PDA

View Full Version : My Tribute to Billy Volek

Ace McCloud
Dec 14th, 2003, 03:38:05 PM
Billy Volek had his first career NFL start today, for the Tennessee Titans, because McNair's knee is injured. I have to say that was the best performance by a rookie I have ever seen. He played like an experienced QB would have! He outplayed Beldsoe by a long shot! Volek had 250 some odd yards while Bledsoe only had 110 (I think). If you watched any of the game, I know you know what I'm talking about. He had 2 40+ yard passes, each perfectly thrown and caught for a huge gain. I remember one pass he threw to Wycheck in between 2 defenders, it was amazing. You shoulda seen the look on Wycheck's face!

As for the game, it was great. I missed the first quarter but the other 3 were played amazingly. Well, the Titan's D struggled a little bit, but the offense was amazing. If we hadn't of had Volek, I don't think the Titan's woulda won. Now we have the wild card =)

CBS gave Volek a 97.5 rating =)

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 14th, 2003, 10:09:02 PM
Bah, damn rooks. Bill's shoulda won. *shakes fist*

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2003, 10:30:28 PM
He still didn't play as well as Manning and Green I think those two had almost perfect QB ratings

JMK
Dec 14th, 2003, 10:40:21 PM
I watched the whole Tennessee game and for a short series of 2-3 plays it looked like Volek was shaky and was about to come undone. But to his credit he held it together and then elevated his game like a real pro. He was sensational in his first start.

BUT, most backup QB's who are a game time decision end up having a good game because the opponents were preparing for McNair, not his back up. The same thing happened earlier this year with Baltimore and a couple other teams.

Ace McCloud
Dec 15th, 2003, 11:20:39 AM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
Bah, damn rooks. Bill's shoulda won. *shakes fist*

Looks like somebodies not going to the playoffs...who would that be...? Oh yea, the Bills. >D

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
He still didn't play as well as Manning and Green I think those two had almost perfect QB ratings

Very true.

Originally posted by JMK
BUT, most backup QB's who are a game time decision end up having a good game because the opponents were preparing for McNair, not his back up. The same thing happened earlier this year with Baltimore and a couple other teams.

Well McNair was hurt in last weeks game against the Colts. He didn't practice all week, they knew Volek would be starting. But theres a big difference between Volek and McNair. Volek throws bullets, hes got a cannon for an arm and picks his favorite reciever. He used Mason most of the time, who had a career high game. As for McNair, he spreads it around more. He's got a great arm but I think he plays more conservative.

I'm really lookin forward to him playing some more later in the season, hopefully. The Bills shoulda taken advantage of the situation...but nooooo lol. :smokin