PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Nyla_Corozan
Dec 4th, 2003, 05:44:58 PM
I am Nyla, pleased to meet you. I only have a couple of questions, which i'm sure are a synch to answer. I'm really liking the board so far.

Do we have a certain character format to go by or do we just post the thread with our characters descriptions entertwined?

Oh and do you have a forum for the rebellion?

Morgan Evanar
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:11:11 PM
Um. In terms of timeline we're at least fifteen years after the Return of the Jedi. We have a New Republic board http://69.56.186.201/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=16. We don't exactly have a "character format" but you can't walk up and be a Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith Master.

Zeke
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:11:49 PM
Here, the Rebellion is the New Republic, which is a subforum of the Greater Jedi Order. There's no set character format.

Nyla_Corozan
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:12:49 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help. ;-)

Ace McCloud
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:12:57 PM
Heya Nyla. Welcome to t he boards. SWF is a great place, I'm sure youll love rping here.

I think your questions would best be answered by someone who has been here longer than I, perhaps Charley.

But I haven't posted a character template, if thats what you mean. There really isn't any format, there are some guidelines, but beyond that everythings pretty much free.

The Greater Jedi Order - Home one is where the rebellion stays.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:43:11 PM
*wields the common sense stick*

Charley
Dec 4th, 2003, 07:46:58 PM
Welcome to SWfans.

Read the FAQ in my sig, and we'll be ok.

This isn't Gaia, so the ship is run a little tighter.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 4th, 2003, 09:31:47 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
This isn't Gaia, so the ship is run a little tighter. If you mean that Gaia is a mesh bag, and SWFans is tupperware, I think we have it right.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:28:59 AM
Originally posted by Nyla_Corozan
I am Nyla, pleased to meet you. I only have a couple of questions, which i'm sure are a synch to answer. I'm really liking the board so far.

Do we have a certain character format to go by or do we just post the thread with our characters descriptions entertwined?

Oh and do you have a forum for the rebellion?

Welcome, join the Empire.....oh......k. :D

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:45:06 AM
Yes, read the FAQ. Save yourself a lot of grief. Good to have you. Enjoy smashing whatever is left of the Empire.

Droo
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:36:44 AM
Why are we referring to the New Republic as the Rebellion? It can't a Rebellion and the ruling body within the galaxy at the same time; there'd be officials shooting each other at Senate gatherings. :eek

And hi to you, Nyah. Welcome to SWForums. :)

Tear
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:28:03 PM
Grah! Smashing what is left of the Empire!? You! Bah urge to kill rising. Soon Jedi..Soon.:evil

Welcome to the Boards Nyla lets hope you realize the Empire is the better place to be...:rolleyes

Shanaria Fabool
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:32:29 PM
Empire is the better place to be....... if you want to get killed. :p

Rognan Dar
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:59:39 PM
Wwwweeeellllccccoooommmmeeee!

Don't pay any attention to the ramboling ones. And don't worry, they don't bite.....much.

But do read the FAQ's. I hear they are very helpful....

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:38:06 AM
The NR / Jedi are just the coolest places. I mean, where else could you have a frying pan weilding Jedi and people run in fear, especially Imperials?

Come to think of it, maybe there will be an outbreak of wedgys on Imps soon?

Jarek T'chort
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:44:44 AM
What do people have against the Empire? Not like we ever did anything wrong.

......what?

Ok, we blew up Alderaan, massacred the Jedi, plus loads of alien species and imposed a despotic rule on the galaxy, but they all asked for it anyway.;)

Teleran Balades
Dec 6th, 2003, 07:26:46 AM
Ok, we blew up Alderaan, massacred the Jedi, plus loads of alien species and imposed a despotic rule on the galaxy, but they all asked for it anyway.

And poeple think that's a bad thing. Nobody understands us.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 6th, 2003, 10:24:42 PM
I know her IRL; she's cool. Best friends sister and all. She was at TC for a bit.

I'm trying to help her with questions she has, etc. :)

Glad to have you here, Jackie. :).

Nyla_Corozan
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:54:12 AM
Thank you, Zasz. ;-)

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:40:54 PM
Join...hmmm.... I don't know. You can decide. Welcome to the SWfans forums.

