PDA

View Full Version : SFF FAQ

DarthHERA
Dec 6th, 2003, 08:21:29 PM
Is roleplaying at ShadowFaene different rules to the General SWF forums?
Nope - the "Common sense and Fair play" rule, Rule. Dont be an idiot and you can play.

What exactly is ShadowFaene Fortress (SFF) ?
It is a pirate (inclusive, but not limited to) and smuggling outfit established and operated by Sith Master Hera DrenKast - a woman of evil ambition and ulterior agendas. Members are employed by SFF and contract themselves out for joint profit for both the Base and themselves. A percentage of all jobs are paid to SFF, (not a big percentage. Not really. Honest.) and the rest is divided to each member. The contractors (members) themselves get rich, as does ShadowFaene. (richer)

Whats the Base itself like?
ShadowFaene consits of 2 actual bases of operations: The Land Base (on the planet Enton) and The Mobile Base (a space-station that plies deep space along the borders of the Unknown Region)

<u> SFF - Enton Land Base</u>

ShadowFaene, with the aide of Trade Federation muscle, cleared out an existing pirate stronghold on the planet of Enton. Its exact location is not public knowledge. In true criminal cunning and ingenuity of planning, it is near impossible to find. Contacts for the Base and its Members are made through the bar "Poseidon's Gate."

<u>SFF - Mobile Base</u>

This is a small space station - the original base of operations of ShadowFaene, but is now playing a secondary role upon the assuming of the land base. It is a fully functional station and carries a modest amount of inventory. It has the advantage of constantly changing co-ordinates - very difficult to locate and thus enjoys unhindered operation.

It is possible for Specific members of SFF to be requested for a particular job (price to be negotiated). But usually, the Base "in general" is hired.

Can I join ShadowFaene?
It depends - like any business enterprise SFF will hire you if they have a use for you. Not all who apply are accepted - if your character is a "fit" then chances are it will be accepted, but we do "In Character" try to be selective with those we trust to enter the Outfit. Be as original as you can - provide something we might want or need. Remember - we are darksiders and villians. Mary Kay representivtives need not apply.

How do I apply to join?
Post your 'introduction' thread in Poseidon's Gate, we'll take it from there. You can Private Message one of us too if you have questions etc. or things you want to explain prior to posting. **Note - An established character of sorts is preferred. In other words, one that you are actually going to use. We get many that join only to never rp as that character because they cant think of anything to do with themselves. While their interest is appreciated, this practice is a waste of everyone's time. If you think this is you but you still want to RP - dont join, maybe HIRE us to do a job for you instead**

Can I quit SFF
You can, but then we will have to kill you.

just kiding.

ShadowFaene - where did it come from?
I put this question in here because I want to give credit where credit is due. "Shadowfane" is the name of a Tower in a book of the same name by Janny Wurts from her Cycle of Fire series. In the book, within Shadowfane's ancient stones are trapped all manner of vile and wicked creatures, imprisoned by Fellowship Sorcerers inside the rock - "demons who seek nothing less than mankind's destruction and the world's total conquest" Appropriate for a Sith Mater's Criminal Organization dont you think?

Extra Note: This FAQ may be ammended as required.
HDK.

DarthHERA
Dec 6th, 2003, 08:46:16 PM
thoughts?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 6th, 2003, 11:56:04 PM
I think it looks good. You might want to re-emphasize the fact that SFF itself is not easy to find...and maybe underline it....and make it bold.....and flashing :D

Dakota Gue
Dec 6th, 2003, 11:58:11 PM
lol, good idea

I just love flashy :D

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:04:28 AM
Ive never used it but I like the way it looks :)

DarthHERA
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:17:16 PM
ok, I edited it a little to reflect that it is not easily located.

Anything else I need to add?

Also - you have any further input regarding the Fight/betting club thing?

Im going to move ahead with this soon.

I will get the FAQ set up and then will be allowing applications to join again.

I dont forsee folks flooding to join. It comes in spurts here and there it seems.

I also am going to move ahead with the Ushers of Charon. This will be developed over time and will take it slow etc. I need to confirm with those players that agreed to rp the assassins if they are still "go" first tho.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:09:36 PM
Jenny read about the Ushers and thought it looked very interesting :)

We need someone to be the betmaker.....a member who can double up on duties.

Other than that, it all looks good :)

DarthHERA
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:13:10 PM
You can do it if you like ;)

Actually, I was thinking ppl would just kind of NPC the betting booth kinda thing.

And with Jenny - you mean in the Black Acropolis? Im going to expound a little on the Ushers of Charon in a next post there.

Estelle Russard
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:31:21 PM
Sparta =

City in southern Greece, mythological Home of Helen and the Hero Twins, Castor and Polydeuces. Sparta was the rival of Athens in ancient historical times. The soldiers of Sparta were famed for their discipline and indifference to pleasure or pain. The story is told of a Spartan boy who hid a fox in his cloak and did not reveal it by any sound or grimace even though it gnawed out his entrails

Estelle Russard
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:33:51 PM
Charon =

Charon (CARE-on). Spectral figure who ferried the dead across the river Styx, a bribe for whom persisted into modern times. The custom was to place a coin in the mouth of a corpse to secure its passage into Hades. Charon was not well disposed to passengers who were still living. Heracles had to muster up all his powers of intimidation when dispatched to bring back Cerberus to the upper world as one of his Labors. But Orpheus merely played a particularly enchanting strain on his lyre to induce Charon to pole him across the Styx.

*for quick reference*