PDA

View Full Version : Sheesh....

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:26:09 PM
Where is everybody.... I'm here all alone with a truck load of guests, and only SWFans' taunts in Who's On line are keeping im entertained! Come on people, Help me save my mind! I nead you to help keep it demented, or I may go.....Go...SANE... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Luna Emberblade
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:29:44 PM
NO!

DON'T GO SANE!!!!!!!

*slaps Shanny silly*

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:31:36 PM
*Gets slaped and goes silly*

:crack Blaaa!! Blaaa!!Blaaa!! Blaaa!!Blaaa!! Blaaa!!Blaaa!! Blaaa!! :crack

Thanks I needed that

Luna Emberblade
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:33:13 PM
Wheeeeee!

No prob. Shanny Dearie!

Gwad, I'm boreded.

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:34:56 PM
Yah... I know.... WHY IS IT SO QUIET HERE!!!!

:crack :crack

Luna Emberblade
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:44:02 PM
I want to RP BUT I'M DRAWING A GD BLANK!

*goes to watch some flash on NG*

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:48:50 PM
Same here....Nothing... My BRAIN IS DEAD!

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:51:25 PM
Check this (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33277) out :D

[/shameless promotion]

Luna Emberblade
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:52:58 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Check this (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33277) out :D

[/shameless promotion]

:lol

I couldn't write a novel to save my Life Dasqi!

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:55:12 PM
No? It's easier than you think, if you're making yourself write, you can write tonnes without even realising it.

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:57:06 PM
would that intale... Does it all have to be from scracth, or can you start with stuff you have done in the past?

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:02:00 PM
You have to start from scratch, dealing with characters and (preferably) ideas you haven't dealt with before (no rehashing old stuff). Makes it more challenging ;)

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:10:03 PM
Then Sorry I'm out... It takes me years to get a character to the point where I can write about it in that kind of detail on my own. Though I would be able to write a novel sized story on the back history of and past adventures(aka. before the showed up here) of any of the characters that I have here on the message boards.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:16:37 PM
The point is that you develop the character as you go along. It's a good exercise in creativity, working without having any idea of where you're going and still trying to keep things interesting. :)

That's why I like it to - we aren't doing things about our characters. I could write about Dasquian til the cows come home, without any trouble. This is about sitting yourself down, and giving yourself challenges ... stuff that is hard :D

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:22:54 PM
My mind just doesn't work that way. I need to plan there is just no way around it. I've tryed writing stories on the fly before, and it ether goes dead or dull in about half a page. Plus I have too many things I'm doing right now in order to sit down and write anything.

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:21:48 PM
Dasq, I could say it's easy...i've got tonnes of stuff in my head, the problem, for some reason, is getting it into writing. You'll see, someday there'll be some stuff written with MY name on it.

Angelina Kincaid
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:33:02 PM
Heck, I've got a novel done, took me 8 months to write it at abour 3 hours a day working on it. Weekends were more. I was working on book 2 of it, but it's on the back burner. I got all the planning done then got bored.

I really should do something with the first one....

Silus Xilarian
Nov 29th, 2003, 02:42:44 AM
Im gonna do a complete psychological deconstruction on someone here, but call them by a different name, and everyone will have to guess who it is >D

Then im gonna get somethin to eat :\

ReaperFett
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:37:10 AM
You didn't do it :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:40:40 AM
Originally posted by Falcon Gyndar
Dasq, I could say it's easy...i've got tonnes of stuff in my head, the problem, for some reason, is getting it into writing. You'll see, someday there'll be some stuff written with MY name on it.

That's the whole point of the exercise! I find it difficult to write sometimes, but if you force yourself you'll fnid that, although it isn't all great, you do get the occasional diamond in the rough :)

Rognan Dar
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:57:47 PM
Hmm...Sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind trying to do something like that. But I don't think I could sit still long enough to do something like that. Plus: I suck at spelling, and I have a very limited dictionary(or at lest words that I know) and understanding. I have terrible punctuation...and the list could go on. Don't know if I could write about anything besides what I write here. When I was younger, I couldn't, or wouldn't, write the littlest of stories. I just couldn't get words from my head to the page. All I know what to write is here.