PDA

View Full Version : The Dream Time

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2003, 02:03:13 AM
High, high, high above the plains that surrounded the castle, a lone Jedi stood upon hte highest turret, surveying the land of Trilith. Night was falling and he was going to spend some time mediating upon the battlements, to allow his mind to drift into the Force, to see where it was taken and what would happen.

Jedi did this - sometimes it was a waste of time, other times profound insight could be found. Tonight, he didnt know what he wanted. Alone, lost and without a clue what next. All he wanted was some sort of hint, some sort of explaination for the exile he and Xazor were undergoing.

He placed his sabre with a sword on the ground, kneeling, he closed his eyes. A few breaths and he dropped into the Jedi Mediation......

------

....... Eyes opened. He was in some sort of long room, much like Castle Trilith's long room, with it's ancient and huge dining table. He was dressed in armour, sword on the table in front of him. He was, much to his interest, sitting at the head of the table, fabulous tapestries skirting each wall. In fron of him along with the sword was a steel goblet that was filled with the finest of wine.

What is this place?

It reminded him of the room he and his ex-mistress fought.

Is this a dream?

He felt it could be. But to what purpose would it serve?

He cetainly wasnt alone. He felt that if he turned his head...... he would see the woman whom had tried to stop him at that mall. And it was so.

"Might I ask whom you are?" he said.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:44:05 AM
Dressed in the fashion of a maiden, with a gown of deep burgandy, she turned to him. "I'm Quay'Na Rakai." She answered her tone friendly, her face was expressionless...she was just there. "And you are, Sir?"

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:54:49 AM
"Quay'Na Raka" He repeated, rolling the name around in his mind. Nothing came up as to prior identification or reason why he would be dreaming this.

Maybe something about that Mall?

"I've got a few names" he eventually replied. "Mostly when it suits me to be something else. What is a name anyway? Isnt a person defined by what they do, rather than a name? But if you need a name, most beings call me Marcus. Who knows, it might even be my real name. Not that lying's going to make much difference, all things come clear in a dream... usually"

Something wasn't quite straight that this was a dream tho. It felt... almost like she was here. Strange too he was as he really was, no hiding or disguises.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:08:18 PM
The night had been just a little hard, and s'Il had slept fitfully. tossing and turning beneath the covers. Images flashed before her eyes, at first like a slide show - images of first Barrok, then Ary, Millard, Sanis, Tevit and Anauri, and then followed by a number of faces she couldn't recognize. She thought she saw Vymes...

... and then it slowed before finally settling once more on Barrok, and suddenly instead of a simple image flashing before her, the dream was all too real. The familiar weight of a sword was in her right hand, and she brought the weapon up in a guard, lowering her body to a defensive stance. The look in Barrok's eyes was one of lethal intent, and she let her feet take her a step back.

The Dragon moved forward, pulling his knives out, and her sword came up a little more, her eyes staring over the blade to glare at the man before her. He lunged, and in a flurry of movement she surged forward - the two closing the distance between them - - -

- - - and then he was gone, and she stood alone in a hallway - no, no - it was a room. It just appeared to be a hallway. Her sword was gone as well as Barrok, and the Lupine stood uncertan, uncertain as to what her mind was doing. She blinked, looking down to her hands. At an utter loss, s'Il studied her fingers absently, taking small note of the veins that circulated the blood through her extremeties. She blinked. And sighed.

Voices reached her ears then, and the Lupine turned, seeking out the source. Farther down the way stood two figures. One looked vaguely familiar, but the other didn't register in her memory, and so, stepping forward, she started for the pair.

The closer she got the more she was able to distinguish about the two individuals standing before her - she did recognize one; the man. It was Strider. s'Il furrowed her brows... why would she dream about him? Shaking her head, she continued on, and starting past the table, looked down at its surface, taking in the sword and goblet of wine.

She stopped then, and turning her gaze to the Jedi, the Lupine looked up at him. It was strange - she could feel the force coming from him - rolling from his body in waves, but her Lupine rage still slept, unaffected by the presence of such Force-usage. And this confused her even more.

When she spoke, her voice was even, but it was easy to see in her eyes the level of confusion running through her mind.

"Hello Strider."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:03:17 PM
For a moment, Quya'Na was silent. Is this real? No, I'm dreaming.... She glanced down at her attire again, it was beautiful. Never had she owned something to the likes of this. Quay'Na was a member of the Jedi, but soon hopefully she would be accepted into....the Lost....

