PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Kart Double Dash

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 25th, 2003, 03:16:45 PM
Wow. Mariokart. But this time, with two people on the frikkin cart at the same time.

I've never seen such an interesting game in my life. Mix and match players, each player has his or her own special item, pick between different vehicles...

And the 2 player mode is simply amazing. Especially the cooperative mode. I was entirely impressed when I played it. Much excellent game. If you haven't played it, and you own a Gamecube, get out there and at least rent it for a weekend.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 27th, 2003, 09:17:36 AM
Double Dash is a brilliant game. I like how you can unlock new carts and multiplayer circuits this time. Not only that but this is the most hectic of the Mario Karts and looks stunning; I can't go on anything lower than 100cc and most of the time go on 150cc - it's just crazy. I get really wound and infuriated by it but it's all part of the experience and wouldn't have it any other way.

Garrett Blade
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:59:00 PM
Whenever I play him, Dru is the magnet and all the CPU bombs, shells, eggs, fireballs and lightning bolts are made of metal. It's the funniest thing since "Milly Freaks Out in The Depths of Bespin!" :)

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 1st, 2003, 08:56:57 PM
Yeah. I hate having to play less than 150 CC. I suck at driving, but I can work the gunner position. I'm working on the driving though.

Hunk
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:29:25 PM
4-player co-op racing with this game is easily the most fun I've ever had multiplayer gaming.

My two friends were almost at each others throats arguing about who messed up when they ended up wasting a trio of red shells. Absolutely hilarious

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:13:39 PM
There's going to be an event here at my college that Residence Life is organizing...we think it's going to be a tournament, but we don't know, as no details have been released! Three of my best friends have resolved to practice up and win this thing...

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 6th, 2004, 02:54:21 AM
A college Mario Kart tournament? Cool. Can you have 4 way battle mode on this version of the game?

We used to have Tekken 3 tournaments every few months, got the whole year involved.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 6th, 2004, 12:08:33 PM
That game totally rocks. Best game on the gamecube, period.

As sad as it sounds, I find that the combo of both Baby Mario and Baby Luigi is my best team. I go crazy fast with the little'uns.

But, if not them I choose the Paratroopa and Mario.

Kale
Jan 6th, 2004, 02:22:07 PM
I was a bit skeptical about this game, actually--MarioKart for SNES was great fun, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the N64 version. It seemed to be a step backward in gameplay, even though the track designs were updated. But I may have to check this one out, sometime when I'm finished playing Zelda: Wind Waker, which I just got for Christmas.

I hope it doesn't have the annoying "catch-up" feature that MK64 had... no matter how well you drove, the computer would always pass you, and the only way you could stay ahead was to use an item within fifteen seconds of the finish line. And if you were playing a two-player grand prix and one player went way off ahead, the other player would have very little chance of getting back in the race because all the computer players would zip off to contend with the first one.

But I'd be thrilled if they've improved on the old gameplay. I do like the revamped kart designs I've seen. Are the tracks interesting?

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2004, 07:27:23 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
A college Mario Kart tournament? Cool. Can you have 4 way battle mode on this version of the game?

You can do one on one, 2 vs 1, 2 vs 2, or free-for-all. We're expecting this to be a cooperative thing, but it might not be.