PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the crowd....Im on a hunt, Im after you...(Dorian Gray)

Izabell
Dec 16th, 2003, 05:25:07 PM
Slim hands worked the controls of the Crimson Star. Fawn colored eyes scanned the starmap on the mini screen to her right. She was trying to gain on him, but he had a headstart, a big headstart. She smiled as it was like her usual tracking of "renegades". Only this mission wasnt about extermination, it was to bring back a needed part of the group, and a dear friend. She only hoped he would agree.....and secretly hoped he ould make it difficult so she could carry him off kicking and screaming.

She stiffled a laugh and clicked the coordinates she needed to head off in. She was getting close and he didnt know it. She swivled in her chair and faced the console to the left, inputting the jump coordinates, her Feizon fighter began to repeat the information back on a smaller screen....codes and numbers flashing. She swivled back and engaged her engines.....

In a matter of seconds, a claxon sounded and a few lights came on....the stars outside swirled into the caleidescope effect of hyperspace, and her heavy fighter disappeared in a flash.

Dorian Gray
Dec 17th, 2003, 12:56:37 PM
Dorian kicked back in the booth at the local tavern, 'the Darkness'...a name that he could not help but associate with his family, the Bloodpack. He was drawn to it when he landed not to far away to fix the cloaking device on his ship. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes for a moment. He lost track of time and distance when he left the planet of Khar Sian and his family of vampyres. Being the only mortal of the Pack, he felt a sudden loneliness when the 'life mate' of the one woman he had truly loved came back from his supposed death to reclaim her. Sure, Redeemer was a vampyre and Dorian was mortal...but that did not stop him from falling deeply in love with her.

Dorian finished his fourth whiskey of the hour and motioned for the barmaid for another one. He paid her and left a generous tip as his thoughts continued to stay on Redeemer, no matter how hard he had tried to keep her out of his mind. Just when he had announced to her, to the Pack of his feelings...just when she began to be receptive to him...Icilian came back into the picture, claiming her as his once again. Dorian groaned, the words between himself and Icilian still fresh in his mind.

"Yes, I am alive, Dorian. I am back among the Pack, my family...and most importantly, my lifemate." He hissed the last word out, curling his lips back to reveal his fangs. "I am going to say this once, Dorian, and one time only. Stay away from Redeemer. She is mine and no one else's. You so much as touch her, even look at her again...I will kill you."

Dorian could not believe what he was seeing...Ice alive and infront of him...threatening his life. He shook his head, his hand relaxing on his blaster.

"You do not have to worry anymore, Ice." Dorian sneered. "I am leaving Khar Sian tonight. Leaving the people I love."

Dorian watched with a grin as Ice seemed to react to his words and knew the vampyre wanted to slug him. Frell, he'd duke it out with him over Redeemer any day, even knowing he would die doing it. It would be worth it.

"I am going to see Redeemer before I leave. I will say goodbye to her. You cannot deny me that." Dorian said, his eyes narrowing at him. "I have never wished anything bad on you, Ice, you know that. I only claimed my love for Redeemer due to you being 'dead' as we all thought you were. I thought I had a chance with her, but I was wrong. She loves you like no woman has ever loved a man. If you feel threatened that someone else loves her, then maybe you do not love her as much as she loves you."

Dorian knew he struct a nerve in the vampyre and smirked at him. Grabbing his bags, he walked by Ice and turned back around to look at him.

"Try and stop me from saying good bye to the woman we love."

Icilian looked at him over his shoulder and hissed,

"If you value your life, Mortal, you will leave now."

Icilian turned around to look fully at him, his eyes turning hard and cold.

"You will not step one foot near Redeemer. I put up with your friendship because she liked you so much. I knew you fell in love with her and I also dealt with that because you kept your mouth shut about it. Now I hear that you have proclaimed it to everyone, including her and I will not stand for that. Redeemer is mine, my lifemate...the one I was meant for and I am the one she was meant for. You cannot step in between us, to do so would mean your death. That is the natural law around here. We cannot control our tendencies when it comes to our lifemates."

Icilian walked over to Dorian, coming face to face with him. His face only inches apart from Dorian's, he bared his fangs once again.

"Leave now, Mortal. Go away and do not come back for awhile. I cannot stop you from coming back, but I can make damn well sure that you give me the time I need with my lifemate. Find another woman to profess your love to, Redeemer's taken."

Icilian stood there, a snarl on his face and when it looked as if Dorian was going to argue, he let out a low, guttural growl that shut him up. With a disgusted snort, Icilian walked past him, throwing open the door.

And that is what Dorian did...left Redeemer...his family, his friends without a good bye to any of them. He had regretted it the moment he lifted off Khar Sian, but he did not want any more trouble from Ice nor make any trouble for Redeemer. He knew deep in his heart he would always love her, would be there for her no matter what and silently prayed Icilian would do something to mess up what he had with Redeemer so that he could step in and show her what he had to offer her.

Dorian gritted his teeth, annoyed that he did not get the chance to speak to Dante about being turned. He would still do it if given the chance, just to gain more ground with Redeemer. He knew their laws of lifemates...knew that once one was claimed, the couple could not be torn apart by anyone, only themselves...he was going to prove that law wrong. A smile played on his lips as he thought of Izabell and her words of wisdom to him on the night he left...not to give up hope, but do not be blind to other opportunities. No, he would not give up and he would not seek any other. He loved Redeemer and she would be his...no matter how long it took.

Izabell
Dec 18th, 2003, 03:48:46 AM
The stars came back into view as she brought the Crimson star out of hyperspace. The planet loomed ahead, and she made a beelin for it. That was were he was. That was where she would find him.

The small craft settled down in the assigned docking bay, and she gathered her small black hooded cape. Connecting the gold clasps around her neck, she pulled the hood over her head and fixed the short cape over her shoulders to hang down to her mid back. Her leather body suit clung to her curvy shape and her fingerless gloves was pulled up to her elbows. Checking her metal studded belt, she clipped her lightsaber to it and walked out to find him.

