PDA

View Full Version : Three more up for Batman

ReaperFett
Dec 12th, 2003, 06:30:27 AM
Joining Christian Bale and Michael Caine:

Katie Holmes http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=552
Viggo Mortenson http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=554
Cillian Murphy http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=559

Now, Mortenson isn't signed, but if Caine says Nolan is after him, I'd call that reliable.

Mortenson as Rah Ghul (Or whatever his name is), Murphy as Scarecrow y'think?

And a great part from an interview with Caine:

Will you do more than one Batman? I’ve got a three picture deal. I’ve never had a three picture deal in my life. I feel like a blonde with big boobs. They always get a three picture deal. I never got one, and this is it. And I didn’t have to screw the producer or nothing.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:22:55 AM
Of course this is speculation, we might be wrong about who the bad guys are. I guess we will have to see.

Ishan Shade
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:31:24 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I feel like a blonde with big boobs. They always get a three picture deal. I never got one, and this is it. And I didn’t have to screw the producer or nothing.

:lol priceless.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 12th, 2003, 11:05:46 AM
Katie Holmes?! Wouldn't have been my first choice.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 12th, 2003, 11:18:42 AM
Um...I don't think Viggo would really be a good choice for that part.

Abagael Zellan
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:09:33 PM
Yeah, even though he's just the cutest thing ever (and a great photographer), I just can't picture him in Batman.

JMK
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:25:46 PM
Even though he was an established actor before LotR, I think he's just about typecast now. I believe most people are going have a hard time picturing him as anything but Aragorn from now on.

Jedieb
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:28:53 PM
And I didn’t have to screw the producer or nothing.
Michael Caine is such a liar.

Abagael Zellan
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:52:51 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Even though he was an established actor before LotR, I think he's just about typecast now. I believe most people are going have a hard time picturing him as anything but Aragorn from now on.

I don't think of Aragorn at all when I look at his next project, Hidalgo. He just looks so vastly different in the LOTR films from his real appearance that it isn't a problem for me.

TCM'74
Dec 13th, 2003, 01:16:17 AM
Mortensen? And Murphy? Beats me what villians they would represent. But it would have to bigger ones besides those already taken by the 'other' franchise of the nineties -- Joker, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Riddler, Penquin, or Two-Face.

Ras Al-Ghul, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Clayface, Man-Bat, and Anarchy were some big ones.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2003, 02:16:27 PM
"We start when Batman is a baby, so I'm more like a father," Caine said in an interview. "I'm a father who knows how to lay a table with the knives and forks in the right places."

Sounds interesting. I was going to see it anyway (Bale, DUH ;)) but I'm definetely interested in seeing it for other reasons now. :p