PDA

View Full Version : New recruit

Xander Caine
Nov 30th, 2003, 05:22:23 PM
Xander Caine walked into the jedi Recruitment center with the usual, almost cliché, Cigar in his mouth. He was there to join. Which is easy to tell..because why else would anyone go to the Jedi Recruitment center.
He looked around for a moment before he noticed that there was only one other person in the room with him and they we're setting over by the front desk.

"Hello? I'm here to join the GJO, so I can do the good thing..and stuff"

He stood there for a moment thinking about how stupid that sounded. Then began to walk over to the person.

Estelle Russard
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:00:26 PM
Estelle looked up from the pages she had been going over, and looked to as Xander spoke.

It always marvelled Estelle how one could clamp a cigar in one's mouth and speak at the same time. Kazaar did it all the time. Whenever she tried it...the rare occassion that she pretended to smoke cigars, she always poked her tongue out at the wrong time so that her syllablles all began and ended in "ths."

She pushed away such distracting thoughts and focused on the fellow in front of her.

"Im sorry...the good thing?" she queried, seeking clarification.

Xander Caine
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:08:51 AM
Not really knowing how to explain his stupid remark about the good thing he just started to blurt out his answer.

"Yeah...the good thing..you know what a hero would do and stuff..with the trumpet welcome and what not"

He started to shake his head as he tried to get ahold of his thoughts, so he might be able to say something other then incoherent jabber.

"Let me start over...My name is Alexander Caine but just call me Xander"

He puts out his hand for the woman to shake

Estelle Russard
Dec 1st, 2003, 10:15:32 PM
She smiled as Xander stammered out his reply, and shook his hand warmly.

"Hello Xander, my name is Estelle Russard" She had an open and welcoming manner, and she hoped it would help put the newcomer at ease.

Yet she couldnt resist to tease him a little, and so with a grin she added,

"You want to be a hero, do you?"

Number 62
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:13:08 PM
ooc-...Keeps logging into the wrong account...

Xander Caine
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:15:57 PM
He smiles as he says

"Well maybe not a hero..but I at least kind of want to help people.."

He looks at his cigar and notices that this cigar was almost completely burnt up. So he takes it from his mouth, puts it out, then drops it in his pocket because he doesn't notice an ash tray around.

Then looks back up at the Estelle before saying with a big smile

"But if some one wants to call me a hero, I would be okay with it."

Estelle Russard
Dec 4th, 2003, 10:00:42 PM
Estelle laughed with him, and gestured for Xander to sit and feel comfortable.

As he settled himself, she then met his eyes with a frank question.

"And so, you feel your path is one of the Jedi..?"

Xander Caine
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:14:55 PM
Noticing Estelle now serious look he began to answer as truthfully as possible.

"Yes. To be frank I think I would be a useful addition to the greater jedi order. In of course the GJO would be a useful tool for me to make my self.."

Pauses for a moment trying to find the right words to express his self.

"..To make my self my more capable...as a person and as a fighter. So yes I see my self following the path of the jedi"

Estelle Russard
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:44:47 PM
"The path of a Jedi is a difficult one, as Im sure you have considered. I take it you are not new to a life of discipline and challenge. You were a fighter before..?"

She was guessing this - Xander looked fit and strong and spoke of becoming a better fighter..as well as a better person. This invited some questions as to his background.

Xander Caine
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:34:54 PM
Xander Pulls another cigar from his pocket, lights it, then begins to smoke it.

"yes I have considered how difficult it will be and I welcome a new challenge..Plus yes I'm a fighter, I've been a bounty Hunter going on 7 years now."

Estelle Russard
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:50:00 AM
"Bounty hunter..?"

This obviously took the Knight by surprise, her reaction was classic.

"And....why the sudden turn about?"

Number 62
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:14:01 AM

Xander Caine
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:15:49 AM
"Well as stupid as it sounds I was never really in the Bounty hunter business for the bounty. I always just enjoyed the skill and determination it took to collect the bounty. But here lately it just seems to be getting boring and kind of redundant so I figured I might as well broaden my horizons, and maybe if possible do some good in the process. "

Flicks the ashes from his cigar into his pocket as he says to his self "I'm going to ruin this coat someday" Then he held it in his hand for a moment as he says.

