PDA

View Full Version : Someone New

imported_Rakkel Thunderwing
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:07:18 PM
Rakkel Thunderwing entered past the gates and through a set of doors into the Palace. He entered the main chamber and viewed the pictures on the wall.

"I know that figure." He said and then looked at another painting.

Jorshal
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:33:06 PM
"Really?" Jorshal said with an honest curiosity. "You look kind of dumb, I'm surprised. Are you sure you just didn't say that so that anyone around wouldn't assume the contents of this book are of such poor quality as the cover?" Jorshal said and smiled an evil grin. He really didn't believe that this newcomer was as stupid as he pretended to see him as. If he was, whoever had let him in surely would have killed him at the gates.

Dec 6th, 2003, 07:25:53 AM
"I haven't said anything about it's quality. Have I?" Rakkel asked the child, "I haven't looked at it yet. I actually said I knew the figure in the painting above the book. What made you think I was talking about the book anyway and what I said had to do with it's quality?"

Rakkel looked down at the book and looked at the cover. The cover was torn some and faded. The title was written in ancient Sith.

"Have you read this book?"

Jorshal
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:17:23 AM
"No, I haven't." Jorshal said "I don't have time to read books." Jorshal stepped closer to the man and took the book. He flipped through the pages and only caught a few words. They were written in the same ancient text as the title.

"This is pretty dumb. Why would anyone write in a language that some people didn't understand? Everyone should speak the same language and never change it." He said "Like it would be if the Emperor had lived."

Dec 7th, 2003, 02:22:30 PM
"This language is old so you can understand why only a few can read it. It is ancient Sith that is why it is here. As for speaking and writing the same language I partialy agree with you."

Rakkel sighed and tried to think of a way to explain why he partialy disagreed.

"What if a Jedi were to ubtain this book and everyone spoke and wrote the same. The Jedi could easily interpret what the book had written in it and if this book held the secrets of the Sith then what would happen?" Rakkel said, "So you can understand why we write and speak differently. As for the Emporer being alive. Do you think we would be here now or just common people through out the Galaxy undiscovered? Emporer Palpatine's death caused a series of events some of which are the cause of why we are here now. If Palpatine was still alive he could have ordered the extermination of a planet. Say that planet was home to your grand parents. If they died, they would have never had your morther, and you would not have been born. Therefore you would not be here. Because of Palpatine's death you are here now."

Rakkel looked at the paintings again.

"This must seem confusing for you now. But in time you'll understand as you learn."

Jorshal
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:59:09 PM
"Palpatine destroyed for a reason. If there has been anyone who understood and became a part of the darkside the most, it was him. If my grandparents were deemed unworthy to live, then so be it. Even if I was deemed unworthy to live, then I would trust the Emperor's judgment." Jorshal said. He hadn't read much, but he had watched the holonet a lot. There was always a documentary about Palpatine on, trying to expose every "bad" thing he did. To Jorshal it only made sense, he had the utmost respect for the Emperor, if there was a god it would be him.

"And I know what you mean about different languages. But it wouldn't be a problem if there weren't any Jedi, would it?"

Dec 7th, 2003, 07:40:09 PM
"Palpatine was a great Sith, the greatest Sith to most like yourself. I have a different opinion though but that I shall discuss some other time perhaps after I get a room. Now as for there being no Jedi. You should read your history books. The Sith are Jedi who left the order in ancient times. Without the Jedi the Sith would not exist." Rakkel said.

Rakkel walked away from where he was standing and moved toward a hallway.

"Do you know where I might find someone who could get me a room?"

Jorshal
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:05:32 PM
Jorshal was not very fond of being embarressed. He grtitted his teeth and allowed the angry expression to come across his face. "Nope. Pick one. It's not too hard." He said still clenching his teeth.

"And why should I read my history books. They have no effect on me. I'm here and that is what matters."

imported_Demek Jast
Dec 8th, 2003, 06:18:35 AM
I'm sorry Delete this. I was logged in as the wrong character.

Dec 8th, 2003, 06:19:57 AM
"You are here yes and that is all that matters as am I. History can still help though. History is what has drawn me here in a sense. You can always learn from it." Rakkel said trying to draw more anger out of the child.

