PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to... me! (Open)

Jorshal
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:43:32 PM
The day of Jorshal's birth was now eleven years from the exact date. "Eleven years." Jorshal whispered in front of a small cake he made himself. A small candle was lit on top of it. He contemplated blowing the candle out, like he did every birthday before, but that seemed inappropriate. The candle was his new life with the Sith, he had no intentions to allow it to be extinguished until he felt it needed to be. Jorshal had his entire life to go yet, so much to do before he died.

He took the fork he stole from the dining hall and cut his cake and shoved it into his mouth. His face cringed at the taste, he was definitely not a baker. He wouldn't become one either, Jorshal knew he was to become a Sith warrior. Even if fate said otherwise, Jorshal was determined to defy it and become what he wanted to be. He swallowed the bite and then cut another and forced himself to eat it.

"I'm not a baker. I'm not anything I don't say I am." He said and ate some more. He then took a scoop of ice cream, which he had been previously banned from for a year. "No one dictate my actions." He said determinatly.

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:02:32 PM
Kes'la Bardo had been walking by on another exploring adventure, when she heard talking and saw the young boy eating cake and ice cream in his room.

No one dictate my actions... She heard him say.

"That's a very good way to be." She said as she leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms in front of her.

"No one should dictate your actions, you should be the only one to do that." She told him with a slight smile as she noticed the candle. "Your birthday?"

Jorshal
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:12:49 PM
Jorshal heard what she said and then responded to her question. "Yeah." He said and looked up at her. He had never seen her before at the Order. "I don't think I've met you before."

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:19:58 PM
"Well, happy birthday then." She told him with a smile, then continued. "I'm new, only been here a couple of days. My names, Kes'la Bardo. It's nice to meet you."

She would've proceeded in further, but she wasn't one to barge in, without being invited, so she stayed at the door.

"How old are you, if you don't mind me asking."

Jorshal
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:03:45 PM
"Eleven." He said. "You can come if you like. I'd offer you some cake, but it's not that good." He said and cut another piece which caused the candle to fall over, but it continued to burn.

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:37:18 PM
Kes'la stepped in. "Don't worry, I'm no baker either, I probably kill someone if I tried to bake a cake, either that or it would look like a pancake."

She watched the candle for a short moment. "Not going to blow it out?" She asked gently.

Jorshal
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:47:41 AM
"No." Jorshal responded. "It really doesn't make sense to. I can't think of any other reason why. The fire is a celebration of continued life, I have every intention of continuing my life, why blow out my fire now?"

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:51:03 AM
Kes'la nodded. "Good point. You're pretty bright for your age, I don't think I would've ever thought of that at elevan. Where ya from?"

Jorshal
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:08:30 PM
Jorshal wanted to smile, he liked that last comment. But he responded to the next question, "All over." He said "I used to travel with my mom, after my father died." He looked down at the candle and noticed the flame leaving a black scar across the plate. Was that what he was to leave behind? A big black scar as the result of his life burning bright.

"The uh, Jedi were looking for us. Well, my mom at least, I'm not sure why though. So I lived all over the place until she left me here." He said remembering the last time he saw his mother. He didn't even know if she was alive anymore.

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:23:51 PM
"That sounds awful, Jorshal. The Jedi killed my mother and my sister and one day I'm going to pay them back." She told him. "An eye for an eye."

Her tone was cold for a few moments and then she shook the thought from her mind. "I'm sorry, I hate the Jedi ever since they killed my family."

Jorshal
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:00:51 PM
"I don't like them much either." Jorshal said and thought back to when he watched his father die by his mother's hand. He started it, Jorshal reminded himself. That's what happens when you play with fire. Jorshal's mother was quiet the fire, that fire passed to him.

"They don't really make any sense." Jorshal said of the Jedi. "It doesn't make any logical sense to just give your life away for another."

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 8th, 2003, 08:56:34 PM
"Yeah, sounds strange to me as well. But, who really knows? Some Jedi are just really wierd." She said. "So, since it's your birthday, is there anything special you'd like to do? I might be able to take part in something fun."

Jorshal
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:26:26 AM
"Well, I don't know what to do." Jorshal said "Surprise me." Jorshal regretted tha tlast statement. The last thing he wanted was a surprise, but it was too late to fix it now. Who knew, perhaps it would be a good surprise.

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 9th, 2003, 08:42:14 PM
Kes'la thought about that one for a few minutes. "Hmm...I'm not very familiar around her very much yet. How about wall climbing? Have you ever done that. Or virtual skydiving? I'm sure we can find a place nearby in the city."

OOC:Is TSO near a city? If so, what city?

Jorshal
Dec 11th, 2003, 10:19:59 AM
Jorshal thought for a moment about the proposed idea. "Sure, why not." He said. "But we're going to have to find a method of transportation." Jorshal couldn't drive, legally. And the fact that he had no experience didn't help either.

OOC: Yes, The TSO is near the capital of Corellia which is Coronet, I believe.

