PDA

View Full Version : Bad Connections(Open)

Ace McCloud
Dec 15th, 2003, 11:10:20 PM
Ace needed some time to get away. Life for him had been pretty busy in the past month or so. Two battles with De'ville's little "group"(or so he called it). One small skirmish with her, and one with one of her little sith spawns, Grev Drasen. A trip to Ilum, all sorts of crazy things. He really needed some time to unwind.

He found himself at the bar of Yog's place, ordering the strongest drink he could think of. A sigh of delight signified the arrival of his much needed drink. It met his lips quickly and was chugged as fast as possible, wetting some of his beard.

His senses picked up as he suddenly wondered what kind of trouble was instore for him today...

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:17:04 AM
It was Rikki's second time in Yog's since her arrival earlier that morning, she had been there all of about fourteen hours. She'd had the grand tour of the medical facilities and the grounds, met another Padawan, got a job as a volunteer on the rehab floor...all was well. Now, all she needed to do was call Kack and have him meet her here and things would be better yet.

She entered with no problem at all and ordered a milk at the bar.

Rikki called Kack on her comm and smiled as he told her he was on his way. She looked around, the place was a lot busier than it had been eariler this morning.

She saw a man sitting in a booth chugging...something and decided to go talk to him for a bit before Kack showed up.

Walking over to his table, she asked kindly. "Care if I take a seat, Sir? You look like you could use some company."

Kack Mebuff
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:21:48 AM
Kack spoke briefly with the new padawan which he had met earlier that morning, Rikki Van Warren. She had invited him to meet her at Yog's. Truth be told, he probably would have ended up there by the end of the evening anyway, but it was always nice to actually have someone there to talk to. Rikki was a nice girl anyway, and a pretty one on top of it.

As the Jedi entered the Bar & Grill he gave a nod and a smile to the guards as he passed. They knew him well enough there and never bothered asking him about weapons anymore.

He sensed Rikki near the bar drinking a milk and talking with a strange male whose Force signature Kack didn't recognize.

"Good evening, m'lady," Kack said grinning, while giving Rikki a bow.

Ace McCloud
Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:19:17 AM
People, why did they even bother? He didn't ask to be bothered. Mixed emotions flowed through him. Some part of him wanted to be his normal, rude, and cold self, but some other part of him wanted to talk to someone. Something was very odd about him indeed. Some people call him cold, others just call him rude. He, simply, just does not care.

He set down his drink, now empty, asking for a refill. He fingered his mug, not even looking at her. Luckily, he didn't have to say anything for some other padawan came and met her before he had a chance to give his answer.

FireKat
Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:41:21 AM
Buuuuuurrrp!

The red-clad female behind Ace slammed an empty beer mug on the table.

"Brrrjing me anotherrr!" She shouted, to nobody in particular, but expecting immediate attention nevertheless. With a smirk, Firekat wiped at the foam on her lips with the back of her hand.

"Now, wherrre wasss jI...huh?"

Firekat blinked. The man at the table had apparently fled in the middle of her self-centered exhortations. The Cizerack's ears lowered a bit, offended that anybody wouldn't want to hear more about herself. Hmph. Forrda. Nobody appreciated a true Huntress anymore.

Blue eyes flitted sideways, in Ace's direction. In a moment of sudden decisiveness, Firekat stood up, intercepting her second beer from a frazzled waiter as she approached the Jedi's table, kicking a seat out and sitting adjacent to the Padawan.

Ace McCloud
Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:36:47 PM
Ace's eyes slowly changed from a brilliant blue to a dazzling red. The colors spun around freely, like thick paint in water. He looked up from under his hood at this Cizerack, his swirling, red eyes looking directly into hers. What was she trying to do? He automatically popped back into himself.

"What do you want?" He said with a chilling, scratchy voice.

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 22nd, 2003, 04:49:25 PM
Rikki smiled widely as she took her attention to Kack as he bowed. "Hello, Kack. It's good to see you again. Sorry, it was so late before I called. My new master showed me the ropes. I even got a room."

She noticed Ace's red eyes and wondered what he was on as the feline female talked to him.

FireKat
Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:19:44 PM
Firekat leaned forward, head close to Ace's, and her eye's showed a feral nature. Full lips broadened into a smile, from behind which two glinting white fangs could be seen. She spoke in a throaty purr, in a vague imitation of Ace's pseudo bravado.

"Fjirrrekat wantsss good companjy."

She stares at him for another second with the same wild look, and then leans back, chugging down her beer as she does. Little ribbons of liquid escape the sides of her mouth and run down her chin as she gulps, eventually setting the mug aside.