With a sudden gasp, it came to her. Marcus! Marcus...the Lost Master, the man she had tried to stop in the mall! This was him!

"Your the one...I'm trying to find, you're the Lost Master." She spoke as she looked right into his eyes. But, how could this be? She was dreaming, wasn't she? But, it felt so real...

"How is this possible?" Quay'Na asked with a look of confusion, but before he could answer another stepped into the grand room. Her animal sensing perked, a Lupine.

"Hello, Strider."

Strider?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:29:53 PM
"Your trying to find me, Miss Rakai? But except for the mall, I have never seen you in my life. How did you find out about me? How do you know about The Lost?"

The answers to his questions however would have to wait a moment, for there was the feeling of someone else. This presence was more familiar and even a friend.

"Lok? Welcome ..... I'm not sure what this place is or where it exists. Or what it is. Or what brings you here. Miss Rakai, this is a friend of mine, Lok S'ilancy. Lok, I believe this lady here is Quay'Na Rakai. A... errr.... exactly what are you Miss Rakai? "

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:51:33 PM
The Lupine gave a barely perceptable nod to the woman - Quay'Na Rakai - before turning her attentions back to Strider. At the moment, there was another matter that concerned her, and as confused as she was, s'Il knew one thing. She could feel the force coming from h im - it was strong; almost overbearing on her force-tender senses, but still she wasn't reacting to it.

And while it was nice to see the man once again, the Lupine wanted to know what was happening.

"Something's wrong," she said quietly, a little disoriented for the most part.

At the look from the Jedi, she blinked. "... I can feel the force - its like a massive series of waves coming from you...

"... but I'm not changing."

Sanis Prent
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:20:51 PM
Originally posted by s'IlancyImages flashed before her eyes, at first like a slide show - images of first Barrok, then Ary, Millard, Sanis, Tevit and Anauri, and then followed by a number of faces she couldn't recognize. She thought she saw Vymes...

I rarely dreamed. Tonight was an exception. I found myself alone in a dark place. Nothing around me emanated light, yet I could somehow feel not asleep. The first hint of anything other than pitch black was a glimpse of auburn hair, reflected in a wading pool on the wall. The water rippled, but was soon still. S'Ilancy? What did this mean?

Was it even her? Her face turned and for a mere instant, the water was still, before she turned away again. I paused, hesitant to give chase, but not for rational reasons. For here, a pool of water hung as if it were a portal or a vanity mirror. For whatever reason I finally decided to pursue. I stepped through the water's surface, and through the window of my dream.

I fell to a cold marble floor. My clothes were somehow dry. Close to me, stood S'Ilancy. Further, two figures that remained twisted and distorted. Everything seemed dulled, muted. Even the clack of my shoes against the marble floor sounded like a world stuffed full of cotton.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:16:05 AM
"My master has told me of you and your kind." Quay's voice seemed to echo in her mind. "She's explained to me the ways of the Lost, that is my destiny. At the moment, I am a Jedi. Padawan learner to Jedi Knight, Helenias Evenstar."

Quay paused for his response as she looked at Lok and nodded her own greeting. And then, she sensed another all too familiar...Sanis Prent. But, she didn't move, didn't even flinch. She sat calmly, awaiting his arrival....after all this was a dream....

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:31:44 AM
Lots of questions. And one statement that absolutly surprised him greatly.

would be a very good idea however to not follow that statement up too much, not now not here. But he quite suddenly had Quay marked for further attention. What int he force was Helenias up to?

"To answer your question first S'il, this place technically does not exist physically, but it is a place that exists in some level. I've been here before when I wanted to meet others, though never like this. In here, the rules of the Galaxy are changed. Your condition is purely physical, so it will have no bearing in a place of dreams and vision. Why you are here, I do not know for up to now I've only known a few Force Users who could enter under a state of meditation. I will tell you, what you can do here is only limited by the power of your mind"

And as for Quay....

"And as for you Miss Rakai... Your master is the Lady Evenstar? How can that be? When we met, you did not have the markings of one whose been trained by her. Explain"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:30:59 PM
Meditation? Now why would she do anything like that? The closest to meditating for s'Il was in the form of lying sprawled out on the fresher floor after a night making the rounds with Silus. But, Silus was nowhere to be found, and she was far from drunk. Giving Strider's explanation a shrug, she let out a sigh. Wherever it was they were, she figured she'd be able to stick around for a little bit at least. Of course, not that she was given any choice in the matter at all.

