PDA

View Full Version : I'll take a beer (open)

Sanis Prent
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:32:08 PM
It had been a long time since I'd haunted the B&G for personal reasons. Felt good to leave my worries behind. I nodded to the staff at the door, and secured my weapons before entering.

"And my spot is still clear."

Smiling, I made it to my usual spot at the bar, straddling a stool as I nodded to the barkeep.

"Evenin Sanis. Not seen you around here in a while."

I shrugged.

"Yeah, I've had a dry spell."

The barkeep finished drying off a glass, and set it aside.

"What can I get you?"

"Pint of Sullustan Stout. Thanks."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:31:10 PM
It wasn't often that she came here - a bar full of Jedi was never a good place for her to inhabit, but right now, what brought her here was a little message sent from her sister - Kyry had meant it (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21831&highlight=sIlancy)as a joke; it'd happened such a long time ago and nothing came of it thankfully, but s'Il still couldn't help but be a little rankled at it.

She'd spent most of the day inquiring where the man had decided to spend his afternoon, and had finally stumbled upon him at the Jedi bar.

Her mind went back to why she was here the moment her eyes laid upon him, and once more her hackles were up in record time.

She would have thought that at least Sanis wouldn't agree to such a thing (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=607550#post607550) (of course she'd have afforded him the same courtesy had she been in his situation, but the Lupine would never admit to that) - the two had done a few jobs together, but still. The slight feeling of aggravation couldn't be helped. That and she was looking for a good tiff.

And so, storming into the bar and grill, s'Il tossed her slugthrowers to the doorguard who caught them before having to juggle the firearms in an attempt to keep a hold of them. She had no other weapons of any kind on her person - not that she needed them - and with baled fists, began the short trek to where Prent sat waiting for his order.

"I've been looking for you," she said; not too loud but definately able to be heard.

" - and i have a little bone to pick with you."

Sanis Prent
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:49:33 PM
I paused long enough to cool my throat with a pull from my beer.

"What."

I slowly set my glass down. The voice was familiar.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:11:53 AM
Coming to a stop directly behind Prent, s'Il glowered at the back of his head before reaching out to smack his noggin.

"You were gonna sell me out, you jerk."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:22:34 AM
I turned to face her, unconciously adjusting my hair where she swatted. Annoyance and disbelief was written on my face.

"I'm sorry, I only speak in current events. You're dredging up old history better than a Twi'leki housewife."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:42:11 AM
"It's the principle of the matter, you dumbtard," she retorted, pulling up a seat next to him.

"You were going to sell me out. I thought you were over that sort thing."

Idly reaching out, the Lupine grasped his mug and pulled it to her, cradling it in her hands as if it was hers. "And so what if I sound like some disgruntled housewife? You deserve every bit of it."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:56:53 AM
I motioned to the barkeep for another beer rather than worry over the one she'd taken. It didn't change my disposition for the better, though.

I held up my right hand, then held up my left hand.

"I'm not seeing any ring there. Not to you, not to anyone, and certainly not in the context of past events. Hell, you should know that you can't afford to make crap like that personal. Not back then, at least."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:01:29 AM
"Thank god theres no ring from me on your finger," she grumbled, casting him a venomous look. "I think I'd shoot myself."

She took a drink from the stolen beer. "And I'm not making it personal - I'm expressing a "business concern" for the fact that you would go behind my back like that."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:03:58 AM
"Its business, not monogamy. We work together, do a job, and go our separate ways. Maybe we'll work together more. Maybe we won't. I'm not exactly a fortune teller, so I don't plan for the frelling future on those things."

My brow furrowed at her, as I got my new beer.

"What, do you want an apology?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:11:26 AM
"An apology? From you?" s'Il let out a small laugh. "I didn't know that word was even in your vocabulary."

She settled herself more comfortable on her stool, quite content and rather enjoying this little argument. It let her release a small amount of aggression in a way that didn't involve tearing some poor sod limb from limb.

"So obviously it was worth taking the job, seeing as how you accepted," she went on, taking another drink. "Any reason why you didn't follow through with it?"

The Lupine leaned forward then, a smirk on her lips, "Or was it the fact that you knew you wouldn't be able to pull it off... "

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:14:17 AM
"Psh"

I turned partially away from her, taking a drink.

"Don't even try to play the ego card on me."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:21:43 AM
She laughed then, his reaction actually kind of cute.

"I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing with you, Sanis," she grinned into her mug. "I know better than to touch your ego with a ten-foot pole. Lord know I don't want to be responsible for causing your head to inflate so much it explodes."

In the times that they'd worked together, she'd rather enjoyed pushing his buttons. And right now was no different.

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:26:24 AM
I paused, and turned around, a slight, knowing smile on my face.

"You really can't help yourself, can you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:31:31 AM
With a cheshire cat's grin, the Lupine looked away absently before giving him that same sidelong grin.

