PDA

View Full Version : 20 Ways to get kicked out of LOTR

Tear
Dec 13th, 2003, 11:59:42 PM
A few of them arent that bad. Good for a chuckle

20 ways to get kicked out of a Lord of the rings movie...

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theatre while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

9. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians

10. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

11. When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.

12. Dress up as old ladies and re-enact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

13. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

14. Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins

15. In The Two Towers when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

16. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

17. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Wally?"

18. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

19. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

20. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

Darth Viscera
Dec 14th, 2003, 01:47:20 AM
yes, i can see how that would be very aggravating.

Syo
Dec 14th, 2003, 03:22:37 AM
I've seen this list many times,but you seem to have got the short version

my favorite which is missing from your list is

When Aragorn and company enter the paths of the dead, wait a moment and declare loudly I see dead people!

Jedieb
Dec 14th, 2003, 10:08:33 AM
:lol

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 14th, 2003, 02:37:07 PM
WTLW

Daen C'allyx
Dec 16th, 2003, 11:55:43 PM
1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"

I think half the people in America did this. Or at least thought it.

8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

:lol, just the fact that I can now associate Sinatra with Tolkien is great.

Ishan Shade
Dec 17th, 2003, 12:48:15 AM
Originally posted by Tear

I like that one.....*ponders the possibility* :mischief

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 17th, 2003, 08:24:43 AM
Mine is still #2 Block the entrance to the theatre while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

I lmao everytime I read that :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 17th, 2003, 09:21:29 AM
I find the first one funny :lol

darth_mcbain
Dec 17th, 2003, 09:27:18 AM
I think half the people in America did this. Or at least thought it.

Guilty as charged... I can't help thinking about Elrond saying "I've got to get out of this... this zoo that you call Middle Earth..." :lol

Charley
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:16:16 PM

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts

9. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians

15. In The Two Towers when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

17. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Wally?"

I've done all these.

ReaperFett
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:23:35 PM
I laughed when Frodo was Spider-ed :)

Didn't he do this himself? ;)

12. Dress up as old ladies and re-enact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.
They did a scene anyway! "I'm not dead yet!" :D

You forgot one.

At the end of ROTK, ask where Elvis was ;)

Sean Piett
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:39:23 PM
I have a great story about my experience. Someone actually got kicked out.

I was standing in line with a 20-something guy from France. Very cool guy. He was drinking Jack Daniels, and a lot of it. He was also eating pot brownies.

Anyways, someone said something jokingly to him. So he pulled out a knife and threatened to kill him. The guy reported him as he was yelling obsceneties across the theater. This was about 15 minutes before the movie started.

Anyways, during the intermission, someone set her purse on his seat while he was gone. He returned, and took the purse. He cussed out the girl and threatened to beat her up.

Anyways, they didn't give him a second warning and he was taken off by the cops.

Sorry for the highjack. Back to the :lol ing!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:47:57 PM
Good grief!

We had about a bazillion misc. people dressed up in peasant costumes (not very LotR, but it was like being at a Ren. Faire, I think). There was one GREAT Eowyn, except the girl had brown hair, and a few good Hobbits. With bare feet no less. It had to be about 40 degrees out, and rainy too.

In the line outside the theatre some people dressed as characters got married. I wasn't there for that, but Kevin my friend holding the place in line was. Can you imagine getting married in a parking lot?? :x

ReaperFett
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:53:35 PM
Imagine telling the kids. "We were married next to the car. We were dressed as Hobbits" :D

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 18th, 2003, 11:39:49 PM
Blah. I don't know. Going to see a movie in costume is a bit much. I'm waiting a few weeks before I go see it just so I won't have to have the movie interrupted by people shouting and cheering.

Cheer and be loud at football games. At the theater, you be quiet. Besides, it's hard to pay attention when you're being bugged by the people around you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:35:23 AM
There was some clapping and cheering in the showing I went to...It sort of bugged 'cause it went over some of Gandalf's lines.

That's why we go to movies more than once. ;)

Daen C'allyx
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:42:54 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
In the line outside the theatre some people dressed as characters got married. I wasn't there for that, but Kevin my friend holding the place in line was. Can you imagine getting married in a parking lot?? :x

Yes, but think about all the tacky pictures they'll be able to treasure forever. :)

Garrett Blade
Dec 19th, 2003, 03:19:12 AM
During one of the really quiet moments, there was this really loud noise of a drinks can rolling down one of the aisle's. Everyone in the theatre must have seen it! I just thought "Fool of a Took!"

Charley
Dec 19th, 2003, 08:26:51 AM
I got dressed up for AotC, but I could never do it for a LotR movie. It just isn't something I get worked up over.

ReaperFett
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:51:24 AM
I think it'd be great to see LOTR dressed as a Stormtrooper :D

And Wei, you should see movies in Britain. Generally silent barring whispers. Loudest thing I remember was "Oh for.......sake!" when the "ending" turned out to not be the ending and there was more. Made me smile :)

AmazonBabe
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:14:19 PM
I dressed up for both AotC and RotK! And I made sure I looked goooooood.

No cheap peasant stuff for LOTR, mind you. I'm talking authentic movie costumes.

But then again, I'm CAWAZY! :D

*tsk tsk* "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Well I NEVER!"

ReaperFett
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:18:07 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
I dressed up for both AotC and RotK! And I made sure I looked goooooood.

No cheap peasant stuff for LOTR, mind you. I'm talking authentic movie costumes.

Prove it :)

imported_Arriana Rezner
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:23:43 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I think it'd be great to see LOTR dressed as a Stormtrooper :D

And Wei, you should see movies in Britain. Generally silent barring whispers. Loudest thing I remember was "Oh for.......sake!" when the "ending" turned out to not be the ending and there was more. Made me smile :)

The only noise I heard was people going "SHHH!!!" if someone was breathing too loudly

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:29:36 PM
lmao...you have to put up with screen hecklers and cheering in America. In RotK we only had cheering. Gandalf kicks some serious behind and got most of the cheers.

I kept leaning over and whispering to my boyfriend "She's always hungry...and after she leaves the bones...and empty clothes...then we gets it, my precioussss."

Okay, I only did that once. :angel

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:31:29 PM
I clapped quite loudly after Legolas downed that elephant thing. He just looked so damn cool! There was also some cheering/laughing as the hobbits went into battle, looking tiny compared to the rest of the fighters. Gandalf did totally kick butt though. I couldn't help but grin when he was whirling that staff around into peoples faces! :D

ReaperFett
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:33:09 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I kept leaning over and whispering to my boyfriend [spoiler]"She's always hungry...and after she leaves the bones...and empty clothes...then we gets it, my precioussss."

Okay, I only did that once. :angel
Did he run scared after that? ;)