PDA

View Full Version : Into the Fold [complete]

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:06:45 PM
[recruitment thread: <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32498>Awaken the Beast Within</a> ]

Lilaena landed the ship smoothly, and unbuckled her restraints, heading back to where the giant Gash was resting in the main area of the ship. She banged on the bulkhead with her fist, waking him up. "We are here."

Gash
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:56:23 PM
The giant made no reply, merely standing up and stretching briefly. His lumpish expression made clear his willingness to follow De'Ville.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2003, 05:56:55 PM
She stared at him a moment, and then shrugged her slim shoulders and turned around, activating the controls that opened the hatch and extended the ramp. De'Ville walked down onto the longterm docking pad, knowing that the giant was following her.

The speeder she usually used was...probably just large enough to fit him inside. He could stretch out his legs, perhaps. They walked in silence to the front of the nearly empty spaceport, and she indicated the stretched black speeder that was waiting for them. "Our ride."

The driver had the door open, but he looked a little non-plussed at the size of his passenger.

Gash
Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:46:06 PM
Somehow or other-other probably involving a good deal of brute force-Gash managed not just to cram himself into the speeder, but even to provide a respectable amount of space for De'Ville.

"Now...where are we, again?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2003, 08:00:29 PM
"Onderon, a planet that has basically fallen off the face of the universe for thousands of years. The NR and the Empire have both forgotten about it, allowing it to survive alone and ruling itself." She pulled her legs up onto the seat underneath her, taking up the smallest possible space while Gash attempted to get a little more comfortable.

The sleek black limosine-like speeder wove slowly through the busy streets, respulsors keeping a comfortable cushion of air underneath it. De'Ville smiled at the giant, "I am the advisor to the high king of Iziz City, the only habitable city on Onderon. You might have seen the walls of the city as we landed. They were built to keep everything else that lives on Onderon...out."

Gash
Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:01:19 PM
"Else being...what? Natives, or animals?" Adamantly, he refused to take the extra space she offered; both a vestige of good manners, and an acknowledgement of the regard in which he held her. He was not about to take Lilaena De'Ville's space.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:14:56 PM
She looked out the tinted windows, pointing up suddenly at the soaring beastrider patrol visible above the buildings. "Animals. Viscious beasts of a kind unknown in the rest of the galaxy. The humans of Onderon have tamed a specific species of flying beast and they serve to protect the city from attackers."

Lilaena settled back in her seat once more, draping an arm casually along the back of the seat. "The Beastrider kennels are quite fascinating, but I do not have a lot of time to spend there. You will have free reign of the entire city, within the discretion of your master. Because you have been brought here to learn about the nature of the living Force...and will be taught how to use it."

Gash
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:59:33 PM
"Force," repeated the monosyllabic giant. "As in Jedi?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2003, 05:31:18 PM
"Yes, like the Jedi. And yet, unlike them. We use the whole Force, and so have more power than the Jedi." The speeder slowed, and stopped. "Ah, we are here."

Lilaena waited for the driver to open the door, and she climbed out.

Gash
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:31:07 PM
"I see." He didn't, really; this business of the 'whole' Force was a bit odd. But he wasn't going to push it.

The speeder stopped, and with a groan of stressed metal the other door permitted him to exit. He stood; the roof only came up a bit past his waist. He looked across at De'Ville. "And here is...?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:42:27 PM
They could hear what sounded like growling and roaring coming from behind the thick walls of the compound they'd pulled up to. "The Beastrider Kennels. I have someone I want you to meet, and he is here."

They made it through the gates with little difficulty, and passed a group of Mandalorian warriors being trained on how to handle the ferocious flying beasts. "Garrett Blade will be teaching you how to use the Force. He's....ah, here he is." De'Ville stopped walking, and Gash caught sight of a large man, even taller than himself. "Blade! Someone to see you."

Garrett Blade
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:49:26 PM
He twirlled round at the mention of his name. His hands hung beside his body, slightly limp and flimsy. He was wearing a long flowing royal blue velvet robe with cravatte's emerging from the low-cut, draping sleeves that treaded along the floor with the bottom of the robes - which was quite remarkable given his size. Atop his head rested a tophat, and a small rodent resided on his shoulder He cocked his head to one side as he looked the brute up and down.

