PDA

View Full Version : Ol' Fashioned Showdown (open)

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:21:53 AM
Ace Shipbuster was a big guy at 6' 5" (tall for a Zabrak) and it just seemed like big trouble followed him everywhere. He had a pretty average life, got into some trouble as a kid, but who didn't? But lately it seemed like he was getting into more trouble than usual ... and he was an adult now!

He was being chased by the ex-gang members of the now deceased Jerba the Hutt. But some other slime ball had taken over the gang, Alle-Ge Deaus. Ace had borrowed some money to pay for ship repairs and now Deaus wanted his money back.

Blaster fire trailed after Ace as he dashed down a dark ally way.

"Christ! I said I'd pay 'im back next week!" he yelled as he ran, taking pot-shots at his would-be assassins.

Growing up in some of the rougher parts of Coruscant, Ace had become a pretty good sharp-shooter. One the goons dropped as he was struck in the skull by Ace's blaster bolt.

"I guess it's time for an ol' fashioned show down, eh, boys?" Ace said as he hit a dead-end.

Ace grabbed another blaster pistol from its holster and spun them both on his pointer fingers.

"Let's rock n' roll..."

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:29:08 PM
"Hold the show"

The racheting sound of a flechette gun rained like thunderclaps down the dead-end alleyway. The thugs didn't move. They weren't as suicidal as I was. Nothing was waiting for them besides an ice-cold barrel and red-hot scattershot, anyways. I spoke with the deadpan growl of a cold fish. The difference between myself and that kind of man was near and far. I didn't have a rap sheet, so somehow, I was vindicated in being behind the business end of this street howitzer.

"Coruscant Watch. Now, we're all gonna be cool, or there's gonna be body bags, and I don't want that."

I glanced past the assorted backs of hoodies heads, and toward the beanpole with the popguns.

"We crystal?"

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:28:00 AM
Ace looked past the goons and saw that perhaps he had an ally in this.

One of the thugs counted their numbers and chuckled to himself.

"Hey bub, I hate to break it to you, but it looks like you're sorely outnumbered. Twelve to two."

Ace grunted, "I've seen worse odds, and I'm sure our friend here has as well ..."

The Zabrak flicked off the safety on his blaster.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:50:03 AM
"You die first."

I pressed the cold end of my flechette gun against Mr. Talkative's skull.

"You want to play Billy Badass and jump a beat cop, I'll turn your head inside out, got it?"

The crowd began to stir. I one-handed the street-sweeper, and palmed my handblaster across my body, leveling it at an agitated thug.

"You're second."

I didn't flinch.

"I don't give a damn what the score is here, and I'm not playing ego games. Cool your jets, or you're going to be in a world of hell. You hose a beat cop, and you'll be seeing tombstones and daisies in the eyes of everyone you meet."

I thumbed the hammer actuator on my blaster.

"But I guarantee, you'll see Hell before I do."

Zorah Densen
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:27:05 AM
Phut!

The flat muffled sound of a needle beamed blaster finding it's mark caught and held the group's attention for all of two seconds. It was the body of thug #2 hitting the pavement - right at the feet of Mr. Talkative - from three stories up that brought complete silence.

A bright red 'X' appeared on the back of the dead man and began to slowly travel along the corpse. Dipping onto the permacrete, it crawled at a snail's pace through the middle of the mesmerized gathering until it found purchase on the toes of one boot belonging to a rough looking Gran. Up his pant legs, it paused then centered momentarily on his crotch before resuming its travels.

Belly-high and it still traversed the now quivering male who's eyes were standing out further than Gran-ly possible. The 'X' hung on his chest then crept along his throat before finally coming to its journeys end. Dissecting the bridge of his nose, the 'X' froze in place.

"X marks the spot." Coruscant Watch Sergeant Zorah Densen gently squeezed the trigger of the concussion missle launcher, depressing the lever to the point where all that was needed to fire the weapon was a slight breeze.

"Youre covered, Vymes." Whisper soft, Zorah's voice trickled into the commander's ear.

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:36:03 AM
Ace's eyes shot around the alley looking for the sniper. At the top of one of the sky scapers he caught sight of a human female, perched and ready to fire.

Man, I hope one those bullets doesn't come in my direction, Ace thought to himself, that'd ruin my weekend real quick.

