PDA

View Full Version : Familiarization(Rikki, Hayden)

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:51:58 PM
He'd decided to take a walk. With his new student, Rikki Van-Warren, Jedi Knight Falcon Gyndar had asked her if she wanted to see the medical facilities, and meet some of the personnel. He'd called ahead to notify Dr. Radnor that he would be coming with a new face, who shared his heart for other's health.

Walking into the Med centre, Falcon took in a deep breath. He'd been in here a few times, recently. Rikki followed him in, and then Falcon turned to face her.

"Now we wait. Dr. Radnor is most likely a little occupied at the moment, but he said he'd meet us, and I consider him a man of his word."

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:11:10 PM
Rikki nodded with a smile. "Yes, Master." She'd caught on to calling him that while on their way to the med facilities. She'd heard several apprentices call their teachers that and only thought it to be suitable.

The young woman hadn't been in a med facility since her residency as a therapist on Naboo.

"I can hardly wait to see the place." A smile grew on her face as she glanced around, patiently awaiting the doctor.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:30:32 PM
Hayden had just gotten done working with a patient in the ICU, soon she would be moved to a regualr room on the rehab floor. He was so glad to be watching over Jacali Danner, her progression would be slow, but well worth the effort.

He quickly made his way towards the hallway where the med centre connected to the Jedi Order, where he was to meet up with Jedi Knight Falcon Gyndar and his new apprentice.

Hayden caught sight of them and hurried over. "Sorry, to keep you waiting, Master Gyndar."

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 6th, 2003, 08:22:43 PM
Falcon saw Dr. Radnor approaching.

"Here's our man, Rikki."

The knight grinned as Hayden apologized. "No need to apologize, Doctor. My mother was a Jedi Healer, and Miss Van-Warren here has just recently come from Naboo. We know well enough how busy and er, hectic, it can be."

Looking to Rikki, he made introductions.

"Rikki Van-Warren, this is Dr. Hayden Radnor. Doctor, this is my newest student. And judging from the brilliant smile on her face, Miss Van-Warren can hardly wait to get started."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 6th, 2003, 10:11:43 PM
Hayden smiled at the Padawan. It was nice to know that one was interested in the healing arts, something that Hayden would be getting into himself once Jacali was back at the Order.

"Miss Van-Warren, it's nice to meet you and please, you both can call me Hayden." He smiled and nodded in Rikki's direction. "Ok, well let's begin our tour, shall we?"

Hayden was more than happy to be showing the Knight and apprentice around the facilities.

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:42:17 AM
"It's nice to meet you, Dr. Radnor." Rikki smiled and nodded in his direction, this was soo exciting!

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:44:11 PM
Falcon smiled. He'd been in this place on quite a few occasions in since he had returned to the order. Mostly for his own health, which was back to it's usual excellent state, and a few times for Jacali Danner....Speaking of which...

"Dr...Ah, Hayden..How is Jacali doing?"

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:34:51 PM
"Well, hopefully within the next few days she'll be on her way from the ICU and to the rehab floor, where her real work will begin. And what is better yet, it that I've been allowed to be her rehab therapist. So, it'll be a nice change for a while from the ER." Hayden told Falcon as he began to lead them down the hallway.

"She's trying to be in good spirits, but it's hard for her. Her left leg is gaining the feeling back, but her right isn't looking to good at the moment. She's still lost about seventy-five percent of the feeling in that leg. The poor girl has a lot of work ahead of her."

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:42:39 PM
Rikki was listening very intently to her master talking to Hayden.

"If I may ask, Master. What happened to this Jacali and who is she?"

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 10th, 2003, 09:15:05 PM
Falcon explained as they walked.

"Jacali Danner is another student here at the Order. She took the danger in stead of an innocent. A trait of a good and noble heart, Padawan, when it is done not to seek fame or great note. The preservation of life, Rikki, is on the minds and hearts of more than just the physicians and healers. It, I would pray, is on every member of this Order."

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:50:21 AM
The Padawan had never thought of it that way as she nodded. "I understand, Master. Perhaps, I can meet Jacali sometime. I'd really like that." She told him as she followed along.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 13th, 2003, 05:43:27 PM
Hayden shrugged. "We could now, as we're passing throught the ICU, if you'd like and of course, if your Master doesn't mind. I'm sure, Jacali would like the company for a few minutes." He offered and looked at Falcon for a reply.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 14th, 2003, 12:14:52 AM
Falcon Gyndar smiled.

