PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon and the many voices...(open)

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:17:46 PM
Why oh why does the life go like this? Ya do something that can't be helped, and people get peeved at you.
It's one of those things that half the time you can't even notice you're doing. I can tell how everyone feels about it all the time, and it's a little unnerving. But at the same time, I'm the one they ask for advice. The same one, that, oddly enough, they come to when they need their spirits lifted, or their emotions calmed when i've already angered them.

The young woman playing the tin flute, sitting on the rocks of the shore. That's her.

The tide was calm, and the sky was clear. It was on these nights that she had complete peace of mind. Jame Kaman's life was one of paradox. Being an empath, her crew depended on her, and at the same time she was a chameleon of personality and voice. Personality traits of others latch onto her own, and she doesn't even notice until someone's blowing up in her face, telling her to stop frelling mimicing them. But her abilities as an empath, and her extremely superior control of her vocal chords made her unclassifyable when it came to terms such as 'soprano' or 'bass' She could do it all. Jame is an excellent linguist. The crew gave the idea that they liked her, that she was popular amongst them, but she felt used. Not that popularity was something she wanted. She saw the way it twisted people, because they didn't know how to handle it properly. It's like abuse of power..And that's what happened to her best friend. Former best friend. She couldn't handle her popularity properly, and she abused the power she had, being at one time, the ship's executive officer. And Jame was then given the position, after Aimee Briskoll's shameful and dishonourable discharge. But tonight would be her last night. She had already handed in her resignation to the captain a few weeks back, and in the morning, she would say her farewell. For tonight, she needed her own spirits lifted.

I start a new life tomorrow, father. I don't know what i'll do, or where I'll go, but I felt it was my time to move on...I think I might seek a job at a night club, DJing...Like I used to, remember?

A gust flashed over the sea, and whipped her braid around. Jame flipped it behind her back again, and sighed. Her hair was long, and blonde. Blue eyes and her slender body seemed to disappear within the huge sweater she was wearing. Jame Kaman lifted the flute to her mouth and started playing again, with the wind that had began a few moments before...

Rognan Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:55:49 PM
It was vacation time. Time to get away from the crowds, the noise, and the Order. Time to get out into the world and have some time to oneself. Time to meet people, go places, and explore. Time to just reflect on things that mattered...

Rognan was on a vacation. At lest, he thought it was. He was beginning to feel crowded in the Jedi Order and felt that a good few days away would do him good. So he desided to go to Corellia. Not that there was alot to do or see here. But it was just a planet that had room to just be who you are. So, since he was here, he went site seeing. Not that he new any place to see, but it was a change from busy city. He went to see some museums, some architecture, and just about anything else he could find. Toward the end of his day he went to the beach to have a quiet time to himself. Reaching the shore line he heard a sound. It wasn't strange but quite familuar. Something that he had not heard in a while. So he scouted out to find this pleasing sound. Getting closer to the sound, he saw on the horizen a, from what he could tell, female. She was wearing a sweater that looked to big for her and her hair was blowing in the wind. Once he got close enough he stopped and watched the waves as he listened to the music.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:09:19 PM
The wind had been picking up and dropping speed over the past 20 mins.The music of Jame's flute carried beautifully on the wind. It was a somewhat indecisive tune, as she tried to think what she'd do with her life when she was to leave tomorrow. She'd miss the crew life, but...

But what? You're not even sure if you'll get anywhere are you? Not even sure if you'll have a remotely satisfying life now, hmm?

Jame shook off the self-critical voice that sometimes ran through her mind. It always sounded like one of the men on her now former crew. She brought the flute down from her mouth and sighed. And she was about to start playing again, adifferent tune this time, but something stopped her.

Is someone watching me?

The young woman slowly turned her head around, until suddenly, her hunch was confirmed. There was someone watching. A man. She whipped her eyes back to looking out at the sea. But yet, out of curiousity, she looked again, and smiled.

"Hail there, stranger. What brings you here?" ..As she spoke, she stood, turning to face him, her tin flute in her left hand, and her right hand gripping the other's wrist.

Rognan Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:14:25 PM
Rognan listened silently until the last note was played. He, too sighed when the song was over but for a different reason. It was a satisfied sigh, one that would relieve the body of all stress.