It wasnt long before she was standing outside of the Darkness club. She smiled and walked in. She looked around and zeroed in on his scent. Too bad he was a mortal still...he wouldve either picked her thoughts up or her scent.... She smirked from within the confines of her hood and sauntered past his booth, averting her eyes sideways to make sure it was him....bingo.

She reached the bar and leaned against the countertop, jutting her hip out to the right.. She ordered a drink and waited. Watchinghim through a reflection in the mirror behind the bar.

Dorian Gray
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:56:29 AM
Dorian had been twirling his whiskey glass around in his hands, trying to come up with a scheme to win over Redeemer when he saw a robed figure walk by him. Thinking nothing of it, he did not bother to look up until he smelled an all too familiar flowery perfume. There was only one person he knew who wore something that soft, that feminine and he suddenly laughed, shaking his head.

"Iza." He smirked, setting the shot glass down. He lifted his head up to scan the club thoroughly, his eyes finally resting on the robed figure at the bar. Her face was hidden, but he knew it was her.

Dorian canted his head to the side, knowing she was watching him through the mirrored wall. Raising his hand up, he motioned with his index finger to 'come here' and settled back into the booth, waiting for the lovely Darkmere vampyre to settle in next to him.

Izabell
Dec 18th, 2003, 10:36:42 AM
She knew he'd pick up her perfume....just something else she tested him with from time to time.... The scent of Jasmine. She picked up her drink and turned to to the booth, all heads around her turned as she sauntered over, her outfit not her usual wear of cloaks and dresses, but the leather bodysuit, boots and short hooded cape....the men kept their eyes on her back as she took her time reaching the table.

Sliding in opposite of him, She left her hood on, the shadow of it allowing just the full lips to show, and part of her chin. The rest was hidden in the dark.

"Still intuned with your nose I see...."

She said as a smirk appeared.

"You do know why I'm here."

Dorian Gray
Dec 18th, 2003, 11:17:38 AM
Like every other man in the bar, Dorian's eyes were drawn to Izabell's full lips, but they did not have the same effect on him that they did the others..he was so in to Redeemer, Izabell could have been standing naked infront of him and he would not notice.

He smiled at her, shaking his head in both disbelief and happiness to see his friend.

"Still intuned with your nose I see. You do know why I'm here." Izabell said.

Dorian stretched his arms out on either side of him on the back of the booth and his own smirk played on his lips.

"Let me guess, Iza. To take me back?" He grinned, knowing she was trying to root around in his mind about his intentions. The one trick he learned while on Khar Sian was how to block out any unwanted visitors in his mind and he did just that, raising his eyebrow at the determined set of Izabell's lips.

Izabell
Dec 19th, 2003, 03:13:57 AM
She nodded slowly, exactly what he said.

"Yes Dorian.....to take you back."

She was glad to see he was alright and doing well. Poor mortal, he's been through so much and never wanted anything in return but the returned feelings from a certain blonde. And with the return of Icilian it was looking rather bleak for her friend.

"You still remember what I told you back at the celebration?"

Dorian Gray
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:39:14 AM
"How could I forget anything about that night, Iza." Dorian murmured, his thoughts going to how Redeemer felt in his arms, her lips on his.

Dorian let out an frustrated sigh and rubbed his hands through his short hair. His eyes cast down to the table top, watching Izabell's slender hands for a moment.

"Dante and I were to speak to each other about turning that night." Dorian whispered, an eyebrow lifting. "We never got that chance."

Bringing his elbows to rest on the table, he looked over at the stunning Izabell and smiled at her. Dorian reached out and squeezed Izabell's soft, holding it for awhile.

"So...." Dorian said with a laugh. "How would you like this to go..I come with you quietly or we battle it out and you take me kicking and screaming?"

Izabell
Dec 19th, 2003, 08:59:03 PM
Her head tilted down slightly to watch his hands hold hers...under the cowl am eyebrow was raised. At his comment, a smile broke across her face. Her prominent canines showing.

"Mmmmmmmm.......Well Iwas hoping you'd give a little fight.....Kicking and screaming seems a little interesting to me."

She said as she laughed with him.

Dorian Gray
Dec 20th, 2003, 12:19:25 AM
Dorian threw his back and laughed heartily, squeezing his friend's hand a little more. The dimples appearing in his cheeks, he looked at Izabell, pulling her closer to him to smack a loud kiss on her cheek.

"We could always tell everyone else you brought me back kicking and screaming." He stated, looking sideways at her. "I want to go back, Izabell....not just to be around Ree, I miss everyone else, too."

A smirk played on his lips as he could just picture the look on Ice's face when he saw Dorian again. It would be worth his life to see that one.

Izabell
Dec 20th, 2003, 12:28:05 AM
She smiled as he kissed her cheek. She reached up and pinched his when his dimples showed. That smile of her's still there.

"Sure we can tell everyone that I dragged you back....only...why pretend?"

Now her smile turned mischievous....

Dorian Gray
Dec 20th, 2003, 06:41:43 PM
"Ahhh Izabell...a woman after me own heart." Dorian chuckled, shaking his head. "You would like that, wouldn't you?" He asked, taking in her mischievious grin. "Your sabers against my blasters? Now that would not be fair now, would it?"

Dorian shook his head as the waitress came back to ask if he needed a refill, her eyes nervously glancing over at Izabell. He wanted to be clear headed when he stepped foot back upon Khar Sian to start his plan on winning his love.

"Izabell..." Dorian said thoughtfully. "How do you feel about Ice and Redeemer?"

Izabell
Dec 20th, 2003, 07:32:22 PM
She pursed her lips in thought. Then steepled her fingers.
This was a very delicate subject, and she would be honest with him.

"Well Dorian, I think as a couple, they are meant for each other.....if they weren't...his coming back wouldnt have affected her decision with wanting to give you a chance. You would be with her right now and Icilian wouldve been the one brooding and alone."

She sighed and continued.

" I was talked to by Kariss, she knows what he went through in that place his spirit was kept....he has been through a bad kind of hell.....He needs time to work through it, as you do too with your heart."

