PDA

View Full Version : A drinks do... (Open to politicians, diplomats, party sponsors etc)

Alexi Hesith
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:37:04 PM
"Helena, do hurry up. This glittering reception is due to start in thirty minutes and we shall be late," Alexi Hesith threw down the datapad and pulled on his jacket, "I wouldn't mind if I wasn't the host, and if it wasn't a mere eight floors down- if it was across town a late arrival might be accepted but when one lives over the venue..."

Helena emerged form the dressing room looking ravishing- he supposed ,at 8,000 credits, the dress should look good. She smiled sweetly at him, "Alexi, don't fuss. We will be threre in plenty of time. Now let me see your tie." She pulled him under the light and checked his tie, she undid it, re-tied it, and starightend it, and then smoothed his lapels. "There now. Much better," she glanced at her chronometer, "Come on then, why are westanding around. We'll be late." And off she walked, Alexi rolled his eyes and followed her.

The reception room was a large, high ceilinged room. The floor was made of polished wood, the walls a similar colour. It was all a very sophisticated illusion. The walls were akind of semi-holographic surface that could change colour- the walss were the same. It had been hideously expensive to install but had cut back on the number of reception room that were needed, and it had provided additional office space too. This had pleased Hesith no end.

Guests were already arriving- the low level senetorial staffers first. Hesith led his wife over to the double doors ready to recieve the higher level guests as they arrived. In his head Hesith was trying to recall the names of his most important guests, although he had the head of protocol at his elbow he prefered to rely on his own skills rather than someone else. Not that Kelok was bad at his job, Heith just liked to do it himself.

Tonight was to be another routine drinks reception for the diplomatic cricle. These receptions were held at least once a week, each time by a different senator, to allow informal mingling. Meeting in the Chamber drew the public attention, as did secret meetings in bars- but a routine drinks do was perfectly safe. Hesith had done some of his best negotiating at drinks do's in the past, and was sure he would do some more. Better yet business men could be invited without too much suspiscion.

He turned to Kelok who had just cleared his throat. He murmered in his ear, "Senator may I present..."