When he was spoken to, continued to look at the waves as the spashed on the beach. Thought he did answer, but not with his mouth. And she heard him, but not with her ears. He spoke directly into her mind.

I came to have a relaxing time at the beach before I leave. But when I heard you playing, it was just so beautiful to just walk away.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:23:15 PM
Jame blushed...profusely..

Well, my adoptive father and I lived in a community of musicians and..Well, uhh..yeah...

She smiled a quiet smile, and glanced to the sea..

I come here to think...

Rognan Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:28:18 PM
Rognan was impressed. He hand not met anyone else that was a musician or at lest lived in a community of them. He didn't know if there were many non-business players anymore.

"Names Rognan, Rognan Dar," he said aloud this time. Not knowing if telepathy made her nervous or not. "So what do you come here to think about?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:36:56 PM
She actually rather enjoyed the silence to her ears that telepathy brought. But she hadn't spoken to a non-shipbound soul since...since she was last off the ship...what seemed like ages ago. Being in the business that they were, they didn't get much leave.

But that's over now.. she thought to herself.

"Just my life, usually, and whatever else might be on my mind."

She looked at him..almost staring when she spoke. Obviously she had been hanging around gruff and scruffy men too long.

Rognan Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:41:00 PM
"I didn't imply anything. Just wonder, thats all."

He walked closer to the water and sat down on some dry sand, just out of reach of the waves.

"This is a perfect place to stop and think. I do it myself. Not here that is."

Under normal circumstances he wouldn't be talking to strange females that he didn't know. But since she was a musician and all, he thought that he might try and get over his thing with weman.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:48:39 PM
It was getting darker out. But that didn't matter. She loved the dark. It relaxed her eyes, and she had excellent night vision, so it didn't bother her.

"Mmhmm. It is. I don't think i've sat in the same place on this beach twice."

Jame gave a thoughtful smile. Hmm..what to say now...want to say now... ... Another thing about her shipmates. They didn't talk much, and liked to keep to themselves.

"You might think this creepy, but I probably know exactly how you feel. They found when I was little that i'm empathic. And well, I probably know what you're thinking too. It scares some people, and other just don't care..."

Most people don't care, Jame. You know that. ...

She shook her head. Shut up and just leave me alone.

Rognan Dar
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:54:32 PM
Rognan looked behind his shoulder to her.

"Are you really? Well, that is a surprise now isn't it."

He stood up and brushed the sand off his rearside.

"I'm sorry if this question may seem...well...not common. But what exactically is a Empath? I have hear of them but not had it explanied in detail," he asked with curiosity in his eyes.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:45:51 AM
He seemed so genuine. She could feel that his curiousity was real, and he wasn't just playing around. Jame relaxed a little bit, and rubbed the back of her neck, then crossed her arms, feeling cozy in the sweater. The breeze pushed her braid around.

"Well, being empathic means that I can sense emotions. The emotions of other people affect me, as much as my own."

She smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself."
Taking a step toward Rognan, she offered her right hand. "I'm Jame Kaman, Rognan....Dar. Umm.. Mr. Dar..."

Rognan Dar
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:29:01 PM
Rognan takes her hand in his.

"Its just Rognan. Or Rog. I don't care much for the Mr. thing. Makes me feel old."

And he wasn't. He was a young man at 18, neither physically fit or muscular. He took his hand away and stuck both his hands in his pockets.

"So, you can pick up the emotions of other people without effect? Wow, It would take me a great deal, after learning how, to do something like that."

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:34:11 AM
Jame's cheeks reddened a very light shade when he took her hand for a moment. Then she sat back down.

"Sorry... I've spent way too much time around umm.. pirates...Well, that's what my ex-crew liked to call themselves.."

She shoved her tin flute into the small bag she had with her, and folded her hands on her lap. Jame looked at Rognan, a quiet smile occupying the lower region of her face.

As for his question...

"Umm...Well...Other people's emotions do affect me in a way. And when they're really, really strong, it gets in the way, and can be debilitating. I wish I could stop that from happening somehow, but, well, it seems impossible."

You know it's impossible. You'll never amount to anything, you insignificant brat.

