PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Pursia: Sands of Time

Sejah Haversh
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:13:37 AM
Hey, I've always been a huge fan of he Prince of Pursia games, and the new one, The Sands of Time, looks awesome, but I'd just like to know what anybody else thinks of it before I get it.

Is it cool? Is it fun? Is it worthy of the P. of P. name?

And, most of all, did anybody else notice that the labels on the records that the DJ is spinning in the ads are actually silver age Green Lantern logos? I find that to be totally awesome.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:29:56 AM
Its Persia. The game is supposed to be really short.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:30:50 PM
I got it as an early Christmas present. The controls take a while to get used to - the camera has a big part in this, as it seems to be pretty stubborn. It's been fun to play so far though. :)

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:00:47 PM
I watched my brothers play a demo of it and frankly...I wasn't impressed. Like Das said, the camera had a few problems.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:20:55 PM
The camera is the only problem I'd had so far. The mouse is used to control it, although in some places it won't move (usually to give you a better view, sometimes to tick you off).

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:29:34 PM
YES! The sometimes unforgiving camera really gives me fits of bad memories from other games that suffer that problem, but other than that its a very cool game, though quite tough for a six fingered person to play on PC. >_<

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:32:26 PM
I haven't played it for a while. The puzzles get sort of repetitive and I got really frustrated with one in particular. I needed to step away from the computer or I probably would have hammered the keyboard >_<

Rhea Kaylen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 01:29:12 AM
Just finished playing the PS2 platformer Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and have never been so excited about a game. I don't know how many others of you happen to be gamers, but if you are and have not played this one, drag out your PS2 or open up your CD-ROM and try PoP out. Best. Game. Ever.

Graphics are superb, characters likable, writing clever, story inspired, and execution grand. Between a wall-running, scimitar-swinging prince who has a bad tendency to mutter to himself and a beautiful but dangerous Indian princess intent on driving the young Persian royal insane, the game's only fault, really, is that there wasn't more of it.

Actually, I just finished playing it through twice in the past five days, and managed to shave the prescribed thirteen-hour puzzle-solver/platformer to a neat eight-and-a-half hours or so. And it's so good I'm going to play it through again tomorrow. And then take the game back to the rental place and then go buy it so I can play it anytime I want.

Anyone else played this? I love it and have heard nothing bad about it from any quarter, but I'd like to hear if someone hated it and why. As for me, it's going to be a nightmarish five months waiting for Prince of Persia 2.

(Yeah, this is a total spam thread, but I figured every SWFans member's entitled to at least one spam thread during the course of their stint on the forums.)

Pierce Tondry
Jun 22nd, 2004, 01:34:37 AM
This is actually probably more suited for the Games forum.

To be on topic, I haven't tried this game yet.

Rhea Kaylen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 01:39:28 AM
:( I'm so sorry, I didn't even know there was a Games forum. I shall move this if it would be better.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:39:00 AM
Thread moved and merged :)

As an aside, I never finished this game. I lost my save in a crash and now I can't find the game disk :(