PDA

View Full Version : F-R-E-E-D-O-M, alas!! (Open)

Dan-Luke
Dec 9th, 2003, 09:24:34 PM
Eight years he'd been away, eight years he'd been living in the lap of luxury, eight years of pleasing women...eight years of being in the Dark Angels.

The city was still the same, but he'd gotten himself a nice apartment in the upper levels and now was in need of a job of some kind. Just to pass the time really, he really didn't need to work, ever.

But, Dan-Luke wasn't one to lay around getting fat, he needed to do something with his time. But, what?

For the past several days he'd been wondering the streets of Coruscant, looking for something to come out and grab him...but nothing did, so he found his way to the B&G.

Showing the guards he had no weapons, he entered. The crowd seemed decent enough as he walked in and took a seat.

A server droid showed up and the ex-Dark Angel ordered a Martini on the rocks. He sat back and sighed as he awaited his drink.

Core Mebuff
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:48:01 PM
Hunter walked into the Jedi Bar, his heavy Mandalorian battle armor clinking as he walked.

He disarmed at the door. Handing over it all this time, even his wrist gauntlets.

Being a bounty hunter and all, Hunter scanned the room for any possible prey. There were some nice bounties on some of the Jedi, but, as usual, they weren't worth the trouble.

As he scanned one of the patrons he noticed that he was an ex-member of the Dark Angels. His name was Dan-Luke. Unfortunately, there was only a tiny bounty, not worth causing trouble in the Jedi bar, probably someone that had crossed paths with the guy and just didn't like him.

Hunter decided to strike up a conversation with Mr. Dan-Luke.

He plopped himself down at the man's table.

"Care if I join ya'?" Hunter asked from underneath his heavy helmet.

Dan-Luke
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:34:34 PM
"Sure, Mate." Dan-Luke answered as his drink was placed in front of him. He paid the server, then it went to Hunter.

"Drink, Sir?" it asked in a metallic voice.

Core Mebuff
Dec 13th, 2003, 12:35:18 PM
Hunter eyed the droid from behind his view mask.

"No, no thanks. Not tonight."

The bounty hunter turned his attention back to Mr. Dan-Luke.

"So, you used to be a Dark Angel, right? I'm sure that used to be a nice gig for you, eh?"

Hunter smirked, behind his helmet.

Dan-Luke
Dec 13th, 2003, 10:17:03 PM
Dan-Luke nodded as he took a drink. "Very good gig, but even those tend to grow old after a while. Lookin' for something new, now."

Core Mebuff
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:24:56 PM
Hunter chuckled.

"I hear that. This s**t is getting real old," he said gestuing to his armor.

"There's no thrill of the hunt anymore. I got into the business for revenge and never got out."

Hunter shook his head in dismay.

"But it pays well..."

Dan-Luke
Dec 21st, 2003, 03:27:52 PM
"Yes, my era in the Dark Angels paid well too. And the women...that was just the beginning. No man knows the feeling of constant swooning of women, until he's the only male of the Dark Angels. So sweet they are and they were all mine for eight years." He laughed slightly and took a drink. "Probably wondering why I left? Even though I had it all, I missed being out amongst the real world."

Core Mebuff
Dec 28th, 2003, 06:29:22 PM
"The real world? Heh! I'm getting sick of the real world," Hunter said hailing down one of the servo-droids.

"Gimme a beer," he said, "an expensive one. None of that watered down crap!"

The little R4 unit rolled away as Hunter removed his helmet. All that was revealed was another mask that covered all but his mouth and eyes.

"So how long you been 'free,' Mr. Dan-Luke"?

Dan-Luke
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:25:51 AM
"About forty-eight hours now and loving every minute of it, Mr...." Dan-Luke didn't even know the guys name.

Core Mebuff
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:45:30 PM
"Call me Hunter. I would say my friends call me that, but I don't have too many of those. And my family's dead. I lost my last relative to a thermal detonator."

Dan-Luke
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:11:28 PM
"Well, I'm sorry to hear that, Mr. Hunter. It must've been a terrible loss." Dan-Luke told him with a sorrowful glance.

Core Mebuff
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:40:58 PM
"Indeed," he muttered, "never caught the scum bag who blasted 'im either!"

The R4 unit returned with Hunter's drink and set it on the table. The bounty hunter threw some credits on the tray, more than enough for the drink.

"Keep it," he said, downing the beer.

"Feh! Never had much of a taste for the pre-made crap. I like brewin' my own. What about you? What do you do in your free time?"

Dan-Luke
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:38:39 AM
"Well, to tell ya the truth, I'm not so sure yet. This is the first time I've had 'free' time in eight years with no females around. But, right now I'm just enjoying the drinks and the freedom. Nothing quite like it."

Core Mebuff
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:32:57 PM
"Freedom? A novel concept. We're all slaves to the all mighty credit my friend. But I'm sure you've got your share of those anyways. Mine keep getting poured into my ship," he paused for a moment.

"But at least it goes to good use."

Dan-Luke
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:46:01 PM
"I broke out of my slavery, Hunter. Now, I just need to find my way, which at the moment I'm not too sure of. I was planning on just seeing what is out there for now." He took another drink.

Core Mebuff
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:13:32 PM
Hunter nodded.

"Well, find a path that will not lead you to the corrupt paths of the damned, as I have. I feel as though I have lost my way in a forest and now am forever doomed to walk the path that I never sought out."

Dan-Luke
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:10:52 PM
"I'm probably as damned as one can be. My lifestyle is not suitable for the outer world. It's time I made a change, maybe draw on some of my other talents I left behind years ago."

Core Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 03:54:29 PM
"Might be in your best interest... I got lost a long time ago. And it's going to be a long time before I find my way back. In too deep now."

Hunter ordered a mixed drink from the servo-droid and returned to his conversation with Mr. Dan-Luke.