PDA

View Full Version : X2 Dvd

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:54:13 PM
Anybody else pick it up? I did yesterday and the DVD is awesome. Still to me the best comic book movie ever. There are some great things on the DVD, the deleted scenes are okay, there are a couple of good ones in their, one with Jubele. But the best thing I have seen on the second disk is an interview about the history of the X-Men talking with Stan Lee, Chris Claremont and others. It is a must see just to hear Lee talk about the characters. Overall a great DVD and a great film.

ReaperFett
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:10:05 PM
Had it ages ago :)

My favourite thing about the DVD? Of all the people they pick to talk about Nightcrawler, they pick Chuck "this man gets work???" Austen. It's like slapping a fan :D

Making of Documentary felt unfinished, not a patch on the 1.5 one. Almost as if they had to cut some stuff out.

Good commentaries though. Overall, reccomended.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:32:53 PM
..Maybe they're planning on doing an X2.5 dvd :uhoh

Charley
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:46:53 PM
I'm holding out till the trilogy is finished, like everything else. Tired of getting reamed on DVD purchases.

ReaperFett
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:59:10 PM
While I want X2 on DVD, so wont wait :)

Daredevil Directors Cut in April, who scenes are changed and 30 minutes long. Can't wait for that babeh :D

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:57:04 PM
The Daredevil Directors Cut? I've heard everything now. DVD re-releases are rip-offs. It's a joke and a very predictable one now.

ReaperFett
Nov 26th, 2003, 04:22:18 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
The Daredevil Directors Cut? I've heard everything now. DVD re-releases are rip-offs. It's a joke and a very predictable one now.
You heard about it ages ago, because I REMEMBER telling you about it ;)

And it depends for a ripoff. Is the LOTR extended edition a ripoff? I'd say no, as not everyone wants the movies LONGER.

Droo
Nov 26th, 2003, 06:16:54 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
You heard about it ages ago, because I REMEMBER telling you about it ;)

In which case, I certainly DON'T REMEMBER you telling me about it and in any case I still think it's lame.

I see the LOTR:EE movies as a big exception from the rule, same with Alien: The Directors Cut but for different reasons again. In any case, I'm lumping the Daredevil Director's Cut into the rip-off bin with the X-Men 1.5 DVD. The feeling these DVDs generate is not too disimilar from the feeling I get when I see the Steps: Greatest Hits or Westlife: Greatest Hits CDs.

ReaperFett
Nov 26th, 2003, 06:20:45 PM
SO how is a 30 minute longer LOTR different from a 30 minute longer Daredevil?

Charley
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:21:53 AM
I hate how they market DVDs. HATE.

Honestly, they're expensive enough. Plz stop raping my wallet with stupid delayed releases of "better editions"

You see, this is the kind of thing that leads to piracy.

JMK
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:37:24 AM
Yep. I agree, this is exactly why you get piracy.
I admit it though, sometimes I do buy the wrong DVD and find out that another better version is coming out. Like when I first started buying DVDs I picked up Reservoir Dogs and now they've put out another cleaned up version, which pissed me off greatly.

Mu Satach
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:42:18 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
I'm holding out till the trilogy is finished, like everything else. Tired of getting reamed on DVD purchases.

ditto, I take a wait and see approach to DVD buying now.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:09:58 PM
If its a movie I really want like X2 I don't wait, sure they might release a X2.5 but it will be in 2006 before X3 comes out and I am sure the heck not waiting that long. Besides they didn't add anything worthwhile to X1.5 to begin with.

TCM'74
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:04:00 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
If its a movie I really want like X2 I don't wait,

Another ditto to that. There are movies that I can wait upon and then there are movies. :)

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 29th, 2003, 02:38:03 PM
I for one rarely care about extended editions. I almost never have any interest in hearing 23 hours of why the director thought that the main character's hair should have been slightly different.

X.I.M.
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:31:31 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
I hate how they market DVDs. HATE.

Honestly, they're expensive enough. Plz stop raping my wallet with stupid delayed releases of "better editions"

You see, this is the kind of thing that leads to piracy.

Agree 100%.

Seems like everytime I buy a DVD, within a month - something brand new and better comes out for the same movie. I refuse to buy it....but it just makes me angry.

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:36:26 PM
If the DVD is good in the first place, it doesn't bother me majorly. And let's be honest, how often do you watch the extras? To me, it's like having a couple of bonus levels in a game. Sure, you'd like them if you can get them, but if you don't you'll live.

What annoys me most though is when they come out at the same time. X2 came out in two versions in the same week. That can mean people buy a worse DVD without meaning to. Few months later bring out a different version (Meaning, heavily altered) of the movie? That's another thing, the fans can get their different version of Daredevil, LOTR, Alien or whatever.

ANother thing that bugs me is how they don't rerelease the early DVDs. You know, the flippers with the huge list of extras, meaning the trailer? I hate flippers, they were only used to save money incase DVDs never took off (IMO). I'd eradicate em all if I had the chance :D

Syo
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:44:26 PM
I really liked that scene with Jubille they sould have never cut it from the film.

To me DVDs are about the deleted scenes, I don't mind of they come out with a new version in 6 months unless they add deleted scenes

Kind of why the LOTR dvd's make me mad

I didn't buy X-men 1.5 and i don't plan on buying X-men 2.5

i might grab that Daredevil dvd for the deleted scenes though

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:59:19 PM
For the DDDC, it's not so much deleted scenes, it's a whole extra plot :)

It involves Coolio, and some detective work. Explains how the police knew Fisk was Kingpin. Gone are the sex scene and the confession scenes.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:41:03 PM
Cool I always thought that was a huge plot hole.