Rakkel started walking down the hallway. He could sense the anger within the boy growing some.

"Picking one is easy. Picking the right one is hard."

He walked past several rooms most of which were already in use. He found one a ways down. It was a dark and quiet one with a window.

"This is the right one." Rakkel said.

Jorshal
Dec 8th, 2003, 08:04:27 AM
"Knowledge isn't really important. As long as you know enough to fight. Power and glory, that's what really matters." Jorshal said still a little angry.

Dec 8th, 2003, 03:47:44 PM
"Oh, but knowledge is important. You already proved my point when you said 'As long a you KNOW how to fight'."

Rakkel checked the dresser to see if it was in use. It wasn't.
He glanced at the bed. No sheets or blankets. He looked in the closet to see if there were any boxes or clothes in it.

"Knowledge often leads to power and glory."

Nothing. One last check for stuff under the bunk told him that no one was using the room.

"Perfect. This room is not in use. Unless you know who uses it."

Jorshal
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:32:55 AM
"I don't think anyone uses it." he responded. "But I guess Knowledge was the wrong word. But power and glory come before it." Jorshal stepped in the room and looked around. It was about the same size as his.

Dec 11th, 2003, 07:26:27 PM
"Good. Guess I'll use it."

Rakkel looked around the room once more this time for anything odd such as a leak or anything on the ceiling.

"Power and glory come first in your mind. Knowledge then power and glory in mine. Well now I guess I better get stuff to put in here."

Jorshal
Dec 21st, 2003, 12:38:15 PM
"I guess we'll see which of us comes out on top. Personally, I think your quest for knowledge will lead you nowhere. Just a life of uselessness." He said and grinned.

Jan 15th, 2004, 08:07:25 PM
"Yes, we'll see who comes out on top." Rakkel looked at Jorshal as he grinned, "Well I'm hungry. How bout you? Know any place?"

Jorshal
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:18:22 AM
"Just the cafeteria." He responded. "With all the money and power the Order has, the food isnt too bad."

Jan 26th, 2004, 03:27:16 PM
"Sure lets go" He said

He walked out into hall and looked both ways. He saw a person. Sith learner he guessed.

"Um, which way is it?" He asked Jorshal.

Jorshal
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:28:41 PM
"Downstairs.. Well at least from my room." Jorshal looked around for a lift but only found a a door that lead to a staircase. "Well there's some stairs." He said and lead the way down them.

It was a spiral staircase that seemed like it hadn't been used in ages. jorshal looked behind him and noticed his feet were leaving footprints in the dust. "This place is probably older than master Warlock." He said but didn't really expect an answer.

They continued down the stairs for what felt like it should have been past the cafeteria. "I don't think this goes to the... cafeteria." He said and listened in on something that was coming up the stairs. It wasn't human. Human legs don't click when they touch the ground. "What is that?" He asked Rakkel and turned to him as it came around the bend.

Jan 27th, 2004, 06:16:48 AM
"Nothing I've heard before." He replied

He looked down the staircase. It was somewhat poorly illuminated so Rakkel grabbed a glowrod from his belt. From what he could see somewhat of an insectoid figure coming up the starecase.

"Who's down there? Show yourself!" Rakkel shouted.

Jorshal
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:26:04 PM
The clicking legs stopped for a moment as Rakkel called out. Then it sounded again but much faster. An arachnid like creature, about three feet from the ground, came around the bend and leapt into the air at Jorshal. He ducked yet it managed to grab ahold of him.

He deliberately pushed it at Rakkel. "Whoops." He said and backed down the staircase just enough distance to watch how Rakkel would handle the situation. Silently he debated whether it was best to toss the creature Rakkel's way. The verdict was Rakkel was older, more powerful... And Jorshal didn't want to die now, he was destined for bigger and better things.

He looked closely and saw the arachnid's pincers dripping with venom ready to bite into Rakkel's flesh.

