PDA

View Full Version : A Captain needs a crew (open)

Karkoon
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:52:17 PM
Ragnarok sat in a dark corner of the B&G looking around at the people who entered, He had promised himself that he would never return to this planet but he did

Now he was the captian of the Shadow Lance and in need of a crew to man it, He had a few pilot droids that had helped him so far but they didn't help as much as a real person would.

Rum Dinger
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:54:49 PM
Rum was, as per usual, sitting drinking away in the Bar and Grill. He’d placed a lucky bet on a ‘ball game and was now happily wasting away his winnings on toilet duck and curry. It was a pretty busy day, however, and he couldn’t find anywhere to sit down and eat! Groaning, he looked around and happily spotted a space in one of the bar’s shadier corners.

“Alright, mate,” he said with a grin as he sat down at the odd looking figure.

“Don’t mind if I sit down, do ye?”

Karkoon
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:37:17 PM
Rag looked at the man "No, I do not mind" He said in his robotic voice "my name is Ragnarok."

Rum Dinger
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:07:36 AM
“I’m Rum,” the man said, in a thick accent of some kind.

“Some weird lookin armor you’ve got on there, mate. Expensive?”

Karkoon
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:31:02 PM
Rag looked down at his armor plateing "yes, very exensive" He said as he looked up at Rum "and what do you do for a living Mr. Rum?"

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:18:07 PM
Ace walked into the Bar and Grill his heavy combat boots clunking as they hit the ground. One fo the guards stopped him at the door.

"Weapons?"

Ace looked at the guard with an unhappy look. He handed over his heavy blaster rifle, two smaller blasters, and a large cutting knife.

"I think that's it," Ace said stepping forward. The guard put a hand across Ace's chest.

"Oh man ..."

Ace pulled out an extendable sniper rifle he had hidden and a small blaster hidden at his ankle.

"Happy?"

The guard nodded waving him in.

Ace hit the bar but couldn't find a spot on this busy night. He searched the bar high and low for a spot and found one with a man and some robotic guy sitting around.

"Mind if I join ya', gents?" Ace inquired in his gravelly voice.

Karkoon
Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:05:15 PM
Rag looked up at Ace with his robotic eyes "do join us sir" He said motioning with his hand toward an empty chair "My name is Ragnarok and this man is Mr. Rum."

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:38:23 AM
"Pleasure to meet your Ragnarok," Ace said extending his red paw of hand. "The name's Ace Shipbuster, expert gunner and sharp-shooter."

Ace to turned to the man.

"Rum? I've seen you around here before. You're the one who likes the Toilet Duck, right? Not bad stuff to the taste if you can stomach it. Good to meet ya', lad."

Rum Dinger
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:26:43 AM
Rum grinned.

"Right," he said, "and to answer yer previous question, mate, I'm a pilot. Well, when I'm not a drunkard!"

Karkoon
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:42:30 PM
If Rag could laugh he would have "it sounds like you both have interesting careers" He said as he looked from man to the other man as he thought in the privacy of his own mind.

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:49:28 AM
"Gunnin' ain't a career, more like a pastime. Ya' know, for s**ts and giggles. But I'm damn good at it."

Ace paused for just a moment to take a drag from a cigar he pulled from his long jacket.

"So Mr. Ragnarok, what do you do for a living?" he asked blowing a cloud of smoke into the air.

Rum Dinger
Dec 6th, 2003, 04:47:51 AM
"Something dangerous by the looks of it, eh?" Rum laughed, nodding at the armor plating Ragnarok wore.

Karkoon
Dec 6th, 2003, 03:12:45 PM
"I don't really do anything at the moment. I recently bacame captain of a ship and I am looking for a crew to help me man it" Rag said as he sat back in his seat and rested his hands on the table.

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:54:03 PM
Ace chuckled at Rum's comment about Rag's armor.

"Need a crew, eh?"

He raised an eyebrow, as he puffed on his cigar.

"Need a gunner? I'd be happy to join up. I need to get offa' this rock anyway. Hey, I'm low maintenance too!"