"Big fella, eh!?"

He eyed De'Ville playfully, smiling to himself. He tossed something resembling food into the kennel he stood by and approached the sith and her large companion. The rodent on his shoulder kept its eyes on the kennel as Garrett addressed the two guests.

"Well I must say Lilly, its rare I see you in this part of the city. How are things back at the palace? I trust the sheets are clean and the fires are burning. Whats for tonight? Smoked Cockeel chicks in a fine exotic spicy sauce, along with a side of fresh vegetables from the palace garden, washed down with the finest brews the market has to offer?"

He paused, only to allow his smile to grow just that little wider.

"Or will you be joining me in my hut for bantha poodoo dipped in treacle for a change?"

And then came the laugh. For a man of his size, one might expect a coarse, dark, resonant, intimidating, foreboding, unwelcoming, untrustworthy, maniacle, malevolent, hateful, spiteful, gut-wrentching boom of a laugh. But no. Instead, Garrett just howled like a child who'd just seen his teacher sit on a pin. His face turned a healthy shade of red as he gasped for breath in between giggles. He tried to speak during his joygasm.

"I'm sorry. I'm just kidding. I couldn't help myself. So how are things back at the Parvenu Palace? I trust its still standing. But enough about that, hows yourself? I didn't embarass you too much at that shin-dig last week, I hope!?"

He didn't wait for an answer. His mind, no matter what its stability, always ran faster than his words or his actions, even faster than the minds of others.

"So who is this...this some-ONE for me to see and them to see me!? Are you sure there weren't more and this fellow hasn't eaten the rest!?".

Gash
Dec 8th, 2003, 09:28:27 AM
"I did. They were delicious." Gash's voice was suited to his body, or at least more so than Blade's; deep and gravelly, it did contain a hint of a whine if one listened close enough.

In someone else, that might have been taken as a joke. From Gash...well...Gash's attempts at jokes were enough to make the least discriminating connisseur of humour wince. He considered 'why did the chicken cross the road' the height of sophistication.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:02:41 AM
"A new pupil for you, Blade." Lliaena allowed herself a half-smile at Garrett's antics, trying to keep from laughing out loud. She had a soft spot for the ever growing man, although they'd been through too much together. "I found him on Coruscant, in a bar fight...and he has potential."

She stared at the rodent on Garrett's shoulder, and then looked back up at the huge man. "He knows nothing of the Force. I thought perhaps you could help him out there."

Garrett Blade
Dec 8th, 2003, 05:34:55 PM
Noticing her eyes flick to his newest pet, Garrett decided an introduction was in order.

"Isn't he cute? I made him this morning. Took me three hours, eight dead rats, three gallons of water, a bicycle pump and a walnut whip."

The small creature, affectionately named Little Garrett by the lumbering wizard, looked like a large prehistoric squirrel, roughly the size of an R2 unit minus the head component. And despite his dirtiness, he actually was cute. He hopped down from his perch on Garretts shoulder and scurried over to Lilaena, squatted by her feet and just gazed up in awe at her.

"And I think he likes you, Lilly."

Smiling, he turned back to his new pupil.

"Well then, my spacious scholar, what name do you go by?"

Gash
Dec 10th, 2003, 05:18:31 PM
"Gash," he said briefly, turning his inquisitive gaze from the rodent to his new 'master'.

"You said you 'made' it...how?"

Garrett Blade
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:20:15 AM
"Oh, nothing special. A dab of necromancy followed by a splash of alchemy. It's really not that difficult once you know how to do it. The true task lies in creating something worthy of being called art...or even life! Do you care much for art, Gash?"

He ran his finger up and down one of the bars that made up the caged door to one of the kennels, and tilted his head slightly to the right.

Gash
Dec 11th, 2003, 09:22:34 AM
"The only art I like is fighting." He didn't even flinch at saying something so utterly stereotypical.

Garrett Blade
Dec 12th, 2003, 02:55:00 AM
"I see." was the reply. Garrett tossed a small clump of meat onto the floor. Little Garrett scampered over to pick it up, then returned to Lilaena's feet.