She held her head in her hands...Just shut up. Leave me alone. It's not my fault for what happened to you. You brought it on yourself. Get out of my head. Jame smoothed back the strands of hair..the flyaways.

Rognan Dar
Nov 22nd, 2003, 03:48:27 PM
"Pirates? Were they really pirates or just a normal ship crew?" He asked, trying to keep the conversation going. As he watched her, he could see that something was bothering her. Could it be me? he asked himself.

"Is there something wrong? You seem to be...distracted there for a moment."

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 22nd, 2003, 07:48:07 PM
Jame shook her head...

"It's just.. "

She frowned, fidgeting with her hands a bit...

"...um..it's just that ...well.. back on my ship..one of my crewmates...He was never easy on me.. I think he was afraid of my abilites...thinking I might do something to him...He was always brining me down...harshly...I've had to defend myself a few times. But now after all these years I have a criticizing voice in my head..it sounds like him..""

Rognan Dar
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:11:09 PM
Rognan's head went back in surprise.

"How can that be? Oh, right. Your empathy thing. But can't you get rid of it? Like hit a reset botton that erases all the things you want out?"

Rognan, though thinking this may be invading her privisy, started to use the Force to look inside Jame's head. He was no mind reader, but who knows? He might be able to find something.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:26:41 AM
She felt something pushing around in her head, and it startled her a little. She was wary of such invasions because...And she realized it must be...him.. And went quickly to put up a mental defense, a barrier...she had been forced to teach herself this after ..his..attacks. Then Jame saw Rog jump slightly when she put up the defenses so quickly... Then she realized, and dropped them a little..slowly, hesitantly....

Umm.. Rog..that was you?....

Jame blushed profusely...

..I'm sorry, did I shock you?...Oh jeez... I umm..

Rognan Dar
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:51:19 PM
While trying to pick up any mental waves of any kind, he felt a resistance that he didn't expect to come across.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done something like. I wont do it again. But...You have a strong mental resistance to the Force for a non-force user." As he said this, he tried working it out in his head.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:46:16 PM
She looked a little confused, and curious...

"Oh no... It's alright...it's just that, well...I prefer that you ask first...and no, I couldn't possibly be aforce user..could I?"

Rognan Dar
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:41:28 PM
"Well, its possible. The Force is in everything and everyone. Though, there are few that can use it. You might have a slight ability to use the Force and just not relize it. Like, it might be why your empathy is so strong. I can't really explain...yet."

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:07:29 PM
The possibility made her head swim...float even. Her blue eyes took on a far-off look, and the wind whipped her braid from her back to her front. Jame didn't even notice.

What if I am? I mean...that would change everything, wouldn't it?...It would...

A sharp whistle of wind snapped her out of it. The young woman looked at Rog, focusing...

"You're a Jedi...aren't you?"

Rognan Dar
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:52:56 PM
Rognan smiled bashfully. Though, he had no reason why.

"Yes, I am a Jedi. I will not hide the fact. Though, I am amazed that you could figure it out on your own."

It really wasn't that heard to tell. He was wearing the usual jedi garments that most of the jedi used. If you seen one then would be able to pick Rog out.

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:02:06 PM
She saw Rog blush. She wasn't used to men blushing, so it made her laugh.

"What made me guess you're a Jedi is that you immediately linked my strength in mental shielding to force capability..That, and I'm a pretty good sleuth sometimes."

A pretty smile stretched across her face, and she laughed a little more. The wind by now, had calmed significantly. She looked up at the stars spread across the sky, and sighed, still smiling.

Rognan Dar
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:46:22 PM
"Er...yeah. There was that, too." He, too, laughed along with her. "But what I still can't understand is that you would seem capible of using the Force. Well, I'm not sure if you can. But there is a way to find out. That is...if you are interested..."

Jame Kaman Dar
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:34:48 PM
Jame suddenly shot her gaze back to Rog.

"Really? That can be done?"

She chews on the end of her index finger..."I didn't know that..."

Rognan Dar
Nov 29th, 2003, 03:36:05 PM
Rognan scratches the back of his head ineasily.