She reached over and patted his hand.

" Your's is out there Dorian.....you just need to keep looking."

She got quiet and bit her lip.

"This mission to find my brother....it will be harder than I thought....I.....I went without my father knowing and tried to see if I could find him myself......He wasnt there.... And this Hera person said if one pack member stepped foot there, she would kill them.....with fire. I know my brother.....he wouldve contacted me if he felt me there...I didnt fel him at all. Now.....the thing abot my father finding out I did that.......it might be bad."

Dorian Gray
Dec 20th, 2003, 07:37:38 PM
"Not what I wanted to hear, but thank you for being honest, Iza." Dorian whispered, hoping she would not like the two of them together. He had hoped for someone on his side regarding Redeemer. "But I believe she was meant for me and I plan on proving that to her."

His brows furrowed as she spoke of her brother and the 'mission' the Pack was to go on. Something he did not know about. What ever the Darkmere heir had done to make his father send the Pack after him must have been bad.

"If you have not felt your brother, then what of Kariss? She's his lifemate, she may have come across something while you were gone, you think?" Dorian asked, thinking this over carefully.

Izabell
Dec 20th, 2003, 07:42:27 PM
She nodded in response.

"Yes, she would have if he did contact her....but Im trying to save my brother Dorian....I pray my father doesnt get ahold of this information she may have. "

She canted her head to the right.

"And Dorian....please.....be careful in what ever you plan to do with Redeemer...I can only go so far in saving you..... "

Dorian Gray
Dec 20th, 2003, 07:45:52 PM
"I will do what ever I can to help you, Iza. You know that." Dorian spoke, his tone serious.

He let out a sigh, looking away for a moment and then finally back to the lovely vampyre at his side.

"Do not worry Iza...you will not have to save me." He whispered, his eyes averting from her's. "So, tell me...how can I help you save your brother?"

Izabell
Dec 20th, 2003, 07:53:33 PM
She looked around the place then back at him.

"Well....the only way we can save him.....is to take the pack on what they call a "wild goose chase"."

She leaned forward and rested her chin upon her fist.

"We need to keep the pack confused.... till they get tired of looking and that will , I think....give my brother the time he needs before he comes on his own. And also will give my father time to cool his rear a little."

She smiled once more.

"Oh and Dorian? Ive already saved you twice.....once from Ice's words of ridicule after you left....and the second right now.....from your solitude."

The tip of her tongue showing between her teeth as she smiled and caught it there.

Dorian Gray
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:02:35 PM
"This...wild goose chase, how do you propose on making it so? How will the Count believe it?" Dorian asked, his mind going into over drive as to how to help out his friend and her brother.

"Oh and Dorian? Ive already saved you twice.....once from Ice's words of ridicule after you left....and the second right now.....from your solitude."

" 'Words of ridicule'? " Dorian repreated slowly, his eyes narrowing as he leaned forward on the table. "What did he say and speak to the truth, Iza."

'Oh yes, my plan will work perfectly.' He thought to himself. 'I have to speak to him when I get back home...especially before the Pack is sent out.'

Izabell
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:11:14 PM
" Words of ridicule? "

She smiled and her tongue clicked off the roof of her mouth.

"What did he say and speak to the truth, Iza."

She just laughed softly and slid out from the booth. Looking back at him as he was giving her a "will you kriffing tell me??" kind of look.

She turned her back and swung her hips in her walk as she left the table and headed for the entrance, occasionally looking back over her shoulder with a smirk....bringing her hand up and showing him the slowly moving finger of "C'mon....lets go".

Dorian Gray
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:17:01 PM
Dorian shook his head as he watched the sultry seductress walk away from their booth. He laughed at the other men in the club drawn to watching the sway of her hips as she walked out.

"Woman, you're going to be the death of me." He muttered jokingly to himself as he slid out of the booth to follow. He stopped at the entrance, reaching out to grab the collar of one young stud who was starting to walk after Izabell.

"Buddy, you couldn't handle her." He snipped, pushing the young whelp back into the club, turning to catch up with Izabell. They walked in silence for a few moments to the docking bay where their ships sat, waiting for them.

Izabell
Dec 22nd, 2003, 09:43:17 PM
She was leaning against the outside wall waiting for him to exit. When he did, she got beside him and they walked along. The space port was not that far away, only several blocks. Plus she hated taking speeders, she felt it stole something from a nice walk.

"So....do you really think that young man back there couldn't handle me??"

She asked as her lips curled upwards into a smile, he could see it from the side as the cowl she wore allowed her lower past of her face to show.

Dorian Gray
Dec 22nd, 2003, 09:53:28 PM
Dorian laughed again, taking Izabell's hand to place it in the crook of his arm as they walked. He shook his head, making a 'tsk-ing' noise.

"Izabell...come now...you're too much for him and you know it. You'd eat him alive." Dorian grinned, then leaned down to whisper next to her ear. "Then again, maybe that's what you want?"

Dorian laughed again as they stood before their ships and he let out a sigh, turning to look at Izabell.

"So this is it, huh, Iza?" He asked, suddenly a little unsure...a little nervous.

Izabell
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:44:12 AM
She smiled as she took out a small device and tapped the micro buttons. A whining was heard from the Crimson's power plant and she walked over and snaked an arm into his.

"Now you did not think I would let you go by yourself so you could pull a fast one on me and take off somewhere else did you?"

She laughed at her thinking ahead and bringing her remote control device....Dorian will not have a choice as she would go with him instead.

Dorian Gray
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:51:11 AM
Dorian shot her a feigned innocence look, then laughed as they boarded his ship, his chest tightening as the ramp closed behind him.

"This is it." He muttered to himself and he sat at the controls and punched in the navigation cooridinates for home. He sighed, turning to look back at Izabell as she moved to sit next to him. "You realize it is going to be quite tense when we get back home, don't you?"

