PDA

View Full Version : Walks In (Open/Kanji)...

V'aelna
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:23:49 PM
V'aelna was out walking around the the GJO Grounds with Kanji, for the last 2 days since she was givin the Okay to stay in one of the GJO guest rooms (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30398&perpage=20&pagenumber=5) , when she sees a part of a building where people keep comming in and out of. Without letting Kanji know she went off to take a closer look at the place.

She walks into the RC, looking around at everything, as if she was amased at what she saw. After a few moments it is clear that she is lost in the croud of people. She trys to get the attention of somebody, but most of them just ignore her. so she desides to speek, even though she doesn't know how to speek basic...

"Ga Marea Hatoe! Ah a L'eowa!"

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:31:59 PM
"Pardon?"

Wei got up from his seat amongst a few nervous looking recruits and walked over to her. "I'm afraid I couldn't understand a word you said."

Wei smiled and his face flushed. This was a bit embarassing. If Wei couldn't understand her, then there was no way she'd be able to understand him. But he would try anyway.

Wei changed his smile to a more friendly one, and held out a hand for her to shake. Hopefully she would understand the gesture as one of welcome.

V'aelna
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:44:19 PM
V'aelna looks at Wei when he approches her. She smiles and shakes his hand. She doesn't know why people do that but, she has seen it done many times.

"Haoh...ma Nee a V'aelna."

She then recalls him saying that he did not understand a word she said before, so why would now be diffrent.

She places her left hand on her chest and says....

"V'aelna...ma Nee a V'aelna"

She gives him a questioning look and says....

""Wee Ta a Nee?"

It's clear that she can understand what hs said, just she can not speek basic herself

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:57:49 PM
Wei smiled and felt his face grow warm again. "Wei Wu Wei," He said, mimicking her movement.

"How may I help you, V'aelna?"

V'aelna
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:00:40 PM
V'aelna shrugs, not knowing how to explane her problem in a way he might understand.

So she looks in in the Eyes and starts to place images in to the part of his mind that that regiesters sight. I images look like they are from her point of view..

She's running.... thugs are after her.... they tackle her.... She looks up to see Kanji....The thugs try and run off with her... AB shows up, and the two of them stop the thugs.... They bring her to the GJO, and let her stay in a guest room... The image of a sun rising and setting twice goes past in the back ground as the image fades to an image of her and Kanji walking around the GJO.

Wei can feel a sence of happiness along with the images of her at the GJO. The Images fade again but now to the images of Cages....people in cages.... With these images comes a sences of fear, and sadness.... She then puts a red X over the picture of the cages.

V'aelna then averts her gaze from Wei's eyes and the images go away. She gives Wei a questioning glance hoping that He will understand her message.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:46:47 PM
"Oh. I see. You want to stop the cage thing. Well, it appears that you already have some Force talent. And your motives seem to me to be pure. I don't suppose the Jedi you were with told you anything about the Jedi lifestyle? How hard it is."

V'aelna
Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:44:29 PM
V'aelna shakes her head to answer Wei's question about weather she had been told about the Jedi lifestyle.

"Nota...."

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:10:34 PM
Wei nodded. "Come, sit with me."

Wei pointed to two empty seats side by side in a corner. Wei walked over and sat down, and motioned for her to sit too.

"I won't beat around the bush about this, V'aelna. Being a Jedi is a very difficult thing to do. Jedi work for the betterment of the entire universe. When you become a Jedi you will be made to choose between doing what you want, and doing what is best for the other person. And you will be mocked and ridiculed for doing the right thing. The followers of the Dark Side will not stop heckling you about your decision to join the Light."

Wei adjusted his glasses and continued on. "You will be a role model for everyone that sees you. You must carefully watch what you do and say. You are the example of what sort of good people should strive to achieve. You will not be able to act carelessly. Do you understand all this?"

V'aelna
Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:10:19 PM
V'aelna walks over to the seats. she sits down and listens to what Wei has to say. After Wei has finished talking and asks if she understands, V'aelna shakes her head again.

Even though she has been around the jedi for the last two days she still doesn't understand the concept of the Jedi. She understands the part about choosing between doing what she wants, and doing what is best for the other person, and the part about being a role model, but at the parts about The Force, The lightside and the darkside, it is obvouse that she is confused.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:14:26 PM
Wei sat and thought. "What part don't you understand?" he asked her.

Wei knew that she wouldn't be able to outright tell him, but maybe he could get something from her odd speech.

V'aelna
Dec 4th, 2003, 10:23:27 AM
V'aelna thinks for a moment, since there is no word for the jedi in her language, she trys to answer Wei's question by saying...

