PDA

View Full Version : Guess who has tickets for Trilogy Tuesday?

Nevlonniel
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:37:33 PM
:D

Tomorrow I will embark on a journey that will take me through all three LOTR movies, starting with FOTR extended edition, followed by TTT extended edition, and to be concluded with an early screening of ROTK.

14 hours of LOTR watching goodness on the BIG screen!

Ah, my eyes ache already. :rollin

(And, yes, I'll be dressing up as Arwen... again. :p)

Alpha
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:08:16 PM
I so want to hurt you. lol. :)

Have fun!

Daen C'allyx
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:10:53 PM
Originally posted by Nevlonniel

...Seriously?

Sin Vamel
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:26:26 PM
I went to see FOTR:EE on Wednesday last week, then I went to see TTT:EE on Sunday night and I'm going to watch ROTK on Wednesday night and again this Sunday. i couldn't sit through all three in one day. :x

But have fun, Rie. :cool

Figrin D'an
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:32:33 PM
Trilogy Tuesday tickets were too expensive, IMO. It's a fun idea, but the theatres saw dollar signs and decided to rip people off.

I'll be there at midnight tomorrow the ROTK opener, though.

Ace McCloud
Dec 15th, 2003, 10:50:42 PM
I got the DVD's, thats enough for me. I don't think I could sit through 14 hours of that stuff, even if it is LOTR.

Tear
Dec 16th, 2003, 01:21:01 AM
Yeah they are having it here too. Something like 50 Dollars a seat. Which, I guess, for my theater would be something like a night out at the movies for 2 with popcorn and candy etc. So its not toooo bad if your going by yourself. Still a hit in the pocket though.

I think if a buncha my buddies were to go..id probably go too but by myself nah..I cant imagine how numb your butts gonna be :p
Sounds awesome though big screen for all 3....*drools at the eye candy experiance*

Bring some pillows for your butt though...specially if your in armor or something..nothing chaffs more then chain mail.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 16th, 2003, 03:14:25 AM
Originally posted by Nevlonniel

PICS I COMMAND IT!

Hunk
Dec 16th, 2003, 03:27:10 AM
I'm with good ol D'an. A great idea, and probably an assload of fun, but too expensive for my tastes

Zeke
Dec 16th, 2003, 06:29:13 PM
Zeke disapproves of the rabid fanaticism! Zeke will be staying home, and will duck and cover whilst the lot of you unload your ravings and anti-LOTR-hater sentiments at him.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 16th, 2003, 06:41:21 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
Zeke disapproves of the rabid fanaticism! Zeke will be staying home, and will duck and cover whilst the lot of you unload your ravings and anti-LOTR-hater sentiments at him.

Then why didnt you not post? Your views are well known. Leave us to pontificate and drool in peace.

Zeke
Dec 16th, 2003, 06:42:50 PM
Just to remind any that may have forgotten.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:19:54 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
Just to remind any that may have forgotten.

* sigh *

Get out the thread and let us LOTR nuts be in peace.

ReaperFett
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:23:41 PM
Well I refuse to leave! ;)

I second was Dasq said.....PICS ESSENTIAL, OR ELSE :D

I'll see it Thursday afternoon with my dad. I feel I have to go with him, I've done the rest with him :)

Ace McCloud
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:31:47 PM
Blast! I have a wrestling tourny all friday and saturday in chattanooga....I'll have to wait till sunday to see it -_- Perhaps thats the best idea anyway due to everyone wanting to see it Thurs.

Hunk
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:42:10 PM
A baseball bat wielding mob couldn't keep me away from the theatre tomorrow

ReaperFett
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:49:51 PM
Prove it! ;)

Ace McCloud
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:51:44 PM
::Grabs bat::

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:54:05 PM
12:01 am baby :D

I hope you're having fun Rie, and that your buttocks don't hurt too much. I think my legs would go numb, and then my knees would stop working. They're tricksey like that. :uhoh That being said, the tickets for Trilogy Tuesday here in Oregon sold out in four hours, and I tried to get them after they'd been on sale for 8 hours. :cry

It's probably better this way. Regardless! Midnight showing! It's raining and almost freezing cold here...:x I can't wait! :crack

ReaperFett
Dec 16th, 2003, 09:10:59 PM
Raining and freezing = you wont fall asleep :D

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 16th, 2003, 09:46:13 PM
I had trouble just sitting through TTT.

Can't imagine all three in one night, but if that's what you like have fun.

Alpha
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:25:04 PM
I just found out today that the tickets for the one around here sold out in about 10 minutes. lol. :)

Ace McCloud
Dec 16th, 2003, 11:03:18 PM
Originally posted by Alpha
I just found out today that the tickets for the one around here sold out in about 10 minutes. lol. :)

Personally...I think thats pretty fracking sad. Sure, its a great trilogy and all...but to wait overnight for $50 tickets, just so you can get it all in one big movie is really not worth to me. Go...do...uh...I dunno, something productive!

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 16th, 2003, 11:17:35 PM
Originally posted by Ace McCloud
. Go...do...uh...I dunno, something productive!

Oh, and errr.... your doing somthing productive, surfing the net?

My time per hour is worth a lot and yet, if I had the opportunity, I would certainly go into Trilogy Tuesday, without a blink.

Daen C'allyx
Dec 16th, 2003, 11:47:10 PM
I like the movies thus far but holy cow, wouldn't you keep having the urge to get up and go for a jog or something after sitting for so long?

Ace McCloud
Dec 17th, 2003, 12:52:51 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Oh, and errr.... your doing somthing productive, surfing the net?