He knew Izabell would know what he was talking about. He would not be surprised in the least if he was cornered by Icilian not long after they were back. He thought Quinlin had the market on the brooding vampyre act...Quinlin didn't have nothing on Icilian now. What ever it was the vampyre was going through, he hoped he could work it out soon...for all of their sake.

Izabell
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:58:32 AM
She looked at him and winked.

"You.....will be staying with me and my family...my father will not allow him to touch you....and niether will I."

She buckled in and turned the swivel seat forward and helped prep the ship.

"You have nothing to fear Dorian.....I will protect you."

Dorian Gray
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:08:06 AM
He grinned back at her, reaching over to take her hand in his for a moment.

"My herione...such a fierce warrior you are." Dorian chuckled, his eyes dancing with mischeif. "I appreciate your help, Izabell, but do you honestly think your father will allow me, a mortal, to stay within his household? We all know how he feels about mortals, even me. He tolerates me because he knows I am loyal to your kind."

Dorian released her hand and then went back to piloting his ship. He was glad he made that quick stop to the weapons dealer for explosives and blasters when he docked a few days ago. He suddenly felt the need to have them nearby once they reached home.

Izabell
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:11:14 AM
She looked back at him and smiled.

"My dear Dorian....I tend to get my way....my father is no different for me. You will soon see this."

She went back to helping and took another glance at him, chuckilng to herself.

Dorian Gray
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:16:50 AM
"How come I believe you when you say you get your way?" Dorian laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well, what man would not want to stay with two gorgeous vampyresses such as yourself and your sister?"

Dorian looked over at her, wiggling his eyebrows at her in a lecherous way, making her laugh. He grinned, watching her for a moment. He was glad to have made friends with her. Sure, he was close with Epona, but being that she was now Icilian's sister and had been close with him before the turning, Dorian felt out in the cold when it came to her. He knew she would not let Icilian affect their friendship, but if Epona wanted to see him, he would let her come to him.

A blip on his screen caught his attention and he sighed again, knowing they would be back home soon enough...almost too soon for his taste.

Izabell
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:09:58 AM
She kept her eyes on the console before her, but he could see her smile from the side.

"Because my handsome mortal.....I always do."

She replied as she got up and walked to the navcom and typed in the coordinates for home.

Dorian Gray
Dec 30th, 2003, 11:55:20 PM
"Oh Izabell, if I didn't know better, I would swear you are flirting with me." Dorian grinned, puffing his chest out in an over dramatic display of male satisfaction.

With a tight chest, Dorian shut the engines off to the ship, his eyes staring out the window to Khar Sian and it's inhabitants. He did not think he would be stepping back on it's soil so soon and though he truly wanted to see Redeemer, part of him wanted to turn tail and run away again.

Glancing over at Izabell, he let out a deep breath and shook his head.

"You ready?" He asked, slowly getting up from the chair, grabbing his leather coat & sliding his arms into it.

Dorian reached for the pack of cigarettes in the inside pocket and then thought second of it. Izabell's sense of smell was just as highly tuned as her hearing and he did not want to have to have her deal with the smell of cigarette smoke. In fact, Dorian crushed the pack in his hand and looked at it before tossing it in the receptacle as they headed for the ramp. Dorian grabbed his bags and they exited his ship, watching as Izabell's landed nearby.

"Let's get this over with." Dorian muttered, not looking forward to seeing the look on Izabell's father's face when he found out about his new resident.

Izabell
Dec 31st, 2003, 12:34:40 AM
She nodded to him as she placed her short cape on and left the hood down. She checked her lightsaber and hooked an arm into the crook of his elbow. She lead him down the ramp and towards the path that lead to the Darkmere household.

"Dont worry Dorian....'twill be okay, you'll see."

Dorian Gray
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:13:02 AM
They entered the grand house, Dorian swallowing a nervous lump in his throat as he looked around. He patted Izabell's hand, which was still on his arm and looked at her, smiling as he leaned over to kiss her cool cheek.

"Thank you for coming after me, Iza." He whispered, straightening when the two of them heard footsteps. His eyes grew wide as he looked around, knowing that it was probably the only man in his life, vampyre or mortal, that Dorian truly feared...only because he was unsure of where he stood with him. He had hoped to find out one day.

Dorian looked over at Izabell to find her standing a little straighter and her chin took on the stubborn-ness he had noted she shared with Kariss when they were ready to argue.

Count Fulkrehm
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:42:00 AM
The figure came around the corner wearing the dark maroon robes of the council. Fulkrehm stopped and canted his head to the left. Well now.....what a surprise, he thought as his own eyebrow arched.

"Dorian Gray.....I thought you had left Khar Sian."

He said evenly as he walked towards the pair. He looked at Izabell and let out an exhale.

"Why do I have the feeling you are responsible for this Izabell?"

She gave him a stubbron look and he shook his head, knowing why he was here.

"Tell me Dorian, did my daughter tell you I would allow you to stay here in my household and offer you protection?"

He looked the mortal dead on and this was a form of test for him.

Dorian Gray
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:48:01 AM
Dorian squared his shoulders at the sound of the Count's voice and the two of them turned to face Izabell's father. The Count came to stand directly infront of him, staring him eye to eye without even blinking. Dorian set his jaw and stared back at the elder vampyre, not in the mood anymore to be intimidated by him.

"Yes, your daughter did offer and when I tried to refuse, well...you know your daughter, she can be quite persuasive, Count Fulkrehm." Dorian replied in an even tone of voice.

Count Fulkrehm
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:54:54 AM
He smiled slightly, this mortal had impressed him with his steadfast ways, even against Icilian...he placed a hand upon his shoulder and nodded.

"Go-o-ood Dorian, You have not failed to impress me yet. I see great potential in you. Izabel I believe you can show Mister Gray to a room we have to spare.....Good evening to you."

With that he turned and continued to where he was heading.

Izabell
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:56:55 AM
Izabell smiled ather father's retreating back and then caressed Dorian's cheek with her knuckles.

"See? I told you it will be ok."

She said as she led him to the upper levels and to a room fo rhim.

"I believe this would be to your liking?"

