PDA

View Full Version : Scrumble

James Prent
Nov 22nd, 2003, 03:19:23 PM
James sat in a booth, feet up on the opposite bench, a glass of murky liquid sitting in front of her. It had been described as 'mostly apples,' and it looked like a type of apple cider, although it was served at room temperature.

The padawan sniffed the liquid, and then gingerly tasted it.

Rognan Dar
Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:22:32 PM
A figure dressed in all white jedi garments walked into the Bar. He didn't carry any weapons when he came here. There was no need. And it saved time at the door.

As he entered he headed toward his normal spot where he just sits and reads. But some other person caught his eye. He strained his eye to look over the distance of the bar to see someone who he had met resently. He headed over to her.

"Hello there, James." He eyed the drink suspiciously. "What is that?"

James Prent
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:17:48 PM
"Yow!" Her eyebrows shot up as Rognan sat across from her. "This has qui' a kick!" Eyebrows knitted in slight confusion. "Quite. Quite a kick." James took a longer swig, and then pushed it over to Rognan.

"It's call'd *scrumble. Made of apples." Mostly.

*Scrumble is the invention of Terry Pratchett ;)

Agden Ithrin
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:23:15 AM
Brow knitted, Agden stared – perhaps unnervingly – at James. What had she just said? Scuffle? Mumble? Tumble? He had been quite happily reading the days news when he had caught part of the Padawan’s words. Being that he was not familiar with what she was drinking, and couldn’t decipher what she had said through lip-reading, he decided to go approach and find out.

“What’s that yer drinkin?” he asked, as he joined the pair of apprentices, watching James’ lips carefully.

Vista Alor
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:32:00 PM
Vista, a young girl, had tagged along with Rognan as he entered the B&G. The guards thought that she was with him so they didn't bother to search her, though they did a quick scan of both just to make sure that they didn't have any weapons. Unknown to Rognan, he had caught this girls attention earlier and she had decided to 'adopt' him as her Father.

She is obviously not fully human. This is because she's got a few little horns going up the center of her forehead.

She hesitates for a moment as Rognan stops to talk to somebody else and then another person joins him and the lady he's talking to. Taking a deep breath, she runs over to Rognan and slips her hand into his hand.

"Hi Dad. Who you talking to?"

Rognan Dar
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:27:27 PM
"Are you sure that you should be drinking something like...that," he said and pointed. Not thinking of getting any loser then that of his outstretched finger. "Alcohal is never something thats going to help."

Then Agden came to his right and spoke to James. It must be the night were everyone watches James get 'totally drunk' night. To his surprise, he felt a little hand move into his left and at his side. Without moving any other body parts besides his head, he looked down to the little girl. He could tell that she was no human. And frankly...couldn't tell what she was. Kneeling down next to her, he asked in a calm and polite voice.

"Well, hello. Are you be chance lost your parents?" He left out the fact that she called him 'Dad.' Maybe she just lost track of her father, he thought.

Vista Alor
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:21:32 AM
"No Dad, I'm not lost."

Vista then hugs Rognan.

"Mom said you wouldn't recongnise me since you don't even know I exist but she always talked fondly of the night you two had together."

Vista continues to hug Rognan, a huge smile on her face as if she has finally met her long lost Father.

Rognan Dar
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:59:27 PM
"What? Who? When?...what?" Rognan's brow was wrinkled in confused thinking. All this new information that he had not the lest idea of.

"I'm afriad you must be mistaken," he said trying to be as nice about it as possible. "But I have never...been...with a woman before. Gosh, I'm only eighteen. There is no way that I did something like then when I was...what...thirteen? How old are you?"

Vista Alor
Nov 24th, 2003, 03:31:36 PM
Vista's lower lip starts to tremble when Rognan says that she must be mistaken. Tears spring to her eyes and a couple start to roll down her cheeks.

"It has to be you. Mommy showed me a picture of you. You look younger in the picture, but it has to be you. It has to be."

Vista wipes the tears from her eyes which are immediatly replaced by more tears as she looks at Rognan, her lower lip still trembling.

Agden Ithrin
Nov 24th, 2003, 03:37:29 PM
OOC: could you possibly wait for James to post?? :|

James Prent
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:08:43 PM
ooc: thanks for hijacking my thread guys good job :| /ic:

James ignored the mini reunion between what appeared to be father and daughter, and focused on the grey-skinned newcomer. "Srumble. Scrumble! I'm drinking scrumble...made of apples." She swirled her next mouthful around in her mouth a bit before swallowing. "It's pretty gooood."

It made her feel all warm and cozy inside. Perhaps it was a good time for a song?

Taataani Meorrrei
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:48:17 PM
"Sssoundsss good, jI thjink jI'll have one!"

Taataani spoke to nobody in particular, making her way to the bar, intent on trying this peculiar drink. As the loud brunette turned around, the felinoid gasped, making a suprised little "o" with her mouth.

"jYou!"

Sin Vamel
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:53:34 PM
"Scrumble? Now there's a drink for lightweights." Came a voice, ringing clear from the table just outside the booth. Sin was slouched in his chair comfortably, a short stim in one hand and a pint of ale in the other. He smiled at James, and plonked his glass down then took a drag of his cigarette and blew a pale blue smoke into the air above him.