Studying for exams....but most of the time I'm not. But either way, I don't think sitting through 14 hours of movies in one day is worth it, in my opinion. I don't neccesarily think that watching it for all that long is a waste of time, I just think waiting over night for tickets is (Which I assume a few people did, they sure as hell did for star wars). I plan to watch one or maybe both tomorrow after exams on DVD though.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 17th, 2003, 01:26:53 AM
You missed the point, it appears.

I just think waiting over night for tickets is

You are posting here at a messageboard, which when it is all said and done is just as time wasting and pointless. Now do you see the irony of your posts? Your telling THEM to do something productive?????

If they wanna do it, more power to them. At least ROTK looks like it will be worth the effort.

Ace McCloud
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:26:41 AM
You are posting here at a messageboard, which when it is all said and done is just as time wasting and pointless. Now do you see the irony of your posts? Your telling THEM to do something productive?????

If they wanna do it, more power to them. At least ROTK looks like it will be worth the effort.

And when it boils down to it, its a matter of opinion. I wasn't telling them as much as suggesting. Not like it makes any difference other than me entitling them to their opinion and giving them the power to do it. But to me it seems like a waste of time, while posting on a message board is not. But to them, obvisioly the former is productive and not a waste of time. The fact that either is a waste of time or if either is being productive is simply a matter of opinion -- thats the point.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:06:06 AM
The sound you are hearing is the point whoosing past, above your head.

kthxbye

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 17th, 2003, 10:56:41 AM
How to identify a LOTR fan (comic/cartoon) (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20031217.jpg) :)

Ace McCloud
Dec 17th, 2003, 11:02:50 AM
The sound you are hearing is the point whoosing past, above your head.

kthxbye

I don't think so. But it's all for shats and giggles anyhow, I just think you missed my defense. But I don't really care, as neither do you, so continueing would be stupid.

:lol thats pretty funny Das.

Tear
Dec 17th, 2003, 01:07:05 PM
Yeahh! Another CtrlAltDel Fan! (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com) I've been visiting that site for a long time now. But i usually dont give links because of the language..But They are wayyy wayy funny. Theres a few star wars ones too. They are great you should all check them out :)

Nevlonniel
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:38:38 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! :D

Yesterday was AWESOME! Yes, my butt went numb, yes my legs ached, but dammit, it was WORTH IT!

(For the record, the tickets I got were only $30, adding $1 for being a phone order.)

I went to the AMC 30 at The Block in Orange. HUGE theater. And good thing too as there were close to 600 ppl in the theater for the movie.

First they showed FOTR at 1pm (all times are PST) with a running time of roughly 3 1/2 hours for the extended edition. Then we had an hour break to get some food (because we were there for the Trilogy Tuesday making us special, all foods and combos at the concession stand were only $1) and go potty and have a trivia game. Then TTT was started at about 5:30pm with a rough running time of 3 1/2 hours for the extended edition. After that we had another hour break for dinner, which the theater provided (cudos to Papa Johns Pizza for providing the food) and a costume contest (Gandalf won... awesome costume with all the works, including his staff with glowing crystal). Then at 10pm came the BIG moment... an early showing before the rest of the midnight shows of ROTK.

ROTK was everything I was expecting and more so. I laughed, I cried, I felt frusterated, angry, elated, sad... every blinkin emotion you can think of ran through me.

I am going through such a heavy withdrawal right now... I MUST go see the movie AGAIN!!!

There were quite a few ppl there dressed in costume, though I have to say that only Gandalf, a Nazgul, another lady that looked like Rosie, and myself as Arwen were the only three with costumes that looked straight out of the movie. Most ppl were in generic costuems ranging from elves to peasents.

The AMC theater even had a camera crew going around interviewing ppl, especially those in costume. Yes, I got interviewed... of all places at the concession stand while I was waiting to get my hotdog and nachos... I told the camera it was very Elven. :p So, they will be putting together all the interviews and such and showing it before movies in the theater, so I might end up on the big screen!

Alas, for those of you that wished for pictures, no body from my group brought a camera, so no pictures were taken. BUT, I do have pics of me in the same exact costume from Halloween, and once I have developed those, I will be posting them up. So you'll still get to see me in costume. :)

And, on a last note, if you haven't already seen the movie... GO SEE IT!

:D

Oh! Forgot to mention we also got free goodies after we were set lose at 1:30am... three REAL (by real I mean real film, picture size film thing, but without the inverted coloring) film clips from the movies. :D:D

(I am now more determined than ever to go visit New Zealand. I found this awesome Travel agency that has tours specific to the LOTR movies where they take you to places were the films were shot and the like. Must. Go. Visit. Middle Earth. :rollin)

Ace McCloud
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:49:05 PM
ooooooo I kinda wish now that I coulda gone. But I know my theater wouldn't have done what yours did, mainly because all the theaters here are cheap bastards (except for maybe one...hmm..). That sounds great haha. I'm glad you had fun, I envy you now. If I can get tickets I'm gonna go tonight with my brother after his pitching lesson. But if I can't, I'll probably just come home and watch numero uno.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:50:25 PM
:: clears throat ::

Please place film reviews in the proper forum.

AmazonBabe
Dec 17th, 2003, 06:18:06 PM
Well, then, maybe you can move it and place a redirect? I posted this with the intention of just letting ppl know I'd be gone for the day cause of Trilogy Tuesday.

It kinda blossomed into this though. :lol

ReaperFett
Dec 17th, 2003, 06:23:02 PM
Notice how she uses the AB account to say the thread BLOSSOMED. Good one ;)

Alpha
Dec 17th, 2003, 06:37:12 PM
:) I didn't even notice that. :) lol

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2003, 06:39:39 PM
Since there is already a review thread in the BO forum and "Trilogy Tuessay" has come and gone, this thread will now be closed. Please take further discussion of RotK to the BO forum.

Thanks.