"Well, I think there is. Otherwise, how would the Masters of the Jedi Order know that some are able to use it? You might have a hidden Force potential, which would be why I can't sense it in you. But maybe someone of higher rank could. Then again...you might just be a strong empath."

Rognan paused and thought a little about what he did know about Jame.

There is also the fact that you are able to speak telepathically. I have only heard of some races that are able to do that without the force. But since you are not those, you must have some force potential. Even if it is very small.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:30:03 PM
Jame paused, looking closely at Rog for a second. The look on his face.. and he was scratching his head, but not for an itch.

"You seem unsure...uneasy..about something...My telepathy, right?...I never knew my parents... But my uncle was always telling me I'm so much like my mother was. The way I read people.. My telepathy.... He was my father's brother. But he never told me much about my parents. Just that they had loved me. But one day, I came home from a concert, and he was gone. Our home was in flames. They said it was a bomb... A bomb, I think, that was meant for me. I got to see him with his last breaths. That was when I was 10. Funny, that was the same way my parents went, so i'm told...I guess what had happened to them was too hard on Uncle Rokin. I remember when I was much younger.. him telling me gentler stories about what had happened. Somehow I could always tell that it wasn't the exact truth. His face.. his body..would give him away. Not a very good liar."

She grew quiet. Jame pulled out her tin flute again, and started to play something quiet, to calm her mind.

I just hate not knowing myself.

Rognan Dar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:45:35 PM
Rognan listened to Jame's rambaling intently. There was so many things she just said that needed to be but in the mind correctly. He listened to her play as he did his filing.

Rog was also going through a time when he didn't really know his true self. His likes, his dislikes. His strength his weakness. Things were changing every day since he arrived at the order. Most of it was good...but there was still those times that made him discouraged.

"Its hard to know who you are when there is no one to tell you. It takes time to find out who that person in the mirror is deep down."

As his mind continued to file the information, he came across some sentences that made him think harder.

"You said that you could almost...read...your Uncle? Could you tell by the way he spoke, the way he moved that, and just the general presence of him that he was untruthful?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:07:15 PM
Nodding slowly, Jame had a thoughtful look on her face.

"Mmhmm. Read him like he was an open book."

Rognan Dar
Dec 4th, 2003, 05:27:08 PM
Rognan rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

This is odd, he told himself. Those are the skills of the Lorrdians. Could she possibly be a Lorrdian?

Out loud he said: "Do you know where your parents were from? Maybe even what race they were? What about your Uncle?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 4th, 2003, 07:21:56 PM
She flipped her flute over and over in her hands. There were very few things she knew about her family... Did she have any siblings? Where was she from?...Jame shook her head.

"Uncle Rokin was adopted, when he was 10. The age I lost him at. He wouldn't tell me where I was from, for fear of my life, and to protect me from being connected to my parents, I guess. He knew where I was from. But every time i'd ask, he'd get this shocked and frightened look on his face. Said it was for my own safety...In the end, it really didn't do any good."

She sighed heavily. Danger seemed to follow her, no matter how long it took to get there.

"When the house was black and destroyed, it was seached. The authorities did find one letter, meant for me. It was from my uncle. It was meant for when I was 16. To tell me where I was from, and everything about me. That I was a little different from the other people around us. He had been writing it when the bomb went off. It was never finished. Uncle even tried telling me with his last breath. But he was gone before he got it out. All he said was 'Jame, darling.. you're a...fromm...L....LLL..' "

A tear formed at the corner of her eye.

"I've been 10 years without him. My whole life without my real family. I wish I knew who I was.. More about myself and who, what I am. But...I don't know how i'd find out. I've been too..grieved, I guess to even bother. Now I want to know.. But it's been...forever and i don't know."

She rubbed her eyes, and looked at her flute.

"The music, my odd abilites, my interest in languages, are all I have..know of what I am. I know so many languages, vocal, telepathic and well, body I guess. That's how i'd explain it.." She said this in a quieter voice.

Rognan Dar
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:49:26 PM
"Do you think he was trying to say...Lorrd or Lorrdian?"

Rognan knew this had to be it. But he just didn't want to say it. After all, he could still be wrong. With all the facts that were presented...that chance was growing thin.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 6th, 2003, 09:05:37 PM
Jame sucked on the mouthpiece of her tin flute. She thought about his question. And then gave some sort of answer.