"Screw this!" Mr. Talkative cried out. "Ain't no one takin' The Red Rancors hostage! Kill 'em boys!"

The goons opened fire on Vymes and took pot shots at the rooftops. It was almost as if they had forgotten about Ace all together. And though it was definitely in his best interest to slip away unnoticed, Ace couldn't help but join the fight.

Ace fired with his heavy blaster pistols and caught a Twi'llek square in the chest. However, the blaster bolt bounced off the thug's heavy armor, who then decided to return the favor.

The Zabrak ducked low to avoid the on-coming fire and then rolled to the left and took two more shots putting a gaping hole where the Twi'lek's face used to be.

kyle dark
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:28:05 AM
walks into the area and sees fellow offacers in a fire fight

" o <smallfont color=#ff00ff>-I SUCK AT READING THE FAQ-</smallfont>" turns on his s22 shock rifle and runs in to help

"the calvery has arived " fires and takes off the legs on one of the gang members

"how ya like that" sholders it and takes out his pistol and fires 6 shots and hit a bulls eye on another gang member

"o baby yes this is what i joined for"

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:41:58 AM
OOC: Kyle, you aren't a member of the Coruscant Watch. To do so, you'd have to do a RP where you join up, etc.

And Ace, the "talkative" gangster has my flechette cannon at the base of his skull. He'd barely have time to give the word before I pureed his skull. You wouldn't be able to get the kill shot on him.

IC:

Before the words were out of his mouth, he was dead. I don't bluff. The trigger squeezed, and the lead thug's face blew apart, dropping his body to the ground.

"Krasst."

I fell to the ground, rolling over the dead thug's falling figure. It was about to get bad. Far worse than I'd hoped. I racheted my shell gun behind the thug's corpse, which began to fill with several blaster shots from the cross fire. I popped up, hitting one punk in the midsection with a full choke. Another was mowed down from the dead end, and Zorah plinked one at my six.

Hell in a handbasket was a kind understatement. The elevator to hell was full of fat guys and anvils, and the cable was made of cotton. It was all about to go down.

Zorah Densen
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:11:13 PM
Through the scope of the grenade launcher, Densen watched as the situation turned ugly. A couple of the gang members took cover behind a large trash receptacle. Zeroing in, Zorah squeezed the trigger as she spoke into the small headset.

"Stay down, Vymes. Concussion grenade to the bin."

It hit perfectly, bouncing off the building's wall to drop behind the large canister. A second later it went off, pushing the bin several feet from its previous location and flattening the two hiding there.

Dropping the launcher at her feet, Densen snatched up the sniper rifle and popped a few shots off at one persistent thug who was intent on picking off the commander.

Radzyn Boomtown
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:36:24 PM
Coming up quietly behind the gunslinger who opened fire on what to him looked like his commander, Radz leaned around a large trash bin and pointed his heavy slug thrower at Ace's six that could be seen form where the trigger happy man was taking cover.

"Coruscant Watch! Drop your weapon our I drop it for you bud!"

The barrel aimed center mass and would sure to put the hurt on the perp if he decided wrongly.

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:44:48 PM
OOC: Vymes, I edited my post that so I just killed some other goon.

IC:
Ace quickly dropped his smoking blasters to the ground.

"Hey, man, I'm not looking for trouble! But I think your boss might need some help."

Ace nodded in the direction of Vymes who was taking some heavy fire.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:41:42 AM
I drew my pistol across my torso, and burned down another hoodie who had my number. From there, I rolled to my feet, and swung my flechette gun like a club, whipping another man at his kneecaps. He went down, and I brought the stock of the weapon across his face to put his lights out. By now, it was all but done. It was me, Zorah and Boomtown facing off against the beanpole, who'd gotten the right idea about standing down, and a punk too wet behind the ears to have the stomach to fight anymore.

"Throw it down, boy!"

It didn't stop me from aiming dead center. Fortunately, it was enough convincing. The thug's pistol clattered to the ground, and I moved in, kicking it away.

"On the ground, both of you!"

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:47:16 AM
delete

Zorah Densen
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:01:17 AM
Running the scope of the sniper rifle over the area once more for good measure, Zorah turned and crept along the rooftop, making sure that there were no surprises waiting at the other end of the alley for her fellow Watch officers.

Ground level was clear and Densen then scanned the neighboring roofs. No movement came from any direction.

