PDA

View Full Version : It had to be "Gue" (Figrin, open)

Dakota Gue
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:15:19 AM
The last time Dakota had seen Figrin D'an, he had been quite under the weather. Decidedly so. The poor man had barely been able to keep upright on his feet, and though he tried to downplay his obvious discomfort at the time, Dakota was not one to be easily duped.

D'an's Jedi friends, Morgan Evanar and Amazon Babe, had seen through it too, as had Denali (she was alwas so clever), but Figrin's insistance that he would be fine, just needing some rest perhaps had been everyones que to allow the stoic Jedi Master to part from their company and seek comfort in his own quarters.

Dakota, enjoying the hospitality of the Order and staying much longer than originally planned, along with her twin sister, had kept a sharp eye out for D'an. But he so far had been as elusive as the great houdini of old. Ko had even heard his voice echoing in the grand halls and corridors of the Academy, but despite moving quickly to follow the sound, her search was always fruitless. Over time, and repeated instances, this had made the Gue twin suspicious.

Today, she hoped to have better luck.

Today, she was prepared.

Instead of the heraldic clack-clack-clack of her strappy pumps, Dakota had changed her footwear for soft soled slippers. They were ugly slippers actually, and Ko had tried to pretty them up by pinning plastic sunflowers to their toe, which looking at them again now, she saw had only served to make them more grotesque.

But she couldnt worry about that now. She was outside Figrins door.

She closed her eyes and leant toward the door slightly in her best "Jedi" trance imitation. She tried very hard to sense if the Jedi Master was inside. And if anyone asked, she would sagely tell them that the force is not with her today and that she isnt sure..

With a sharp, perfunct rap on the door, Dakota resumed her pert, attentive stand and hoped for the door to open.

Figrin D'an
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:13:40 PM
Tock tock.

Though he heard the knock at the door, he ignored it momentarily.

The day had crawled on slowly, for reasons undeterminable. Figrin's day was not slated to be busy, beyond some light training and a conference call with the Senator from Chandrilla. After he had completed his morning workout, he had returned to his quarters with all due haste. The Gue sisters, much to his chagrin, had remained on the GJO grounds as guests for far longer that he had hoped. This would have been bad enough, but combined with the fact that they seemed just as curious about his health as had many of his Jedi peers, the sisters seemed intent spending even more time with him than intitially intended. Avoiding them was becoming part of his daily routine, and was becoming increasingly more difficult. So far, though, they had not actually come to his quarters, resorting instead to attempting to catch him in the hallways.

Tock tock.

Again, he heard the tapping at his door. Reluctantly, he put down his book, got to his feet and strolled to the door. Nearly tapped the console to greet the unexpected visitor, he stopped short, and considered whom it might be. He shuddered at the thought. If it was the sisters, the rest of his day would be ruined.

Figrin closed his eyes and reached out with the Force. He tried to see past the door and sense the presence of person waiting on the other side. The aura was hazy, and despite his struggle to concentrate, it didn't come into focus.

He opened his eyes, and gave a shallow and sad sigh. His power was continuing to weaken, and he couldn't stop it.

Unable to rely on the Force to bail him out, he took a chance and tapped the console. The door slid open, and on the other side stood a tall curvy blonde-haired woman with a bubbly smile plastered on her face, one of two women with such a look.

Frell, he swore silently.

Dakota Gue
Dec 12th, 2003, 10:13:31 PM
"Surprise!" she gushed in greeting, big smile flashing perfect white teeth.

The smile faded momentarily, ".....or, is that even possible with Jedi..?"

The question was purely rhetorical as Ko shrugged off the conundrum with as much consideration as it took to blink her mascared lashes. With a shrug of dismissal, she then pushed out her hands in good-natured delivery.

"I brought you a gift"

Thankfully, for Figrin, she spared him the question that surely lurked just below her chipper manner...did he know already what the gift was...? Dakota was a little mixed up where the Jedi were concerned - liking them in her mind to austere fortune-telling wizards who were fond of drab monastic garments, that could see through walls and such things. Morgan Evanar was the first Jedi she'd ever really gotten up close to, and he had been quite mentally unhinged at that point in his life. True enough, he'd gotten back his reason, and regrettably, remembered he had a fiance..But still, Ko had basically come to frame her opinion of Jedi Masters largely to her own turn of fancy and imagination. And the interesting, if factually incorrect, articles of the Coruscant trash magazine, "Hyperspace Bazaar"

Her stay at the order had quelled some of the more outlandish misconceptions she and her sister, Denali, had shared - but Ko was still uncertain as to how much a Jedi could actually "see."