"Come to think of it, that's entirely possible. In my travels, i've met many people... And there was this one woman who was Lorrdian,which makes plenty of sense, since I was on Lorrd for a day or so. Anyway, I had run into her because I wasn't watching where I was going. That was when my ex-best friend had been fired. We'd had a huge fight, and I haven't seen her since. So Anyway, the woman i'd run right into...I could have sworn I'd run into a mirror. I had been feeling a tad bitter, but mostly sad and sorry for myself. Didn't even apologize for almost knocking her over. "

Jame scratched her nose.

"To this day, that woman's face still comes to me. She looked almost exactly like me, but older. And Uncle Rokin always told me that I looked so much like my mother. So...what if that woman was her?...That could answer a lot of questions for me..."

Rognan Dar
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:13:59 PM
Rognan listened carefully. The little story didn't make much sense. If her parents were killed in a bombing insident, then how could she run into someone that is the closest looking person to her without it being her mother? She must have gotten out of was not there. But then why would she let her daughter live with her uncle instead of with her? he thought, trying to make sense out of someone elses life.

Rognan looked up from the waves and saw that the sun was just over the horizen. He was starting to get dark. And in a matter of minutes it would be.

"Well, it apears to be getting late. Might be a good idea to turn in. May I accompany you back home? Maybe we could have another chat tomorrow?"

And maybe figure out this thing about you being Lorrdian, he added to himself.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 13th, 2003, 07:10:10 PM
Jame rose from where she was sitting, and picked up her bag in her free hand..the one that wasn't holding her flute. She slung it over her shoulder.

"Sounds good. I've had a long week and I'm rather tired."

So with that, Rog and Jame started walking. They talked along the way, and Jame suggested they meet for breakfast, to talk some more.

"I think by the time I wake up, i'll be starving...So I figure that would be a good idea. "

Soon enough they were in town.

Rognan Dar
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:23:00 PM
Rognan walks along side Jame, chatting idioly with her.

"So, uh, where is it that you are staying?" he said after a whiile of just walking off.

While talking he automatically started walking to his own lodgings. One he figured it out, he knew that he was probably going the wrong way.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 15th, 2003, 08:17:23 PM
She looked around at the buildings...this city is huge. She spotted the sign designating her lodgings..Jame had gotten a little ahead of Rog, and noticed this. She turned and looked at him, pointing to the building.

"That one...there...You?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:50:20 PM
One of Rog's eye brows arched.

"Thats where I'm staying, too. How odd. It seems that the Force has brought us together for some reason. It also makes it easyer to find eachother."

Rognan laughed quietly to himself as the two of them walked up to the building.

"Well, uh, I guess I'll see you in the morning?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 16th, 2003, 04:36:41 PM
She laughed.

"It does, doesn't it? "

Jame adjusted her bagstrap on her shoulder, and opened it to look for her keycard to her room. She fumbled for several minutes..

"Where is that...blasted key...darn...Oh! There it is..."

The young woman held up her key and grinned...

"Well, I'll see you in the morning, then. G'night."

...and headed off to her room.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:31:12 PM
Rognan watched her until she was inside her room. Then he went to his own and got ready for bed.

What if she is Lorrdian? Its not like I could help her that much anyway, he thought.

It took Rognan several minutes before he could fall asleep. And once he did, it did nothing but to keep him awake. He dreamed the whole night. Not of good times or things that his heart desired, but of the past. Things that he couldn't remember, from the time when he was young. Tossing and turning, images flashed through his mind.

...there was a face...it was female...young like him at the time...but it once ment something to him... They use to play together...laugh together...but then something happened and he forgot about...her. Who she was he didn't know. The face bore into his mind, trying to unlock a part of his past that was taken away from him...

Rognan sat up in his bed, sweating. The dream was not a nightmare, nor just a dream. It was a vision. But what trigured it? he wondered. Things like this just don't come for no reason. Who was she? I...knew her...once. But then...but then something happened...something went wrong...there was fire...and a explosion...the house....the house was on fire... Rognan strugled trying to figure out is past. It wasn't that someone had erased his memory. He had just forgotten it all. He was young at the time.