Dorian Gray
Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:06:20 AM
Dorian smiled at Izabell, happy to have apparently won over the Count. His smile grew wider knowing Icilian would have trouble trying to run him off again if he even dared to.

Izabell's words and her caress brought his attention back to her and he followed her up the stairs to a room that was built and decorated for a king with it's lush fabrics and bold colors. Looking to Izabell, he laughed and hugged his thanks to her, then stopped for a moment, his demeanor growing serious.

"Iza...I know I said it before, but thank you once again." Dorian whispered, dipping his head quickly to kiss her in gratitude before stepping away to set his bags down.

Izabell
Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:11:49 AM
She lightly touched her lips and cleared her throat.

*ahem*...I'm glad to help Dorian, youre quite welcome."

She watched him for a moment and decided to take her leave.

"I'll talk to you...umm, later..."

She shook her head and smiled and left him to get settled in.

Dorian Gray
Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:21:28 AM
Dorian turned to watch the Darkmere beauty take her leave and he smiled at her before moving to unpack his bags. He sighed, suddenly sitting on the grand bed, it finally hitting him that he was home once more. His eyes went to the shirts he held in his hands, his mind going to Redeemer, wondering how she was doing. He did not dare open the link between them, that would only cause Icilian to pick up on something.

He smiled suddenly, looking forward to the showdown that he knew would be coming between himself and the back from the dead Icilian.

'You want me, Ice...let's do it.' He thought to himself, turning to look out the window that faced the Imoralia's son's household.

He stayed there for a moment, then pushed all thoughts of Icilian and Redeemer out of his mind...stopping to think about Izabell for a moment, something that brought a smile to his eyes before going back to unpacking.

Settled in, Dorian stripped out of his clothes to pair of pajama bottoms and went to stretch out under the covers of the comfortable bed, sleep just moments away from taking him under.

It was good to be home.

Icilian Imoralia
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:55:12 PM
Icilian sat on his haunches on the ledge outside of the mortal's window, watching him sleep. His blue eyes turned silver in anticipation of what he hoped would come, the mortal's beating at Icilian's own hands for coming back to Khar Sian so soon. Eyes the color of blue ice turned to look at the door to Dorian's room and knew Izabell had been behind his return. Why, he did not know, but he would indeed find out.

Dawn was fastly approaching and Icilian looked back at Dorian, his eyes narrowing as he knew his lifemate had felt something for him. Tilting his head up, Icilian let out a slow breath as he implanted in Dorian's mind what was to come if the two were ever alone.

With a glance towards the early hours of dawn as the twin suns rose, Icilian growled and then lept off the ledge to head back to his own house and to Redeemer, who he would make frelling sure the mortal was the last thing on her mind.

Dorian Gray
Jan 4th, 2004, 03:42:45 PM
Dorian awoke the next evening, his eyes narrowing at the image there in his mind when he came to. His lips set in a firm line, he shook his head as he knew Icilian had paid him a visit the previous night. How he knew he was back, he didn't know and really didn't care. He just looked forward to pounding the smug vampyre's face in.

Stretching, he clamored out of bed and headed into the bathroom to take a long, hot shower to clear his mind. He padded in, stepping under the hot spray of water and sighed heavily, closing his eyes as he dipped his head under the water to let it run down his neck and back, loosening the tense muscles.

He didn't know how long he had been in there, but Dorian stepped out of the shower clean and relaxed, rubbing his wet hair with the towel as he looked in the mirror. He heard his bedroom door open and when he peaked out of the bathroom, he found the maid straightening his bed.

"You do not have to worry about that." Dorian laughed, walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and nothing else on.

"My apologies, Sir." She smiled, openly oggling him. Dorian merely smirked, walking to the closet. The maid quickly exited as he grabbed a few articles of clothing to wear. As he laid them out on his bed, Dorian walked to the window, leaning against it for a moment as he looked out over the houses, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

Kariss
Jan 5th, 2004, 04:26:26 PM
Kariss walked up the stairs to Dorian's room after hearing of their impromptu house guest from Izabell that evening, watching the maid scurry out of his room. Raising an eyebrow, she softly knocked on his door, wanting to make sure he was comfortable, if there was anything he needed.

"Dorian, Izabell told me that - - -" Kariss stopped in mid sentence, her eyes running over the scantily clad mortal appreciatively. With a smirk on her face, she watched as he turned around to face her, oblivious to his state of undress. "Izabell told me of your arrival this evening. It is good to have you back among us and especially underneath our roof."

She walked towards him, gently placing a hand on his bare arm. Leaning in to him, she whispered,

"You may want to dress, Dorian. You've got out maid in heat it seems."

Her eyes danced with laughter as Dorian looked down to realize how he was dressed and then the two of them laughed together.

"I just wanted to welcome you back home, Dorian." She smiled, walking back to the door to give him some privacy, though taking a minute to look at his bare chest. "If there's anything you need, just let one of us know. And Dorian, I know it is not my place to say anything...but you should get over your desire for Redeemer. I can think of other's who would treasure you like you should be."

With that, Kariss turned and left him her thoughts going to Ezra and the need she was feeling for his touch. She let out a deep breath as she descended down the stairs, sending out to her lifemate,

'Ezra, My Love, if I do not get to see you soon, I will go crazy. That mortal is starting to look good enough to eat.'

She grinned, knowing that if Ezra had gotten that, his hackles will have been raised. Tipping her head back, she laughed louder, the hallway echoing with the musical notes of it as she made her way back to her sister Izabell.

Izabell
Jan 6th, 2004, 04:24:04 AM
Izabell was sitting in a plush chair. She had on a red velvet corset and a black dress. Her hair was in a braid with a gold cord intwined into it. The gold cord hung over her shoulder and down the front alongside her clevage.

She sat reading a book and was turning a page as Kariss came in.

" Good evening sister.....I trust you have already seen our esteemed guest."

Kariss
Jan 6th, 2004, 08:52:23 AM
Kariss threw a cheeky grin Izabell's way and sat across from her.