"I think, Hayden, that a visit would be a most excellent idea. I haven't dropped in for a while myself, and well, we are passing by so...why not?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 14th, 2003, 09:08:41 AM
"Excellent." Rikki smiled. Another Padawan that she could possibly become friends with. That was if the Padawan was friendly, she knew from experience in the rehab floors in the Naboo hospitals that some patients became angry for what had happened to them. She hoped that this Jacali wouldn't allow this to downcast her. Rikki hadn't even met the girl and was already pulling for her.

"Master, could it be possible for me to volunteer some time on the rehab floor? Since, I have a degree and I'd not let it interfer with my studies."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 14th, 2003, 08:56:08 PM
Hayden glanced at the young Padawan. "You have a degree in Physical Therapy? Well, I must say the rehab floor is in need of help, that's why my transfer was granted so easily. Jacali will only be one of my patients, I've already begun working with her. Stretching some of the muscles, she seems alright with it, so far."

Hayden led them to the ICU and straight to Jacali's room. "I'll let her know you're here first." He smiled as he went in for a second. A moment later, he came back out. "She's awake, come on in."

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 14th, 2003, 09:32:57 PM
Falcon peeked into the room while Hayden checked on Jacali. When the doctor came back, informing the knight and his student that Miss Danner was awake, Gyndar smiled. He'd been acknowledging Rikki's inquiry...And was completely alright with it.

"Well, if you're both quite alright with it..I certainly am.. I think it would be a excellent idea that you help out here, Rikki. Since you've said the help would be appreciated, Doctor....Now, let's see Miss Danner, shall we?"

Falcon proceeded into the room, and headed to Jacali's bed. He stopped at the bedside, and greeted her with a warm smile and a soft 'Hello'. Rikki came up beside him, no doubt a beaming smile on her visage also...

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:44:26 PM
The young Padawn's eyes were welcoming, but tired as she was beginning to get back into the realm of living again, though they still had her flat on her back.

She smiled warmly at Falcon and his new apprentice. "Greetings, Master Gyndar. It's a nice surprise to see you." Falcon had been there a couple of times after she'd finally been awaken from her drug-induced coma state.

Jacali was glad to see him, he almost seemed like a father to her in a way. His warm smile was always a delight.

She looked at his new apprentice, "and who might this be?" She asked with a smile.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:58:18 PM
Falcon grinned. Rikki Van-Warren had only been his student a very short while, and already he saw she was going to do quite well on her path. Very promising.

"This is Rikki Van-Warren, my newest student. She's to be a healer. "

He turned to Rikki, and laid a hand on her shoulder, giving her a smile, letting her say 'hello'.

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 16th, 2003, 04:33:04 PM
Rikki nodded to Jacali with a friendly smile. "Hello, Jacali. It's nice to meet you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 16th, 2003, 06:57:06 PM
"Likewise, Rikki. It's always nice to meet a new face." She looked at Falcon. "So, what have I missed out in the real world, Master Gyndar? Anything new?"

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:11:20 PM
Falcon flashed a charming smile.

"Well Jacali...lives are going about as usual.. Training.. And as usual, everyone has their problems. Adventure...I'd say the universe is on schedule." He said with a laugh.

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 17th, 2003, 07:45:56 PM
"You never miss a beat, Master Falcon." Jacali smiled. "Ill be back out there one of these days."

She looked at Rikki. "You'll love your new master, he's one of the cooler ones. Just don't tell him I told you."

Jacali laughed softly as she grinned at Falcon.

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 17th, 2003, 08:25:59 PM
"I'll make sure I keep it locked away, right here." She pointed to her head with a smile.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 18th, 2003, 12:06:47 AM
He glanced at his padawan...A mirthful look in his eyes..

"You'd better, young padawan.. Or else the kids'll be coming after me and I can only take on so many students so as not to exhaust myself..."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:59:36 AM
Hayden stood back and listened to the three of them talk. He held great respect for Jedi Knights and Masters. Rikki was lucky to have gotten Falcon for her master, he only wished if he were to join one day that he would be as lucky. But, that wouldn't be for a while.

Jacali's spirits seemed to have risen from the surprise visit and that was something he was hoping for. Her day hadn't been the greatest.

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:51:22 PM
"Dinner time, Jacali." A nurse announced as she brought in the Padawan's tray.

Jacali grimaced as her bed was carefully brought up to a slight angle and her tray was set before her. "And what is on the menu tonight, Tess?"

"Meatloaf and mashed potatoes."

Jacali looked down at it. It looked pretty bad. "And who calls this meat?"

The nurse smiled and shrugged. "I wouldn't, but then I don't eat it. But, unfortunately, you're losing weight, so it's time to start eating a bit more."

"Losing weight?" She asked. "I'm a Jedi, I can't gain weight while I'm in here. So, I'm watching it."

