PDA

View Full Version : Ships Fall: Information

Adia Issoris
Nov 23rd, 2003, 07:43:09 PM
Click to zoom.
http://panicked.org/swf/morg/Serna-Pur-s.jpg (http://panicked.org/swf/morg/SernaPur.jpg)

Preference for participants:
Lesser characters that aren't front line. This is a chance for your alternates to shine. While this RP isn't closed, I would like to be contacted about it, since I have some political ideas for the planet.

Theoretical Basis:
I've always assumed that a mis-jump was one of the minor worries of anyone travelling galatically in the SW universe. After all, the computers have become pretty good at accounting for gravitational mass (which ties to hyperspace, somehow) and mis jumps are pretty rare. But we do they happen.

Bad calculation, rotten star chart, early jump. Something. Less than one in a million odds, but it happens now and again, I'm sure.

There is a series of solar systems in the nebula.

Now, theoretically, since hyperspace does seem to be tied to gravity, certain stellar events could very well affect somethings mass shadow. Especially a nebulae based event with several solar systems and planets aliging. I'm assuming you could create a false mass shadow using charged gasses excited during such an alignment.

The solar systems and planets align in a nebula that make a fake mass shadow. The nebula in question has a habitable planet. You'd be forced to crash land because you'd have no idea where you were. The other thing could be the mass of electrical activity of some sort across the gravity line, which would damage a ship before it could jump, basically like an organic ion cannon.

I'm also assuming this happens every thirty years or so.

Since a fair amount of the galaxy has been space borne for over 7000 years, that could mean quite an eletic mix of people stranded on a planet.

----
Cities:
Astronomer's Watch: City of Astronmers, defended by turbolasers salvaged from a mostly intact dreadnaught. Occupies a mountain with the same namesake. Serna Pur's technological center.

Essannum: Essannum is the breadbasket of of Raggara Bay. Volcanic ash has made the costal plain rich, and well rotated fields have kept them that way. "A sneeze and a seed is all you need to start a field."

Et'Un'Wen: This marshy city situated in the Ka'Ja'Ren river delta is controlled by Hutts and has been for over a thousand years. Et'Un'Wen smells offensive. Et'Un'Wen is offensive. A home to depraved beings and slaves, the population still reaches almost two million. Polluted and dirty, many walls slice through the city, restricting the flow of people an minimizing frequent slave revolts.

Galewarden: Galewarden is a fortress city established to prevent marauders from crossing The Green Gap, the safest and fastest route throug the Galewind Range, which joins the Gnarled Reaches and the Sea's Teeth. Galewarden maintains a very strong warrior tradition.

Irgden's Mooring: Originally contructed merely as an outpost to guard the mouth of Raggara Bay, the Mooring has grown well beyond its original purpose, and rivals Wer Kith in size, although it lacks the manufacturing resources.

Juruffor: The city-state of Juruffor fell three hundred years ago and is now closed city controlled by dictator Zig the Imp. Taxes, slave trade, and the fertile outlying lands keep it alive.

Nar Kith: The far eastern port of Nar Kith is best known for its ocean-going fishing fleet and aquaculture. Quareen make up almost half of the population, and most live underwater in the deep bay.

Vun Doruth: Situated in rolling hills covered in forest, Vun Doruth is a small republic that is best known for it's harmonius agriculture and gem mining. A quarter of the population is Ithorian.

Wer Kith: Wer Kith was once the dominate port in Raggara Bay, with trade flowing between Juruffor, Galewarden and Yun's Flat. Since the fall of Juruffor, Wer Kith has stagnated somewhat while Irdgen's Mooring has grown. Wer Kith's shipyard is the most advanced and most efficient.

Xernophia: Meeting and rally point of the free tribes of the Galewind Plains and the Ookery mountain clans. Neither the Imp nor the Hutts have sent an army against the home of the Tribes in eighty years. The city is mostly abandoned except during meets every five years.

Yun's Flat: Yun's flat is a massive, high elevation (1500 meters) platau with a large lake in the middle. Temporate rainforest rings the lake, which is primarily used for various forms of freshwater aquaculture. Mining outposts have been established around the rim of the Flat, and the forges of the flat make the best steel on Serna Pur.

Zinniru: Zinniru is an overgrown fishing village. Harsh winters have kept the population from growing too large, but they are softened somewhat by Lake Kunley, even if it means more lake effect snow. Most Zinniru are proud of their snow. While most of the southerners think them a bit odd, the Zinniru's goods are worth as much as anyone else's.