"It's a candle" she announced, plopping it into Figrin's palm.

"It's aroma is vanilla and sienwood - it will help you sleep. Can I come in?"

She peeked around him to check that someone wasnt already there and so not interupting anything.

Figrin D'an
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:24:43 AM
Figrin did not, in fact, know what gift Ko had brought, or that she had even brought a gift. He continued to be disturbed by his lack of sight within the Force. It was depressing, and in his solitude he would often let be apparent in mind and manner. His public persona was much different, remaining the powerful and wise Jedi Master that others had come to know. He found himself have to quickly switch to that confident mindset with Ko's unexpected arrival.

The candle was pleasent, in both smell and texture. Although he had not cared for company, much less that of a Gue sister, he silently conceeded that he liked the candle, and that her intent was rather thoughtful. He did not wish be rude, and would do his best to be a cordial host.

"Thank you," he said quietly. "I'm sure it will be very helpful. Please, come in." He stepped back from the doorway, allowing Ko to fully enter his quarters. She looked around for a moment, almost in surprise. Figrin's quarters were not typical for a Jedi... his residence was rather large, with many distinct rooms, including a study that was lined with books, many of them very old. The main living area, in which they both stood, was decorated with artifacts and relics from many cultures, some no longer in existence. It could be construed as lavish by the oft-perceived utilitarian Jedi standard, but at the same time, it seemed fitting for the Jedi Master.

Figrin placed the candle on a small table next to large plush chair, then motioned for Ko to have a seat. She chose the couch across from the chair, a small table being all that separated the two. Figrin hesitated to bring drink for them, wishing first to find out the reason for her visit. Though his perception via the Force was weak, his intuition remained effective, though perhaps slightly tainted by his dislike for Ko and her sister. The Jedi in him, as well as the gentleman, would temporarily overpower that sentiment, hopefully for the duration of Ko's visit...

... which seemed to plod by slowly as an uncomfortable silence enveloped the room. Figrin knew what she wanted to ask. He didn't need to see inside her mind to know she was curious about his health. He hoped that, somehow, she wouldn't build up the courage to inquire.

Dakota Gue
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:36:39 PM
Dakota admired the furnishings of the room...even if they were a little retro for her taste. "Retro right back to the crustaceous period" she opined inwardly. All those dusty books, and artifacts - Dakota decided Figrin was kind of like that holovid actor guy who had a whip and wore a hat and spent his life chasing relics and fighting bad guys. Only...Figrin didnt wear a hat, or carry a whip. She wondered if Figrin hated snakes..

Figrin gestured for her to take a seat, and Ko did so, bringing her mind back to reality.

"So..."

She got that sympathetic, concerned look in her eye, and Figrin knew with cringing certainty that the courage had been found.

"...how you feeling?"

She waved her hands in dismissal before Figrin could even utter a word.

"Nevermind, I can see just by looking at you. Still aren't sleeping, right? Or if you are, its an hour here, an hour there. I can tell."

She leaned forward placing one index finger beneath first one of Figrin's eyes, then the other and tugged down the soft skin of his face.

"Pigmentation is all wrong..too dark. And the white part round your irises kinda has that queer glow to it. Bet if I checked the end of those braids of yours all the ends are split. Youre in rough shape Mister."

She took back her hand from the Jedi Master's face, returning to fold it in her lap.

"But thats not why I'm here. Well, it is. But not only why Im here."

Ko was sitting ramrod straight now, staring at him in a rather no-nonsense manner, as possible as that was with quarter-inch long lashes blinking nervously. In a clipped, not-just-any-answer'll-do type of tone, she got to the point.

"I want to know what horrible thing awaits me and Ali in the future?"

Figrin's face was a picture of puzzlement.

Dakota figured that the reason the Jedi Master went to such lengths to avoid herself and her sister was because he knew some tragedy would befall them and didnt have the heart - bless his Jedi goodness - to tell them.

What else could it be? Why else would he avoid them...? The possibility of him not really liking them never entered her head. Everyone liked them.

Dakota put on her "brave face" and closed her eyes in melodramatic flair.

"Its ok...just give it to me straight."

She held her breath waiting for him to speak.

Figrin D'an
Dec 29th, 2003, 10:35:11 PM
He was completely taken off-guard by Ko's supposition. Horrible thing? What? It was as cryptic a question as it was completely bizzare.

