Artist: Tool

So familiar and overwhelmingly warm
This one, this form I hold now.

Embracing you, this reality here,
This one, this form I hold now, so
Wide eyed and hopeful.

Wide eyed and hopefully wild.
We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

"One, two, three -- three little friends." A raspy voice echoed eerily through the darkness of the lonely upstairs room of Dexter's Diner. The light reflected, for a moment, upon a shadowed figure sitting at a glass table with a small plastic bottle in her hand. Smiling as her eyes rolled into the back of her head, the woman giggled absently but in the process, accidentally dropped the bottle on the floor, spilling the contents with several clinking sounds. "DAMNIT!" She shouted angrily and looked to the floor, her eyes that once possessed precision night vision were now blurred and she could only see small white specks against a spinning black floor. "How the hell?!" The woman questioned as she dropped to her knees and placed her hands upon the floor, eyes searching for what she could not see.

"C'mon Marcus, this isn't funny!" A meek voice rang through some abandoned halls of a large structure -- a castle, but not just any castle -- the most beautiful work of architecture that Xazor Elessar had ever seen. It was incredible, and only she and a few others had ever had the pleasure of viewing it for themselves. Trilith, truly a magical place -- a place of peace and rest, but at the moment, it was a place of worry. Meandering through the lower corridors of the castle, Xazor soon found herself lost.

She happened upon a door and looked upon it with a curious expression. "I swear I've seen this before." She spoke in a whisper, knowing that Marcus was around somewhere but was not aiding her in finding her way out of the bowls of the castle. "Fine." She stated with a hint of cockiness. Smiling toothily, the Garou Knight opened the door quickly but frowned when she came upon the thing she could only imagine in a dream. "You've got to be kidding me." She sighed and entered the room, shutting the door behind her. There before her was a room, barely lit with small lights from the ceiling. All along the four walls were doors -- endless doors with the numbers "1", "2", and "3" repeating consecutively. "What?!" She questioned and turned to open the door behind her, but it was locked. "What kind of hell is this, Marcus?!" She yelled and slammed her fist angrily into the door. In that moment, an ominous laughter could be heard from all around her.

Looking toward the center of the room, the Knight attempted to walk forth, but was unable to. "No no no, Xazor -- you're going about this all wrong." The voice echoed. It was not that of Marcus or anyone else that she was even relatively familiar with. It was strange and she didn't like it. "What do you wa--" But her words were cut off when a low grumbling sound echoed around her. Suddenly, from the endless ceiling above, hundreds of small white marbles fell to the floor. "DAMNIT!" The words echoed in her mind, but just as soon as the word escaped her lips, a young Garou woman sat straight up in bed, sweating bullets and breathing heavily. "Bless my soul."

"Gotch'ya!" She giggled out of happiness then and grabbed up a handful of the white pills from the ground and shoved them into the bottle once again. "Some say the end is near -- some say we'll see Armageddon soon. I sure hope so." Xazor mumbled as she came to rest her back against a wall before dizzily reaching up for her glass of nearby water, spilling a bit on her arms and hands. "Oh my head." She said, without awareness of what she was doing. In an instant, four pills were popped into her mouth and she was sipping on the water to swallow them.

"Alone -- at -- last." She whispered. "Hello again, so good to see you. It's been so long. You -- must have -- missed me." She whispered once again as her eyes began to shut. The glass of water slowly slipped out of her hand and it hit the floor, spilling all over as the vessel shattered, slinging shards of glass at her legs. A few made contact and cut deeply into her flesh, but it did not even phase the woman who now was so in and out of consciousness, she could have been shot and not realized it. "My third -- eye. I -- need to see. Open -- need -- tru -- truth." And with that, the drugs had fully taken over and she collapsed upon the ground with the pills sitting peacefully in the bottle beside her limp arm.

River Kincaid
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:11:50 PM
River's eyes shot open and he jumped as he saw Hunter standing beside his bed. With a sigh, he looked at her and smiled. "What?"