Ace McCloud
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:24:15 AM
Ace stays seated, not moving much, nothing orther than moving to drink. This definatly was an ood situation. Never before had he encountered such a person like this Cizerack.

"I'm afraid I'm not much company. Either that, or too much..."

FireKat
Dec 24th, 2003, 12:35:02 AM
A hand reached out, grabbing Ace by the collar, and pulling him toward Firekat, so that their cheeks pressed against each other. The felinoid spoke quietly.

"jYou'll sssujit Fjirrrekat jussst fjine."

Kack Mebuff
Dec 28th, 2003, 06:15:16 PM
Kack smiled widely at Rikki.

"No problem at all, I've actually been pretty busy today as well. Had some things to take care of," he said with a smirk.

"So, can I get you something to drink or eat?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 28th, 2003, 06:52:47 PM
Rikki smiled at him graciously. "You bought my breakfast, so why don't you allow me to get you dinner? It's the least I can do for your kindness this morning."

Kack Mebuff
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:10:50 PM
"No, no, I couldn't ... well, if you insist," Kack replied with a grin.

"Wow, I don't even know what to order."

The padawan browsed over the menu.

"What are you getting?" he asked Rikki.

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:16:29 PM
"I've been wanting something really bad. A bantha cheeseburger and some cheesy fries." She smiled as she slid into the booth right behind Ace and his new Feline companion. "I'd ask then to join us, but I think they are getting along just fine." She smiled.

Kack Mebuff
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:42:40 PM
"Mmmmm ... that sounds great! I might have to get one too! And I definitely agree with you about those two," Kack replied laughing.

A little R4 unit rolled over to take their orders.

"You first, m'lady."

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:00:32 PM
"Thank you." She smiled. "I'll take the Bantha Cheesburger with everything...no onion, and an order of cheesy fries and...a strawberry milkshake. Oh, and please bring the bill to me." She finished as she put down her menu and the droid turned to Kack.

Kack Mebuff
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:17:14 PM
"I'll have the same, just a vanilla shake!" Kack said.

He turned to Rikki.

"So, who's your Master? Do you like it here?"

Ace McCloud
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:13:47 PM
He could feel the hate rise up inside him. I was sometimes like a towering inferno making its way up his body. His natural instinct was to flash his aura of uneasiness, until he looked over at the Bar's guard watching him. He reluctantly let it pass. With a grunt, he ordered another drink.

He glanced over to the table next to him. This big fellow didn't act much like he looked. A big guy, gruff and unshaven, he looked like a brute of a warrior. But he acted almost the opposite, almost how this 'Firekat' should be acting. Maybe they switched personalities for a day...

Kack Mebuff
Dec 31st, 2003, 07:12:11 PM
Kack had read Ace's thoughts from not too far away. Using telepathy he spoke the man.

Would you care to join us, my friend? It seems you could use an escape.

Ace McCloud
Jan 5th, 2004, 06:05:11 PM
Perhaps...

Ace got to his feet and moved over to the table with the other padawans, hoping that she didn't follow him. However, maybe if she had any trouble for him to get into in, he might allow her to sit.

"Thank you..." He says from underneath his hood, still not comfortable with these people.

Rikki Van-Warren
Jan 6th, 2004, 08:17:55 PM
Rikki smiled at Kack. "Falcon Gyndar is my Master and I love it here." The man from the next table sat down with them. "Hi, I'm Rikki Van-Warren. It's nice to met you." She extended a hand of greeting.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 7th, 2004, 07:21:07 PM
"Grettings, friend. Looked like you needed to escape over there," Kack said with a welcoming smile.

He extended his large hand in friendship.

"The name's Kack Mebuff, Jedi Padawan to Zeke."

Ace McCloud
Jan 7th, 2004, 10:05:44 PM
He hesitated to shake their hands, but took them anyway. He was starting to get used to this friendship deal. He perfered a good fight rather than a handshake though.

"Aye. Ace McCloud. I am here at the order as well. You are lucky to have a master such as Zeke. I have met him once."

FireKat
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:59:41 PM
Ace suddenly felt his seat being pulled back from the table. From behind him, Firekat side-stepped his seat, and hopped across his lap.

"That wasssn't verrrjy njice. jYou almossst left Fjirrrekat aaallll alone. What a terrrrrrjible thjing to do."

Almost as an afterthought, Firekat acknowledged the others at the table.

"Oh."

She said matter-of-factly.

"Hello. jI am Fjirrrekat, and he jisss wjith me."

Kack Mebuff
Jan 8th, 2004, 01:53:29 PM
Kack smiled, "Many thanks for your compliments, Ace."