And then came another body, only this one narrowly missed her by a few inches before coming in contact with the hard surface of the floor, and s'Il jumped a little before flinching at the end result of the new arrival's fall.

Sanis??

Kneeling, the Lupine reached out to support his shoulders and head in her arms while in the same motion helping him get at least halfway vertical.

"Who's following who now," she mumbled absently, pulling him a little closer to support his weight.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 25th, 2003, 07:18:55 PM
"Let me put it in a different prospective, Master Ellessar. I'm waiting on you...to find me, I guess." This was so strange, even being a dream. "When I first met you in that mall, I was not under Knight Evenstar, I was under the charge of my second Master Sage Hazzard...then for unknown reason's even yet, he left and I've not seen him since. I was then taken under the charge of Master Morgan Evanar, but things weren't clicking and soon after I met Knight Evenstar and she took me on. I've only been in her charge for a month or so." Or was it two months? It was very unclear at the moment.

"If you accept me into your Lost Order, I will gain my fifth and hopefully final Master. I've not had much luck with Masters, it seems that for some unknown reason they don't stay and every time I stray a bit further away. Had knight Evenstar not taken me on, I would've left the Order then and become a rogue." Yes, that would've happened a while back had Helenias not stopped her.

Quay's first master, she did not speak of, but she would if he asked.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 26th, 2003, 04:50:40 AM
This was alomst too good to be true - and thence, it probably was. But in this dream / meditation state, who knew what the mind could create, what the Force could show. Who knew what was real, what was happening and with whom. The wine in the goblet could be bitter poison but in a blink it could change to water.

It remained wine, however - no matter the mental urging. But then, sometimes you couldnt change the course of a dream or a vision.

"You tell a good story Miss Rakai. But one thing I wish explained. You said you are waiting for me to find you? Why would I want that? What could you bring, what would you offer that would interest me? I dont waste my time and only someone who has proven worthy gets to learn from me. What type of proof could you offer that you are genuine and not one of ones trying to catch me?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 26th, 2003, 04:17:55 PM
Quay'Na leaned up for a moment and picked up the goblet of wine in front of her, she swirled it around for a few seconds and then returned it to it's place. "You may not want to come looking for me, Master Elessar, but you will find me in the end. I am sure of it."

Her gaze fell back to him. Where your words won't convince, your actions will.... "As for what I have to offer? Loyalty, my strength, my speed, my knowledge and my life. How so, you ask? You've already seen me in action at the mall incident, I stood up to you. I tried to stop you, I did not fear you. It was my inner strength that had been bestowed upon me that day, I even tripped you for a second and I would've continued to follow had Master Dasquian not stopped me. But, then my loyalties were fully to the Order, I've changed much since then." She looked back at the goblet.

"My duties as a Jedi, I look upon differently, my personal life is not one of a true Jedi of the Lightside. In fact, if the Council were to know, they would never approve of the one I've chosen to love for the rest of my life. Your Order may not approve as well, but it is something I can not change and I will not."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:13:21 AM
"I dont know where you got the idea the Lost are an Order Miss Rakai - they are not. Most of them are not even Jedi or Force users. They hpwever, have the want to see evil done away with in the Galaxy by means not exactly that would be respected. Who you love is your own problem, not mine."

"I have" he reflected suddenly, "Been wondering wh you did that. Why did you stand? Why did you try to challenge me? That was a brave thing to do, a worthy thing, but foolish. I would hear your reasons"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:40:03 AM
"No reasons really, it was who I was at the time. You were putting innocent people in danger. I'm not one to allow that, you could've tried to kill me that day and I still wouldn't have beckoned. I would've attempted to stop you anyway, had the Jedi Master not interfered." Her tone was a bit stronger now, perhaps he was testing her? In a dream? But, nonetheless, she would not stand down. He wanted to see what she was made of perhaps and she would show him.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 27th, 2003, 09:30:12 PM
"Oh, is that so?"

His expression was cold. No warmth at at and his eyes bored in on Quay.