I need some water. The child's mind spoke to his.

"I gave you some."

It's old.

River shook his head and got up, what was with his daughters thing on water lately? It was too old, hair was in it, dirt was in it...Hunter's list went on and on.

He took her to his 'fresher and got her a fresh glass, she drank it all and handed it back. "Are you done now?" He asked her with a smile.

Yes, Daddy.

"Good, let's get you back to bed. I'm tired." He told her as he picked her up and took her back to the room she and Ry-Obi shared. He kissed her forehead and tucked her back in then did the same to his son.

River hadn't felt good lately and the flu he thought he had just didn't seem to want to go away. It was the worst in the mornings for some strange reason, making him very ill and it was very hard to take care of his kids, attempt to go about training and try not to think of the position Angelina was putting him in. She was threatening to take his kids.

On his way back to his bed, he heard a thump, next door in Xazor's room. Shaking his head, he looked past his bed and walked out into the hallway. As he slightly knocked on her room door, it opened. He gasped as he saw her lying on the floor.

"Xazor!" He said as he quickly crossed the room and took her in his arms. The pill bottle rolled across the floor. "What have you done? Xazor. wake up. Come on, don't do this!" River shook her head a little.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 27th, 2003, 09:44:08 PM
The Knight felt the shaking, but was unresponsive. The words River spoke echoed in her mind, in and out, fading into oblivion. Things had been particularly rough for the Knight as of late and she had been tested beyond what she thought she could bare. Her mind went into overhaul and she resorted to an old habit -- a bad habit.

"That'll be twelve thousand." A rough voice spoke and a hand was thrust forth at a figure clad in black robes. "Wha?! You've got to be kidding me! That's not what you said over the com." An angry female's voice shot back and a slight bit of laughter was heard.

Rolling her eyes, the Jedi Knight fished in her satchel for the money owed and promptly located the amount. "Fine -- small price to pay for something so needed." She concluded as a small bottle of pills was placed in her open hand by the rougher. "Nice doing business with you, Lady Starek." And with that, the stranger and the woman parted ways.

"TAKE BACK!" The words escaped Xazor's lips in a flash as she sat upright, drenched in sweat. Instead of the floor, the woman now rested comfortably in a bed -- not her own. "Wh -- where am I?" She thought, and attempted to glance about the room, but she could see nothing. "Hel -- hello? Marcus? River? SOMEONE?" But there was no sound.

Her heart skipped a beat as she blinked -- she knew she was blinking, she could feel it yet, she could see nothing. The light was not on, as far as she could tell, but she was sure that was not causing her lack of sight. Even in the blackest conditions her night vision had never failed her. "What's happening to me?" She questioned in her mind and shut her eyes as she laid her head back down upon the table. "I need -- more. More to make me forget. More to make this pain stop." The words were spoken in a whisper and soon warm tears began to fall down the soft cheeks of the Garou as her heart ached.

River Kincaid
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:44:25 PM
River held her close, and brushed her long blonde hair from her face. He could feel her Force-waves, they were still strong, so she hadn't overdosed. But, she was on a high, so high that she had become unconscious.

"Master...." He spoke softly as he gently rubbed her cheek. A tear fell from her eye and then another.

He kissed her forehead and carefully lifted her into his arms. He had felt responsible, perhaps this was happening because of him. First, he'd hurt her when he had told her of Faith's pregnancy and then again when he found out that Angelina was alive. How he hated that! He felt so weary at times and now this. He still loved her and he always knew he would, but so many things were changing.

So many things were spinning out of control and he had no way of stopping it. He had wanted to comfort her, to love her, but a silence had come between them and that hurt River more than he could bare at times.

The Padawan would stay at her side, they needed to talk and it took this to open his eyes. Carefully, he lay her on her bed and covered her with a blanket.

River knelt beside her and held her hand as he laid his head on the edge of the bed and closed his eyes. There he stayed unmoving, and praying for her to wake up.