View Full Version : The future of the Empire

Alexi Hesith
Dec 13th, 2003, 12:58:18 PM
Following discussions with Telan I w ill be assuming the ic role of Emperor, under the name of Tiberius Anar. Telan will remain ooc leader of the Sovereignty, but ic I will be de facto leader.

The role will be a political one; negotiating treaties, appointing moffs, finding money, and making policy. Telan has also asked me to develop this sort of roleplaying within the Sovereignty.

I will post a detailed treatment of my plans in the near future for your purusal. I look forward to working with all of you.

R. S. Esalis
Dec 13th, 2003, 05:40:36 PM
You and I will be having many discussions in the near future.

Teleran Balades
Dec 14th, 2003, 10:12:56 AM
Is Telan gone on a trip or something? He hasn't posted in Vengance, Power and Glory for a couple of days.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 14th, 2003, 11:02:44 AM
I knew this, good to have you here.

Note: Command of the Imperial armed forces remains strictly under Desaria's control. Think Kitterix style rule.

Alexi Hesith
Dec 14th, 2003, 02:19:36 PM
This is correct. Telan will retain command of the Armed Forces, with Jarek (hello) responsible for the army. I am no tactician and could never hope to run the armed forces myself, although I will rely upon them.

What Telan and I have worked out, briefly, is this. Tiberius Anar will have been a leading member of Xaltin Bacta. He became CEO with Desaria's help, and now funnels money into the Empire. This money gives Anar his hold over Desaria and, therefore, the armed forces. This will have all come about at some point shortly after the GE fell apart- a story I will be developing this week.

I have a hold over Telan, who started the Imperial Sovereignty, so I will control it through him. My model is Augustus Caesar the first "emperor" of Rome. He was never officially called Emperor, he was actually the First Citizen. He controlled the Empire by paying the salaries of the army.

Eventually Tiberius Anar will be declared Emperor, probably after a glorious campaign, and become the figure around which a new Empire will be born!

*preens*

But for that I need your support and ideas. The rough outline I have, but the details depend upon you. And ooc character, like I said, Telan will still be in charge.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:00:49 AM
As for the 'glorious campaign' then why not let it be once the Imperial Remnant is fully subdued? That will be a fairly defineing moment of Imperial history, what with the Remnant and Sovereignty being re-united. Alterniativley wait for a while until the Bestine campaign.

Will you be making an introductory thread in Rping?

Alexi Hesith
Dec 15th, 2003, 08:22:13 AM
Thank you Jarek, an excellent suggestion. I am as yet unaware of some of the developments- re-unification of the Sovereignty and Remnant seems fairly significant. Perhaps you could give me the general lie of the land as far as the military situation is concerned?

As for an introductory thread, I will be doing one with Telan to establish our relationship before moving it along towards my assuming power. That will be in Storytelling tonight/tomorrow.

My grasp of Imperial history is, BTW, is somewhat vague. It goes something like this- Viscera ruled the Empire after Palpatine. He disappeared and the military commanders seized control of the Empire. Telan took Tyferra and other systems to form the Imperial Sovereignty and has spent the last few years battling to reunite the empire under his rule. Is this correct? If so how long has it taken? And has it got beyond the purely military stage?

Jarek T'chort
Dec 15th, 2003, 10:07:57 AM
http://69.56.186.201/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32221

What happened was, the Empire fell apart after Endor. Grand Admiral Thrawns campaign against the NR brought the Imperials back into the picture, however, following his defeat, the Empire fell away again to be led by the likes of Admiral Daala and its resources and planets were squandered in useless offensives before Admiral Paelleon negotiated a peace with the rebels some fifteen years post-Endor.
The Imperial Remnant and the NR co-existed until the Yuzhann Vong invasions that dismembered the galaxy. Finally, a joint effort pushed them out of the galaxy.

Following this, Darth Viscera re-formed the Empire which was at its largest since Endor. However, another Vong invasion shattered the galaxy and again, a joint Imperial/NR fleet, led by Viscera drove the Vong from the known galaxy. However, the fleet was destroyed and lost. The Empire split up into several factions, the largest being the Imperial Sovereignty under Desaria. The Imperial Federacy under Vice Diktat Khendon Sevon was near the Core and has become shut off from the galaxy, though their technological advances are superior to the Imperial factions or the NR. The Imperial Remnant was re-formed under Admiral Lei Lebron, again, they became very insular.

Grand Admiral Taylor Millard formed another faction, the Balmorran Empire, which, though small, has a sizeable millitary and is an ally of the Sovereignty. They are in the midst of a civil war after their Emperor, Tyrell Kitterix, subverted Millard and has yearnings for an Empire for himself.

The Imperial Sovereignty was able, in a sucession of bloody campaigns, to carve out a large chunk of the galaxy. With the monopoly on Bacta and Tibanna gas, the Sovereignty then turned to the Imperial Remnant. Grand Admiral Desaria's friend Vice Admiral Anatoly Sokolov was planning to surrender the Remnant to the NR, but was killed by Imperial Intelligence before he could do so. Desaria was therefore forced to lead an armada to the Bastion system to take over the Imperial Remnant before the NR did.

Currently the Empire proper holds Bastion, but the world of Yaga Minor is holding out with great vigour, slowing the massive ground invasion. It is only a matter of time however, before the world is subdued. After that, the war will be taken fully to the NR, the Empire is at its strongest since the Fragmentation now. The Imperial Fleet is far larger too, what with the ship yards over Thyferra and the ship yards over Sith-occupied Corellia.

Phew. Well there ya go, if I'm missing anything Telan will fill you in.

Alexi Hesith
Dec 15th, 2003, 01:44:54 PM
Again my thanks. I have begun my thread-
A matter of business (http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33530)

Telan Desaria
Dec 15th, 2003, 05:30:40 PM
I have no internet access over the weekend - that's why I did not reply. I apologize for that. But I am back now (this week) and let's get going.

The thread A Matter of Business will establish the relationship between the future emporer and the SupComGalEmpArmFos.*

After the conclusion and conquest of the Imperial Remnant and the Syndicate's colonies, we'll be annoucing (again) our reformation of the Empire and the coronation of Emperor Tiberius I.

** I have been practicing my amerikan military acronyms. thoughts?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 15th, 2003, 06:01:03 PM
** I have been practicing my amerikan military acronyms. thoughts?

you should learn how to spell correctly before trying out acronyms :p

Teleran Balades
Dec 15th, 2003, 06:19:06 PM
:lol

Jarek T'chort
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:39:14 AM
Lol, needs practise Matt.

Telan Desaria
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:22:25 PM
stop laughing. That's an order!!!

Alexi Hesith
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:38:45 PM
Do you mind, I'm ruminating here!

I wonder if the best way for me to become Emperor wouldn't be to replace the current Chancellor? I would first need a way to be in line for the post, and then to remove Nostrduam. Once I'm Emperor I could appoint a more compliant Chancellor as a sort of chief servant. Thoughts?

Tear
Dec 19th, 2003, 03:44:37 PM
*Arches an eye brow while cracking his knuckles*

I could lend a hand there..that is if its in Imperial intelligences interests to do so..or maybe just mine:cool

Telan Desaria
Dec 22nd, 2003, 04:17:42 PM
Do as you wish while I am away...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:52:24 PM
Do as you wish while I am away...

you just screwed the pooch, buddy >D

Tear
Jan 7th, 2004, 04:17:44 PM
Whats with S'll and animals.. freaky woman. You leave mans best friend alone!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 7th, 2004, 04:39:47 PM
:|

its just an expression. drop it