Jan 30th, 2004, 11:00:51 AM
Rakkel grabbed one of the creatures pincers and twisted it. It came off with a snap. Blood poured out of the socket, making the staircase somewhat slippery. The creature hissed in pain. It swung at Rakkel with its other claw. Rakkel jumped up and gripped the cieling with the force. With the pincer in his hand, still dripping with venom Rakkel dove down and speared the creature in the head with it. He quickly jumped back and landed on a step. The thing was dead but still flexed with nerve impulses. It's legs slipped on the step with which its blood had covered. It fell down the stairs toward Jorshal. Before it could reach Jorshal, Rakkel used the force to lift the insect out of it's roll. It sat and hovered in the air above the kid.

"Come on get up here." Rakkel said, "I assume you forget which way to the cafeteria. I think I've lost my hunger anyway."

He left the stairwell and pulled the creature to the entrance.

"Where's the medical facility in this castle. Perhaps they can do something with this."

He got an idea and quickly grabbed a small vile he used for keeping samples. He opened it and got some venom from the pincer.

"This better not be anyone's pet." Rakkel said as he capped the vile and continued dragging the creature down the hall.

Jorshal
Feb 1st, 2004, 06:50:38 PM
"I doubt it is." Jorshal said quietly. "I have no clue where the medical facility is. What are you going to do witht hat thing?" He asked.

Feb 1st, 2004, 06:57:08 PM
He looked back at Jorshal.

"This stuff is probably poison. You take a vibro blade and put some of this on it." Rakkel said, "Slash someone, there's a better chance of them getting ill or possibly death."

Rakkel tapped into the force. He used his sence to find herbs and stuff you would find in a medical facility. He found it.

"Come on this way."

Jorshal
Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:34:49 AM
"Neat trick." Jorshal said referring to adding poison to the blade. He followed Rakkel to the medical lab and watched as he looked for a few things.

Deciding to preoccupy himself he grabbed a bottle off of a shelf and opened it. "What's this?" he said quietly and opened it. The smell lingered to his nose, it was a cleaning liquid. "Hmm." He said and picked up another bottle. He opened it and couldn't identify the liquid.

Then he had a great idea, he poured a little of the second liquid into the other bottle. It fizzed a little, but that wasn't enough. He began to pour the whole bottle into the other and soon it fizzzed over the top and onto the floor. "Wow!" He said and then noticed a burning sensation on his arm. He dropped the bottle and shook his arm to try and get some liquid off.

Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:34:38 PM
Rakkel dragged the creature over by a bed and talked to an attendent about what happened. She informed him that these creature occasionally found a way in and created trouble. She was amazed that someone who hadn't been equiped with a lightsaber took one out. They could inflict some large wounds and there venom had a paralizing effect. Rakkel asked if he needed to clean the mess up but she said a droid would take care of it. She said he could leave and that the cafeteria was down the hall. He turned and walked over to where Jorshal was. He was playing with some chemicals. He noticed he had spilt a bit of corosive cleaner on him.

"You know playing with things in a medical facility could get you in trouble. Hurry and wash that off be for it eats your arm to the bone." He said to scare the kid a little, "The cafe is down the hall."

Jorshal
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:54:57 PM
Jorshal shook his arm. "No it won't." He said defiantly. In truth, it really was burning real bad so he walked over to the sink as calm as he could and washed it off. "I don't want my arm to get sticky." He said and noticed the attendent was laughing.

He sneered at her and dryed his hand while walking to the table with the spider creature. he rpodded at it with a metal rod he found on the table. "He doesn't look so tough." Jorshal said and brought his head closer to it. He sniffed in the smell of the venom and coughed. "So what next?" he asked Rakkel.

Feb 10th, 2004, 03:17:56 PM
"Well I guess to where we wanted to go. The cafeteria." Rakkel replied.

Rakkel walked out of the medical room and down the hall to the cafeteria. He noticed some more pictures on the wall he looked at them for a moment. He knew most of them.

Jorshal
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:28:19 PM
"I still don't get why you look at those pictures." Jorshal said after he noticed Rakkel looking. "They're just pictures. That's all. Decoration." Jorshal noticed a bust of Darth Vader as he walked.

"And I don't get this 'quest of knowledge' thing either." He continued. "What good is knowledge if someone can just push you around like a slave?"

Feb 11th, 2004, 07:56:44 PM
"Forget about it." Rakkel said, "Lets just go eat he said."

Jorshal
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:27:55 PM
"Sounds good." Jorshal said and followed Rakkel to the cafeteria.