"Yes, I wanted to make sure he was comfortable or if he needed anything." She replied. "Thank you for bringing him back. He belongs here with us."

Kariss watched her for a moment and then got up to pace the floor.

"I take it Father spoke with him last night?" She asked, turning to look at her sister with a raised eyebrow.

Izabell
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:04:47 AM
Izabell had a cheeky grin of her own and she hadnt looked up yet from her book. She just lazily turned the pages....as if she wasnt really reading, but she was.

"Think nothing of it, He does belong here with us.....thats why I did it."

Now she looked up from her book.

"Yes he did, as soon as we arrived....he made it seem as though he was just so happened to be passig by on his way to a meeting.....when he was actually heading for his den.....That man still thinks Im a child.....He doesnt fool me anymore. He was waiting for us."

She said with a smile.

Kariss
Jan 6th, 2004, 11:08:12 AM
Kariss noted the grin on Izabell's face and then laughed when she explained about their Father.

"Oh, he's just being protective, Iz." Kariss chuckled. "You come home when it is almost dawn with a mortal at your coattails, of course he is going to be nosy."

She laughed some more, then walked around the room in silence for a moment before stating,

"Dorian must have impressed him if Father let him stay here. Don't you think?"

Izabell
Jan 7th, 2004, 02:37:01 AM
Izabell closed the book and kept the pages with a finger. She rested the book on her lap, and she sub-consciously played with her gold cord which rested on her chest. As she played with it, her braid twitched.

"I know he is, and it was a little comical to see his eyebrow arch at the sight of Dorian next to me."

She laughed and brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

"Ohhhh that crafty mortal dazzled him.....I had to keep from laughing out loud."

Kariss
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:42:12 AM
"Dorian? Dazzled Father?" Kariss murmured. "How intriguing."

The smirk was back upon her lips as she thought of Dorian and his demeanor. She was sure he could charm the clothes of off any woman if he wanted to. He was handsome, polite and most definately powerful. He was a good addition to the Pack and maybe Fulkrehm saw past him being mortal, saw the good he would do for the Pack.

"The mission, Iza...will it be wise to have the two of them on it?" Kariss asked, referring to Dorian and Icilian.

Dorian Gray
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:46:27 AM
Dorian came down the stairs with a smile on his face, hearing the two musical, haunting voices of Izabell and Kariss. Heading to where they were, he stopped for a moment, hearing Kariss ask a very important question. He looked to the carpet for a moment, then sighed as he came walked in to the room.

"Have no worries, Kariss." He said, his eyes quickly moving to Izabell looking beautiful curled up in her chair. "I will not do anything to jeapordized the safety of the Pack. Good evening, Ladies. You both are looking gorgeous as always."

Izabell
Jan 7th, 2004, 04:44:03 PM
Looking up, she gave him an more regal smile. Izabell let the gold cord fall back to rest upon her chest and she reopened the book.

"Good evening Dorian, I trust you rested well?"

She asked as she went to reading the page she left off at. A smirk played at the corner of her full lips, she did a good job at keeping it at bay and not full out going into a smile.

Dorian Gray
Jan 7th, 2004, 04:49:33 PM
Dorian grinned back at her as she returned to her book.

"Yes, I had a nice rest, Iza." He answered, weighing the decision to tell the two of his late night visitor or not. "I awoke this morning with a very interesting image in my head."

Dorian turned to reach for the decanter of blood wine, pouring himself a glass of it. When he turned back, he had both of their attention, Kariss raising an eyebrow at him.

"Seems word has gotten out of my return." Dorian grinned, taking a slow sip of his drink.

Izabell
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:36:54 AM
Icilian....the name rang in her head.

"He wont dare touch you in this household Dorian, my father would punish him for an insolent mistake as that....and he knows it. Youre safe here...."

She glanced at Kariss and went back to reading.

"The bloodwine is there, help yourself Dorian."

Kariss
Jan 8th, 2004, 10:55:41 AM
Kariss knew who they were both talking about, it was obvious and she was not surprised. What surprised her was the outburst Izabell had regarding defending Dorian. Her eyebrow raised even higher as she caught her sister glancing at her and then going back to her book.

'Izabell.....' She sang softly in her sister's mind. 'Is there something going on that I do not know about?

"Dorian, Izabell is right. You will not be harmed as long as you are under the protection of the House of Darkmere." Kariss said, walking over to place her hand on his shoulder. "We swear to that."

Dorian Gray
Jan 8th, 2004, 11:24:07 AM
Dorian placed a hand over his heart and pretended to swoon as the two women laughed and he grinned at them again, taking a long sip of his bloodwine.

"All though it does my ego good to have two gorgeous creatures as yourselves swear to protect me, I cannot and will not hide behind your coat tails, ladies. If Icilian calls me out, I will not back down." Dorian finished his drink, setting the glass on the table next to him.

Izabell
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:13:10 AM
She glanced back at Kariss and closed her book, she slowly stood and walked passed Kariss.

'Now....why would there be anything going on?'

Her answer came back a little clipped and not like her. She walked passed Dorian and gave him her take on the situation.

"If Icilian calls you out and you accept his invitaion, he would surely kill you.....you know you cannt beat him. But....we cannot stop you from doing anyway cant we?"

She said as she looked into his eyes....then she shook her head and left....into the next room, her father's den.... sighing and placing her hands upon a desktop.

Kariss
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:42:52 PM
Kariss stiffened at her sister's clipped tone towards her at her joking remark and with narrowed eyes, watched her more closely as she spoke with Dorian before turning to head into their Father's study.

'Something more is going on that Izabell is not letting on.' She thought to herself, then realized, 'Maybe she does not even know.'

Moving her gaze to the mortal, she watched him for a moment and then whispered,

"Go after her, Dorian."

Dorian Gray
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:56:55 PM
Kariss' whisper touched him and he looked at her before slowly looking back to the direction Izabell walked off to. He nodded, reaching out to take Kariss' hand, squeezing it thoughtfully.