"Well after much thought about what I could do with my life I decided to come here, to the Greater Jedi Order. That’s just what made since to me..I'm not evil so Sith was out of the question, and well I don't really like the idea of dieing senselessly for someone else believes so the army was out..so I figured this was the place for me."

Estelle Russard
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:27:49 AM
She listened intently and Xander seemed genuine. She could understand what he meant. But another, vital question needed to be asked.

"Do you.....feel the force within you Xander? Being a Jedi are all things that you say - a defender of the weak, a good and noble soul. But there are those that have these qualities that can never become a Jedi. They function and contribute to the cause of good in many and varied ways - and the world would be lost without such.

But, the Force is what makes the difference between a Jedi and an Ambassador for Justice, or other hero's, as you say."

Xander Caine
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:35:51 AM
Xander nodded along with as Estelle Spoke. Then kind of struggled to get out his feelings on the matter.

"Yes..I believe I do feel the force. I'm not sure how strong my potential is in..but I believe I feel it"

He sat there not knowing if that was really a good enough answer for the question.

Estelle Russard
Dec 6th, 2003, 07:35:39 PM
The answer was sound enough, and Estelle could sense the force within him.

"Yes, I sense the force in you" she smiled softly.

His heart was in the right place, Estelle felt certain.

However, she couldnt help but wonder if Xander really desired the life of a jedi. It seemed to her bysome of the things he said, there was a chance that he was choosing this path because no other road seemed to appeal. But maybe it was just the way he expressed his thoughts, his being at a loss with how to make his life effective for good. Estelle decided that this was probably more correct than that he was unsure. He was here wasn't he? Wanting to join, wanting to serve something greater than his own purpose.

"The Jedi Order welcomes you Xander Caine and accepts your application to join. From here on in, your life will be guided, molded and conducted by the Jedi Code - are you willing to accept this?"

Xander Caine
Dec 6th, 2003, 09:45:27 PM
"Yes, I am willing."

He sat there smiling

"Thanks you for this chance"

Estelle Russard
Dec 6th, 2003, 11:40:33 PM
"Im sure you will prove that it a good decision" she said, smiling.

"Most new members are in need of somewhere to stay when they arrive..is that your case Xander?"

Xander Caine
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:25:22 PM
"Yes, I'm in need of some living quaters"

Estelle Russard
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:13:59 PM
"Well let us finish getting you signed up and entered into the databanks, and then I can show you over to the living quarters"

It was all a part of the process, and Estelle went about it with efficient orderliness.

It was a short time and they were done.

"Do you have your belongings with you or perhaps a ship in dock somewhere?"

Xander Caine
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:42:28 PM
"Nah, I have them at the hotel I've been staying at the past few weeks"

Puts his cigar out and places it in the pocket with the other one.

"I can go get them later...I only have a few things there I need to get anyways"

Estelle Russard
Dec 12th, 2003, 10:48:00 PM
She nodded along as Xander spoke, walking beside him, leading him out of the Recruitment Center and outside.

As they walked the grounds of the Order, she explained their surroundings, pointed out different buildings, giving a breif history of each as required.

After a short time they crossed a grassy quadrangle lined with late-blooming roses of every color of the 3 rainbows unique to Coruscant, their upturned faces expelling an exquisite perfume to the air.

Stepping through the huge archway that ushered one into the main foyer of the living quarters building, Estelle pointed to the high redwood clerk-counter.

"Introduce yourself to the Ediann" the clerk lifted his head at the mention of his name, "and he will find you a suitable suite."

She stood to face him now as she spoke.

"Ediann will help you get settled and show you the way to the Training Center as well as the general eating and social areas. I will see that you are set up in a Padawan class, if you like, for general study and intstruction and then we will work on getting you assigned to a master."

She smiled warmly, again expressing her welcome.

"If you have any need, you can contact me anytime. I am easily found through the main lines of frequency in the Living Quarter rooms. Aside from that, I will come see you once you are settled in."

Xander Caine
Dec 13th, 2003, 12:32:37 PM
Follows along listening closely until the end of the tour

"Thank you, If I need anything I will get a hold of you"