Ace offered the robotic man a smirk as he put out his cigar.

Dan-Luke
Dec 10th, 2003, 04:27:51 AM
It had been days since Dan-Luke had been in the Jedi bar, but he had liked it, so he returned.

It was busy, but his instincts led him to a table with two guys and a robot? It was a strange feeling, but he went anyway. "Excuse me, do you mind if I have a seat."

Karkoon
Dec 11th, 2003, 05:19:39 PM
Rag nodded his head "I do not have a gunner" He said to Ace "with you as Gunner and me as Pilot we just need a few more people to join up"

He looked up at Dan-Luke "please join us sir" He motioned to a free chair "I am Ragnarok and this is Rum and Ace" He said as he pointed to each man.

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 11th, 2003, 05:42:17 PM
Ace looked up at the newcomer and gave him a welcoming nod.

"So, yeah, great. You got yourself a gunner, Mr. Ragnarok."

The Zabrak smiled widely as he lit up another cigar.

Dan-Luke
Dec 11th, 2003, 05:51:01 PM
Dan-Luke turned around a chair and sat down. "Dan-Luke Cortez at your service. Good evening, gentlemen. I couldn't help but to overhear you are looking for some people to man a ship? I'm your new mate, I served in the Republic Army 12 years ago as a navigational engineer."

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 12th, 2003, 11:33:19 AM
"Republic Army, ya' say? Nice fat paycheck from them, eh? Beats stocking cargo ships, I imagine."

Ace puffed on his cigar. It wasn't that he hated his job, it's just it didn't really do much more than pay the bills. He had to work as a bouncer at a seedy bar at nights to make spending cash, which he squandered on expensive cigars and guns.

"So, Ragnarok, how big is your ship, anyway?"

Karkoon
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:18:01 PM
"Its a skipray Blastboat. its twenty five meters long" Rag said as he looked from Dan-luke to Ace "its heavily armored, has a hiperdrive, holds a crew of five. A pilot, a co-pilot, a sensor officer, and two gunners but we should only need one" He nodded to Ace with his head "its has a heavy array of weapon systems. three capital ship ion cannons, a proton-torpedo launcher, two laser cannons, a concussion-missile launcher."

Rag was very proud of the ship He had "I call it the Shadow Lance" He would have smiled exept that he was unable to "with me has pilot and Dan-luke as sensor officer and Ace as gunner We almost have all we need" He turned to Rum "do you want to join up as Co-pilot Rum?"

Ace Shipbuster
Dec 19th, 2003, 01:17:33 PM
"Sounds nice, real nice ..." Ace said trailing off. He thought about all the weaponry.

"Nice toys on board too."

Karkoon
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:01:10 AM
Rag nodded "oh yes, plenty of things to keep you happy" He rag had a mouth he would have grined after saying that "I spend my extra money buying all sorts if 'needed' equipment."

Ace Shipbuster
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:28:53 PM
"Well then, it seems like money well spent, my friend," Ace smiled warmly at Ragnarok.

"I'd like to see your ship whenever we get the chance. I always like to take a peek at new toys. Helps me get used to 'em quicker."

He looked at the robotic man, "So, uh, do you drink? Can you drink?"

Karkoon
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:26:19 PM
Rag shook his head "No, I do not consume food or drink and if you want to see the ship I can take you too it."

Ace Shipbuster
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:33:18 PM
"Whenever is convenient for you, Captain. I was going to offer to buy you a drink to celebrate, Ragnarok, but I guess that's outta the question," Ace said laughing.

Karkoon
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:00:02 PM
"Well if I could drink I would be very grateful Ace" He said as he looked at Dan-luke "so Dan, do you still want in?"

Dan-Luke
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:07:56 PM
Dan-Luke nodded as he took a drink. "Yes, Sir. You got maps, charts or in the need of quick coordinates, I'm your man. I can figure out the shortest and most effeciant route possible. I'd like to check out all your nav-charts and uploads, if you don't mind."