Getting out of bed, he got dressed and went to the little lobby of the lodgings he was staying at. He sat there the rest of the night, pondering what the dream was about.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:47:24 PM
Alll this stress of the past week or two really tired Jame out. It was pretty much that, as soon as she got in her room, she flopped down on the bed, and was out like a light. However, this did not last all night.

-----

BOOOOOOOOOOM...

And with that, a big flash came, and flames soon began to grow, and eat away at the home she'd known all her short years.
She was crying...screaming...screaming for mother. And father. And...but another loud boom roared out, and she couldn't even hear her own words...The little girl was bouncing up and down, and arms were close around her. Someone was carrying her, running. Then a voice whispered in her ear.. comforting her...telling her not to cry...

You're mine now, my darling little girl...Shh...I'm your Uncle...

----

Jame Kaman woke, shaking.. in a cold sweat. Confused, her mind raced...

Wht was that? Where did it come from...

As she ran over these thoughts, Jame was up, and heading out the door, and down the hall, to the lobby. Rather shaken, she was so distracted...didn't notice anyone there... Not the nightman, nobody..And as she darted her eyes from side to side in the area, she headed to some seating, and sat down. That is when she saw Rognan sitting on the other seating, across from her. The questions suddenly stopped, and she stared at him, her gaze boring into him with extreme confusion, curiousity..Finally, Jame managed to speak...albeit slowly, a little uneasily.

"Couldn't..s-sleep..Wha-t is going..on..with you?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 02:56:16 PM
Rognan's eyes were closed when Jame sat down. When she spoke to him he didn't respond at first, as if he was asleep. Without opening his eyes, he finally answered her.

"I was...unable...to sleep. Had a kind of...vision, you might say."

The face...it was so close now. He could almost...touch it...it felt so real. It would almost be impossible now to see anything but the face. When he finally opened his eyes his face went white from what he saw before him.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:06:00 PM
She still stared at him. And when he turned his face up to look at her, he blanched. This only confused her further..

"What? Whoa..You alright?"

Jame slowly rose and moved over to him, and put a hand on his shoulder, as if to comfort him. Suddenly, she felt a deep shock in her mind, and backed off...

"Who in ...Who are you, exactly?" She whispered nervously.. The sudden hit from that connection had been overwhelming..Jame's arms were wrapped around her torso, and she stared at him, a little freaked, and took another step back.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:20:51 PM
Rognan also jumped back when she touched him, also looking at her confused.

"I have a gut renching feeling that there is a conection between us more then we can remember. I'm Rognan Dar," he said invisizing the 'Dar,' hoping that he might trigure something. "I told you this before, but now I don't really know who I am."

The reason Rog turned white was because he saw the spitting image of the child in his dream before him. Well, she was a little older but that didn't change much.

"Do you remember anything, anything from your past about your parents, house, room...siblings...? Anything that might have been forgotten?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:36:43 PM
She stood there, shifting right to left on her feet.

...anything from your past about your parents, house... HOUSE..

This stood out to her like the sun falling down on her eyes.

"An explosion...the house..my house.. my dad...DAD! Father..He burned!!"

Her frantic words drew the nightman's eyes on her. She felt those eyes on her back, but ignored them. A tear formed at the corner of her eye, and she flopped down on the seat next to her.

Images now flashed through her mind as she attempted to concentrate...Jame hadn't taken her eyes off Rog, and now they tightly shut, and her teeth gritted.

"She went...with ...with ..I went.." Jame gasped.

Her eyes fluttered open.

"Rokin, you b...ba... "

She stared at Rog. "I remember saying goodbye to mother. She went somewhere with my brother... " And with her intense concentration, Jame suddenly slapped a hand over her mouth.."The explosion...Then no more of my family...OMIGOSH.."

The young woman squeaked out this next word.

"You..."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:45:23 PM
Slowly, with each sentence, the gaps in the puzzle were being filled. It was now Rognan's turn to tell what he knew.

"The house was on fire when we got back...Mother thought all was lost. I didn't know what she ment then...she said Father went...went away. But I remember having a father afterward. Not for a while but he did come back..."

Closing his eyesm he consintrated.