Suddenly Firekat leapt onto McCloud's lap. Kack's face turned to one of annoyment.

He spoke to Rikki telepathicly, "What is this idiotic creature doing here?"

Using what skill he had learned Kack turned to Firekat. "You will strike up a conversation with that man," he said pointing to a random patron at the bar. Kack hoped that this creature was weak-minded enough and he powerful enough for his Jedi Mind Trick to work.

Rikki Van-Warren
Jan 8th, 2004, 08:31:13 PM
Rikki was taken by surprise as she heard Kack's voice in her mind. She smiled in his direction and looked at FireKat.

Her eyebrows raised slightly as he made the suggestion for her to go talk to another.

Cool. Rikki thought to herself as she watched and waited to see what was going to happen next.

Ace McCloud
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:34:01 PM
Ace would not wait for the mind trick to work, he would not allow this kind of intrusion agaisnt him. He stood up forcefully, almost throwing her back a few feet. Instantly his aura of uneasiness flared up. It hit many patrons in the bar like a brick to the face, and the jedi in the area could obvisioly tell it was a trick of the darkside. He reached for his lightsaber, but fortunately it wasn't there. There was a reason the guards collected his weapons at the door, and this was one of them.

He could not fight in the bar, and he would honor his word. But his anger flowed through him and traces of the darkside came flowing back to him quickly. His master had neglected him since he joined the order and it had made a turn for the worst. The council had ordered someone to keep an eye on him and keep moments like this from happening, but she hadn't been there to do anything about it.

For those who saw his blue eyes before saw they were different now. They shown through the hood as bright red, almost firery. He would not fight but the uneasiness continued to radiate from him. He stood their looking at her.

"What the hell do you want, lady?" He said with a vicious voice.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:44:02 PM
"Despicable."

A nearby figure, entirely covered by stereotypical but comfortable black robes, stood from his seat and strode forward to face the little gathering.

"You-" a skeletal finger pointed at Kack, even as his voice lost it's cool contempt and became accusatory. "You used the Mind Trick on an innocent bystander, without just cause. Bad, bad thing to do. Almost Sith-like, and definitely contrary to the Jedi ethics. And you..." The finger shifted to point at Ace.

"You have no call to respond in this manner. Apologize to the lady. Instantly. Or I will be forced to take this outside."

Ace McCloud
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:32:13 PM
Ace cocked his head to look at the small figure.

"I don't recall having to answer to you, " Ace spoke with his low, raspy voice, "Do not dictate my actions kid." What was with all these people? This might be why he hated most of them. He had been like this all his life, cold and hateful towards the rest of his race if they dared to approach him and invade his space. Still, even joining the order several months ago he had hardly changed.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 12th, 2004, 01:58:31 PM
"Hmph! Sith-like you say? Nay, rather I used it to aid this man, for he has been troubled by this creature all night, though he has attempted to rid himself of her by his own means. Perhaps it was not the best call, but what makes you so righteous?"

Kack was now clearly agitated by the accusations brought against him and rather annoyed with the newcomer.

"And 'you will be forced to take this outside'? That in itself is quite contrary to Jedi ethics. Force is used only when completely neccessary, when all other means are exhausted. You are no better than the rest of us. Self-righteous bastard."

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:16:35 PM
The finger lowered, though otherwise the figure remained motionless. He spared only the briefest glance for Ace, instead focussing on Kack.

"You are not aiding him against anything he could dispose of himself." The acolyte's voice was flat. "You are merely ridding him of an inconvenience. This is where we are similar.

"Let us examine the evidence. You used the Force on her. Do you honestly think she could resist a compulsion like that? You robbed her of her free will on a whim.

"My threat of Force-" his capitalization was obvious "-was partially from chivalry, and partially because I detest abuses of power. And despite your insult to my parents, master Jedi-" in this case, it was the lack of capitalization that shone through "-I do agree with you.

"I'm no better than you, you see. You use overwhelming power. I am both capable of and prepared to do the same."

The shield he held around himself dissipated, revealing strength, resolve...and a large infusion of the Dark Side.

Rikki Van-Warren
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:58:33 PM
Rikki shifted her weight uncomfortably and remained quiet, she wasn't about to get into this on her first day at the Order.

FireKat
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:17:16 AM
Originally posted by Kack Mebuff
for he has been troubled by this creature all night"

Firekat's glowering blue eyes snapped to Kack, momentarily forgetting Ace.

"Crrreaturrre? CRRREATURRRE?!?!"

