PDA

View Full Version : Kermit to the MLB?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:28:26 AM
Omg I just heard that Kermit the Frog is leaving Henson Productions and going to play baseball for the Cubs!

What is with all the sports threads!? Aieeee! Run for your lives!! :eek

:D

JMK
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:33:23 AM
Really? Now what are the Yankees and Sox going to do? Whoever signs Animal is going to win the world series for sure!

Jedieb
Dec 5th, 2003, 10:50:44 AM
The Yankees just signed Fozzy. Take THAT REd Sox! :shootin

CMJ
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:32:24 AM
The Marlins signed Wolverine. ;)

JMK
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:08:28 PM
The Expos signed no one. :\

They should be going after The Flash. They aren't very quick on the basepaths.

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:15:05 PM
Ah, but in this universe he might not be able to tap into the speed force, making him slow :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:33:01 PM
I think that the Green Lantern is joining Kermit with the Cubs. They will be a ...er...green force to be reckoned with!

Now if they could just get Bugs Bunny, the Cubs wouldn't be able to LOSE. Whoever heard of Bugs and Kermit being losers??

JMK
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:46:02 PM
It's hard to get slower than some of the guys on the Expos. ;)

Of course I'd rather they sign Superman. His kryptonian biological makeup would make him nearly unstoppable. Except when they play in domes. Then he's just a drunken dorky fan with a cape. :p

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:56:03 PM
And what if someone laced the ball with Kryptonite?

Far better would be Thor :D

JMK
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:58:25 PM
Well then I guess Supe is out of luck if the ball consists of kryptonite.
Thor would also be acceptable. I bet he can swing the bat pretty well. But he would have to tame that mullet. Unless he played for the Phillies.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:00:42 PM
If the Expos had the Flash they wouldn't need any other players. He could play all nine positions :p

Figrin D'an
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:19:43 PM
This is, by far, the nerdiest thread I've seen in this forum in ages.

And that is saying something.

JMK
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:24:11 PM
Blame LD, she started it!! :p

But seriously, you love it don't you. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:24:18 PM
LOL that is at least something.

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:59:59 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Blame LD, she started it!! :p
All hail LD, queen of the nerds! :D

The best idea would be to hire the Fantastic Four. You have Reed who could stretch round ALL the bases, Thing the heavy hitter, Sue would can both turn invisible AND make force fields and Human Torch who can fly! Unbeatable!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:07:07 PM
LOL how does Doctor Doom fit into it? I got it the opposing team he can have a team composed of Doom Bots :p

JMK
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:10:20 PM
I would rather the X-Men. They can fill out a roster properly. Storm flies, Nightcrawler would never get out as long as he made contact with the ball, Colossus would be the home run hitter, Rogue can put the opposing teams in instant slumps just by touching them, Xavier can manage and know exactly what the other team was going to do. Jean Grey could use telepathy and guide the ball just where she wanted it to go. :)

Now that's unbeatable.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:15:46 PM
How about Kitty Pride she can get a home run on a ground ball :p

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:22:54 PM
Aha, but imagine Bullseye as pitcher. He never misses! Doc Ock in the field could be useful.

Best idea? Collossus as pitcher, Wolverine as ball :D ;)

imported_QuiGonJ
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:15:06 PM
Heck, Bugs has a baseball cartoon as the first one on his disc in the big boxed set of Looney Tunes DVDs that came out last month. It's the one where he takes on the Gashouse Gorillas in NYC. :)

He makes a great one-man team!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:15:38 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
All hail LD, queen of the nerds! :D

What have I done? :uhoh

:p

I just would be afraid if Wolverine stormed the pitcher's mound. Better not hit *him* with the ball. :eek