"I'm new here. Do you mind if I join you?"

Agden Ithrin
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:57:36 AM
Agden quirked a brow. First at the somewhat tipsy response, than at the exclamation from the feline. He had to look away when he spotted the stim in Sin’s hand, and reminded himself that he was cold-turkey, as someone had once said.

“Go ‘head, mate. Ev’ryone’s welcome… m’Agden, and this is…”

Vista Alor
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:54:01 PM
OOC: I'm so sorry James. I'll do my best to keep from posting quickly here.

IC:
Vista, while her lower lip is still trembling asks again

"Who are you talking to Dad?"

Vista looks at James and the others, hoping to get an introduction.

"And what's scrumble?"

James Prent
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:36:11 PM
James ducked behind the standing grey alien, hoping that Taa didn't get a good second look at her. A handsome man sat across from her, in the spot Rognan had vacated, and she smiled at him. "Sure, th'more th'merrier! An' my name is James."

She stuck her hand out towards the newcomer and nearly knocked over her glass of scrumble.

Rognan Dar
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:13:39 PM
Rognan took the girl and walked over to his normal spot so that they could have a private conversation. (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33271)

Sin Vamel
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:54:57 AM
"Woah! Easy there." Sin said as he quickly righted James' glass on the table. He made a quirk of a smile which angled the stim at the corner of his mouth upwards. He noticed the Zabrak's look and took James' hand, giving it a firm shake. "And I'm Sin. Nice to meet you both."

He slumped down lazily into his seat and threw back a swig of ale. He sighed, putting his pint glass on the table. "I tell you what, I could get used to this place. Want a drag? This is the good dren."

He offered his stub of a stim to Agden and looked across to James, he studied her for a moment. "I recognise you, you're from the Jedi Order, right? So what, are you both Jedi or something?"

All the while, Sin made an effort to not make eye contact with the feline, she looked severely naffed off.

Agden Ithrin
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:07:57 AM
Agden was beginning to believe that, despite what Sin had said, scrumble was not for lightweights.

“Yeah. Pad’wans. You too?”

It was best to not even think about that stim, he decided, and just gave a vague little shake of his head. If this man was a Jedi, the Zabrak would have been very surprised.

James Prent
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:49:43 PM
She shook his hand firmly, and tried not to look longingly at the stimcig that he offered the Zabrak. I'm quitting, remember?

Ah, frell it, one a day isn't bad. James casually nicked the stim from between Sin's offering fingers, and took a drag off it.

Taataani Meorrrei
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:39:17 PM
"Aaia'gaee'na'issa'nai'rraurra'teeinarra!"

Taa fumed in her native tongue, waving the offensive smoke away from her in such an obnoxious manner to make it known to all parties that she was offended by it.

She paused, and sneezed, catching her glasses before they could fly off her nose.

"Oh, whjy jisss jit alwajysss jyou! jYou rrrujin everrrjythjing!"

Sin Vamel
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:20:21 PM
"I've just been brought onboard. I'm not a pada-- whassit called? Padawan? Ok. I'm not one of those yet, I don't have a master or anything, just a matter of-- hey!"

Sin laughed as James practically launched herself at his cigarette, he watched her inhale and he couldn't help but cringe to think what would be the product of mixing Scrumble with True Blue. True Blue is an illegal tobacco derived from Glitteryll and laced with a mild halucinogen; fortunately it was almost identical in scent to regular tobacco and the colour of the smoke is common amongst other legal tobacco products. Not that it mattered to the feisty feline now raging at their table.

"Look lady, would you calm down?" He said with mild irritation, looking up at Taataani. Now with his stim safe in his grasp, he sucked on it and making sure to send a nice cloud of smoke her way, he added. "Why don't you sit down? Get a drink? Get a smoke or get...laid, I don't know."

He mumbled the last bit, turning back to face James. He gave her a reassuring wink but it didn't look like she needed it.

James Prent
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:43:59 AM
James flushed easily at Taa's accusation, and then pointedly replied, "I don't recall invitin' you to my table." She pointed with the stim between two fingers, and then looked down to see it had been repossessed by it's owner. The padawan focused carefully on Sin's face, and smiled, ignoring Taa. "Unfortunately there seems t'be a shortage of masters here at the Order. Always people floatin' around with no masters."

She frowned a bit at the repetative nature of her sentances, and then looked at the Zabrak. "What about you? Gotta master?" Was it hot in here? James stared over the alien's shoulder at the wall, watching it wobble a bit. That was worrying...wasn't it? Why wasn't that worrying?

Taataani Meorrrei
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:11:35 AM
Taa stood motionless, so furious, insensed, and humiliated by the rude treatment she was getting. Her ears laid flush against the sides of her head.

Agden Ithrin
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:01:39 PM
"Did 'ave. She left," he replied quickly, looking between the group and the flustered, hot-tempered woman. Somehow, he didn't imagine that Sin's words had done much good for keeping her calm. Feeling almost obligated to make some sort of peace in the feud, Agden looked up at Taa and stammered:

"If yer want some company, I'd be glad t'join y'."

Taataani Meorrrei
Dec 20th, 2003, 12:25:26 PM
Taa looked to Agden, whose invitation managed to take the critical mass off her temper. Her ears slowly swiveled forward, and she nodded her head.