"Youre all clear. Want me to bring the cruiser around?"

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 11th, 2003, 05:27:38 PM
Ace looked around the ally and saw the scattered corpses.

Well, guess I ain't gotta worry about them, anymore, he thought to himself. Let's just hope this trigger-happy psycho doesn't take me out for not saying the right thing.

The cop that had a blaster to Ace's skull, handcuffed him with some binders. And he wasn't all too nice about it either.

Ace had the right mind to lump him a good one, but he decided it best to cooperate, especially with the sniper on the roof and good ol' shoot-'em-up standing right there.

Radzyn Boomtown
Dec 11th, 2003, 10:08:44 PM
With Vymes taking care of the other perp, "Boomer" cuffed the big guy knowing they had a "Guardian Angel" above. Ace didnt put up a fight really, made it pretty easy, so "Boomer" eased up on him.

"Alright, let's go....over there by the other guy."

He said as he walked Ace to where Vymes had the other guy. Having Ace stop next to the other gunman, Radz looked over the surrounding area, They made a pretty good mess of it. Could'a been worse though.

Placing his slug thrower back in its shoulder holster under his jacket, "Boomer" went and checked the dropped perps.... yep, gone.

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 12th, 2003, 11:23:00 AM
The one survivor was a big fat Gamorrean. The hog man snorted something in his native tongue.

Ace didn't understand what the foul-smelling creature said and just ignored him. Then in basic he snarled, "Your a** is dead, Shipbuster."

"Hey I don't know if you noticed, but we're both in handcuffs, buddy."

"I'm gonna gut you, you dirty son of a-"

WHACK! Ace head-butted the Gamorrean and the hoodie was knocked-out.

"Just, shut up," Ace muttered to the unconscious thug. "Dammit, now I have a headache, prick."

Commander Zemil Vymes
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:42:01 PM
I whirled "Spike" around on a heel. Whatever patience I had was boiling the lid off the pot right now.

"I said on the ground! Either voluntarily, or with help."

Holstering my pistol, I glared ice at the Zabrak.

"You don't want the kind of help I'm offering, kid."

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:15:35 PM
Ace did as he was ordered. It wasn't worth getting a blaster bolt to the head for disobeying.

Man, this got way too ugly for my liking, the Zabrak thought to himself.

He sat against the concrete building thinking of how he was gonna explain this to the coppers.

Radzyn Boomtown
Dec 27th, 2003, 05:14:58 PM
Radz looked up from wherehe was crouched by another of the dead hoodlums, this guy was lookin' for a death wish.

"Not wise to get the boss here all riled up like that.....pretty unhealthy too."

He went back to checking the rest....yep...only this git and the one rubbing his face as he came too survived. Pulling out his communit, Radz contacted dispatch.

"We need a meat truck behind the old Blue Nova Lounge."

The tiny speaker off the hand unit squelched to life with confirmation of the request and Radz clipped it to his back pocket again.

Looking at Sgt. Densen, "Boomer" Nodded to her.

"Yeah, bring it around and we'll load them up."

He stepped next to Vymes and took a look around as he sighed.

"Jus' those two sir......they certainly made a frelling mess."

Zorah Densen
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:06:17 AM
Rooftops were nice and offered all kinds of perspectives and angles. Like the one she had now. Peering through the scope of the sniper rifle, Densen could see tiny scratches and natural flaws in the Zabrak's horns - one was even just a bit taller than the others.

Bet I could level that off before he could -

"Yeah, bring it around and we'll load them up."

Zorah scowled but lowered her weapon. Boomer always seemed to interrupt her at the wrong time. Signaling with a hand to the officers outside the alley to bring the 'wagon' around, the redhead hopped her way off the roof - from a window outcropping, to dumpster then to the alley floor proper.

Strolling up behind Vymes, she took in his ruffled appearance and compared it to Radzyn's still neatly coiffed hair and unrumpled clothing.

"I'll lay you odds that in six months or less, pretty boy over there makes the cover of The Watch Weekly."

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 31st, 2003, 07:18:22 PM
Ace looked up at Zorah and "Boomer" and smirked slightly at the female's wry comment. He almost said something but then he caught Vymes' gaze and decided it best to keep his mouth shut.

Man, this guy might shoot me for sitting the wrong way, Ace thought to himself.