PDA

View Full Version : Who are you? (Vista)

Rognan Dar
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:23:52 PM
Rognan sat down across from Vista and waved down one of the servers.

"One water and one grape juice."

"Hey, who's the kid?

"Never mind that at the moment. Just get me the drinks...please."

A'right, Hun.

Rognan turned his attention back to the kid.

"Ok, so lets start this from the top. Who are you again?"

Vista Alor
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:59:00 AM
Vista gets herself comfortable in the seat at the table which Rognan brought her to and takes a deep breath.

"I'm Vista Alor, your daughter."

Vista lets her attention wander around to the other patrons of the B&G, curious to everything here since she's never been here before.

Rognan Dar
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:37:05 PM
"What do you mean, daughter? I don't have a daughter, children, or even a wife. You must be clearly mistaken." Or is she? he added to himself.

Vista Alor
Nov 27th, 2003, 09:01:06 AM
"Mom said you wouldn't recognize me since she never had a chance to tell you that she was pwegnant. She always spoke fondly of you, even though you couldn't be with her."

Vista at this point blushes slightly.

"She had this picture of you that was .....interesting. Well, you had no clothes on, but Mom would stare at it for hours, wishing she could be with you.

Mom always said she'd find you someday and tell you about me, but she died awhile ago and she told me to find you."

Vista has tears in her eyes at this point since she does miss her Mother. She raises one of her hands to wipe the tears away from her eyes, since she believes that no one else will care.

Rognan Dar
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:25:49 PM
WHAT!, he screamed to himself. A naked picture of...ME? This can't be happening to me. Why me?

At that moment, the server came back and placed down the drinks. Then turned around and left, not feeling up to hear Rog talk her down again. Rognan took the drink for Vista and placed it infront of her.

"Ok, don't start crying. Nothing good came from that. I understand that you...miss her. But you have to understand, ok? Listen very carefully." He paused to take a deep breath and to clam himself. "I don't have a child. Unless your mother was a Lorrdian, on the planet Lorrd, then I have never met her. How old are you, by the way?"

Vista Alor
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:35:03 PM
Vista takes the juice in both hands and takes a sip before placing it on the table.

"But you're my Dad. You have to be. Mom wouldn't lie to me and the picture which I kept seeing was of you, but you were younger."

Vista moves a hand up to her eyes again to wipe the tears away.

"I almost five now. I miss Mom and I want my Dad and you're my Dad.

Please don't send me away Dad. I don't want to leave you now that I've found you."

Vista gives Rognan a pleading look as she says this.

Rognan Dar
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:23:07 PM
Rognan sighs deeply.

"This all doesn't make sense. I am comparing what you have said to what I know and it doesn't fit. If you are five and I am eighteen, then you were born with I was thirteen. Which is just outstandingly wrong. I was still on Lorrd at the time."

Vista Alor
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:00:42 PM
"No, I'm four, not five. Almost five, not yet though. Mom never said where she met you though she like to travel alot."

Vista says, to Rognan, wishing he'd believe her. Her and her Mother did travel alot. She was born on a ship and her Mother did have one night flings with many different men.

"It doesn't matter how old you were when I was born. What matters now is that I've found my Dad which is you. I'd recognize you anywhere from the picture that Mom had of you."

Rognan Dar
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:30:05 PM
"It all matters when you were born. Do you go out and go to bed with men that you have only met for five seconds? I don't do that kind of thing. Espesially when I was younger. And on my planet. I don't think your mother ever came to Lorrd. Harldy anyone does."

Rognan fiddled with his glass. He hadn't touched it except to moce it around the table as he tried to deal with this.

"Maybe if you told me her name and what species she was might help." he said, trying not to be to mean to the kid. After all, it wasn't her fault.

Vista Alor
Nov 30th, 2003, 10:36:19 AM
"No. I don't go to bed with any men. I'm just a girl.

My Mom is Mom. And she have bigger"

Vista at this point moves her hands up to her horns which are on her forehead since she doesn't know what species her Mother was, or even her Mothers name.

Rognan Dar
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:53:03 PM
Rognan watches the girl touch her horns. The one thing that was starting to bother him.

"You don't even know your mothers name?! Do you even know what my name is?"