Dorian went after Izabell, finding her leaning over her father's desk with her head down. Slowly walking up to her, he placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

"Izabell." He spoke softly, tilting his head a little, as if to see past the thick braid hiding her face. "I will not be stupid when it comes to Icilian. I know he can kill me. I know he wants to kill me and he will not come near me while I am under your protection. Izabell, I cannot be under your protection forever."

Dorian took a step closer, placing his arm around her shoulders. With his other hand, he reached over to place his fingers under her chin to gently force her to look at him.

"Izabell, my whole plan was to come back, be turned into one of you and then face Icilian on even ground." Dorian found himself admitting to her.

In the back of his mind he knew it was not going to be a successful plan. Dante had agreed to speak to him about it, but that was before his son had re-appeared into their lives.

"I just don't want to be hiding behind your skirts forever...as lovely as the view is." He added, ever the flirt in hopes to get her to award him with her beautiful smile. "I am just not that kind of man and you know it."

Izabell
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:08:19 PM
She kept silent and listened to him talk....her brown eyes looked into his as he made her look at him. Those dark hues slowly averted to look at his hand holding her chin. Then slowly came back up to once again look at him as she listened.

"I just don't want to be hiding behind your skirts forever...as lovely as the view is."

If he was hoping to make her smile with his little cute line after that, he was mistaken....for as soon as he utterd the first statement she stomped her foot and raised her voice.

"Well, WHY NOT!?"

She looked at him with a glare and pout at the same time. Slim fingers and a delicate hand reached up and pushed his hand away.

"There is alot you must learn before you are considered as a choice to be turned Dorian....The elders will not allow you to be turned just for the sake of facing Icilian.....And furthermore, Redeemer and Icilian are bonded....lifemates....nothing ok? NOTHING can come between them....and for you to do that would probably get you expelled from the Pack and worse, bring you ill will from the elders.....you need to learn our laws and ways Dorian....because I.......I.......oh nevermind!"

The red dress flew around her legs as she turned and quickly exited the room, She stormed passed Kariss a crimson line falling from her eye as she ran out into the main hall and down to her room.

Kariss
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:11:01 PM
Kariss stepped back so Izabell could pass and her lips set into a thin line. She slowly turned around to see Dorian standing in the door way looking just about as confused as she was feeling.

"What was that about, Dorian?" She asked, walking to stand infront of him, her hands on her hips.

Dorian Gray
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:15:35 PM
Dorian did not go after Izabell this time. He knew she would not welcome him. Her words she yelled at him rang true. He would not be turned just to face Icilian or to get a chance at Redeemer. He also knew that there would be no frelling way he would get inbetween the two. They were meant to be and there was no way to change that.

'The sooner you face the truth, Dorian, the sooner you can get on with your life and stop being so frelling miserable.' He thought to himself as he ran his hands through his hair.

Kariss had walked up to him and he turned to look at her, slowly shaking his head.

"She's just trying to get me to see the light...which is starting to become brighter at the moment." Dorian sighed, his shoulders hunched. "Kariss...how do you get over someone you love so much and move on with your life?"

Kariss
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:25:22 PM
Kariss' heart went out to the mortal and she smiled sadly at him, reaching to take his hands in her's.

"Dorian, I've been in your position before." She replied softly, thinking of Ezra and his first mate, Jazmina. "I fell so hard for Ezra, but he was with someone else at the time. It hurt. Just like you are hurting right now, I was as well. I did what I thought was the impossible. I was his friend. I wished he and Jazmina well. I even liked her. She was a beautiful person and it was hard not to love her."

Kariss paused, moved with Dorian to the couch and sat down, his hands still in her's.

"Yes, I know, I am with Ezra now. It is only because of Jazmina's passing did I finally get him to notice me." She squeezed his hands and continued. "Dorian, let her go. Wish her well with Icilian and be there for her when she needs a friend. If you truly love her, then you'll want her to be happy and I have to tell you, Dorian, I've seen the two of them...they are happy."

Then, on a lighter note to get the mortal to smile, she grinned cheekily at him.

"You're gorgeous, Dorian. I've seen um, most of you, and anyone would be lucky to have your attentions. The right one is out there waiting for you to sweep her off her feet. She may even be closer than you realize."

Kariss smiled at him again, leaning in to kiss his cheek and hug him tenderly. She pulled back, placing a hand on his cheek and lookied into his brown eyes.

"I'll arrange a meeting for you with Ree if you want...here, at our place. But first, go patch things with Izabell."

imported_Ezra
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:40:22 PM
From a distant system, a thought was sent.....more than thought, it was a feeling, a pressence. Her lifemate was with her....her loving husband who was enduring an ordeal within himself and also in the physical sense as he was away from her for too long.

A whisper sounded in her head as she spoke with Dorian..

'Kariss.....Karisssss.....my dark angel.....my love......I miss you....and soon, I will be with you , and in your arms once again....'

Then an image appeared in her minds eye....an image of three children playing....two she recognized as her own, and one an older blonde girl......then herself in Ezra's arms as they sat watching....then the image faded and love wrapped itself around her....she felt his loss without her near him.....and the hope of a soon to be rendezvous.

'I will send for you soon......be prepared.....we will be together soon my sweet lifemate....my wife.......soon.......I love you Kariss.'

Then the feeling faded....as Ezra pulled back.

Kariss
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:54:05 PM
Kariss felt Ezra's presence in her mind and she smiled lovingly, feeling the waves of love and warmth surround her. Then it dawned on her what he had said to her. That he would send for her, to be ready.

Her eyes widened in excitement, tears filling her eyes and she looked at Dorian, excusing herself quickly to run to her room, needing be with the children as they napped quietly in their cribs.

'If it isn't soon enough, My Love, I will go crazy.' She sent back to him, letting the tears fall down her cheeks.

Dorian Gray
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:57:33 PM
Dorian sat there long after Kariss had excused herself, coming to terms with the fact that he will never have Redeemer as his own and he felt surprisingly...fine by that. Yes, he loved her, but Kariss was right, he wanted her to be happy and yes, he had seen the two with his own eyes and they were happy. Who was he to interfere with the magic they had. He would let her go and he would also be the bigger man, go to Icilian and tell him the best man won.

