PDA

View Full Version : Who's in charge of security in the B&G?

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:38:16 PM
In this thread here:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33135

A Darksider has decided to attack a little girl. I know fighting is not allowed in the Bar and Grill, and since something major has happened, I figured security would come and nail the place down. Wei's trying to find the guy in charge (Rivin), but I thought it would be more realistic if I let the security people help me out a little.

Dark Lord Rivin
Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:34:09 PM
One attack is hardly a fight..... A fight requires two people attacking each other. Rivin was just trying to get a point across to Valora.

But feel free to come and lock down the bar. Just remember you can't arrest a person without proof that they did it. As far as anybody knows Rivin is only a darksider that went there for lunch.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:53:48 PM
NRSF would be on the door and should have already stepped in. The little girl would be able to give an account, and when that didn't match with Wei's and the other Jedi present, someone's butt would be canned.

Chris Raynark
Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:09:24 PM
*is watching.*

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:31:03 PM
Wei you should be able to NPC the NRSF coming to the "rescue."

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:17:25 PM
Ok. I figured I could. I just wanted to see if any NRSF accounts actually wanted to step in.

Rivin, you'll probably be let go, but Wei just wants a "word" with you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2003, 08:09:32 PM
You should have him arrested for fun. :p

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 08:31:57 PM
The NRSF would simply shoot the idiot who tried something like that.

Geee, real clever, attackign someone near a Jedi bar. Right up there with posting goat boy links.

Figrin D'an
Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:11:26 PM
Given that it's a Jedi establishment, GJO reserves the right to refuse service to and kick out anyone they wish.

So, just because someone may have not actually committed a crime, doesn't necessarily mean they get to stick around.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:35:09 PM
NRSF doesn't have jurisdiction there anymore.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:00:49 PM
Really? How odd. I didn't know that. Well, crud. Any Jedi care to help?

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:50:54 PM
Originally posted by Commander Zemil Vymes
NRSF doesn't have jurisdiction there anymore.

.... what? Since when?

Pierce Tondry
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:11:06 AM
If necessary, I can help. Pierce keeps an eye on the bar when he's free.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:17:36 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
.... what? Since when?

Since the NRSF decided they weren't going to bodyguard the Jedi...perhaps a year ago or more?

Figrin D'an
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:44:58 AM
The Jedi also kind of decided they didn't want their establishment turned into a mini miltary base, with lots of New Republic troops walking around armed to the teeth.

It's a Jedi place. Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters can carry weapons while inside. Everyone else checks their arms at the door. If there's trouble, the bartender or chef mearly has to trip the silent alarm, and plenty of Jedi will show up immediately.

Anyone is welcome, so long as they don't cause trouble. The good guys with the lightsabres get the final say on things, though.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 5th, 2003, 10:47:41 AM
Not to mention that the NRSF are either on duty or off duty. If they are on duty, they are in the field, shooting things and blowing stuff up real good. If they are off duty, they are praticing shooting things and blowing stuff up real good or cooling down from shooting things and blowing stuff up real good.

The NRSF avoids Coruscant unless its top brass or are staging something before hitting the field.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2003, 10:50:28 AM
Okay. so maybe not the NRSF. but some guards on the door taking weapons.

Droo
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:40:51 AM
I have never seen the point behind guards on the doors there anyway, you don't have them in the Cantina at Mos Eisley or the Outlander club in Episode II. What's the point if not to stray away from the example set by the very core material by which we roleplay?

When it comes to weapons in the Bar and Grill, I say: "We need guns. Lots of guns." >D

Daria Nytherciria
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:55:07 AM
Oh yes, let's allow Sith to wander in with guns and lightsabers. That sounds fabulous! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:59:54 AM
I've never understood why Sith went to the B&G in the first place. Gotta be real thirsty to sit by a Jedi, I say. :x

:)

Droo
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:01:03 PM
Just a note about the Bar and Grill, is it actually a Jedi establishment or is it a place where all the Jedi just happen to frequent often? If it's the former then why? Don't we have mess halls and canteens in the temple and what would be the point of having a Jedi bar and grill smack bang in the middle of the Coruscant public? I've never quite understood that.

I really don't see what the gun issue is though with that forum, I mean why is this one bar treated so different than the rest? Why did it have NRSF soldiers and now maybe even guards on the doors? Why the special treatment?

I think it would be better to be rid of the no guns rule; let those who want a fight, fight and those who want to sit down and chat, sit down and chat. I doubt it will suddenly make every quiet thread suddenly turn into a free-for-all shoot-em-up. I think this really needs considering.

Daria Nytherciria
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:01:17 PM
@LD: To scope out the opposition (and mock them) :p

Pierce Tondry
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:49:06 PM
@ Dru: I've always viewed it as a Jedi owned and operated establishment. I've also always seen the purpose as being a kind of low-key public relations tool. A way to allow the common universe to interact with Jedi on a personal level and see their beliefs in action, as it were.

And since the Jedi don't believe in violence or naked aggression, they have a door check for weaponry, particularly blasters.

Figrin D'an
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:10:54 PM
Pierce sums it up fairly well. The B&G is owned and operated by the Jedi. It's a place for Jedi to gather, away from the temple itself, in a less formal setting, and for the public to interact with the Jedi. The "no weapons clause" is just simple security measure to protect the patrons.

Much of the security matters surrounding the B&G were discussed by the staff, and revamped considerably. Basically, it's now limited to the following:

- Weapons check at the door.

- Only Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters are allowed to carry arms inside.

Besides, if someone wants to start a fight thread, all they have to do is seek out permission from a staff member.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:30:16 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Besides, if someone wants to start a fight thread, all they have to do is seek out permission from a staff member.

Ah! So this Rivin fellow started a spot of trouble without seeking permission from a member of staff? In that case, I say we kick his...protect the peace and justice, of course. :mischief

What Pierce and Figrin have said sounds like a reasonable explanation for the way things are, I guess there's no real need to change the way things are in the B&G. They generally work well anyway.