"Wha...? I... Uhh...," was all he managed to get out. This was perhaps the greatest reason Figrin did not like being around the sisters. Incredibly, they seemed to find ways to make him studder and leave him at a loss for words. They had a way of making him look strangely foolish... something he completely despised.

He finally regained his composure.

"I'm afraid I don't understand. I'm not a seer. My precognitive abilities are limited compared to others in the Order. I know as little of your future as you do."

Why would she ask such a thing? he pondered. All the Jedi could do was be honest until he determined what she was up to.

Dakota Gue
Dec 29th, 2003, 11:05:25 PM
Ko's eyes peeked open apprehensively.

"Are you sure? I mean..you're not just not saying to make me less frightened are you?"

Figrin shook his head, assuring her he wasnt.

She opened her eyes fully then, her shoulders slumping a little. Some of her bravado evaporated.

Inwardly, she thought she could have brought Mattie with her to visit after all. Ko had hoped to spare her little dog some possible crushing revelation, but it seems there was none that would be coming. Perhaps it was for the best. Matilda seemed to get growly when Figrin was around and the Jedi Master might not like animals in his home.

Pulling her thoughts back again to the dilema she faced. A tilt of her pretty chin made her hair fall forward on her shoulders, bouncing in the air a little.

"Then....why all the cloak and dagger evasion tactics when Ali and me come close by? Surely you are keeping something from us? Are you sure you cant see the future? Aren't Masters supposed to be all 5th dimension like that..?"

In her self-absorbed manner, Ko had tripped onto the issue that Figrin had been wrestling with for some time. As a Jedi Master, some of his abilities, of late, were not what they should be, but Dakota had no incling of what he had been going through.

Yet, atleast.

It was true for the moment, but the Gue twin was more perceptive than Figrin thus far had given her credit for.

"Or...maybe......" she suddenly zeroed in on him with her huge blue eyes, "...maybe you're trying to hide something from someone else."

Figrin D'an
Dec 31st, 2003, 02:02:17 AM
Figrin's eyes narrowed, and his normally calm face formed a rather displeased look. He was very clearly frowning, and certainly not in a submissive way.

"Are you mearly thinking aloud," he said pointly, "or are you accusing me of something?"

Ko seemed to back down from her glare, although not completely. Figrin looked to change the subject back to her original concern.

"No, I'm not holding anything back to alleviate fear," he offered plainly, his voice more relaxed than a moment ago. "Your future is unknown to me. What little of it I could see would be scattered and disoriented at best... raw images, nothing clear. Besides, I haven't the time, nor the inclination, to delve into such things. So, if you are looking for a fortune teller... you've come to the wrong person."

Dakota Gue
Jan 3rd, 2004, 03:06:43 PM
"Fortune teller? Why no, not at all. You just...well, you've been acting weird, even for a Jedi"

Dakota thought he didn't need to be so snippy. But then, he was still unwell and so she relented. If the problem wasnt her awful impending doom - which was such a relief - she wondered just what it was.

But the Jedi Master wasn't about to confide in her, that much she could gather from the way he just shut her down.

"It's a relief to know you haven't forseen something bad happening to us, I have to admit. But, there must be some cause to why you have been not sleeping and everything. And Im not accusing you of things, its just..I think you just wont admit that something is wrong."

She resisted the urge to waggle her finger and tell him "how wrong he was for that"

Instead, she searched his face for some sign she was getting through to him. Surely he could see that she was genuinely concerned for him.

Figrin D'an
Jan 7th, 2004, 01:30:15 AM
"What I acknowledge to myself is what is relevant," Figrin quiped. "My health is my own concern. I appreciate the sentiment, but to be frank... I can take care of myself. I doubt I would be alive today if I could not."

Figrin admitted plenty. He knew his health was not quite right. He knew it was beginning to affect his concentration. But he saw no need to inform anyone, leastwise either of the twins, of this. The Jedi had to deal with this in his own way.

Deep down, past the somewhat superficial qualities that comprised his outward opinion of the sisters, he did appreciate the concern. Ko seemed to legitimately care for his well-being, and he could tell she was trying to be a friend. Friends never came easy to him... not because of lack of opportunity, but by his own philosophy. Another vestage of the past that seemed to haunt his footsteps to this very day.

A sadness crept over him as memories became vivid, then faded back to the recesses of his mind. He then felt something he had not felt in a long time... perhaps too long a time. Guilt.

His gaze shifted to window, away from Ko's face, and he gave a deep sigh. Even the strongest Jedi couldn't hide all emotion all of the time.