Shoving Ace away, the felinoid put herself up front and below the Jedi. Though her height and figure were diminuitive, she carried herself as if she were three times the size of Kack.

"jYou jinsssolent Forrda, jI ssshould beat jyourrr hjide jinto leatherrr!"

Kack Mebuff
Jan 14th, 2004, 08:05:52 PM
Kack's brow furrowed at Firekat's comment. He seemed troubled by this. He turned his attention away from Olra'en to Firekat.

"Perhaps I have wronged you, m'am. And now I see the error of my actions. And for that, I ask for your forgiveness. For I acted wrongly."

Then he turned his attention back to Olra'en.

"You, however, shall recieve no apology. For you acted just as injustly as I did. Fortunately, I am in no mood for a fight, or I would take you up on your offer to 'take this outside,' my friend."

Ace McCloud
Jan 14th, 2004, 09:50:24 PM
Ace sat by, taking it all in. He observed his potential opponents, though there would be no fighting in the bar, it was nice to know anyway. He could feel Olra'en's sith power. Unfortunatly, Sith were allowed inside the bar. Sith or no sith, Ace didn't think he was as strong as he was. But he tried not to think that way.

Krack handled the situation perfectly, he was someone who you would want to be "friends" with. Ace was irritated, but he didn't like attracting unwanted attention. It had already gotten out of hand anyhow. He didn't need to say a word, so he remained silent, standing there, trying to supress his urge to lash out at the kid infront of him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:27:35 AM
Ace's contempt was not hard to feel, and the reasons for it were simple to guess. The hood snapped to face him. Another hand emerged from the robe, and both pushed the hood back, revealing the speaker to be adult.

"My most sincere congratulations, master Jedi Kack Mebuff," Je'gan said, still looking at Ace for a brieft moment. "You have managed to take my basic impression of the Jedi and leave it exactly the same. Consider that I am a follower of the Dark Side, and you should get a decent idea of what my thoughts on your kind are.

"I didn't make an 'offer' to fight you, Mebuff. I made a challenge, one witnessed by two of your peers. If you had declined without first apologizing to our Cizerack - Trianii? Cathar? - companion, I would have deemed you dishonourable and taken no compunction whatsoever in killing you once you left this establishment. Possibly even before. I am a mentalist and a practitioner of Teras Kasi, and one way or another you would die. Jail would be a small price to pay for having ridden the galaxy of a racist coward who uses his powers indiscriminately.

"There's no reason to continue to try to bring me to your level. I have already acknowledged that I am no better than you. You would use your power to rob someone of free will. I would use my power to rob you of sanity, motor control, appendages, and/or life." He ticked the options off on slim fingers. "I am perfectly capable of accomplishing any of those."

Briefly, he considered, looking up and away from them, eyes vacant. When he finally looked down, his smile was not pleasant.

"I've decided, Mebuff, that your unneccessary insult to my parents warrants another challenge to replace that which you have diffused by your apology to FireKat. If you accept, I will contact the Jedi Temple with a time and place. If you do not, as soon as you leave this building your life is forfeit. Are you game, master Jedi?"

Ace McCloud
Jan 15th, 2004, 06:13:05 PM
Ace chuckled at the words of this 'all-powerful' sith.

"Surely, sir, your overconfidence will be the death of you," his raspy voice muttered, "do not be so sure of yourself. You forget you are on Jedi ground, apprentice. Whether or not you can defeat my comrad, I am not sure of, but I am sure that I would not allow my comrads to die infront of my eyes." He paused. "I certainly do believe in fights for honor -- which you may or may not -- but there is no such things a 'fair' fight, my friend."

If Ace where fighting, he would in no way allow anyone to interfere. His pride got the best of him most of the time, but to not help another was foolish. He did not know Kack. He didn't know how long he had been training, but he knew himself. Ace had trained for too long and too hard to be defeated by such a rash child.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:24:47 PM
Kack sensed the haughtiness behind this Sith and shook his head in dismay.

"I believe that I must agree with my companion. Your confidence will be your undoing. I will not openly enter conflict with you. Rather I offer this thought. My insult though indirectly aimed at your parents was not given with such intention rather aimed at you. For the insult I received from your lips in calling me one of your own. For being a Lightesider I am sure that you know how I feel about the Sith. So consider it an even exchange."

Kack smiled wryly.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:41:57 PM
"Naturally, I know how you feel, Mebuff. I often feel similarly towards your Order. However, I would maintain that there's a world of difference between describing an exhibited act and insulting those to whom neither you nor anyone should bear any grudge at all. And that is what you did, Mebuff. Calling someone illegitimate isn't an insult to them, it's an insult to their family.

