PDA

View Full Version : Hello again.

Gray
Dec 1st, 2003, 08:42:13 AM
Hell, yes, it's Matt again. :D

I wanted to quiz your collective knowledge once more.
You see I tend to run two characters in any one forums (three and the very, very, very most).
The idea being that one is a 'proper' RP character and the other is just for fun (normally a brute who gets into fights as often as he posts).

So, the second character I wanted to start, instead of being completely random (as I usualy do), I was thinking of working him into the plot of Gray, a hunter sent to track him down.

Once again this is purley a work in progres (I like to pre-plan my characters), everything here is open for critizism.

"Tempest" is a cyborg sent by the origonal enemies of Gray's commonwealth. Tempest has been sent to eliminate Gray (as he is the last trace of the commonwealth).
Tempest was constructed specifically to hunt down individuals such as Gray.
He is genetically enginneered and more machine then man, over 10 feet tall and built like a monster.

His cybernetcis extend to form a kind of armour, about as advanced as Gray's (but not quite). It increaces his strength and damage resistance tremendously as well as his capability to track, lock-on and shoot at targets.

It does, however, slow him down alot, he can't even run, a power-walk is about as much as he can pull off (in favourable weather conditions :P ).
He is also extremely suseptable to EMP devices and although his ballistic protection is phenomenal, blaster weapons can meet it resonabley effectiveley and lightsaber cuts through it as you'd expect them to cut normal steel.
He had integrated advance tracking senses/targeting computer/comminications etc.
He 'comes standard' with a 10mm rotary cannon, belt-fed from a backpack.

I realises that such characters may get out of hand sometimes, the temptation to over-disrupt the RP universe being too much. This is why I worked in the extremely slow speed and suseptability to EMP, if worst comes to worst a character can always lob an EMP greneae and/or run away.
And of course, despite what his inflated ego might say, he is not unstoppable.

And of course he is only after Gray so he won't really engage anybody directly at all. He wants to munch Gray and will (try to) punch through everything and everyone elsewho gets in the way.

Obviuosly he will himself get beaten alot himself; his tact-devoid brute force approach often getting him out-manuevoured by the quicker people (just about everybody).

Whaja tink?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:51:03 AM
Sounds interesting to me. You seem to have balanced him out fairly well....imo.

Charley
Dec 1st, 2003, 02:45:20 PM
Sounds fine

Gray
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:23:46 PM
Okay, cool!
Thanks guys! :D