PDA

View Full Version : The Serpent's Nest (Open)

Raut Daksoi
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:10:10 PM
-:: There is a hiss. A quiet thwap, and a hollow rustle follows. Three or four nearly inaudible brushes, and a click. A pat as his hat lands on the bed is next, and the blind man wonders what any onlooker would have just seen. He has to wonder, because sight is the one sense beyond his power. The day-to-day tasks of opening a door, walking throguh it without knocking one's garments against the frame, and turning on a light-switch would be unthinkably difficult to anyone without Raut's Force-sensitivity, the sense he has relied on since his blindness became. ::-

-:: He sees the room as objects and shapes; colour means nothing to him, and detail is nothing but a far-gone memory. He asseses the safety of his new living quarters, but finds them too cramped for his liking. He needs the outdoors, he craves the sounds and petty delights of nature. Anyone with sight would think it strange that the seven-foot behemoth could take so much joy from such simple pleasures, but they would also find his yellowing, gaunt face - now revealed thanks to the removed hat - disturbing. They would see the crude bandages he had made from scraps which covered his quickly decaying jaw, and they would most likely flee. His bald head and blank white eyes would only serve the illusion that Raut would sooner kill a man than speak in a civilised manner; although they would be half right. ::-

-:: After a few moments, he deems the room fit to be his home, and crosses it to the window. His long arm reaches up and slides the window roughly open; it catches several times through lack of use. After all, what Jedi would open a hatch this many floors up? He pokes his head from the window, and turns it first left, then right, smelling and hearing whatever there is to be smelt or heard. He 'looks' back inside with his mind's eye, and drops the long brown trenchcoat from his shoulders. Wearing only a pair of leather trousers around his legs and bandages around his shoulders and upper-arms, the long pony-tail which he has somehow managed to preserve through countless brawles and battles is on full show. It streams from behind him as he launches his lean body from the window, riding the air resistance until the first of the building-tops come close enough for him to reach. He curls and twists his body, shaping it so that he may change his course to the hundreds of possible climbing aids. First a weathered hand clings to a pole, he doesn't sense what its purpose is but it fits the one he has in mind. He swirls his body this way and that, catching on walls and launching from platforms. Finally he is at the ground, and he lands with the elegance of a falling leaf. His body bends to roll with impact, and he straightens, extending his spine and clicking out the nooks which had gathered on the journey to Coruscant. He senses people are around, but he cannot tell what they are thinking of him in the same way he cannot tell their facial expressions. He only cares that there is nature near; he can smell a close-by park. ::-

Estelle Russard
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:28:15 PM
Estelles eyes move to follow the tumbling form of Raut as he rolls out of his "fall" along the grass infront of her.

Sitting quietly, enjoying the warmth of the morning sunshine against her face, she had expected to see a bird perhaps, a squirrel here or there darting in and out of the brush collecting food as it could.

But never did she expect to see a grown...man..travel passed her toes in such an unusual manner.

Where on earth did he come from? She looked in the direction he'd arrived from, took in the high frame of the GJO Living quarters tower and her brow furrowed incredulously.

Raut stands and cricks the kinds from his back, Estelle watching after him.

This is very peculiar.

Sitting forward a little, she calls after him before he strides away.

"I say - excuse me there, sir" she waves at him, unaware he cant see her.

Raut Daksoi
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:59:54 PM
-:: Daksoi stops abruptly, and turns his body to face the sillhouette he has sensed. He 'sees' she is a woman, he 'sees' she is waving, and he hears her voice calling to him, but he cannot see the beauty of her face, the light glistening in her hair, or the puzzled expression she holds. ::-

-:: His head doesn't swing after his body until a moment later, perhaps a clue to the onlookers of his disability. He doesn't think of how his stunt may have looked, but interstingly he wonders why she may be calling to him. ::-

"Yes, Jedi?"

Estelle Russard
Dec 7th, 2003, 04:10:18 PM
Estelle stood now, realising that there was something amiss about the fellow.

He tilted his head in the angular way people do when they are listening intently, trying to catch to them a faint breeze or perhaps vibrations.

Raut didn't look directly at her, or more correctly, at her face and so it became obvious to Estelle that he could not see her too well.

"Um.." his greeting was very forthright, confident. Estelle wasnt quite sure how to start.

"Um..I....Do you always leave a building that way?" She was smiling as she hoped to break the ice with a joke. Belatedly, she realised he couldnt see the smile. She added a delayed small laugh which sounded very weird and awkward.

Estelle felt she was making quite a hash of things.

Raut Daksoi
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:03:01 AM
"No."

-:: Daksoi turns and starts of on his quest for the plants he can smell so vivdly through the bandage covering the lower part of his face. His long legs take their first few steps, swinging to and fro like pendulems, and he stops abruptly. His first thoughts were that the Jedi was being polite, but now he questions her intents. His head snaps backwards, his white eyes staring back at her coldly. ::-

"I am going to the park. You will come?"

Estelle Russard
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:10:15 PM
There was quite a shift in Raut's manner toward her, and Estelle was a little stunned as he turned to walk away.

Watching after him, she was surprised yet again as he invited her to join him in the park. Atleast, she thiought it was an invitation. Perhaps it was a challenge, the thought occured to her a late step behind her feet which had already moved to catch up to him.

"Yes, I will, if you dont mind. You are new here - Ive not seen you before.." She found she was watching the ground ahead of him preparing to warn him of any dip or rise that may trip him as he walked. But it seemed an unnecessary effort on her part.

"My name is Estelle Russard, I am a Knight of the Order here." She fished unspoken for his name.

Raut Daksoi
Dec 10th, 2003, 05:39:27 AM
"I am Raut Daksoi. I suppose I am..."

-::He pauses, having not thought of himself as a Jedi yet he is slightly taken aback by his rank. ::

"A Jedi Initiate."

Estelle Russard
Dec 12th, 2003, 10:51:44 PM
"It is nice to meet you, Raut"

He could hear the smile in her voice.

"Do you mind if I walk a little with you, talk a while?"