"...other started to call me by a different...a different name...but I thought that they were just making fun of me...mother re-married without me knowing...and she never explained anything about the fire..."

He then opened his eye, tears treaming down them. Then he reached out to her and grasped her hand. New images swept through both their minds. About the times they had together before the great fire.

"Its you...my sister."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 03:54:03 PM
Jame cleared up...

"I remember you...And all this time, Rokin made out that mum and papa were hunted, and destroyed. But really, it was him."

Ooh boy. If Jame ever looked angry, it was in that moment. But not too soon after that, she came to see that the past was the past, and the present was quite good. She looked at Rog and smiled. And then suddenly, she hugged him.

"I don't care. I'm so glad..." Jame still had wet cheeks. She let Rog go... "I guess this means I'm ..Lorrdian, right? And really, do I look like mother that much?" She laughed a little.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:03:57 PM
Rognan laughed too.

"Heh, you do, now that I look at you correctly. We are Lorrdian. You...me...brother and sister. How could we not have seen it? I should have known it was you when I first saw you!"

Rognan gave her another hug.

"But what does that matter now, right? We are finally together and I will never let us be parted."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:06:36 PM
She grinned...

"Nothing to worry about now. I have my family. Even if it is just you."

She looked out a nearby window.

"I think that's the sun rising..."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:11:22 PM
"Well, mother is still alive or at lest she was when I left."

Rog folloed her gaze to the window. He was so tired a few minutes ago but now with this sudden discovery he felt re-strengthened.

"Come," he said helping her to stand. "Lets go enjoy this new day."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:20:58 PM
She laughed.

"Let's..But I'm hungry...I think we should start with breakfast.. And then figure out what we're gonna do from there... I mean, I still wanna know if I can become a Jedi...on top of being a musician, DJ, linguist.. ex-pirate..."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:24:48 PM
"Yeah, yeah. We'll worry about that latter. Come on."

In their search to find a place to eat, they found a place that looked calm and quiet. It was also early in the morning, so that might add to the empty part. As they entered the place, Rog saw only a few people. Most were the people worked here. They took a seat at the window.

"So, what is it that you like to eat for breafest?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:26:47 PM
Jame looked at him and giggled.

"Something edible, of course."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:32:16 PM
"Oh, come on. You have got to be craving something! To tell you the truth...I don't know what to have either."

Rognan looked at the menu as if studing it.

"Hmm...How about some...pancakes?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:35:56 PM
Jame perked up...

"Mmm.. Pancakes, sunny side up eggs, bacon and hash browns. Oh, and orange juice. That's my favorite breakfast...well, that or a BLT."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:40:00 PM
Rognan called over the server and told her to get the food that Jame just described. Once he was done, the server went off to get there order.

"So...uh...how have things been since the fire, wait, you already told me...hmm..."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:42:59 PM
She more than happily answered..

"Well, Yeah, you know that.. Jame Kaman is my first and middle name. I grew up not having a last name. It wasn't needed. So it never bothered me. But now, I realize it was probably just a part of Rokin's big plot to hide me."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:44:24 PM
"I'm surprised that he could have even done this. What I don't understand is why he would do such a thing. He was always so cool when we were young..."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:49:23 PM
"I think it was jealousy... The way he talked about mother especially. I remember one time, he said that him and papa both loved her, but papa won her in the end...the look he had on his face wasn't a happy one. I think he stole me to get back at both of them, and that I looked so much like mother..well, that was just another thing that made him do it, I guess..."

She played with her braid.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:54:07 PM
"Thats sickening! I guess he got what he what was coming to him. I'm surprised that he didn't take advantage of you with that kind of jealousy..."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:57:00 PM
"MMhhmmm. I sure hope the food's ready soon. I think my stomach's speaking Wookiee."

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:01:17 PM
After a few minutes of talking the food finally came.

"Well, I hope your able to eat this all. It would be a shame to waste it. Well, dig in!"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:15:05 PM
...And dig in she did. She hadn't given much thought to food over the past day or two, and now she was really hungry.

Mmm. Good. Eating all this will not be a problem.

She'd finished about half her meal when she realised she'd thought of something.

