PDA

View Full Version : The Time has Come

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:53:05 PM
With a deep breath, Quay'Na Rakai entered the B&G, it was busy as normal, a good atmosphere tonight. The Padawan handed over her lightsabre to the guards with a smile and continued in.

She was tired of running, tired of hiding, tired of not facing up to what she knew she needed to do. Life was too short not to face one's ultimate fear. The fear of death, but Quay'Na finally realized that death wasn't something to be feared and so now here she was.

One couldn't live a Jedi life in fear and the Padawan wasn't about too. She walked right in to face death right in the eye, if it was meant to be.

Her love for life had gotten her this far and it would pursue her further, after all there were so many things for her to look forward too. Life with the Lost, life with Anthony Scott and her family.

But, there was still one person she had to face and it was time, that was if he was anywhere around. Sanis Prent.

Quay'Na ordered a strong drink and proceeded to a table, gulping half of it before she even got there, finishing it off a few moments later. She needed it to relax, to make sure she remained calm, collected.

Then, she waited and watched the front door.

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 04:05:37 AM
I'd spotted her before I reached the door. As I removed my various weapons and passed them off to the door guard, I never broke eye contact. After I was cleared, I walked to her table, sitting across from her.

It appeared she was tired of running. Depending on what happened, it was either good news, or bad news.

"I'll have what she's having." I spoke to the waiter, who nodded, and hurried off to fetch my drink.

Now, where were we?

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:21:41 AM
Quay'Na didn't even flinch as he walked through the door. They had kept their eyes on each other the entire time. She sat silently while he took a seat across from her and ordered his drink.

"Good evening, Mr. Prent. It's been a while." Quay'Na began with a nod once the waiter was gone.

"We have some unfinished business to attend too and I'm willing to take it on. I'm sick and tired of running from you and trying my best to avoid you. I'm here, you're here, let's have our drinks and get this done."

She flagged the bartender for another drink.

"You never know, I might just walk away alive."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:22:24 PM
"What changed your mind?"

I ran a finger idly over the top of my glass, curious to her motives.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:08:30 PM
Quay'Na shrugged. "I'm not afraid anymore. Of you, of anyone..." Perhaps her answer sounded a little vague, but it didn't matter.

"You are the only thing that can stop me from having everything that I've always wanted. So, I'm here to face you and get it over with. All, I have is one request of you, if I live through this trial of sorts that you seem to have against me, you leave me alone and never bother me again and I shall pay you that price that whoever has on my head. We have it out and if I survive, we both get what we want. That is my deal, what do you say, Mr. Prent? Either way, you still win."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:24:20 PM
I shook my head.

"I appreciate your willingness to cut a deal, but I can't deal. I've got a reputation to keep. Nobody hires a guy who's on the take."

I took a quick drink, and continued.

"You may find what I do unscrupulous; immoral. Believe it or not, there are rules that I stick to. This is one of them."

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:30:20 PM
"So, what's the price on my head? If I'm going to die, you can at least tell me that." A new glass was set before her and she gave the waiter a few credits and he walked away.

She took a big gulp of the nasty liquid and could feel it begin to run through her veins.

Anthony Scott
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:31:41 PM
Across the bar hidden in the shadows resided a figure that no one could really place their finger upon. There he sat, his dark brown eyes piercing the soul of the man speaking to Quay'Na. He knew very well who this character was, and Anthony knew his motives as well. Deep beneath the hood of his black cloak, the young Vampire growled, his razor sharp teeth peeking out from above and below his lips. "I don't think so, Mr. Prent." He thought to himself and lifted his glass of Ale to his lips, taking a sip of the blood red liquid.

Setting the glass upon the table, the immortal sighed to himself as he pondered what to do about the problem sitting beside the love of his life. "He needs to be shot in the head." Anthony thought with a silent snicker. Though he knew that Quay could more than handle herself, he sat on edge, ready to act if things got out of hand. "Quay -- you're not alone." He touched her mind gently with his voice, hoping she wouldn't look his direction but knowing that he was there for her.

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:39:49 PM
"Fifteen thousand."

Taking another drink, I leaned back in my seat a bit.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:41:29 PM
Quay'Na blinked as she heard Anthony's voice in her head. It had been rather unexpected. Only Anthony had ever been able to have that link with her, due to their strong connection.

I hear you, my love. I'm okay so far.... She easily answered Anthony back mentally, not looking away from Sanis while, awaiting his answer.

Fifteen thousand.