"Then learn this lesson well. Not everything you see is as it appears. There wasn't an innocent person in danger and what you saw was myself making sure they didnt die or see what I did next. That mall was run by a crime lord, who was my real target. Oh, he and his henchmen died that day - deservedly so. The little acts of destruction were to create a panic to rid the place of everyone and allow me to do my real work. If Kingpin knew I was coming, he would have killed those innocents to try and stop me"

"That is why I'm not a Jedi anymore. I believe in justice, but I'm no longer prepared to sit and talk as the Jedi do. That's what the Lost are about. Would you sacrifice all to see the ends I want? a Galaxy where peace can eb obtained? Where a husband can live with his wife and know their children are safe? What would you do to gain that?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:28:30 AM
Quay'Na eased off a bit, she knew she needed to chose her words a bit more wisely. It appeared that she was coming off a bit cocky without actually meaning too.

"I understand what you're telling me, but then how is one supposed to know the good from the bad, Sir? In the mall incident, I believed it was you who was the threat as did Master Belargic." She said gently. "I was merely doing as my duty as a Jedi...I suppose, in the eyes of the Order." She didn't know how else to explain herself for that day.

"I still have a lot to learn, Sir. I want to learn and I would sacrifice everything to be taught in the ways of the Lost. Peace is what I strive for, Sir. But, in the ways of the Jedi it's just too hard to see, they talk instead of act." She paused for a moment. "I would do as you command of me, Master Elessar. Even in the eyes of death, I would continue to strive for the Lost." Quay'Na sighed, she knew not what else to say to convince him. But, this was just a dream, one day they would meet for real and that would be the 'real' test. She shook her head slightly, but this was so real....

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:43:44 AM
"Talk but no act, hm? So, is that what you are, you act when the time comes? You probably said the sole thing that would allow you to stay here. Anyone that knows me truly knows what I think someone is defined by. So.... maybe you have been trained to say as you did. Maybe you are but a hope and a desire, put here to blind me to what I am true to"

His hand moved, caressed the hilt of the sword, touching the cold steel of the hilt. His fingers curled around it and in one smooth movement, he lifted it up. The blade glittered in the light.

"So we will now see exactly what you are"

Abrupty he was up and swinging hard. The blade whistled as it cut air, barely missing Quay's head, but biting deep into the chair she had been on, splintering the backrest as it was pulled free, only to bite and split the chair in two in a second swing.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 28th, 2003, 05:25:30 PM
The first swing was to close for comfort, by the second she was out of the chair, but the damn gown got caught and twisted, landing her in a heap on the floor.

"What the..." She grimaced and yanked hard as splinters were thrown all over her. Then, in her ratical attempt to get loose, it dawned on her.

This is a dream!!! And dreams could be controlled! Without a moments hesitation, she no longer pictured herself in the burgandy gown, but a black fighters uniform and it was.

Free at long last, Quay'Na rolled out of the way and grabbed her lightsabre, bringing it's tourquise blade into view. She stood in a defensive position and caught her breath. The chair she had just been in was nothing but splinters. Quay'Na did not flinch, this was what he wanted, he wanted to see what she was made out of. She silently stood her ground, her heart racing. Awaiting a new attack...

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 7th, 2003, 04:58:56 AM
The sword broke more of the chair apart as it was pulled clear, the sound of it clear. The hand that held the sword moved slightly, the sword moving in response, light glitterign off the blade. Noting that Quay had obviously worked out somethign about how the room worked, he leapt upwards - to be standiong on the ceiling, as if he had turned gravity for himself upside down. Almsot as quicky,he was down again, boots hitting the table with a thud that was much louder than it should have been.

Then in another lightning leap, he was upside down again, spinning through the air as his blade sought to cleave Quay in half.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:47:08 AM
Quay'Na watched in amazement the feats Marcus had done, he was using the dream to aid in all his moves, meaning she could too.

She only had an instant to react from the Lost Masters sword that was headed for her mid-section.

Quay'Na dropped and rolled backwards out of his way, bringing herself to her feet, she then jumped and planted her own feet on the ceiling.

That last swing was close....too close...

A Jedi never uses ones weapon to attack... But, she wasn't a true Jedi anymore, she wanted to be a Lost. Which meant, she could attack and besides it was a dream.

With a battle cry, Quay'Na lunged after Marcus. Her lightsabre coming straight at his neck.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:58:27 PM
Prent hadn't really done much of anything to indicate that he was able to talk - let alone utilize any sort of motor functions at all, and s'Il let out a sigh.