Dakota Gue
Jan 8th, 2004, 08:16:28 PM
"Well, he's not fooling me" Dakota thought to herself.

That was some dark little rain cloud hovering over Figrin's head right now, and he could deny it to her till doomsday - she could see different.

As the Jedi Master gazed off out the window, his mind reliving a different place and time - one that was not very happy by that haunted look in his eyes, Dakota got up from her seat, and crossed over to the table, and lit the candle.

Figrin turned back to her when he realised she had returned by the jostling of the coushions beside him as she sat down again, not in her own chair, but next to him.

The fragrance of the candle drifted over to him from his right, while the soft gentle scent of Dakota's perfume floated up to him from his left.

"Sit back" she instructed, pushing on his shoulder intending to lean him so his back rested against the couch. She felt him tense through his shirt, muscle tightening in response to her touch, and remaining just where he was.

"See how tense you are?? Just sit back - go on."

She prodded.

Figrin didnt move.

She exhaled loudly.

"please - sit back"

She blinked at him, a little impatiently, but imploring to do as she asked, nonetheless.

Figrin D'an
Jan 8th, 2004, 10:28:28 PM
One eyebrow raised, he gave Ko a peculiar look, one that wonder just what she was attempting to do. He had trained himself over the years to never let his guard down, be it mentally or physically. Perhaps it was paranoia... after all, this was Dakota Gue. Even as he had recalled his first encounter with the sisters, one prevailing thought dominated all the rest... he had never really given either of them the benefit of the doubt because of the circumstances under which they had met. Maybe now was a chance to do just that, if only in some small manner.

Figrin took a calming breath, then slowly leaned back. He still wasn't entirely comfortable doing so, but he tried to push aside his reservations.

Dakota Gue
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:49:40 AM
As Figrin finally relented and leaned back a bit, Ko seemed very pleased with her small victory.

A stern look from the Jedi and her beaming smile vanished, replaced by a studied professionalism.

She took one of Figrin's hands into her own.

"Now..." she began in her "wise and knowing" voice, which she usually saved for giving fashion tips to the color/fabric unco-ordinated, "..most people ignore - or at best - minimalise the stress and work our hands do."

As if anticipating Figrin not giving her the chance to start, let alone finish, what she was doing and saying, the Gue twin gripped his hand a little tighter, just incase he had thoughts of pulling it away. She then continued, "Everyone gets back massage, or aroma therapy...which are all very good by the way...but most people completely bypass the hands (or hand, depending on species. Of course, could be more than two - three, four...But Im babbling). I guarantee you, you are going to see what I mean in about 15 minutes"

Holding his hand in her own, Dakota began to apply pressure with her thumbs and fingers into Figrin's palm. Working at first the outer edges and working into the middle, then pushing outwards to the edges once more. She methodically pressed and kneaded against the form of his hand, working also each of his fingers, seeming to work out any stress knots and tension inside them.

Figrin gradually began to feel the effect of it, simple as it was.

"Not so bad huh?"

Dakota talked on, not about anything really. Just making filler conversation so it didnt feel weird. Saying how it was nice at the Order..how Figrin had a nice place..how the Academy was an amazing building...

She took Figrin's other hand now, swapping it for the one she had just worked on and proceeded to do the same.

Still talking rather aimlessly, like a slow winding brook that was in no hurry to get anywhere fast. Wondering why it was people wore checks with stripes...why Hutts had no clothes....what fashion diasaster invented woollen leg-warmers..

She worked on the last of his fingers, pushing all the tension knots to their tips, giving the sensation that they were being expunged through the skin to disolve in the atmosphere.

Still holding his hand in her own, Figrin realised she had stopped and was looking at him.

"You know Figsy - it's ok to let someone take care of you once in a while"

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 03:08:37 AM
He had tuned out most of the one-sided conversation, instead focusing on the careful massaging being done to his hands... first one, then the other. It was a strange sensation, but it actually felt really relaxing. He figured that Ko must have had some kind of professional training. Although, he really had no frame of reference to judge. Massage was never something he had considered... he stuck to his own stretching and calistenics to relieve stress. Her hands are soft... but slender and strong too, he remarked to himself.

Ko had stopped, but still holding his hand.

"You know Figsy - it's ok to let someone take care of you once in a while"

His eyes moved from his hands to her face, and eventually set their gaze upon Ko's eyes. They peered into each anothers for a long moment, with unusual silence as accompaniment. Figrin was lost in a mental haze, but finally shook it off. He pulled his eyes away, looking back to his hands. With a shallow sigh, he simply noded in response to her comment, asked seemingly an hour ago.

