PDA

View Full Version : Time Apart

Lenore
Nov 30th, 2003, 03:25:42 PM
How long has it been....? her own voice inside her head almost seemed foreign. Had she been hiding? Yes, hiding...from what? She didn't remember. It had been long enough that it didn't matter anymore. What mattered was her returning to the place that had accepted her. Though would they still want her? Was she still part of the "gang"?

Her chin found it's way down to folded arms atop a table. Brown honey eyes quickly flicked around at the seedy breed that was hanging out in the bar this evening. Had she been old enough she might have been drinking and lollygagging around with them...but she wasn't.

Lenore's chest rose and then fell again as she heaved a long heavy sigh. She needed to get back...to feel welcome. She had been stupid in leaving in the first place. Now it was time to make up for lost time.

Tomorrow... Tonight she had a full schedule...she'd do it tomorrow...

DarthHERA
Nov 30th, 2003, 09:55:21 PM
From her vantage point of the booth far in the back of Poseidon's, Hera watched Lenore.

One just could never tell who was going to walk through those Bar doors. Hera should learn never to be surprised.

The kid looked rough. Its a big galaxy to be out there alone. Hera wondered the little theif was still alive. In fact, the Faene Mistress had pretty much concluded the waif to be dead, rotting on some backwater planet with the last wallett she'd pickpocketed cut from her lifeless fingers.

Yet there she was, large as life.

Wonders never cease.

Lenore
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:42:09 AM
She felt eyes on her. Her head immediately shot up and began to look around. It was a tingling sensation on the back of her neck...something that happened often and usually her hunches were correct...which meant someone was watching her now.

Her gaze didn't fall on a single set of eyes that was even looking in her general direction. Lenore arched a brow, then shrugged. Her senses usually didn't lie to her, but she might have just been paranoid. She wasn't stealing anything after all, so there wasn't any reason for someone to be interested in her.

The feeling didn't leave, however... She perked up again, her entire body twisting in the booth to get a better look at the crowd.

Jacob Nives
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:49:28 AM
There was, all of a sudden, a body in her line of sight. Unlike most, however, this one didn't seem like it wasn't going to pass right on by. It just loomed there for a moment, almost expectantly.

"Uh…"

Lenore's gaze was drawn upwards. As if it wasn't easy enough to tell from the torso, it was a man looking down at her. He was smiled, albeit coyly, and looked as though he had just come in from a decidedly heavy rain storm.

"I don't suppose that seats free?" he asked, in thickly accented Basic, with a little country twang to it.

Lenore
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:31:15 PM
Lenore blinked as her eyes met with an...eye full to say the least. Both brows raised as she tilted her head to look up.

"H-hello.." she fumbled for the words, somewhat taken aback that this man had all of a sudden appeared before her. Soaking wet she might add...

Her eyes moved to the seat across from her. "No, it's not taken..." She hoped at one point in time she hadn't stolen anything from this guy...he didn't seem one to mess around with.

Jacob Nives
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:38:14 PM
As Jacob sat down, it felt almost as if the table had trembled slightly. It wouldn't have seemed possible a year ago, but it seemed like he was getting larger – not so much through training, but a lack thereof. Of course, this didn't lessen the 'built like the proverbial ox' image he had going for him. The amiable smile did that.

"You're new here, right?" he asked, taking a small sip of his drink.

He couldn't place her name or profession, but could tell that she was, or had been, under the employ of the Fortress from the interest people were putting in her. Either that, or she had severely rubbed Hera up the wrong way and people were just waiting for the right moment to jump her.

Lenore
Dec 1st, 2003, 02:00:52 PM
"Yes....and no." She found herself staring at him and then quickly looked down at her hands that were still placed on the table. "I mean...I am new...or was awhile back...and then I had to go away for a bit...so now I'm returning. I guess that makes me new again, huh?" Her lips forced a smile as she looked back up at him. She must have sounded so....childish.

DarthHERA
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:49:54 PM
Jacob had joined the table now, and Hera watched the interaction with interest.