Letting out a deep sigh, he got up from the couch and walked to Izabell's room, softly rapping on her door with his knuckles, hoping she would see him and give him the chance to apologize.

Izabell
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:32:20 PM
The door opened and the form of Izabell stood regally before him even though she had scarlet smears on her pale cheeks. Her head now held in a manner which spoke courtier. She wiped her cheeks and cleared her throat.

"Dorian......What can I do for you?"

She asked as nonchalantly as anyone could. As if she wasnt crying before...as if nothing had happened.

Dorian Gray
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:36:59 PM
Dorian was taken a back by the sight of the tear streaked face of Izabell. He felt his heart breaking that he had been the cause of it and without saying one word to her, he reached out, grabbed her by the waist and hugged her to him, not letting her go until he felt her arms go around him.

"I am sorry, Iza." He whispered against her head. "You are right. It took me this long to finally realize that she'll never be mine and I've come to grips with that. I'm letting her go so that I may move on with my life."

Izabell
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:44:01 PM
She smiled and nodded as he held her. She embraced him back and let him know all was forgiven and as it should be. She looked up at his face and gave him some praise at his revelation.

"Good.....see Dorian? Youve taken your first real step towards getting what you want.....what you could deserve. "

She spoke of his turning, of officially becoming a pack member after that. And also finding the one for him.

Slipping from his grasp, she figited with her hands and cleared her throat once again as she stepped away from him.

"Kariss brought you around to this didnt she? She made you see..."

Dorian Gray
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:54:59 PM
Dorian chuckled as she pulled away. He scratched his jaw with his fingernails as he pondered her question.

"She helped. She told me of what happened with Ezra and how she dealt with her feelings when Jazmina was alive. I'm glad she told me. It was nice to hear how someone else had dealt with the same pain I was going through." Dorian said. "But it was you, though, that had finally ripped into my dream world to show me reality."

He walked towards her, reaching out for her fidgeting hands, taking them in his.

"Where would I be without you, Iza?" He smiled softly, looking into her eyes.

Izabell
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:03:21 PM
She had a small smile showing when he mentioned it was her who helped also. And when he walked up to take her fidgeting hands, her lips parted and her eyes grew a bit wider....

"Where would I be without you, Iza?"

She slowly stepped back and swallowed. A slight pink showed o her cheeks and she quickly brought her hands up to them, turning from him.

"Umm, still in a boring dance club on a backwater planet, moping."

She answered him with a soft laugh. Trying to get away from the fact he made her blush.

Dorian Gray
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:13:14 PM
Dorian smiled at her retreating back, suddenly seeing Izabell as the woman she was, not just his friend and confidant. She truly was a beautiful woman, a treasure meant to be spoiled, waited on hand and foot.

"I wouldn't doubt it." He said in answer to her words. "Thank you again, Izabell." He said, this time using her full name instead of his nickname for her.

It grew quiet between the two friends and he looked around her room, noticing the classic motif she had going on and he smiled, noting that it suited her. With all the talk of lifemates and love, Dorian grew curious and turned back to look at Izabell.

"Have you been claimed by the Council as a lifemate for someone, Izabell?" He asked.

Izabell
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:18:55 PM
She looked back at him, her braid falling over her shoulder. She brought a hand up and placed her fingers along her cheek. A sad look on her face.

"No......I have not."

She let her hand drop to her belly and clasped both of them together. Her head tilted to look at the floor. She always wondered why her father have never looked to the single males....like Quinlin's brother Asher.....or Damien...or even the brooding vampyre Quinlin himself.

"I dont think my father wants me to be paired off.....like Im not good enough to be."'

Dorian Gray
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:04:59 AM
"I highly doubt that, Izabell." Dorian replied softly, closing the distance between them. "I think you were meant to find your lifemate, not be 'assigned' one like some are. Just wait and see, you'll find the one you were meant to be with."

Dorian wrapped his arms around her and held her close, comforting her. Placing a kiss on her temple, he smiled against her skin, inhaling the faint, natural scent of her.

"Come on, enough talk of this. Something got Kariss in a tizzy earlier and I am too nosy to wait and find out. Let's go see if she is ok, shall we?"

Izabell
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:13:03 PM
"I think you were meant to find your lifemate, not be 'assigned' one like some are. Just wait and see, you'll find the one you were meant to be with."

She grinned as he embraced her, Seems the shoe was now on the other foot. He was giving her the same advice as she did him.

She closed her eyes as he kissed her temple. And could hear the faint sound of him inhaling her scent. That made her lips curl up at the ends, into a smile.

"Come on, enough talk of this. Something got Kariss in a tizzy earlier and I am too nosy to wait and find out. Let's go see if she is ok, shall we?"

She nodded and turned for her vanity table. She looked at him and smiled.

"Give me a second to look presentable please."

The she pulled out a small box and took out a soft pad..she gathered a small tube and squeezed some clea gell upon it and began to work it on her cheeks and under her eyes. As she finished that she glanced at him and grinned. Watching him watch her.....she took out a red square peice of paper and placed it between her lips and closed them....when she opened them to remove it, it left a red coloring on her lips....she stood up and grabbed a small glass jar and sprayed herself once.....then walking passed him, he caught the scent of jasmine......and she held her hand out to him.

"Alright, lets see what has my sister in this....."tizzy" you so call it."

Kariss
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:18:39 PM
Kariss paced the floor, her hands wringing as she realized she was going to have to face Fulkrehm when it came to telling everyone she was leaving to be with Ezra while he worked on his conditioning. She stopped pacing for a moment and raised her eyebrow...unless she didn't tell anyone she was leaving...well, of course she would tell Izabell.

She sighed, looking at the twins once more before going back to her pacing.

"Damn it, Ezra, why did you have to tell me that? Now I won't be able to rest until I am with you?" She muttered to herself in exhasperation, but she could not help the smile on her face as she imagined being with her lifemate again.