PDA

View Full Version : Get n' Go at 'Em(J'ktal Anajii)

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 14th, 2003, 12:46:42 AM
Time to start really getting the training on the go. He'd started very slowly...which wasn't like him. Get n' Go at 'em, tiger..that was the Falcon Gyndar that most people knew.
So here it goes, and here he went.

A short while ago, Knight Gyndar had accepted J'ktal Anajii as a student. He knew that J'ktal would be a challenge, given all the training already acquired...But Falcon was up for the task. He'd gathered some items he regularily used for the type of training he'd be embarking on with J'ktal. Manipulation of the Force...objects...

He rubbed a smooth stone he had in his hand. And waited for the Death Shadow to arrive.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Dec 14th, 2003, 01:26:23 AM
His training would involve physical work, that much he knew. It would also be a test of his mental prowess, and his current Force abilities. J'ktal always thought ahead, and dressed accordingly. All in blacks and grays, with a few crimson accents, he exuded no warmth from his training uniform, and his black leather gauntet-like gloves creaked only lightly when he clenched his paws. Calling his lightsaber to him, the gray mongoose also picked up his katana before heading out of his room and down to the training hall.

J'ktal passed through the garden on his way, and peformed a few acrobatic steps across the pond steppign stones before using a tree branch to vault himself aross the tast of the water. It always felt good to have a little action in one's life.

But any sense of enjoyment was gone from his face and body when he passed through the door to meet with his new master. "Hello, Master Gyndar, I am here," he announced hismelf simply.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 16th, 2003, 05:10:50 PM
He moved his eyes from the stone to the student. J'ktal had arrived, and with good time. The knight tossed the smooth, black stone slowly, over and over in his hand. Falcon Gyndar then adressed the mongoose, in a smooth, deep voice.

"Afternoon, J'ktal. I trust you are well?"

His student gave a short, sharp nod.

Not a man of many words.

"Very Good. Today, we start training with one another. In the sense that I will have much to impart to you, and I will perhaps add to my skills as an instructor. We begin with Force Manipulation. Is there anything that you might already know on this subject?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:17:00 AM
J'ktal stood at half-attention, his left paw gripping his right wrist in front of him while his lightsaber hung from his belt, and his katana was suspended from some of the webgear stapped around his chest and over his shoulder on his back. His face was emotionless as he replied, "Which kind of manipulation? The ability to boost one's abilities for temporary as a form of organic telekenesis, or the ability to move objects through the force as a matter of coaxing it to react to your will? Or do yo mean the ability to make another do as you with through mental suggestion?"

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:29:00 PM
Falcon waited patiently as J'ktal asked for specifics, then answered.

"For the moment, I mean in the area of telekinesis. Mind over matter...Using the Force to manipulate matter. Like lifting a stone, such as the one in my palm..."

He opened his hand to show the smooth, polished black stone.

"...to calling things to yourself, or throwing them. Telekinesis, J'Ktal. I would say it is all mind over matter, for we are all matter, just like this stone....Just like these walls. As for controlling another being...well, I'd say that is edging more towards telepathy. Does this answer your query?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:55:22 PM
For an answer, J'ktal rotated his right paw so that the palm faced out, and the smooth black stone that Falcon held quickly shot into it, thapping lightly against the leather palm of his glove. Turhing the stone over in his grasp, J'ktal nodded. "I believe it does."

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 19th, 2003, 11:11:59 PM
This pleased him, to some degree.

"Excellent. Now, I know that you've had some training, by other masters..So I would like to know exactly what all you've learned from them..If you please."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:20:38 AM
J'ktal turned the stone over in his paw, then watched as it slowly floated up and levitated above his palm. His attention returning to his master, he replied, "I have learned elementary telekenesis, and subtle manipulaton of the Force. I understand how the Force is used, and what it is. I know the code of the Jedi, and how they operate. I also have learned a great deal of other skills, many of which I am not allowed to discuss, but those were known to me before I came here, and are not pertinant to your question."

The Death-Shadow sounded arrogant, but to him he was just stating a fact, and meant no insult by it. The small stone dropped back to his leather-gloved palm and he tossed it lightly back to Falcon. "Might I ask, what is your specialty? In the Force, that is. Like Master Hicchoru's telekenesis, and Master Relvinian's saber techniques. What is it that you are best known for?"

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:54:58 AM
The man nodded, taking in what J'ktal was saying, commiting the necessary to memory.

Falcon caught the stone, and a corner of his mouth moved upward. He dropped his hand, and clasped both hands together behind his back. His mouth straightlined.

"My specialty?"

Hmmm...

"Self-control. Mind over body. My senses are very sharp... like a blade you only have to touch to rip your finger from your hand. It includes my speed..this also translates into my combat skills. So...when some have seen me in combat, they mistake that for my specialty. My mind, J'ktal, works faster than what is deemed normal, even for those who are force-able."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jan 2nd, 2004, 02:02:44 AM
"Interesting," J'ktal replied, though his voice was flat and emotionless. However, his mind was far from unimpressed. So this Falcon character might actually be able to teach him something after all. Splendid.

"And what would you say to my knowing that I will be superior to you once I learn what yo have to teach? Does that threaten you, Master Gyndar?" He asked, a twinge of cockiness to his voice.

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:43:41 AM
His right brow quirked.

"Is that so, Mr. Anajii?"

His voice was deep...Cold. His face...His body.. expressing no emotions. Stone cold.

"It does not threaten me. I do not think in terms of superiority and inferiority, my student."

Falcon Gyndar's bright green eyes were attached to J'ktal.

"Rather, in terms of advantage and disadvantage. How do you think now?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jan 3rd, 2004, 01:45:38 AM
"Advantage is temporary, superiority is constant," J'ktal replied without pausing to think.

"Tell me, what is your honest impression of me, Master Gyndar?" He dropped one of his trump cards.

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 3rd, 2004, 03:40:03 PM
He thought about that one.

"I have no quarrel with you, J'ktal. Despite your profession..It is not my place to judge...I think well of you. As of yet, you have not wronged me...have not ruffled my feathers, so to speak. So my honest opinion of you, based on the short time I've known you..is a good one."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:54:49 PM
"Good, then we start on even footing," J'ktal replied. After how easy to push around Sage had been, J'ktal wanted to make sure that Falcon would have a stiffer backbone.

Sidestepping, the mongoose reached one paw over his shoulder, and the other behind his back to unclip his katana and set it on a high countertop that ran down one side of the room. Looking back to Falcon, he asked, "So, where do we begin?"

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 4th, 2004, 07:23:33 PM
Where do we begin? Well....

Falcon dropped the stone into one of his pockets.

"How fast do you run?" he asked.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jan 4th, 2004, 09:09:45 PM
"I can make a standard mile in three minutes and twenty-two seconds, if that is what you are asking. My pyhiscal attributes are among the top half percent of my race, with the exception of my left arm. But you know about that already, it was in the introduction letter I sent you."

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 14th, 2004, 05:28:42 PM
He thought.

"What do you say to a little race?"