"Jaadie..."

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:48:12 PM
"What? About the Jedi? So, what about them do you not understand? Is is what the Jedi do?"

V'aelna
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:39:15 PM
V'aelna nods...

"Yaha! Jaadie.... Whae a Jaadie?"

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:15:33 PM
Wei nodded. "Well, a Jedi is a person who uses his or her Force talents to do good things. Like protect people."

V'aelna
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:39:08 AM
V'aelna is still confused....

"Forss? Whae a Forss?"

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:25:30 PM
Wei paused. The Force had always been hard to explain. Wei thought it over in his head. It wasn't something he could define, but he knew it was there none the less.

"The Force is something that exists inside everything. In me, in you, in this building. It's everywhere. It's what gives us Jedi our abilities. Like levitation, for example."

Wei pointed his hand palm outward at V'aelna and soon her hair began to float upward. "I use the Force to do that."

Wei put his hand down and V'aelna's hair spilled all over the top of her head. "Sorry about that." Wei said, and with a flick of his hand he put her hair back with the Force.

"The Force is difficult to define, but it is there."

V'aelna
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:36:50 PM
V'aelna nods as Wei gives his demostration...

"Forss a ah Peara Oh Dah O'ssa! Mah evah da Peara Oh Dah O'ssa!"

V'aelna holds up one hand and Wei's glasses lift off his face and land onto of his head.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:40:07 PM
Wei raised his eyebrows as he felt the small weight on his nose lessen as his glasses were taken off his face. V'aelna suddenly became fuzzy around her edges.

"Yes, like that. You have just used the Force."

Wei sure did wish he knew what she was saying. Her last couple of sentences had sounded a lot like Basic, so he understood those. But this new sentence was not at all understandable.

V'aelna
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:41:00 PM
V'aelna sees that Wei doesn't understand what she said. She doesn't know how she can explane, but all that really matters is she understands what Wei meen by the Force.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 11th, 2003, 09:05:46 PM
Wei sat back and started thinking. V'aelna was a good girl with a good heart. But Wei wasn't at all convinced that she knew what she was getting herself into. He could talk to her, but he kept getting the mounting feeling that words weren't going to cut it. Words never cut it, even if the other person spoke Basic, but it was at least easier to know whether or not the other person understood.

"V'aelna, I see that you understand the Force. And I've explained to you what Jedi do with the Force. Do you understand what it is you will be doing for the rest of your life? Do you understand the completely the impact your decision will have on your life?"

V'aelna
Dec 12th, 2003, 05:20:33 PM
V'aelna nods to Wei's question.

She want to explane how she understands so again she looks Wei in the Eyes and projects some Images.

There is a woman in decorated animal skins standing in front of a number of almost nakid people. She looks important. She looks like a younger V'aelna. She seems to be the one in charge, making the choices of Justice and Contravircy. It seems like the people look up to her, respect her, and come to her for help.

The Image then fades to the middle of the night, looking into a bunch of tents in the middle of a desert. The stillness of the night is broken by large bolts of light comming from the sky. V'aelna rushes out of her tent, to see three landing craft coming down from the sky. She yells something to the others and shortly after the other people are running deeper into the desert or dying from the bolts of light, But V'aelna dosen't run. She drops to her knees with her hands above her head and starts to chant something.

As she starts to chant the sands of the desert start to rise as the wind starts to howl around her. The winds ge so strong that some of the landing craft crash into each other. but one of craft makes it to the ground, and people waring black shock armor come storming out of the transport.

Some of the shock troops charge at her the rest swarm into the desert after the fleeing people. V'aelna waves a hand and yells something towards the troopers going into the desert , and causes a sand dune to cave in on them submerging most of then under a pile of sand.

The rest of the trooper charge her with stun clubs, as she picks up a staff, and takes a defencive stance. she takes out 3 of them with the staff before a stun bolt from a blaster hits her in the back, and the image blacks out.

The image then fades in again with the picture of the people in the cages that she showed Wei earlier. Some of the other people in the cages look like some of the people that were running away in the desert. Thugs walk between the cages. They look like Talzen's Thugs by the outfits they have on.

V'aelna brakes her eye contact with Wei and the images go away.

She looks at Wei with a questioning look, wanting to know if he understands how she could understand the comitment that would be placed on her.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 15th, 2003, 10:01:37 AM
"Well, you were quite the fighter." Wei offered a weary grin. He still wasn't sure though.