"Well in that case, it may be pointless even asking you but...do you care much for life?"

Gash
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:44:34 PM
"I want to keep my own. Other than that..." He shrugged, and a seam tore in his overcoat.

"Necromancy I've heard of...what's alchemy?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2003, 02:25:11 PM
Lilaena pushed the rodent over gently with her bare foot, trusting that it wouldn't sink it's yellow teeth into her skin. It didn't, and only squeaked, still gnawing away on the chunk of meat Blade had given it.

She watched the exchange between Gash and Garrett carefully. They seemed to be getting on all right, but whether that was a good or bad thing, time would tell.

Garrett Blade
Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:42:54 PM
"Well, it was an ancient Sith party trick whereby the practitioner was able to reshape flesh and metal to create gruesome weapons and terrifying guardians."

He motioned towards Little Garrett down below...

"...However, I was bored and out of creative ideas, so I made this little fellow as a helper. I plan to change him gradually as the ideas come - he could end up looking very different. But I do keep myself entertained with my experiments in the crypt. I'll take you down there sometime for a tour. Heh!"

He chuckled at the thought. "Touring the Crypt!" - it sounded very foreboding! But "crypt" was just the name he'd given the place. It was more like a garage, if you thought about it from a certain point of view.

"So then - it seems you're my student to be, aye? Lucky you then! Getting the best teacher in the school! I'm the cool one - as you'll no doubt discover to yourself. The rest of the faculty are stark-raving mad and not to mention rather peculiar at dinner time!"

He gave Lilaena a playful, incriminating look, followed by a smile. Garrett never was one to be serious - at least not for more than a few minutes at a time.

Gash
Dec 22nd, 2003, 01:00:40 PM
"Good. I'm not afraid of insanity, but I don't think I'd be able to get much done with a teacher who was crazier than, say, you, Master Blade." He wasn't insulting the larger man, not purposely. In all honesty, he considered Blade quite normal.

"Where do we start with this 'Force' business?"

Garrett Blade
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:25:05 PM
"Where indeed! Its everywhere remember! Hmm - I think we should leave your first lesson for two days - give you some time to settle in and get used to the city. I trust you've been allocated some sort of dwelling?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 24th, 2003, 01:35:01 PM
De'Ville nodded in response to that. "He will be staying next door to you, incidentally. I can show him to his apartment, or perhaps you would like to do the honors, Garrett?"

Little Garrett's whiskers were tickling her foot, and she carefully withdrew her toes out of the rat's reach.

Garrett Blade
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:28:22 AM
"Next door!? I....ah....oh.......you mean next door to my home in the city! Well in that case..."

Garrett turned back to Gash.

"...I can take you there right now since thats where I'm headed."

Gash
Dec 29th, 2003, 11:11:18 AM
The smaller giant nodded once. "Sounds good. Two days, you say? Any ideas on what there is to do around this city?"

Garrett Blade
Dec 29th, 2003, 11:54:35 AM
"Well to be perfectly honest, I don't know the city that well. I've only been here a short time and I'm usually pre-occupied with more pressing matters. Feel free to explore. But steer clear of walking outside the city walls."

Garrett motioned to his familiar, which subsequently scrambled up the behemoths garments and perched once again on his shoulder.

"It's not that much of a walk..."

Gash
Dec 30th, 2003, 09:38:42 AM
Gash began to back towards the door, making a rough bow in De'Ville's direction.

"Miss De'Ville has already told me about what's out there...are you sure hunting is out as a recreational choice?"

Garrett Blade
Dec 30th, 2003, 11:16:03 AM
A cheeky grin appeared on Garretts face.

"Just don't go alone. Thats all I'm saying. Once you've been trained and have mastered certain aspects of the Force, you may be quite able to look after yourself in the wilds. But don't allow your abilities to induce arrogance. Even I have trouble outside the city walls sometimes."

He moved over to the door. Opening it, he steps aside politely.

Gash
Dec 30th, 2003, 11:22:32 AM
Gash gave Blade an assessing look. If this man had trouble...and with the Force on his side...