"And while in the past I have often forgiven personal insults, a baseless slur to my parents is something that I won't forgive without a formal apology." His eyes seemed to bore straight through the older man's skull.

"My parents died three years ago in a traffic accident. I live to honour their memories, and for no other reason. Thus, it makes absolutely no difference to me that I am overconfident

"It makes absolutely no difference to me if I live or if I die in the course of exacting a personal justice. Side note, McCloud," he added, eyes not leaving Mebuff. "I daresay my sense of honour is a good deal stronger than that of most Jedi I've met. All, in fact, save two; Master Satine Capashen, and a bald man named Dust. Those two, I respect. You, I don't. Not at all.

"So keep in mind, McCloud, that your interference would earn you a coward's death."

Kack Mebuff
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:44:30 PM
"I apologize for insulting your deceased parents. And as I mentioned before, my insult was not aimed at them. And now I do beg your apology. For even though you are a foe, I should treat none with such disrespect. And especially not with an insult not directly aimed at them. And so you indeed have my deepest apologies."

Kack's face was solemn. He would not let his own pride get in the way of his true honor. He bowed at the waist.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 16th, 2004, 10:13:42 PM
"Hold that thought, McCloud," Je'gan snapped, still looking at Kack.

"It appears that there is a third name to add to the list. My apologies for rash words, master Jedi." He returned the bow to Kack. "My challenge is withdrawn. In fact...may I buy your party a drink? The other two names on my list of respectable Jedi were well worth spending time with, and I should like to return the favour."

FireKat
Jan 17th, 2004, 02:06:40 AM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en If you had declined without first apologizing to our Cizerack - Trianii? Cathar?

Firekat seperated herself, and moved towards Jegan.

"Don't everrr confussse sssuch lowerrr rrracesss wjith mjyssself. jI am a Cjizerrrack Huntrrressssss, farrr and above the pathetjic Trrrjianji orrr Catharrr!"

Assuming an arrogant stance, Firekat "Hmph"ed.

Rikki Van-Warren
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:08:46 AM
Rikki continued to observe the goings on, she felt no need to interfer. Things looked like they were going to be settling down now and the Padawan was glad of that.

She knew how she would feel if her parents or younger brother were killed and felt badly for Je'gan.

Rikki sighed as the feline was back into view, her hormones must've been a raging mass, She held back a giggle.

Ace McCloud
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:35:15 PM
Too bad the challenge was not given to him. He would gladly accept. And he would gladly prove his honor and respect, even to the likes of a sith.

"I am no fool. It would not be an act of cowardice, but rather of comradary and respect for my fellow padawan." Normally he had no feelings for others, and would simply let Kack die, but he felt something for comradary.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:06:01 PM
"I am sorry, Je'gan, but I must respectfully decline your offer, for I do not feel that my present company would approve. Perhaps another time."

The Jedi offered a smile in thanks.

"Ace, calm down, my friend, " he said placing a hand on his companion's shoulder, " There will be time to show your valor. But tonight is not the night. Sit, have a drink, take a load off."

Kack finally turned his attention to Firekat.

"Would you care to join us for a drink, m'lady? On me, of course."

It was time for Kack to make ammends for his actions.

OOC: Sorry about not being here. I was moving back to school and just got access to a PC today!

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 20th, 2004, 07:25:53 PM
"Understood," he replied, nodding in turn to Mebuff, McCloud and Van-Warren. Then he looked to FireKat.

"My apologies, miss. The only contact I have had with your species or the other two I mentioned is by book. I am pleased to make the acquaintance of a Huntress." He bowed slightly.

Ace McCloud
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:56:23 PM
He was in a bad spot now. He was not so much angry as bewildered. One of his comrads had just told him to calm down and he surely didn't take liking to that. Surely, things had calmed down now, but he still had unfinished matter. But continuing now would only make him look like a fool. He hoped he and the young sith would meet in the future. He saw Kack to be weak, apologizing and making amends. He saw no reason for it or certainly desired to do no such thing, ever.

But before Kack could read his thoughts, he raised his mental defenses. He had been probed once already tonight, that was too many in a lifetime. He went over and sat at the bar and ordered another drink, having enough of this entire ordeal.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:34:26 PM
"Ace, I apologize if I have offended you in some way, but it is not my manner to enter into combat when it is unnceccessary. I have done so in the past, and regretted it. Do not think me of weak character, rather see that I may have saved valuable time and energy for another day."

Rikki Van-Warren
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:54:26 PM
Rikki sat intently listening, learning even now. She wouldn't have really known how to handle such a situation on her own, so this in itself was a learning experience.