"Tell you what," Wei said at last. "I'm going to accept you into the Order. But I want you to make your best effort to learn Basic, ok? You're going to be deailng with a lot of people that know Basic and it is in your best interest that you learn to speak the language. And you will also be learning Force technique once you find a Master. But you need not sit and wait. Go out there and get to learning some Basic until you can find a teacher."

Wei got up. "I will see you around V'aelna. I'll be checking now and then to see how your Basic is coming. If you need any help with anything, you come find me ok?"

V'aelna
Dec 15th, 2003, 10:46:46 AM
V'aelna nods, smiles, and hugs Wei... then looks around, and gets as sheepish look on her face...

"Ah a L'eowa..." She then pauses, and places a hand on herself and strugles to force out one word..."lost."

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 15th, 2003, 12:29:04 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow. "Lost? Well, come on then. I've got a remedy for that."

Wei went over to the desk and rummaged in the drawers until he found a small datapad with a map on it. "Here it is!" Wei said triumphantly. "Took me less time than it did before to find it, too."

Wei handed the map to her. "Press the button. It'll make a map appear. You can come with me and use the map to get around."

V'aelna
Dec 22nd, 2003, 02:44:05 PM
V'aelna takes the map and presses the button. The map appears on the screen. The sudden change from a black screen to a color map frightens her, causing her to drop it on the floor and back away from it quickly

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:41:08 PM
Wei chuckled and stooped to pick the map up off the ground.

"It's ok," he said with a smile and holding out his hand. "It's all right. Come here." Wei beckoned her with his outstretched hand."

V'aelna
Jan 5th, 2004, 12:11:07 PM
She looks at the pad, then at Wei. She takes Wei outstreched hand and walks towards Wei slowly.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 5th, 2004, 10:56:11 PM
"That's a good girl. See here?" Wei said, taking her hand and pointing her finger at a small dot. "That's where we are."

Wei then panned the map out so they could see the Living Quarters on the map. "And there's the Living Quarters. So, all we have to do is follow along this path here..." Wei said, moving her finger along the line connecting the dot and the Living Quarters, "...and we'll be right where we want to go."

V'aelna
Jan 6th, 2004, 05:35:52 PM
V'aelna looks at the map seeming to be both confused and afraid of the digital map. Everytime the image changes, or other lights flash on the pad, She cringes away from the pad. She also doesn't see how Wei can tell which way they need to walk, since there are no landmarks noted, no path that the sun takes marked, and no star referances marked on the map.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 7th, 2004, 02:18:40 PM
Wei felt her hand flinch as the datapad did its thing. "Let's see. We want to go this way," he said and pointed at the door. "Come on."

As they walked, the dot on the map moved closer to where there was a designation for a door. "See, look. The dot moved closer to the marking for the door."

V'aelna
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:33:29 PM
V'aelna nods, seeing that the dot was moving, but to her it still ment nothing since she did not understand the symbols on the map in the first place. It is also clear that she is still not trusting in the pad, but goes along with Wei anyway.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 7th, 2004, 05:00:36 PM
Wei could tell she still didn't get it, so he started to fiddle with the pad until the Living Quarters glowed green on the map.

"Ok, let's try this instead. See the green dot? When the red and green dots touch, we're where we need to be."

Wei turned and began to walk down the street. As the two continued on, the red dot and green dot began to get closer and closer togther.

"We've got to teach you Basic, little one." Wei said.

V'aelna
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:04:37 PM
V'aelna nods, understanding that not everybody will be as tolorent with her not being able to speek basic. She walks with Wei till she sees the Living Quarters front doors.

She smiles as she sees the building..

"Taoh fa de Hatoe!..."

She then pauses remembering that he doesn't understand her language, so she uses the universal sign language to say "Thank you" Hoping that he can understand Sign Language.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:13:49 PM
Wei recognized the gesture. He had seen it used on a children's show. "You're welcome," he said.

Wei still had no idea if she understood the map by now. But by now it was a little too late to care. Wei smiled. She was a cute girl. He appreciated the excited tones in her voice and her language made her seem so young at heart. It was like watching a child discover something for the first time.

"Is there anything else you would like my help with, miss?"

V'aelna
Jan 14th, 2004, 01:20:18 PM
V'aelna shakes her head...

"Nota. Mah otay."

V'aelna then hugs Wei and skips off to the Living Quarters.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 14th, 2004, 03:24:09 PM
Wei returned the hug and watched V'aelna skip off to go do something else. "Cute kid," Wei said to himself. He turned to go, paused for a moment and nodded his head. "Yeah. Cute kid."

And with that Wei walked back to the Recruitment Center, enjoying the sunshine and whistling a happy tune.