"It's fun," she offered in slef-defense, "and gets you riled up. Why would I stop myself from affording the luxury of a little fun... ?"

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:32:40 AM
"No, that's not what I meant."

I waggled a finger at her slightly.

"You want me."

My smile widened.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:35:10 AM
Now that she wasn't expecting in the least, and the expression on her face said as much.

"I most certainly do not!" was her only sputtered answer as she stared at him in semi-shock.

"Look at yourself! Why would I want you??"

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:37:50 AM
I feigned a look of agreement and shock, shrugging my shoulders melodramatically.

"I have absolutely no idea. That's a preposterous thing to think! I mean, it's not like you've followed me around on the same jobs, gone after the same things I go after, or anything like that."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:42:25 AM
Now this was rediculous. She followed him? HA! Not likely.

"I do not follow you around. If anything, it's the exact opposite - I've seen you peeping in my windows-" ok, so that was a blatant lie, but still, "- which only leads me to believe that you - "

A finger jabbed into his chest, "- can't stand- "

Another jab, "- not being around me."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:45:58 AM
I laughed, setting my beer aside.

"Well, now that you mention it...I do sometimes long for a little special company."

My eyes lit up a little.

"Do you play fetch?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:59:08 AM
The nerve!

"No," was her retort.

A memory triggered then, and a wicked smirk crossed her features. A memory of reading about some trouble he'd had back on Carshoulis Prime a while back - and with the Pride mother no doubt.

"But I heard somewhere that you like collars."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:01:17 AM
The smile gradually faded from my face.

"Touche'."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:04:55 AM
A triumphant grin.

"I win," was her satisfied reply, turning back to take a long swig of her drink.

"Besides. I may be a Lupine, but even I don't wear collars.

"Sometimes."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:06:11 AM
"Is that what this is about? Winning?"

I studied her eyes as I took another drink. She was turning out to be a bag of the usual female half-truths and twisted feelings.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:09:18 AM
"Easiest way to win an argument is to declare victory before the other person has a chance to put a word in edgewise."

A shrug.

"That, and as much as I hate to admit it, you do tend to be fun company."

s'Il paused, then went on to save face and not have to admit to anything totally and completely.

"But only every now and then."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:19:59 AM
"You make the easiest jobs damn near impossible."

I glanced sidelong at her, and leaned against the bar.

"Still, there are times, when you aren't packing Murphy's Law, when its been good to have you around."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:24:33 AM
Looking at him, s'Il gave Prent an odd look before reaching a hand up to feel his forehead.

"Are you feeling alright? I swear thats the nicest thing you've ever said about me - or to me, for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather snog a mynock than you, but you're worrying me a little."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:36:13 AM
"Don't worry, the feeling's mutual."

I shrugged, lighting up a smoke

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:45:10 AM
Scrunching up her nose, the Lupine reached out a quick hand, deftly plucking the stim-cig from between his lips to extinguish it in an ashtray.

"Don't do that around me," she sighed, "It smells and it's bad for you; bad for your lungs."

It wasn't that she was concerned for him - farthest from, she told herself. It was just the smell. A little too pungent for her senses and he wouldn't smoke around her if she could help it.

"Besides. I don't like it."

Sanis Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:59:26 AM
I arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah? I thought we were past aiming to please here."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 03:18:01 AM
Don't flatter yourself. I'm only looking out for my own interests. You of all people should understand that."

She made a face before turning to her drink. A few seconds of silence filled the air between them, and s'Il took a sip from her glass before shifting a sidelong glance to Prent.

"Besides - I didn't come here just to argue with you... "

Lord, he was never going to let her live this down...

"... I... kinda need your help."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:40:59 PM
"What kind of help?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:05:48 PM
The Lupine sighed.

"An old friend asked me to transport some stuff from one safehouse to another - and I need someone to run point for me."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:21:53 PM
Taking a drag from my stim, I replied.

"Who's the friend?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:49:55 PM
She gave a little chuckle then.

"You know him, actually - he even recommended I ask for your help.

"A one Mr. Amber Shades."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:58:15 PM
"Oh, him."

I snuffed my smoke out.

"It's been a long time since I've done a job for him. Considering how the last one turned out, why are you doing it again?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2003, 05:16:00 PM
Giving him a shrug, s'Il only let out a hmph.

"The pay is topnotch - and the toys alone he's letting me use are worth it. Plus, I get to keep them. I figure I'd share the good fortunes."

She pulled a flimsy from the pack pocket of her trousers and slid it to him.

http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/bebebebebeb.jpg

"I thought you'd like the plastic shovel and bucket he's giving away."

Sanis Prent
Dec 20th, 2003, 10:52:02 AM
I glanced at the flimsy, and back to S'Il. If I said no, she'd persist. She was as stubborn as I was. Then again, I had a reputation to uphold here.

"What are the details?"