Karkoon
Feb 10th, 2004, 12:31:01 PM
Rag nodded his head "I'll have to take you to my ship for that" He said to Dan-Luke "both of you should just stop by sometime."

Ace Shipbuster
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:17:23 PM
"So, ah, Ragnarok, what exactly are you? If you don't mind my asking? Are you human? droid? some other species?"

Ace's cigar was burning low so he extinguished it on the bottom of his boot and lit another.

"I don't mean to be rude. But if I'm gonna be gunnin' for you, I gotta know more about ya'. If you understand me."

Karkoon
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:40:27 PM
"I am a Combat droid built by the Jedi Padawan Tony Maxwell" Rag said answering Ace's question "I was built for protection but I've changed my ways" He said with a robotic chuckle.

Ace Shipbuster
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:55:18 PM
"I see," Ace mused.

"Good enough for me! So wait you were built for protection but now you've changed your ways? Do you kill now?!?!" he inquired.

Karkoon
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:39:54 PM
Rag sat back in his seat "If I had to kill I would. I have not yet been in a situation where I had to kill someone but" He trailed off "I have accepted that I will have to kill someone sometime."

Ace Shipbuster
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:06:25 PM
Ace nodded his understanding.

"Guy...er... droid's gotta do what a droid's gotta do, right? I've have, unfortuantely, been put in that situation. Where it was kill or be killed," Ace took a puff of his cigar, "good thing I'm a better shot."

Karkoon
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:48:43 PM
"Well then its good your on my side isnt it" He said letting out a robotic chuckle "But against me you'd need more then a good shot" He said tapping his heavy armor plated chest.

Ace Shipbuster
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:50:31 PM
"Well, I got the hardware to back up the aim, buddy. Don't you worry about that," Ace said, winking.

Dan-Luke
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:35:08 AM
Dan-Luke sat listening, his instincts often told him of a person, if he just listened. Listened to how one talked or watched how one stood or sat, even the way they drank. He was very watchful and kept a keen eye on everything.

Ace seemed a good man as did Ragnarok, er machine. It was turning out to be quite a day, quite a day indeed.

"I would agree, I'd like to see the ship as soon as I can. So, I can prepare myself with the your onboard systems."

Karkoon
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:44:08 PM
"Well if you gentleman like I could take you too the ship now, its not that far from here?"

Ace Shipbuster
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:29:41 PM
"Sure... why not. Take me to 'er. Can't wait to see all the new toys!" Ace said enthusiastically.

Dan-Luke
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:47:41 PM
"Sounds like an excellent idea." Dan-Luke nodded as he threw some credit down for the drinks.

"I'm ready, let's go."

Karkoon
Mar 25th, 2004, 10:55:00 PM
Rag stood up and picked up his Large black leather coat and sliped into it and then grabed a wide brimed hat and placed it on his head making it very hard to tell that he was a droid

"Just follow me" He said heading toward the door and out into the streets. after walking for about ten minutes they arrived at a small landing bay where Rag had left his ship

He soon led the two to one of the largest landing pads and resting on the pad was a SkipBray BlastBoat "Here we are" He said looking up at his ship "This is the Shadow Lancer" He reached into his jacker and pushed a button on a small remote and the boarding ramp lowered "Let us go aboard"

They walked into the ship, the bridge wasnt the biggest but it was big enough.. there where to seats at the front for the pilot and co-pilot. there was a the nav computer on the right and the weapon station on the left and in the middle was a ladder that led up to the mounted laser cannon controls for the gunner

"Since we don't have a co-pilot I'll be piloting the whole thing" He looked at Dan-Luke "you'll be manning the Nav computer" He paused "as for Ace, you'll be manning either the cannon or the weapon station.......or maybe both........it'd be better if we had another crew man to man one of them."

Ace Shipbuster
Mar 27th, 2004, 04:56:34 PM
Ace whistled as he boarded the ship.

"She's a beaut, Rog! Wouldn't mind cruising around in this baby."

He climbed the ladder to the cannon.

"Rockin'" he said rotating the weapon.