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 11th, 2003, 06:06:02 PM
"Well, I can drive us. Is there a place around here to get a speeder? Or is that against the rules?" Kes'la asked.

OOC:Thanks!

Jorshal
Dec 21st, 2003, 12:35:39 PM
"Well, I think there are some speeders in the hanger. I think it's on one of the lower floors of the palace and I don't know if we'll get in trouble, I haven't really been down there."

Kes'La Bardo
Dec 27th, 2003, 10:00:59 PM
OOC: Sorry took me so long to reply...

IC:

"Hmmm, I wonder if there is someone we can ask without getting our heads bite off. Do you know of anyone?" She asked as she walked out into the corridor and looked up and down but no one seemed to be around.

Kes'la walked back in and sighed. "Well, we could just walk around and see if we can find someone, if you'd like. I've got plenty of time."

Jorshal
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:07:16 PM
Walking around was fine with him. Despite his time at the palace, there was much exploring to do. "Sure, walking around sounds good."

He got up from his chair and left the candle still burning. It was on a plate, there was no chance of it stating a fire. They exited the room without speaking. To Jorshal, it seemed a sort of awkward silence, so he broke it. "So, um... where are you from?"

OOC: Don't worry about it, I've been pretty late myself.

Kes'La Bardo
Jan 7th, 2004, 04:42:35 PM
"I'm from Coruscant. Lived there all my life. How about you, where are you from?" Kes asked as they proceeded down another halllway.

Jorshal
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:13:57 AM
"I was born on Bastion, but I didn't stay there long. I've never really had a place to call home. Except here, of course." Jorshal said as they approached a lift.

"This should take us somewhere that might help." He said and hit the panel that called it. "So why are you hanging around with a kid like me anyway?"

Kes'La Bardo
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:17:04 PM
Kes'la crossed her arms in front of her. "Why not? Don't you think your worth my time? I don't see age as being something to reflect on, Jorshal. I see maturity as potiental. And for being as young as you are, you are quite mature for your age. So, in my opinion, I think you are well worth the time and it's time we went out and had some fun. Besides, it's not like we're going to go out and burn down something."

Jorshal
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:16:52 AM
Burn something down, that would be fun. But for the sake of avoiding future problems, he decided he wouldn't burn anything. The doors opened and they boarded the lift, Jorshal didn't say anything in reply.

"I don't see any reason why transport would be on a higher level, so I suppose we should go down." He said and hit the button that lead to the lowest floor.

Kes'La Bardo
Feb 3rd, 2004, 04:41:59 AM
Kes smiled. She liked this boy and knew they would become good friends. She remained quiet as the lift opened and the two of them were in some type of parking area. There were at least fifteen speeders.

"Hmmm, wonder which one we should take...one with keys. Jorshal, you check those and I'll do these." She smiled as the two parted and began looking for a speeder with keys, Kes was having no luck whatsoever.

Jorshal
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:56:58 PM
"This one has them!" He called to Kes'La and looked up from behind a blue speeder. "But you're driving. I'll get us killed... You do know how to drive don't you?"

Kes'La Bardo
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:55:17 PM
"Yep, I sure do. Get in, let's go!" Kes got in and fastened her safety restraint. The speeder started nicely, purred like a kittlen.

It only took Kes'la a second and they were pulling out of the parking area and onto the path that led down to Coronet.

Jorshal
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:18:24 PM
"So what exactly are we going to do in Coronet?" Jorshal asked as the speeder picked up speed.

Kes'La Bardo
Feb 21st, 2004, 02:06:52 PM
'Well, we can go get something to eat or we can go find a wall climbing facility. It's your birthday, you chose." She todl him with a smile as she glided the speeder down the path.

Jorshal
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:22:22 PM
Jorshal felt his stomach grumble. The cake wasn't going to cut it as dinner. "Actually, I'm kind of hungry." He said "Any idea where a good place to eat is?"

Kes'La Bardo
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:20:26 PM
"hmmm, not really, but we can drive aroudn and find a place." The lights of Coronet was upon them within a few moments.

Kes'la located a nice little restuarant on the edge of the city and stopped. Cafe' Reef.

"How's this sound?"

Jorshal
Feb 28th, 2004, 06:21:07 PM
Jorshal got out of the speeder with Kes'La and they walked to the door. There were quite a few people in the lobby area waiting to sit down. "i really don't want to wait." Jorshal said and pushed through the little crowd.

"We want to sit now." Jorshal said to the host.

"You'll have to wait, just like everyone else." The man said and turned back to what he was doing.

Jorshal turned to Kes'La to see if she would do anything. "I don't suppose you know the mind trick, do you?" he said.

Kes'La Bardo
Feb 29th, 2004, 07:42:39 PM
"Ummm, no." She told him quietly.

Jorshal
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:34:09 PM
"I guess force will have to do then." He said and turned back to the host.

"We want to sit now." He said.