He dwarfed the small-framed Lenore and Hera's brow suddenly knit together...Was Van Derveld gaining weight? Looks like the man was in need of some sparring practice.

Jacob Nives
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:33:40 AM
He gave a nod, "I see – and what do you do here, Miss…?"

Lenore
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:45:35 AM
"Lenore." She fidgeted with her hands a bit. "I don't know yet...I'm still learning." His massive presence was making her a bit uneasy...but most people had that effect on her. She hadn't any friends and so sitting and chitchatting wasn't something she normally did. "What do you do here?"

Jacob Nives
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:53:50 AM
"Jacob. Good to meet you, Lenore."

He would have smiled, but somehow he got the impression that whatever front he put up, the girl was still going to look terribly uncomfortable. Despite his outward personality, Jacob had recently decided that telling people he was a wanted murderer now acting as a smuggler, of sorts, wasn't a good idea.

"I do a little bit of everything, really. My boss, Daiquiri… she works here. She got me in with the boss here. She gives me courier jobs… things to fix up. None of the… dangerous stuff that some others get, although I can't say I wouldn't like to try that all out. Sounds terribly exciting."

Now, he smiled.

Lenore
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:10:07 PM
Lenore gave a small smile and nodded as he mentioned the name Daiquiri. She had met her...once. Great lady...

"I wouldn't mind starting out like that...build up to the good stuff."

She paused.

"I'm not sure how Hera will act, though...if she even remembers me. I might not have a job at all." Her look was a pathetic one; little smile, pleading eyes.

Jacob Nives
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:28:24 AM
"Oh, I'm sure you will. In spite of appearances, Hera can be the forgiving sort."

He glanced around, and for a moment directly at the Faene Mistress, with a smile.

"Anyway… how about we get a drink, hmm? To celebrate your return?"

Lenore
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:10:24 AM
"A drink? Sure...that would be great." Her eyes perked up at the mention of a drink to which she wasn't ever old enough to get. In all her life she had maybe had three drinks total.

Jacob Nives
Dec 6th, 2003, 06:23:54 AM
Clapping his hands together softly, he nodded,

"Well, what'd you like? It's on me, so you can have anything."

Lenore
Dec 6th, 2003, 11:24:42 AM
A hand came up to scratch at her neck as she stared at the table. She didn't know many drinks...

"Surprise me?"

Jacob Nives
Dec 7th, 2003, 11:47:12 AM
Jacob leant back in his chair, twisting to look over to the bar, "Two of the usual."

The tender nodded and began sorting out the drinks as the Lupine got to his feet. He retrieved the two glasses and small bottle before slipping down into the booth once more. Without realising it, he'd used the Force to slide the glass across to Lenore, while he took a sip of his own glass – of JD.

Lenore
Dec 10th, 2003, 08:15:56 PM
Lenore stared at the glass. Had it just moved on it's own towards her? Her line of site slowly trailed up to look at Jacob. No of course it hadn't...he had done it. He was a force user..as most of the people at ShadowFaene were she had found out. Most people but her...

"Nifty little parlor trick you have there." She smiled as she lifted the glass to her lips and took a sip. It left a burning sensation all the way down and she choked a bit, not quite expecting such a hard liquor.

Jacob Nives
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:40:30 PM
"Parlor trick?" Jacob stifled a laugh, "I take it you aren't a user, then, or you'd know not to call such powerful forces such petty names."

Lenore
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:15:01 PM
"No...I'm not..." Lenore cast her gaze aside. "What is it like? To feel it?"

Jacob Nives
Dec 24th, 2003, 04:49:38 AM
"I can't describe it," Jacob answered flat off.

"It's one of those things you have to experience to understand."

He turned his glass around in his hands for a moment, apparently laughing at some joke inside of his head.

"… Not interested in learning?"

Lenore
Dec 24th, 2003, 03:57:06 PM
"Learn about it or learn it?" Her head tilted to one side as if studying him. "Doesn't one have to have....it in their blood?" she asked for lack of better words to describe it.