Geography

Arrinor Forest: This dark, thick forest isn't often explored by civiliazation. Strange, intelligent inscects are said to occupy them. Compasses don't seem to work, either, so only the outlying parts have been explored or mapped.

Galewind Plains: The Galewind Plains are occupied by several tribes that hunt the various roaming beasts. A steady 20 kilometer wind makes for sparse, leaning forests.

Gnarled Reaches, The: These mountains are newer and rich in minerals. Various mining settlements are dotted through them. The higher peaks are always snowed.

Kunley (lake): This large lake south of the artic icecap makes Zinniru livable. Cold and deep, it keeps the winters from being too extreme.

Ookery Mountains: The highest mountains on Serna Pur, no one has attempted to cross them since the Hutts took Et'Un'Wen. It is said that the mountain clans allied with the Galewind Plains tribes sometimes do, but they aren't advertising it.

Raggara Bay: Surrounded on three sides by mountains, they bay is rich and deep.

Sea's Teeth Mountains: Mountains that form Raggara bay, the sea keeps the highest mountains from frosting.

Storm Coast, The: The Storm Coast's name is not a joke. In the summer, it is pounded by monsoons. In the winter, it is pounded by winter storms. Sparsely populated by only the most hardy or desperate. Mostly swamp or marsh, its not very inhabitable anyway.

Wastes, The Dead, stony and hot. No one willingly enters this region. No water flows through, and there is scant vegitation.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:23:05 PM
I love the idea of this RP. In case I hadn't told you already. :):thumbup

Serena Laran
Dec 1st, 2003, 12:29:21 PM
I hope my crashing post is okay...I was hoping you'd get to yours first, but I had less to write about my trip.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 21st, 2003, 12:12:47 PM
-bump- Where is Mirko?

:(

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 21st, 2003, 02:02:00 PM
*thinks Mirko has been busy this week :\

Estelle Russard
Dec 21st, 2003, 09:17:09 PM
sorry - Ive been too busy, and when Im not busy, Im too tired.

...you've all heard it before, I know. Ill try to get some posting done tonight. Then Im back to "too busy" for a while.

sowwy chaps

ps) dont wait for Mirko...he'll squeegee his way into the story if he's left behind, no worries.

Hunk
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:53:08 PM
THat really is an amazing rp idea. Kudos to you, sir.

Adia Issoris
Dec 22nd, 2003, 10:41:40 PM
Originally posted by Hunk
THat really is an amazing rp idea. Kudos to you, sir. Thank you. :)
I was going to post tonight but my friend called and told me to go see RoTK. Its pretty close to midnight right now and I have a lot of running about tommorow, but I'll find time to post.

Serena Laran
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:15:46 PM
Question - Where exactly is everyone else at? :p Serena crashed in the swamp near Et'Un'Wen, but I could have them head for the Hutt city and the coast, or up to the mountains and Galewarden.

And of course I could have them attacked by slavers, but that seems to be a bit common. :)

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 21st, 2004, 05:06:50 PM
Me and Cresent are in the woods running from bugs. Anything special in there?

Sanis Prent
Jan 21st, 2004, 05:18:47 PM
I will post to this tonight. Sorry I've been lagging behind. I'm still crashing :p

Morgan Evanar
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:21:13 PM
We're not all hitting the fan at the same time. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:35:05 PM
Yeah, I've been on planet for...about 7 hours, and Adia has been on planet for overnight. Nasseera (sp?) has been there for three days.

Hope my post yesterday works ^_^;

Morgan Evanar
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:37:10 AM
Bump for posting goodness.

DarthHERA
May 16th, 2004, 12:44:11 AM
who's up next?

Morgan Evanar
May 16th, 2004, 01:45:53 PM
I just don't know anymore. I'm guessing it might be my turn. I have a big post planned but can't get my head into it. Its frustrating.

Dan the Man
May 16th, 2004, 10:03:39 PM
Its Daiq's fault! :)

I've been waiting on her for about 2 months :mneh

Arya Ravenwing
May 17th, 2004, 12:43:53 AM
I bumped it to the first page for all y'all.

Travis North
May 17th, 2004, 05:19:49 AM
Vhiran isn't on anymore so I guess I'll have to get us both out of this.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
May 17th, 2004, 10:59:45 PM
Originally posted by Dan the Man
Its Daiq's fault! :)

I've been waiting on her for about 2 months :mneh

:cry

Tis true....its all my fault...spank me NOW >D

Dan the Man
May 17th, 2004, 11:02:06 PM
:spank

That seemed all too easy :cool

DarthHERA