"THe wait is an hour, you'll have to wait." The host replied more sternly this time.

"No, we want to sit now." Jorshal knew he couldn't physically force the man to do as he commanded, he couldn't mentally force him either. He tried to think quickly of a solution.

"If you won't seat us I will." He said and turned to his friend. "Come on, Kes'La." He said and grabbed her hand and led to a table. He found one already set. It was by the window and you could see a wonderful garden, teeming with plants from all over the galaxy.

He sat down and glanced towards the lobby, the host was coming and he didn't seem too pleased. "Uh-oh." He said to Kes'La

Kes'La Bardo
Mar 8th, 2004, 04:45:48 AM
Kes had followed him with a smile. "Uh-oh?" She asked as she turned and saw the trouble coming their way. "I see."

Jorshal
Mar 11th, 2004, 10:15:20 AM
"You have to leave now!" The host said angrily. "Or I will call the police."

"You can't make us leave." Jorshal said. "And the police can't do anything, we're Sith, this is our planet."

The host's facial expression changed from angry to a little more afraid. "Well then..." the host said and walked away.

Jorshal turned back to Kes'La. "Maybe I should have just said that right off."

Kes'La Bardo
Mar 11th, 2004, 09:22:37 PM
"I didn't know we could get away with that. Wow, did you see the look on his face?" She laughed. "That was great!"

Jorshal
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:42:56 AM
"Yeah, I kind of didn't expect him to back off like that." Jorshal said and noted to himself that simply having demonstrated power once before can affect things later on. The Sith Order had power, and had used it before, evidently, the host knew that.

"Being a Sith has its advantages. I wonder if we can get out of a bill too?"

Kes'La Bardo
Mar 13th, 2004, 08:33:02 AM
"We should tell them to send the bill to the Sith palace and they'll have a representative come and take care of it." She leaned closer. "I bet, we'd never see that bill.'

Jorshal
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:18:32 AM
"Hmm... I think that's a good idea." Jorshal said and waved the waiter over. he told the man what to do. He smiled at Kes'La and let out a little laugh.

Kes'La Bardo
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:03:32 AM
"Oh, this is too much, these stupid people. Give us an inch and we'll take a mile." She laughed as she began looking over the menu.

Jorshal
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:16:27 PM
Jorshal glanced over the menu, but he knew already what he was going to get, especially since the bill was going to be pushed over to the Sith Order. Instead of mindlessly looking over the menu, he tried striking up a new conversation.

"Have you travelled much? Specifically, in the Outer Rim. I'm going to be heading out there soon."

Kes'La Bardo
Mar 26th, 2004, 04:51:42 AM
Kes'La shook her head, "no, not really. I've come from Coruscant, lived there all my life. This is the first time away from there. I lived among a highly elite gang called the Dark Angels."

Jorshal
Mar 26th, 2004, 09:43:53 AM
"Ah." Jorshal said and nodded his head slightly. "Dark Angels? Never heard of it."

Kes'La Bardo
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:27:57 PM
"That's a good thing," She smiled. "If you had, I'd have to kill you..." She gave him a wink. "Just kidding. So, how does wall climbing sound for the excursion of the evening and then I want ice cream."

Jorshal
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:22:04 PM
That was not what Jorshal wanted to hear. "Ice cream sounds good and all, but I want to know what these Dark Angels are." He said and leaned against the table, he was curious.

Kes'La Bardo
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:14:38 PM
"It was....my family." She told him. "That's what we were all of us. I was trained at a young age to be a killer and a theif. But, when my mother and sister were killed by Jedi, I took my training to the next level. Everyone knew I was Force-sensitive and I wanted to use that to gain my vengence. I knew I had to become a Sith."

Jorshal
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:14:43 AM
Vengence was a common reason for becoming a Sith, but a good reason. The any lightsider, Jedi or not, would tell her to calm down and pretend it didn't happen. The darkside was so much superior. "Have you ever fought a Jedi before?"

Kes'La Bardo
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:39:20 AM
"No, not yet, though I had one framed and sent to jail for a while. And the same person, I helped get run down by a speeder, but she survived that too. So, one day..." A devilish look came from her eyes, contemplating the end of this troublesome Jedi.

Jorshal
Apr 24th, 2004, 12:06:36 PM
As she trailed off Jorshal's mind thought of the possibilities held for the unnamed Jedi. "You'll finally get 'em, huh?" He finished. He stood up and looked out the window; the sun was beginning to set. "I suppose we should get going if we're going to climb some rocks."

Kes'La Bardo
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:02:16 PM
"Sure, let's get out of here."

Jorshal
Apr 25th, 2004, 05:15:32 PM
They walked out to speeder without paying the bill and got in. Kes'La started the car and they were on their way. "So, any idea where a good place where we can go rock climbing is?" He asked.

Kes'La Bardo
Apr 28th, 2004, 06:39:09 AM
"Use the computer terminal here and punch it in, it should have a listing for one."