PDA

View Full Version : Force Development?

Rognan Dar
Dec 1st, 2003, 02:59:33 PM
Ok, I was watching X-2 last night and had a thought about mixing a little of what I saw with what is here. And that is with the mutant Jason Striker(spa?). He is the mutant with the power to make illusions. And with that illusion power he could make someone think that they were somewhere else. Almost hypnotize them to do what he wants. And that brings me back to me question (or brings me to it). Could a a force illusionist become so good at illusions that they are able to do this? To be able to enter someones mind and almost control them with a powerful and real feeling illusion? It would have to be watched greatly and wouldn't work so well with strong minded people. But is this something that might be aloud?

Charley
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:02:44 PM
Akrabbim does this, but he's a master.

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:07:00 PM
Force Illusionists are fairly commonplace around here, yeah =) Don't know if they neccesarily get inside the people's heads or if they just create the illusion to mess with their senses.

Pretty sure that if they actually tried to get inside their heads though, the illusionist would be pretty much trapped inside the illusion as well, in regards to still being able to function in the real world as well as maintaining the world in their victim's mind.

As for Jason Striker/Wynguarde/Mastermind, he didn't have too much connection to the physical world, which was why his illusions could be so powerful (Or at least, that's what I figure)

Rognan Dar
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:10:42 PM
As for Jason Striker/Wynguarde/Mastermind, he didn't have too much connection to the physical world, which was why his illusions could be so powerful (Or at least, that's what I figure)

I think that might be correct.

Akrabbim does this, but he's a master

But does he lead them on a path, per say, to were he might want. Like: to control a guard to unlock the door or something. Though, that might not need to have a great amount of illusion there.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:15:21 PM
He can, if so desired.

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:18:33 PM
It wouldn't so much be a matter of controlling them to do so, but playing an illusion through their senses that would give them reason to want the door opened, no?

Though force mind control's a much more direct route for those kinds of things.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2003, 06:08:57 PM
Something like that, controling someone totally with a total illusion to make them do what you want = Dark Side , imo. A Jedi would not do that.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 1st, 2003, 06:54:03 PM
I might, but I'm mean. :) Actually, I prolly wouldn't. That's more the Force Persuasion thing. An illusionist would just more than likely appear to be someone with the authority to have the door opened.

Rognan Dar
Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:55:24 PM
LD: I wasn't thinking of using it for Rog. I was just mearly interested in seeing if this would be accepted. But to take something from a different world (X-Men) and put it into this one (StarWars) could be used and explained in different ways.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:02:30 PM
That's certainly allowable, but the character that used it would have to have extensive training on the subject before he/she/it would be able to pull it off. Master status, IMO.