Karkoon
Mar 29th, 2004, 12:09:48 AM
Rag watched as Ace happily played around with the mounted Turret. He turned and look at Dan-Luke "what do you think of the ship?"

Dan-Luke
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:31:12 PM
"Excellent, Captain. The nav comp is a beaut."

Ace Shipbuster
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:59:59 PM
Ace hopped down from the laser cannon control booth.

"Nice hardware, Rag. I could definitely get used to these toys, man."

Ace looked around for a bit more... checking out the weapons station and other areas of the the ship.

"So, uh, when we gettin' off this rock?"

Karkoon
Mar 31st, 2004, 10:51:08 PM
"I hope to be off soon. I found a nice 'n easy job that we can do for a decent amount of credits and as soon as I get the rest of the info we can be off."

Ace Shipbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:45:23 PM
"Sounds good, cap'n," replied Ace, stuffing a cigar in his mouth.

He sent a couple clouds of smoke into the air as he looked around the ship.

"So, ah, Rag, where we sleep?"

Dan-Luke
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:07:14 PM
Dan-Luke nodded. "Yeah, that is a very good question."

Karkoon
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:29:59 PM
Rag nodded his head toward a door at the rear of the cockpit "there is a few bunks in there, its a small room but it will fit us all."

Ace Shipbuster
Apr 15th, 2004, 11:07:03 PM
"Oh, cool. I get the top!" Ace called out, revelling in his moment of childishness.

"So, uh, Capt'in, thanks for takin' in a bum like me."

Karkoon
Apr 28th, 2004, 10:51:14 PM
"No, I should be thanking you for joining up with me" Rag said looking around the ship "Most people would never join up under the leadership of a droid."

Ace Shipbuster
Apr 29th, 2004, 12:02:47 PM
"Hey man, I ain't got any prejudices. I've dealt with my own fair share of 'em. So I ain't got no right to hold any of my own," Ace said smiling.

"You're just trying to make your way in the galaxy just like the rest of us!"

Karkoon
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:52:05 PM
Rag nodded his head "Glad to hear it Ace" He said looking at his two new crew men "We might even be able to get another crew man for the second gunner and then we will be totaly battle ready."

Ace Shipbuster
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:17:46 PM
"Hey man, when you got me at the turret you don't need a second gunner," Ace said with his idiot-like grin.

"Nah, man, whatever you think is neccessary..."

Karkoon
May 2nd, 2004, 10:45:13 PM
"Well a man can operate the mounted laser cannon but from there he can't operate the other weapon systems on the ship."

Ace Shipbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 12:22:57 PM
Ace nodded.

"Yeah, I got ya', Rag. Two guns is better than one... right?"

Dan-Luke
May 4th, 2004, 01:25:02 PM
"I can man a weapon, but my expertise is in navigations."

Karkoon
May 6th, 2004, 09:45:26 PM
Rag nodded his head "That might work aslong as we don't get into a jam were we need two gun men and a navigator working all at once, but i should work out" He said knowing he could rely on these two men.

kyle dark
May 13th, 2004, 02:39:53 PM
*kyle walks upto this ship he sees and wonders if there looking for a wepons expert so he knocks on the hatch*

hello is anybody there? my namr is kyle dark and was wondering if any body here was looking for a wepons expert cus my last captian is now with imperial warlords and i'm now out of the job.

Karkoon
May 21st, 2004, 09:58:17 PM
He turned around "And what experience do you have Mr. Dark?" Rag asked not caring to ask how the man had found them.

kyle dark
May 26th, 2004, 10:13:54 AM
5years republic milatary, 6 years mercanary

Karkoon
May 31st, 2004, 10:21:21 PM
"Have you ever served as a weapons Officer onboard a space ship Mr. Dark?"

kyle dark
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:57:28 PM
yes i have mister rangerok

Karkoon
Jun 17th, 2004, 05:16:20 PM
Rag wondered how the man knew his name "And do you think you are good enough to be part of my crew Mr. Dark?"

Dan-Luke
Jun 27th, 2004, 09:31:08 PM
Dan-Luke listened quietly as the new guy answered several questions.