"What was...is mother like?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 20th, 2003, 04:21:29 PM
Rognan had a mouthful of food in his mouth when Jame asked him a question. He chewed as fast as he could.

"Well," he said with his mouth empty. "She's alot like you, in fact. As far as looks go. She is very active and doesn't spend much time at home. Now that I think about it...she might have been avoiding me so that she didn't see father through me. I never understood it then because I still had a father. And who was I to know that he was not my real father."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 20th, 2003, 04:41:11 PM
Jame listened, and shoved a piece of yolk-drenched pancake in her mouth with the fork. Some yolk dribbled onto her chin. Chew, chew, chew and swallow. Orange juice to wash it down.

"Now that I think of it... the vision I had last night...I saw father in it. You really do look like him. For mother, that must have really been painful."

Bacon. Crunch, chew, chew. Swallow.

Rognan Dar
Dec 21st, 2003, 06:11:54 PM
"I couldn't say that I know. She was always busy with work and all. Spent most of my day by myself. Then, she must have seen how longly I was, got me a pet to play with. That was the best thing that I ever gotten from her...I never thanked her for that..."

Rognan returned to his food, now regretting a few things more then he did a second ago.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:01:55 PM
She nods. Holding a piece of pancake on the end of her fork, pointing up in the air, Jame looked at him.

"At least you were lucky enough to have her, Rog. I was stuck with a fool, taken away from the family I loved. But I suppose it made me who I am, and I guess that's good."

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:18:10 PM
"Well," he said swallowing, "are you happy the way you turned out? If so then, yeah, its good. But I'm not hapy because of it. Who knows what life would have been like if we were not seperated. We might still be on Lorrd. Then again, we might both be in the Jedi Order."

Rognan stuffed another peice of pancake in his mouth and washed it down with the juice.

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:23:00 PM
The pancake piece on the end of her fork tried escaping when she went to put it in her mouth. But it didn't, and she ate it.

"Yeah, I'm happy. But we're back together now, and well, that's as good as anything. And I think we'd be both in the Jedi Order anyways. Speaking of which, I think that's where I'd like to go next. "

She gulped some OJ.

"I'm almost done."

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:43:31 PM
"You being able to use the force still remains to be seen. Though, I feel that you do have some ability to use it. I read that..." pausing to take a quick bite, "...twins have a strong connection, stronger then any other connection, to eachother through the force. And I feel that now. Now that we are back together a part of me has returned and I feel complete."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:05:45 PM
She'd just whipped through breakfast. Must've been famished.

"Well, I believe it. So we'll know soon enough, though I think we already have a fairly good idea. I'm done eating. Everything."

And gulped the last gulp of her OJ.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:09:58 PM
Rognan stared in fasination at the empty plate before Jame. He was only half way done, and qas feeling quite full. He normally didn't so much. Made it hard to do training with a fulll stomach.

"Well, if your done I guess we can go. Unless you want to just hang out for a while. Or are you eager to go to the Order?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:12:12 PM
She swallowed, smiling.

"Well, Really, I'm eager to get somewhere, get a start on my new life. We could go to the Order. But it's your choice."

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:21:17 PM
"I don't mind. I've had enough time away for a while. If you pack up all your stuff we can get going. I'll go such for the next flight back to coruasant(spa?)."

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:25:44 PM
Grin.

"My stuff is already all packed up. Just my backpack and a duffel bag. It's already ready to go. I just have to go pick it up from the front desk on the way out. So let's go." Jame said this rather happily. If things went as she hoped, her new life would be far better...

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:29:43 PM
"Arighty then. I'll need to grab my stuff too and we can go to the space port."

Standing up, Rog went over to the counter and payed for the meal. Then went to the door and held it open.

"You coming?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:32:57 PM
She laughed, rolling her eyes when she rose from the seat she occupied.

"Of course I am, silly."

And strode over to the door, and through it. She jogged up to the desk, and asked for her bags. Once she had them, she went over to where Rog was.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:36:02 PM
Rognan went up to his room and did a quick pack up and clean up. Once done, he checked out and walked over to a bench, but did not sit, and watched the sun as it continued to rise.

"Ok," he said as Jame walked up behind him. "Lets go." And they were off to the spaceport.