I'm going to test one of the NR's new weapons capable of knocking out high ranking Imperials.

::Whips out New Republic/Rebellion (A branch of the GJO) brand frying pan::

Which one of you Imperials wants to be the test subject for stainless steel.

Don't mind the Empire there already in pieces.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:32:29 PM
Ahem. Pannings are the sole providence of those whom have proven worthy. We dont just allow anyone to wave one about. You have to prove your ability and humour before you are allowed to be so armed with such a weapon. You may now prove it is so, if you wish.

Ace McCloud
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:56:58 PM
:lol I knew that was coming.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:11:23 PM
Where does the need to prove your worth to weild a pan and hit Imperials come up as long as it's an Imperials that gets hurt in the use of it? Do I have to RP 90 days to create the frying pan superweapon? Do I need to have the Force to use it? Is it the new lightsaber or something? For once the non-important average RPer wants to use the special frying pan weapon.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:17:43 PM
Originally posted by Darriann Sollak
Where does the need to prove your worth to weild a pan and hit Imperials come up as long as it's an Imperials that gets hurt in the use of it? Do I have to RP 90 days to create the frying pan superweapon? Do I need to have the Force to use it? Is it the new lightsaber or something? For once the non-important average RPer wants to use the special frying pan weapon.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I have just been 0wnd by a brilliant smart butt reply. Yes, you may now use a pan on an Imperial of your choosing

:lol :lol :lol

Ace McCloud
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:28:34 PM
Rofl. Good job Sollak.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:50:14 PM
Thank's for the frying pan rights.

Any Imperial you say? Hmmm.

::Whacks the nearest Imperial Moff with the frying pan::

By order of this RPer you can now rule the back of this frying pan only Moff whoever.

Ah I believe justice has prevailed yet again.

Shanaria Fabool
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:15:49 PM
He is still new in the ways of panning... Marcus, maybe you could give a Demo on the proper use of the pan.

Rognan Dar
Dec 8th, 2003, 02:39:16 PM
Yeah! I'm sure he would like to see how its used...personally. :evil

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 8th, 2003, 03:28:11 PM
I'm sure you're also experts at pan handling. Why can't you demo?

I just got my frying pan so you can't blame me for not using it properly. Maybe it is only Jedi who know how to use it right.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 8th, 2003, 03:32:26 PM
This discussion on panning needs it's own thread. I'm sorry that your intro has been Hijacked.

::Puts frying pan away::

This discussion on panning has gone far enough here.

Helenias Evenstar
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:45:03 AM
Originally posted by Shanaria Fabool
He is still new in the ways of panning... Marcus, maybe you could give a Demo on the proper use of the pan.

But why, when there is so many other ways to inflict damage? for instance, if there is a willing male volunteer, I could show you a FORCE BOOT TO THE NUTS. Would you like to see that?

Sejah Haversh
Dec 9th, 2003, 04:05:58 AM
And, lo, the skies did rumble and turn black, and the gazelles of the Sereghetti fainted in awe of the great voice what boomed from the heavens.

"Hark," it called forth, the clouds splitting and the glow of a thousand suns blazing through and scorching the earth that it touched. "Thou hast angered me, foul noob, and so my retribution shall be swift and painful!"

And verily, an arm so burly that all its many muscled had toned abs emerged, and gripped in its powerful hand there were a pan of most heinous power, and of the blackest iron from the depths of the earth. The air trembled as yon great arm flexed, and a gale of wind leveled a nearby forest as the holy muscles did expand.

And as the pygmy mole rats did shudder, the foul pan was swung forth, and didst smash the offending peon with rediculous force, driving him straight throught he earth and hooking a left to wind up sprouting head-first in New Jersey. The land encompassing the impact was shattered and compressed to diamonds from the force of the blow, and yon crows were scattered to the four corners of the earth by the great winds which also blew out the candles of many a birthday cake, depriving millions of bithday wishes and dreams.

"Forsooth, it is done," the great voice thundered, and the pan of most excellent slammitude was withdrawn from the scarred and crystalline surface of the earth into the bank of boiling clouds. When the sky cleared, all in the land knew to think twice before doing something stupid. Yea verily yea.

(That good?)