a hand on Lillian's shoulder, she stared deep in the Padawan's eyes. It was such a tragedy to see one so young punished with a child that would remind them of the one thing they wished to forget. But maybe in time Lillian would learn to love the child.

Lillian Snow
Jan 5th, 2004, 05:50:56 PM
"I know..." she confesses silently. "I can't have any help. I need to learn to do these things on my own...I can't rely on others forever."

Salemn Lysce
Jan 9th, 2004, 01:58:29 PM
She gave a curt nod and withdrew her hand. Already the atmosphere had become solemn, something she had not intended.

"Well, let us look onto brighter things for the moment," she prompted, hoping to draw Lillian away from her sad demeanor.

Lillian Snow
Jan 9th, 2004, 06:35:55 PM
"Mm-hmm," Lillian nods, looking up into Salemn's eyes. "It's good to have you back. We can go back to how things were. Everything will be okay..." The girl smiles at her mentor. "Will we continue where my training left?"

Salemn Lysce
Feb 1st, 2004, 09:07:40 AM
"Yes, but perhaps you'd like to refresh my memory on everything we've went over. I know I taught you basic Force moves and gave you some lightsaber training. Anything else?"

Lillian Snow
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:48:26 AM
"We, um...we did telekinesis, healing, saber fighting...which I wasn't very good at, by the way...I don't think we tried anything else. I liked Force Healing though...I was good at that."

Salemn Lysce
Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:35:35 PM
"Ah."

She had known all along that the Lillian wasn't cut for fighting or diplomacy, but instead would be a wonderful Jedi Healer. However, she wasn't quite sure if the Padawan knew what her path was yet.

"Excellent. Well, for your next training session we will concentrate solely on the Force and healing."

It would be nice to teach someone her knowledge of herbs, also. From the ever-growing enemies of the Jedi it was necessary to have Healers who knew about various plants and techniques.

Lillian Snow
Feb 4th, 2004, 01:01:12 PM
"I would like that. When will we begin? I can start at most anytime...my only obligations are to Titian, and I can take him with me to the Academy. I can finally make use of that baby basket I was bought..."

Salemn Lysce
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:24:42 PM
She frowned.

"I'd like to start your training as soon as possible. However, I'm not quite sure the Academy is a suitable atmosphere for one so young as he. Besides, Titian might be disturb or interrupt our training. Is there anybody you can leave him with?"

Lillian Snow
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:36:24 PM
"Um..."

She frowns, trying to think of someone she could leave him with.

"Well, I stayed with Miss Relvinian for a while, but she's so busy I doubt if she would have the time...Miss Te Wu Wei could do it, but I don't know when she would be around...I..."

She shudders to think of it, but hardens her resolve. She can't keep cowering. Everyone has made it plain to her; she only has to begin taking their advice, heeding their words and working to become braver.

"Kn-night Wei Wu Wei may be of help."

Salemn Lysce
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:36:15 PM
She canted her head, noting Lillian's uncertainty.

"Be strong, padawan. Fear is the path to the Darkside."

Folding her hands behind her back Salemn continued to gaze at the fellow Jedi, thinking. Perhaps she was afraid because Wei Wu Wei was a man? No matter, she could already tell that Lillian was working to overcome the mental boundary.

"He is a respected Knight of the Order and also a Council Member, if I remember correctly. I'm quite sure Titian will be safe with him."

Lillian Snow
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:44:19 PM
"Yes...that's what his mother told me. In fact, that's what quite a few people have told me..."

Lillian stands and walks to the crib, gently lifting her baby boy out of it. His eyes are closed, and his breathing is deep and regular. Lillian smiles to herself.

"Sleepy baby..." she whispers. "Let's go see if Mr. Wei will take care of you."

Salemn Lysce
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:37:46 AM
"Well, I guess I'll be going then, Lillian."

She gave the padawan a curt nod and turned around, heading for the door. After she opened it, she paused, looking over her shoulder.

"Your training will commence tomorrow at eight. "

Lillian Snow
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:14:03 PM
Lillian nods, bowing to her master's retreating back. When she straightens, and the door is shut, she has a look of terror on her face. She has to visit Wei Wu Wei...