"That's it? Hell, I can offer you thirty thousand and we could both be on our way."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:04:18 PM
"I'm sure you can."

I shrugged, fishing out a stim from my pocket.

"But if I took that thirty, I'd be done. Like I said, nobody hires a man on the take."

Lighting my smoke, I looked back to Quay.

"This isn't a one-time fix. This is what I do."

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:09:11 PM
Quay thought about it for a few moments. "So, I give the thirty, hell make it forty. We set it up, I play dead and you're still in business. No one has to ever know that you never really killed me. That would be fifty-five thousand, Mr. Prent. Think about it and your little business would still be going strong. Besides, I won't be around for much longer."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:14:54 PM
I shook my head.

"I can't do that."

Flicking ash from my stim, I leaned forward a bit, resting my elbow on the table.

"Right now, the best way to solve this problem is the direct approach. You said it yourself, you're tired of running. Me, I'm tired of chasing you. I'd rather get this over with than resort to something unconventional."

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:24:24 PM
"So, where are we off too? A few blocks down to an empty alleyway, where you can shoot me in the back or off to the very one who wants me dead, where you can kill me there in front of them?" Either way didn't sound too appealing, but she would go.

"And I want my lightsabre. But, it will remain on my belt and I will not face my death without it. And I will go with you quietly." Quay'Na was beginning to feel the effects of the alcohol even more now as she closed her eyes for a second.

She shook her head slightly as she opened her eyes and took in the rest of her drink. PUtting the empty glass down, she once again looked at Prent. Her eyes must've looked rather glassy at this point.

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:32:20 PM
"The former. I'd rather not get too elaborate."

I rose from my seat, reached into my jacket and tossed a small packet of white powder on the table.

"You want to do this sober? Take that."

Moving to the door, I turned back to look at Quay.

"Some people would rather do this with their eyes wide open."

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:44:02 PM
"Sounds intriguing, Mr. Prent. How do I know this isn't poison?" Quay'Na asked with a slight giggle. She walked or stumbled up to the bar and ordered a water. A few moments later the powder was gone. By the time she got to the door behind Sanis, her head was beginning to clear. "Wow, I gotta get some of that." She said as the guards handed her her lightsabre and she clipped it to her belt.

With a deep breath, she looked back into the bar one last time before exiting with Sanis.

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:46:55 PM
Originally posted by Quay'Na Rakai
"Sounds intriguing, Mr. Prent. How do I know this isn't poison?"

"Only one way to find out, I guess."

I packed up my gear, getting my weapons from the man at the door. After that, I walked toward my speeder, which was nearby. A tap of a remote, and both driver and passenger side doors opened.

"Hop in."

Anthony Scott
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:49:36 PM
"Not on my time." A deep voice resonated from beneath the hood of the black cloak. Anthony stopped right in front of Sanis, blocking his way to the door. A hush fell over the Bar and Grill once a few people realized that a confrontation was taking place. For some reason, even the Jedi like to see a potential fight. Anthony's eyes gazed through Sanis with disgust. "What a bad bad man you are." He spoke through clenched teeth and quickly gazed at Quay.

His heart ached as he thought of the possibility of loosing her, but he knew that it was impossible -- he knew their future was already cut out in the stars. "If you need to kill someone and you want money -- kill me instead. I'd even pay you to." He spoke softly, holding his composure well. "If you can't do that -- then I guess you're the one who's going to die." He concluded.

Anthony then realized that there was a package sitting on the counter and Quay was ready to take its contents. "Don't use that, Quay! Don't trust that he's telling you the truth." The Vampire warned as his eyes locked with Sanis's once again.

OOC: Woops, I was writing while you guys posted -- I walked away for a few minutes and came back and replied. :( Sorry -- you guys move so fast. :( If you want to ignore me, go ahead -- or just apply my post however you want. *Shrugs*

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:53:32 PM
Quay nodded and did as he said. It was a very nice speeder, she took note of. Buckling herself in, she waited to see what was next.

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 04:04:52 PM
OOC: I guess we'll sequence that so that you make the confrontation at the speeder.

IC:

As Quay settled down in the speeder, she felt her connection to the force ebb away. I noted her concerned look.

"Relax. That's for my protection."

I paused, looking to the newcomer.

"Perhaps another day."

With that, I slid into the driver's seat, and closed the door.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 04:14:51 PM
The mind link she held with Anthony was gone. She looked once into his dark brown eyes and so wished to tell him, she was going to be back. Back in his arms and she wanted to tell him that she loved him and always would, no matter what.

I love you.... She mouthed silently to him.