"A little hunting is always good fun...but it can wait."

Bowing once more at De'Ville, he left and started back down towards the main road.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:27:14 PM
De'Ville nodded politely to Gash as he left the kennels, and turned to look at one of the caged beasts. They were hideous grey-skinned things, all leathery webbing and teeth it seemed.

The creature she stared at reared up, pawing at the air with razor sharp talons and flapping its enormous wings. De'Ville stepped back, and turned towards Garrett. "Well....do you feel his potential, as I do?"

Garrett Blade
Dec 30th, 2003, 03:11:40 PM
"Well thats the thing isn't it. He has potential, certainly. But whether or not he has the ability to reach that potential well...thats where I come in I suppose."

"I'll be there in a minute." he shouted up to Gash.

"So Lil! How are things back home? I haven't seen Gav the past couple of days. I bet he's installing a new security system on his ivory tower! Ha! How are you? How's Silus?"

The tone of voice when he said Silus indicated some sort of disliking for the guy. But then again, who'd be bothered to understand the inner workings of a derranged fool?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:28:50 PM
She shrugged at the mention of Mortis. "I have not seen Master Mortis either, for quite a few weeks. He is most likely deeply involved in his latest training escapade. His apprentices are most promising, and he always has the Midas touch when it comes to training.

"As for Silus, he has also been involved in training his apprentice." His attractive, young apprentice. She wouldn't voice her jealousy, but she felt the twinge of it."

Garrett Blade
Jan 4th, 2004, 02:32:52 PM
"Mmm, I'll bet!"

He dusted his shoulders and arms. It appeared the kennels were in need of a good cleanout.

"Well, enjoy the rest of the day. I'll see you soon."

He was already on his way out the door, lightly skipping along the path. He joined Gash and the two giants entered the limo speeder Gash and Lilly had arrived in before. He smiled at Lilly out of the window, waving in a poncy fashion, then they quickly drove off out of sight. It seemed Lilaena would need to make her own way back home.

Gash
Jan 5th, 2004, 05:31:41 PM
He tried, he really did, but despite his efforts Gash could not think of a single point of conversation. Forcers were entirely outside his experience, and the fact that he might eventually become one helped not at all; he didn't know what one might find interesting or insulting, and so he simply kept his mouth shut.

Walnut whips...he was going to have to find something interesting about walnut whips. And necromancy.

"So, uhm....when do I get to learn how to make things like Little Garrett?"

Is that the best you can come up with?

Yeah. Shut up.

Garrett Blade
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:21:39 AM
"Oh, not for a while, I'm afraid. The skills needed for such a feat require training in even the most basic Force powers."

The speeder...speeded...through the streets. They were almost there now.

"But don't worry - there's plenty to keep you busy during the initial weeks of your training. While you need to concentrate on developing your core abilities during the first year of training, it doesn't hurt to look at some of the more exotic, cooler stuff whilst doing so."

Gash
Jan 7th, 2004, 05:13:14 PM
Gash nodded enthusiastically, grinning.

"And what are these 'basic powers'?"

Garrett Blade
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:28:43 PM
"Oh, things like kinetic redirection and motion sensitivity - pretty mundane stuff when you hear about it but impressive in practice."

After a short time, during which the two discussed various powers and what they would entail, the speeder arrived back in the city centre.

"Here we are."

The two skyscrapers exited the vehicle and stood before one of the many houses in the street.

"This is it. Your room is upstairs. Make yourself at home and I'll see you in the morning."

Gash
Jan 29th, 2004, 12:51:51 PM
Gash nodded.

"Right. See you, Master Blade!"

He took the front steps three at a time and opened the door without preamble, hunching down to get inside. A midsize staircase lay ahead. He eyed it, then cautiously began to walk up. Despite some alarming creaks, it held, and within four strides he was upstairs.

The room was comfortable, and for an oddity, all the furniture was larger than normal; in fact, he fit quite well into the chair, and his feet only hung over the edge of the bed by a few inches. Both were of sturdy construction.

He took a seat and began dressing the various wounds a Lupine had inflicted in his last brawl, humming softly as he did so.