Things were starting to get on Rog's nervse. This, this...child...wasn't making things very easy. And he had a feeling that she wasn't going to.

Vista Alor
Dec 1st, 2003, 09:02:24 AM
"I always called Mom, Mom. And I not hear others call her anything.

Mom never said your name. She always said that this picture was of my Dad. And I don't have the picture to show you or I would."

Vista is starting to get a bit worried about this. Normally a person would be believing her by now, but Rognan seems to not believe her, at least not completely. She doesn't show that she's getting worried though. She just gets a hurt look on her face when Rognan says that she doesn't even know her Mothers name.

Rognan Dar
Dec 1st, 2003, 05:32:27 PM
I knew it! Rognan beemed to himself. I knew that she wouldn't. Now I don't think that even am her father.

"Well, if you don't really have any proof that I am your father, there is hardly any way that I can believe you."

Vista Alor
Dec 2nd, 2003, 08:55:12 AM
Vista looks at Rognan for a moment in silence before she starts to cry again, knowing that Rognan has seen through her story, but she's going to have to try anyway.

"But Mom said, and you look, how could you not be my Dad?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:04:53 PM
Great! Now she's crying.

"Ok, just hold on a moment. If you start crying it will only make this harder."

Rognan mentally slapped himself for not thinking of this sooner. Closing his for a moment, he tried to pry into the girls mind. To see if he could find anything that might prove or disprove her story. Once he was start, he re-opened his eye's so that the kid wouldn't expect anything. Because if she did she could block him out since he is not skilled at this feat.

"Well, I could just look like him. I'm sure there might be someone that looks a lot like me."

Vista Alor
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:07:34 AM
Vista wipes the tears away that are running down her face, but continues to cry. As Rognan goes to look into her mind, he comes across some mental walls in her mind. They could already have been there, or she may have put them up. These walls are keeping Rognan from going into her private thoughts.

"True, but ...but I want my family. And I can't have Mom. And if you look like Dad, then you are Dad. And ...and I don't want to look anymore."

Vista at this point starts to cry even harder.

Rognan Dar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 04:06:28 PM
I could leave. I could just leave her here to cry over something thats most likely not true. Why is this happening to me?

Rognan leaned forward and placed both his hands on his head, with his elbows on the table. It was clear that this was bugging him. And to top it off, he couldn't get anything out of the girls mind.

"Look, kid. If you were my daughter then you should look something like me, right? It apears that you take mostly after your mother," he said looking at the horns. "But you just are not my daughter, ok?"

Vista Alor
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:21:32 PM
"Not all kids look like both parents."

Vista says, though she is still crying. She raises one hand to wipe the tears away from her eyes again.

Rognan Dar
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:02:29 PM
"I know that. But you should at lest be have a slightly darker skin, right?"

I give up. I believe that she is wrong in this matter...but what am I going to do? I can't just leave her here to fend for herself.

Though...she seems to be going well for herself so far.

"Ok. I'm going to make a deal with you alright? You can come with me, but, you will have to forget this whole father thing, alright? You are either delirious, or just have mental problems because I'm not your father. Ok?"

Vista Alor
Dec 5th, 2003, 10:20:59 AM
Vista gets a huge smile on her face when Rognan says that she can come live with him, even though he's saying he isn't her Father, which truthfully, he isn't as far as she knows. She doesn't even know what her Father looks like, or even what he used to look like.

"Already forgotten."

Vista wipes the remaining tears off of her face before she takes another sip of her juice, happy that she's gotten herself a home again.

Rognan Dar
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:17:07 PM
Great. Sweet move. Now what are you going to do with her? he questioned himself. Your not really the child raising type. Your going to need help on this. And where is she going to sleep? I'll figure it out, now stop it with the questions.

"Alright. Lets go then. There is going to be a lot of things that you are going to need to learn before this day is over."

With that he got up. His water still untouched and left some credits on the table. Then he headed to the doors and watched as the child followed him like a little puppy follows his master.

What have I gotten myself into?

Vista Alor
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:17:59 PM
Vista quickly finishes off her juice and hops down from the chair that she's sitting on and follows Rognan to the door.

"I'll be really good. And I won't break anything on purpose either."