PDA

View Full Version : A Little Practice Before Breakfast (Rognan Dar)

James Prent
Nov 22nd, 2003, 03:15:29 PM
James Prent stretched out in the middle of a practice room. There was a mirrored wall to allow beginning students to check their form, and a row of lockers formed another wall. She was cooling down from her morning run, her loose beige pants and tunic were slightly sweaty from here exertions.

Closing her eyes, James felt the flow of the Force around her. And... "Hello." She opened her eyes and turned around, facing a darker skinned man who was leaning against the doorway. "Am I in your room? I didn't see that it was to be used this morning." She drew herself up to her full height, still finding herself about a foot shorter than him.

Rognan Dar
Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:13:59 PM
Rognan was on his morning jogging program when he entered the training grounds. He was just going to jog through it, thinking that no one was there. But as he was running, he felt another presence. He went to investigate and found another padawan inside a room. He entered the room and the person said something. Since there was no one else in the room, he replied.

"Er...no, this isn't my room. I was just passing by, and noticed that you were here."

James Prent
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:12:50 PM
"Ah...okay." She took a few steps forward and stuck her hand out. "M'name's James. Have you been here at the Order long? I don't think I've ever seen you around before."

Rognan Dar
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:16:33 PM
Rognan also streached out his hand and took James's hand in his.

"My name is Rognan Dar. You can just call me Rog though. Everyone else does." He said as he took his hand away and replyed to her question. "I've been here for a good amount of time now. I seem to lose track of the days at times. But the closes I can round it to would be about...oh, over a year now."

James Prent
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:26:08 AM
She nodded, "Pleased t'meet ya, Rog. I've been here about the same amount of time." James shook his hand, and then retreated, grabbing up a towel and making sure there was no residual sweat on her forehead.

"Wanna do a little sparring before breakfast? I'm trying to sharpen my combat skills, and so going against people I don't know is good practice for me. Keeps me learning how to respond when I don't know what's gonna happen next, y'know?" She feinted a few boxing moves, and then grinned, standing up straight and waiting to see if he'd join her in the middle of the room.

Rognan Dar
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:35:03 PM
"Well, uh...sure! I haven't brought my sabre with me, though. I could run back and get it if you can wait."

Rognan was only wearing running shorts and a tanktop. This would be a new site for the people that knew him.

James Prent
Nov 28th, 2003, 07:28:26 PM
"Ah, well, I don't have a lightsaber at the moment either. How about a little hand-to-hand?" James stood quietly in her Jedi tunic and linen pants.

Rognan Dar
Nov 29th, 2003, 03:56:45 PM
Rognan waged his odds. He was not a skilled fighter. Not in the lest bit. He was juts starting to get the hang of his lightsabre. But then he realized that he could use all the practice and training he could find.

"Well, alright. But just let me tell you...I'm...not that great at fighting. Especially since you are of the female persuasion." He added uneasily.

James Prent
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:56:13 PM
She laughed, "Well, don't hold that against me." James sized him up, and shook her head. "You've got a good ten inches on me, if not more. Let's just see how this works out."

The diminutive padawan moved around the mat a bit, waiting for him. "I'm trying to get better at countering, so do you mind making the first move?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 1st, 2003, 05:29:12 PM
"Uh...yeah, sure. Why not?"

Rognan stretched out his arms and the rest of his body. He took his running shoes off and stepped onto the mat. He then readied himself for attacking, not something that he often did.

Having little experience in hand fighting he fekt very lame holding his hands up infront of him. He scaled the female and began his watching. It would have been nice if she started but, oh well.

Rognan started off with his right leg doing a low kick to James' shin.

James Prent
Dec 4th, 2003, 09:16:53 PM
James sensed his movement before he kicked, and brought her foot up, trying to counter his attack. Instead of kicking his foot down to the ground, she only tangled her foot in his and ended up on her rear end on the mat.

"Ack! Dammit." She cursed, and then as Rognan started to look concerned she reached out and pulled his foot towards her, throwing him off balance.

Rognan Dar
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:05:27 PM
Rognan fell backwards. Landing, of course, on his back. He tried, then, to kick her while on his back but she was out of his reach. He then rolled backwards and got back to his feet.

James Prent
Dec 8th, 2003, 07:23:30 PM
She had scrambled to her feet as he fell backwards, and as Rognan stood up James punched her hand to his chest, catching him a glancing blow that stung, but didn't really hurt. She followed that up with a hooked foot around his ankle, trying to send him back to the ground.

Rognan Dar
Dec 9th, 2003, 06:50:42 PM
Wow, she's fast, he thought to himself.

The punch to Rognan's chest not hurt as bad as he thought that it would. And as it hit, his head was looking downward, mostly from the blow. With his head already looking at the ground, he could see James's foot trying to rap around his. Picking that foot up, he then kicks hard at the other leg.

James Prent
Dec 16th, 2003, 06:18:15 PM
James stumbled as his kick connected to her planted leg. She regained her footing without falling, and circled around him a bit, grinning. "That was fun. Ready for some more?"

She faked two short jabs that fell short of him, and bounced around a bit like a shockboxer. "I can make the first move this time if you want."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:39:20 PM
"How about we just let things happen on their own, hmm?" He said winking at her.

He moves into what might look like a attacking position and waits.

James Prent
Dec 18th, 2003, 09:00:03 PM
James shrugged and grinned some more, stepping closer quickly. She kicked out at him, trying to catch him in the stomach with her foot.

Rognan Dar
Dec 20th, 2003, 04:39:10 PM
Rognan sidestepped and grabbed her foot. Then he pulled it out more and dropped it, James now being closer he lashed out for her arm and forced it behind her back.

James Prent
Dec 24th, 2003, 03:05:42 PM
She squeaked, and found herself facing away from him, her arm up behind her back. "Ow! Okay...well how do I get out of this one?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 25th, 2003, 02:36:57 PM
"Your asking me?"

Rognan, feeling that he might have the advantage and, therefore, won this match, let go of her and stepped back, just incase she might try something.

"Come. Again."