"Well, a bit too closely, then. Eat up." She said as she looked at Falcon and Hayden. "Make sure she eats, her weight is becoming a concern." She told them in a lower tone before she walked out.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:59:43 PM
The 30-ish man quirked a brow at the nurses' comment.

"Indeed."

And looked at the so-called meat.

"That's meat, hmm? I suppose you'll have to grin and bear it..The more you do, the more, i'd say, you deserve a decent dinner when you're done here. I'd cook for you myself."

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 20th, 2003, 09:02:04 AM
Rikki looked at it in much distaste. "She needs a Big Mac, Master." She commented with a smile.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 20th, 2003, 05:10:55 PM
He smirked.

"Rikki, I can do so much better than some flat Big Mac."

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:45:00 PM
Jacali laughed. "I'll take you up on that, Master Falcon. It's been a while since I've had a good decent meal. These are really bad."

Reluctantly, she took a bite, a very small bite, then wrinkled her nose and swallowed. "Oh, that is horrid. Where do they get this at? It tastes like a big pile of grease."

She washed it down with a swallow of milk. Ever since the Padawan had awakened, she held a fear of gaining weight while she was unable to exercise. Eating was becoming more and more a chore for her.

She took two bites of her potatoes and pushed the tray away. "I'm done...I'm not really that hungry."

Jacali went to change the subject rather abruptly. "So, Master Falcon. what brings you this way? Or was it just to come see me?" She grinned.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 21st, 2003, 07:28:09 AM
Hayden peered down at the barely touched tray. "Jacali, you really need to finish that. When we start really working you're not going to have enough strength to keep going." He picked up her datapad and scanned through the information. "Lost five pounds in a week..." He gave her a questioning look. "Looks like we'll have to discuss this at a later time." He shut off the datapad and sat it back down.

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 22nd, 2003, 04:56:34 PM
Rikki even knew that wasn't good, but kept her mouth shut. The girl looked pretty healthy otherwise. She knew first hand what food in medical centers tasted like and she would probably be no different.

"So," she began. "We hear that your going to be moving soon."

That would end all the unnecessary silence and Rikki was a talker, she talk until the cows came home.

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:37:09 AM
Falcon moved up pretty close to the bed, and crouched, crossing his arms on the bed. He smiled at Jacali.

"Good. Dinner it is, then."

He watched her push away the tray after a few bites. He edged it back toward her.

"Come on..You know, you've got to eat it. "

Hayden's comment reinforced that.

"He's right you know, Jacali. Despite the less than favorable taste and texture, it'll give you the strength you need to get through all this. And I'm here to reinforce you with any other strength you need."

It was quiet.

We hear that you're going to be moving soon..

Rikki.

"Yes...That'll be a nice change."

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 24th, 2003, 08:16:43 PM
Jacali winced as she looked at the food again. There was something in Master Falcon's voice that had gotten to her. His caring nature got the best of her and she took another bite. Grimacing as she did so, then washing it down quickly before she gagged on it.

She shuddered. "Oh, this is terrible. You don't happen to have a Yog's chicken leg stashed in your pocket?"

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 26th, 2003, 12:57:25 AM
He shrugged.

"Sorry, no luck there. Plus, I don't like crumbbed-up pockets..."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 26th, 2003, 11:46:58 PM
Hayden had to stifle a laugh at Jacali's comment. "I'll tell ya what, you eat most of your dinner tonight and I'll bring you in something from Yog's tomorrow night. I hear they are having mystery meat sandwiches."

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 27th, 2003, 11:53:59 AM
Rikki raised an eyebrow to that one. That sounded absolutely hideous. "Man, if the meatloaf is this bad...." She whispered.

She tried to change the subject to a more pleasant one. "So, when do you get to move out of here?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:08:42 AM
Delete

imported_Jacali Danner
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:11:46 AM
Jacali brightened a little. "In the next day or so. I can't wait, I'm ready to start working out again. I plan to be jogging in the next month or so."

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 3rd, 2004, 01:32:09 AM
Falcon nodded.

He'd been told hospital time was a pain, but the again, he wouldn't know. His only hospital time was short, and he'd been unconcious. Next then the 30-ish man knew, he was awake in his room, seeing the face of his daughter again..

"It'll be something to strive for I'm sure."

Knight Gyndar smiled, nudging Jacali's shoulder.

"You're extremely capable. I have faith in you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jan 4th, 2004, 12:37:15 PM
Jacali smiled at Falcon, she was glad someone had faith in her. "Well, let's hope my legs have that same faith that you hold, Master Falcon." Suddenly, she yawned.

Rikki Van-Warren
Jan 8th, 2004, 08:38:46 PM
Rikki had to hand it to the young female, she had optimism and that was always a plus in this field.

"Faith is all you need, Jacali." She said with a bright smile. "I'm sure you'll do great."