PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath(Open, with note)

Lyan Gyndar
Nov 25th, 2003, 03:18:38 AM
(Note: The situation here is one connected to the Jedi Knight Falcon Gyndar. This is the arrival of the survivors from the destruction of the Jedi Academy on Tyntia, to Coruscant. There will be a few characters introduced in this RP. If you are interested, please PM Falcon Gyndar for details before posting anything. There will also be an information thread posted in the OOC Forum.)

Proposing marriage…moments of happiness…then 6 weeks of lagging space travel heaped on a hook of pain tearing through my heart has made my life a saddening, yet conceivable hell. This trial has been far less than convenient. But as a Jedi, I do not seek convenience, but take every opportunity to learn, and to keep watch over the peace. And yet when war-like happenings trod on your doorstep and bust your kneecaps when you open the door, it makes you want to shred all the smiles like cheese for a pizza. Just to let everyone know how you feel when your whole life is turned upside-down and the insides are ripped out. Lucky for them I'm a Jedi…a knight, no less. Trusted teacher and watcher, protector and friend.

“Hey, bother. Lunchtime.”

I kept writing, the girlish voice nothing more than an echo in the back of my mind.

THWAPthump. Two young hands planted themselves on my desk, accompanied by the slender form of my sister just behind them.

“Hey! You hear me? Justinian's gonna eat the table any second and…”

I must have given Shanyla a really nasty look because she suddenly shut up. Then no more than two seconds later, she began to apologize. For no reason at all.

“Ohh..Ahhh…Umm.. I'm so sorry…”

Come on, Lyan. Snap out of it.

I blanked my expression, then gave a sad excuse for a smile. It must have been extremely pitiful. Shanyla showed a kind smile.

“I'll be there in a minute.” I said slowly, calmly.

Looking satisfied at accomplishing this small goal, she left me to go join Justinian, the man who has been my closest friend and confidante for as long as I can remember..

I don't know how she does it…seeing the good in everything…

I jotted down a final few words, then put everything away, and went to join Shanyla and Justinian at lunch in the mess hall.