The Lupine looked over at the sudden sounds of combat coming from where Strider and Rakai were standing - only to see the two of them having it out with eachoether. An odd look was sent their way, and s'Il couldn't help but stare at the two for a few moments before shaking her head and coming to the only rational explanation for what was going on...

Jedi are so weird.

In any event, she wasn't too worried about either - it was Prent that she, well, wasn't concerned about; there was no way she could ever be anyways... she just wanted to make sure he alright. It was a pure business concern.

"Come on, Sanis," she grumbled, pulling his shoulders up so she could get his head in her lap before following up with the only threat she could think of, "I'll kiss you if you don't talk to me."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:16:14 PM
Everything was distant and distorted for moments. I felt locked in perpetual vertigo. Eventually, I focused on S'Ilancy's face, and beyond that, the crash of lightsabers.

"What's going on?"

Able to find my bearings, I looked around. We were somewhere, and yet, nowhere.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:23:58 PM
s'Il cast a look to the fighting Jedi, then back down to Prent.

"From what I've been told, it's some sort of dream realm - I'm not entirely sure though. I just know that you followed me here.

"Like always."

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:40:33 PM
"How do I know that you didn't know I was coming here, and were waiting on me?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:31:20 PM
A snort.

"I was dropped here just like you were - though come to think of it I think I saw your face before being dumped in this hallway."

Another look was sent to the two dueling Jedi.

"Do they do that kind of stuff all the time... ?"

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:42:40 PM
"I don't know. I've never understood them."

The dueling figures in the distance began to take shape. One of them seemed familiar.

"Her. I know that woman."

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 12th, 2003, 04:41:26 AM
The sabre came at his throat - or it would have, if he hadn't bend backwards, allowing the humming blade to pass over his chest. Being within range, one leg came up and hit Quay just behind the hip. It shouldn't have been that bad. There wasn't any way to get any meaningful power behind the shot. That is, if this were real life.

But it wasn't. The woman flew through the air, to smash into the wall, leaving a dent the shape of her body.

she's worked out part of this... Hmmmm. Not bad

But that was only a brief thought in his mind. The sword was shifted into his left hand, the right picked up part of the shattered chair's arm rest - with, within this dream, turned into a warhammer. Leaping into the air, the hammer was swung, seeking to flatten Quay's skull onto the unrelenting stone floor.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 12th, 2003, 06:36:02 PM
"Ugh!" Quay hit the wall. She hadn't expected the throw and then landed in a heap on the floor.

Had the timing not been so extremely serious and almost real, Quay would've laughed at the indention in the wall. But, there was no time as she shook her head and noticed Marcus pick up the arm rest. Seconds later, he turned it into a huge warhammer!!

This ain't no dream, this is a nightmare!!! She thought as he came at her. She had no where to go and with the angle he was coming, there was no way out, she was up against a brick wall.

One hit with that hammer, with his brute strength and her brains would be everywhere! With one last thought as the hammer came down towards her head, she thought....

Feather.

And squeezed her eyes shut....ready to be killed. Or not be killed if her idea of turning Marcus' hammer into a feather actually worked...

Suddenly, she vanished...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:05:20 PM
Looking in the direction Prent had gazed, s'Il cast a glance over at Rakai.

"Another failed conquest?"

The Lupine continued to watch as Strider attacked the other woman, and she shook her head as the Jedi turned an armrest into a warhammer, advancing on the prone woman.

And then, Rakai was gone - in the blink of an eye... s'Il started, letting Prent's head drop fromher hands and onto her knee...

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 16th, 2003, 04:37:42 AM
The hammer hit the floor with enough force to break the head of the hammer apart - metal went flying as the crash of impact echoed around the room. One one knee, Marcus looked at where his opponent's head should of been, then his eyes came up. He slowly scanned from right to left, twisting his body about to see what manner of trick this was. Even if his face still had the chiseled and hardened grimace of battle, internally he was impressed.

No-one's worked that out before, I even didn't know that could be done.

He had to admit, she had some thinking ability. And that's what he treasured most in apprentices. Marcus came back upright, continuing to scan the room with his eyes and with his mind. While the typical locating tricks of The Force didnt work here, there could be other ways.

