PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion [Open]

Salemn Lysce
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:45:53 PM
It had been months since the rescue of Salemn Lysce, but it felt like years to the Jedi Knight. She had refused to communicate with anyone, including James and Dasquian, and locked herself up in her room. During this time she had grown weak and feeble, her mental and physical strength dwindling away to nothing. She had become a ghost of her former self, reflecting the person she used to be.

But perhaps it was time to take a breather. She needed to get away from the hallucinations her mind projected, to escape from the nightmares she lived every day. So now, here she was.

Sitting at the bar, Salemn ordered a glass of water. While waiting for her order, she turned her head and let her brown eyes glance over the inhabitants. Nobody she knew - or remembered - was there, and sighing, returned her gaze towards the barkeep.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:15:45 PM
“Salemn?”

Dasquian had seen someone approaching the bar, and needed to double-take upon looking at her. He had been sure it was someone, someone he had not seen in an age, but he couldn’t be entirely sure until he spoke to her – and now here he was, stood behind her, with a look of distinct shock on his face. Salemn Lysce had all but dissapeared off the face of the planet after he and the Padawan James Prent had found her, and now here she sat, casual, as if nothing had happened. Yet, there was something, beneath the surface, that Dasquian could sense... something not qutie right.

Salemn Lysce
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:11:12 AM
Upon hearing her name muttered with distinct shock, she turned around and faced the fair haired man. His face didn't register at first, causing her to tilt her head in question, when suddenly she remembered. Dasquian, yes - the Jedi who helped rescue her.

"It's been ... such a long time."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:49:21 AM
Still, there was an air of casualty about SAlemn, a sense that she wasn’t fully aware of herself or what was around her. Sitting himself down on the stool beside hers, Dasquian took a long look into her eyes – they seemed empty.

“Where have you been?”

Salemn Lysce
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:34:26 PM
"In my room. I'm safe there."

She could sense him studying her, as if trying to put a finger on what was amiss, but ignored this. Instead Salemn turned away, facing the barkeep as he handed her the glass of water. Placing the cup to her lips, she let the cool liquid run down her parched throat before setting it on the counter.

"How is James ?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 25th, 2003, 03:14:16 AM
“Showing a great deal of patience, considering the circumstances.”

A little spite had slipped into his words, and he quickly tried to patch this over.

“She’s fine, Salemn – but we’ve all been worried about you, wondering where you were, when you’d come back…”

Salemn Lysce
Dec 4th, 2003, 11:51:04 AM
She flinched, the words biting at her.

"It frightens me. The fact that I was captured so easily, along with Lillian ... Oh god, Lillian !"

She had forgotten about her until this very moment and her eyes widened. The girl was perhaps the most fragile and weak padawan the Order had ever seen, but was so gifted ... Was she even still here ?

"I'm sorry, Dasquian. My thoughts are still jumbled and I can't think clearly."

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:33:34 PM
"Lillian is fine… you forfeited your right to shoulder her burden a long time ago, Salemn."

Dasquian frowned, very faintly.

"Perhaps you should take time away from the Order. If you are in such as state as you describe, you are in no fit mind for training others."

Salemn Lysce
Dec 23rd, 2003, 08:29:42 PM
"No. I have been selfish and unconsiderate of my padawans, and I need to get over this. As a Jedi it's my duty to take initiative instead of waiting for things to pass."

And at once, life sparked back into her. Dasquian's words had awoken the old Salemn and she seemed to be herself again - somewhat.

"So let's move on ... How have you been ?"