"You know," he began, his voice softer now in both volume and intensity, "I've come to realize that I haven't really given you, or your sister, a fair chance. We met under... well... unusual terms, and it was a stressful time, trying to recover Morgan. I've allowed some preconceived notions to get the best of me... and unfairly shape my opinion of you."

He looked back to Ko.

"I'd very much like if we could clean the slate."

Dakota Gue
Jan 10th, 2004, 06:08:02 PM
The look he gave her made Ko's heart stop a beat. He had the most extraordinary eyes, and when he looked at her like he just did, she found it hard to find her breath.

What he said confused her a little, though...she hadn't known he felt like he had, forming a poor opinion of her and Ali.
In her mind, the girls had been the hero's of the day, saving Morgan-or Kat, as Denali had dubbed him- taking care of him and everything. Still, maybe those preconcieved ideas were why Figrin had been avoiding them..

The credits all seemed to drop into place, and Dakota felt a little hurt once the revelation finally settled.

She still held Figrin's hand - it felt strong, solid. Like the man himself. How could a man of his wisdom and experience make such a mistake regarding them? He must be sicker than she thought..She decided he deserved to get to know her and Ali better. After all, she knew how wonderful her and her sister were. Besides, looking at his handsome features, feeling his hand warm in her own, Dakota felt a clean slate was no hardship on her part.

She flashed him a warm smile.

"I think that sounds like a fine idea. You know at first, I thought you were the bad guy...when you came for Morgan, that is. He is lucky to have such loyal friends."

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:05:24 PM
He gave a single, self-depricating laugh.

"Yeah... I get that from time to time," he admitted. "I'm not the easiest person to get to know. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that."

Ko still held his hand. She had for a while, and surprising even himself, Figrin didn't mind it at all. Some small part of him questioned why he didn't pull away, but in reality, he had no reason to do so. It was... comfortable.

His hand had been relaxed, but he now gripped Ko's hand in his own, firmly but carefully. It seemed to surprise her a bit.

"Thank you for the gift," he offered. "I really do appreciate it. I know you're concerned for my health, and I do appreciate that as well. But... I must handle things for myself. This is how I always have been, and how I will continue to be."

"I'll be alright," he said warmly, after a short pause.

Dakota Gue
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:15:46 AM
His words and the confident squeeze of her hand went a long way to convincing Dakota that Figrin would indeed 'be alright.'

But, he could still see in her face that while she believed him, she was not about to wash her hands completely of looking out for him. She would be watching him closely, determined to be of help if she was in any way needed, or if there was any way possible for her to do so.

"I know I must seem.....ineffectual...to you by Jedi standards. But sometimes help comes from unexpected places. Just ask Morgan Evanar.."

Big blue eyes held a candid gaze, and her voice dropped to a gentle, sweet sincerity.

"...And sometimes, so do friends"

She placed Figrin's hand onto his knee and looked up at him with an expression in her eyes that seemed to hit him in the heart.

"Make sure you remember that."

After what seemed like an endless pause in the conversation, Dakota released the Jedi Master's hand altogether, and made ready to take her leave.

"I probably should get going...I left Matilda alone and she gets nervous if I'm gone too long. Or if I atleast dont even call her commpad to check in with her...She starts to chew things. Its really an awful habit that I simply cant break her of."

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2004, 10:36:43 PM
Figrin stood up as Ko did, and walked with her to the door. They both paused there, and the Jedi Master showed a little smile before bowing politely to his departing guest.

"Thank you for the visit. And for the candle. I'm sure it will be helpful."

Then, without really thinking, he found himself actually verbally wondering about the next time they would bump into one another.

"Perhaps we can get together again sometime, although maybe something planned next time?," he inquired.

Dakota Gue
Jan 17th, 2004, 09:41:12 PM
"Sure!"

Ko wrestled to harness her exuberance and ammended with a tapered smile ,"I mean...that would be nice."

Figrin was looking forward to seeing her again, even suggesting a set time - it had set her tummy to butterflies. He was absolutely gorgeous - that dignified manner, the stoic, polite smile. Ko had the sudden urge to ruffle her hands through his hair and fling her arms about him for a hug. But she kept her hands at her sides.

Instead she did a petite little bow of her own.

"You could show me some place that is your favorite here - I would like that"

Then, with a last flash of a smile and small, but definitive hair toss, Dakota stepped out into the hallway.

"You know where to find me. Til then - take care, Figsy"