"Did you learn that from Helenias?" he asked, listening. Her voice would pinpoint her location. His sword and the hammer remains were ready to strike.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 16th, 2003, 04:51:53 AM
Quay'Na reappeared just as she had disappeared, but now she was sitting on a wooden chandelier quite a ways away. "Not really, Master Elessar." She spoke quietly.

Not telling him, she wasn't sure that it was even going to work, but it did.

She was getting the hang of things in this dream, things she could do now were coming more and more into view. The options were opening up to her now.

Would be attack again, or would they talk? She still wasn't exactly sure if talking were in the realms, but she would wait to see what he did. He looked mad, madder now that he hadn't been able to splat her brains all over the room.

"Are we finished or shall we continue, Master Elessar?" She asked from her perch. She was ready for anything, though she remained sitting until the very last moment, if need be.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 20th, 2003, 06:52:34 AM
The answer was in action, not word. The chains holding chandelier went PLINK! as they were torn in two with a mental twist. As it began it's fall, he raised the hammer, using it to point. What he did next would have taken seconds to prepare and achieve in the real world - and he the best at it. In here, in the dream, it just happened. The end of the hammer sprouted a jet of flame, aimed and timed to intersect with the falling Quay just before she hit the ground.

Sanis Prent
Dec 20th, 2003, 10:48:17 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
"Another failed conquest?"

"You have no idea."

Quay's disappearing act got my attention. Even as S'Il let go, I raised up on a knee.

I looked sidelong to the lupine, whos attention was fixed on the spectacle. If I was in my right mind, I would've known I was dreaming. Somehow, you never have that rationality when your eyes close. There was a strangeness to it all, like living in a parallel universe where things you thought or did weren't related to the here & now.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 21st, 2003, 06:35:09 AM
Man!! He's not giving up! He's mean!! Were her last thoughts as the flames danced about her. But it didn't burn, it was as if she were a walking fireball, the image of herself was within the flames as she hit the floor with a 'thud'. She stood, still amazed at the flames that seemed to dance around her, but not burn her. She took a step forward, the flames went with her.

Quay'Na smiled as she took another step towards the Lost master. She held out her hand and a sword appeared out of nowhere, it on fire as well.

"Aaauuuggghhhh!!!" She charged him, leaving small burning fires with every footfall. When she was near enough, she swung the fiery sword aiming for his mid-section. Wanting to slice him in two. Swinging, with everything in her.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 22nd, 2003, 04:54:16 AM
He stood his ground, dropping the hammer remains and grasping his own sword with both hands, waiting. He set his weight on the back foot, lifted the deadly steel blade and waited for the brief half second that it took for the charging Quay to cross to him. He timed his step in, then swung his sword to meet the flashing blade, stepping inside it's arc. The blades collided with a ringing crash.

The Master was now inside her swing, close enough to twist his wrists and make the sword alomst dance through the air in a counter strike that would leave someone else with their head cut off. But her momentum would count that out, so he simply raised his sword hilt and smashed her in the face with the fist encircling it.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 24th, 2003, 04:08:36 PM
Poof!

Quay'Na's body disappeared into a puff of smoke, before the master could make any contact with her face. The smoke rose up to the ceiling and disapated.

"I will not fight you, Master Elessar." Quay's voice came out of nowhere, but seemed everywhere as it echoed off every wall.

"I am nothing but a Padawan and had we been in the living...I'd been dead long ago." She felt her own failure already, he'd never take her as his Padawan, he wanted her dead. So, be it.

"My skills are no match for the ones of a Lost Master, Master Elessar." She reappeared before him and looked right into his eyes. "If you wish me dead, than so be it." She tossed both her sword and lightsabre aside, then fell to her knees. "I give you my oath of honor to study by you side. I can only learn the best if I'm taught by the best and I consider you the best, Master Elessar." She closed her eyes awaiting the killing blow.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2004, 04:44:44 AM
"You can't die here. This is a dream or a nightmare. I strike you down, you wake up, where ever that is."

His sword came up in a salute, held there as his stare bored in.

"I have trained many, young one. Most have become Jedi Masters and many more have sought me out to be refused. No word you can say will convince me you are worth my time - Words mean nothing. Others come with promises like yours. Why should I listen to them? Prove you are worthy, if you speak what you will do. Prove it by your actions."

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:43:03 PM
"Then, my actions will speak for me, Master Elessar." Quay'Na answered as she stood. "You shall come to see that in time." She bowed to him in respect, waiting to hear what he'd say.